Do you suffer from "Too Many Ideas Syndrone"?

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
While hunting for new tools and writing resources, I stumbled over 9 Ways to Overcome Too Many Ideas Syndrome.

I definitely fall under the category of "too many ideas". To the point where I get completely frazzled and unable to complete a writing project because my brain runs off with my common sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

The article is kinda cool, anyway. Has anyone managed to get their TMIS under control? Maybe we can see if this helps. >>;

I usually choose the most complex ones. I considered trying a rp based on Eversion, the happy little platformer/cosmic horror story, but couldn't come up with anything great quickly.

With characters, I like to go for ones that can stand out quickly. These tend to be the crazy dudes, but they get people to react. Boom! I blow up your door because it is in my way, what do ye do?

Yea, I have that problem. Especially when writing longer posts. I often loose my original train of thought and end up going off on something totally different.

I have AS, enough said. This is how my brain always works, I blame Orochi.

TMIS huh. Well I don't think i suffer from too many ideas, rather the complete opposite, I find it hard to come up with an idea that a lot of people will take interest in. I find myself trying to find something different that still follows the same good vs. bad basic idea. So if you got a different article on Too Little Ideas Syndrone (TLIS) then I'll be listening.

Is that what it's called! I thought it was ADD. But do girls get ADD? I flip between ideas like a spazz with a twitchy tv remote. I usually can't focus on any one long enough to get it out coherently- usually I wind up telling my friend to run with them if they think they can use them. That way they get some chance of being done.

You should see me in school.

Sometimes, I'm so distracted by a flood of ideas that I can't concentrate on schoolwork. I was taking a physics test yesterday && all the questions were prodding me on fantasical ideas based on Newton's Laws of Motion. I was thinking of rpg-styled stories with phantasmagorical settings & whatnot. It was amusing, but distracting.

And sometimes, the greatest ideas flutter away within the moment. I wish there was some kind of device that could read minds & jot them down for you.

Don't you?

Reactions: 1 person
Uh, no. I write shit down, you know, pencil and paper? They remember your touch back in high school, why don't you?