Do you read other users' role-plays?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Das weird

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
liiiiiar

I read some people's RPs, yes, then I message them and stroke their ego like there's no tomorrow 8D I mostly read those of people with whom I RP one on one, or friends. ^_^ it's terrible but I also like knowing others are reading my RPs and enjoying it - feels good, especially since I have a long way to go before I'm legit super confident in my work 8D
I am subscribed to the Pahnick hype train, but that's the only roleplay I'm reading rn <.<

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn and Jorick
I am subscribed to the Pahnick hype train, but that's the only roleplay I'm reading rn <.<
You've made a fine decision of which roleplay to read. 8D

Reactions: Pahndemic
I don't, but I might now lol

It never crossed my mind to read others rps and now I'm super curious as to what everyone's doing. Good thing it's Friday!!

I'm totally gonna go read a bunch later lol

Reactions: Greenie
I didn't actually know people did this until an old partner messaged me like "Hey, I love your this RP of yours!" Like they kept up to date and I was like WOAH PEOPLE DO THIS. I was flattered lmao.

However I'm so engrossed in my own RPs that I usually don't. Buut, I do like to creep on my partners other RPs, especially if I like their writing, I get curious as to what else they like to write 8)

I read others RP if they were ones I wanted to be part of, but they offered no room for another player. So yes and no. I have to be invested in the idea and secretly hope someone quits out.

I do, sometimes. Usually it's more to read a person's writing style and what sort of characters they play in general, and not to enjoy the actual rp itself.

I've had people read my RPs on other sites and make comments, but I didn't think about that being the case here. Actually I was looking at my view count on one of my threads here and mentioning to my partner (it was a 1x1), wondering if Iwaku only counts unique views. Because if Iwaku only counts unique views then apparently our rp was quite popular for lurkers?? lol.

I'm a little embarrassed because we started 2 rps and both of them didn't go in the directions we planned them to go in.... Feel like people are judging me for the narrow scope of RPs I've done on this site.

Been meaning to start again, something not red star, but just been too busy lately.

Anyway tl;dr, no, not weird.

No, I just don't have time. I've barely been able to dedicate enough time to the RP's I'm actually in, recently. ;_;

Although, I'd be curious to see if anyone here has ever read some of my RP's. Some of them have been around for so long, I feel like it's fairly likely that some GC regulars have stumbled across them at some point...

But those are the RP's that are really fucking weird.

If the premise doesn't interest me enough to be joining an RP, I also won't take the time to read it should it get off the ground. It's not something I do or take interest in. Heaven help the poor rat who takes interest in my RPs.

My answer is not really. I only read a roleplay partner's or friend's RP out of support. And mostly I read the naughtier stuff so I can have a chuckle. Like someone else said here, if I want to read, I've many novels I'd rather be reading. Reading someone's RP is not that different than if I went to the critique area of a writing forum.

I struggle to read RPs because the narrative is too slow, and I see RP writing as a form of self indulgent writing between the partners. Only those involved would be truly interested because it is lovely to have stuff written for you, a bit like letters sent to you personally. Others are not going to immediately understand context or care, and I wouldn't expect them to.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I see a roleplay with any fxf pairing I will usually show it some love. :)

Reactions: Sidhe
Status
Not open for further replies.