Do you go to work or school when you're sick?

Do you go to work or school when you're sick?

• Yeah :(

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Nope :)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I don't go to school and I don't have a job.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what I have going on at work... important stuff, I gut it out. Not so important... stay home on sick leave and get better for those important days.

If I can stand I go to work.

As others have posted, work or die/starve/homeless.

No way! Not only that you can infect other people (if is contagious), but you can´t function properly while sick. Work of school. So, better stay home and get well. F*** work/school, my health is a priority!

My mom would keep us home when we were sick as kids.

As a teacher, I didn't like it at all when parents would send sick children. Firstly, they were at most eight years old? There was nothing they couldn't learn some other day. Next, the child is miserable and unable to concentrate. Lastly and most important, other children could get sick, seen it happen all the time :/

Myself, I would rarely get sick so I never took sick leave. Headaches are part and parcel when teaching ;)

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Eh, it depends on two things: how sick I am and how many sick days I have. If I feel so wretched where I can barely eat and just sleep for the most part, I am not going in especially since I work with consumers and exposing them exposes a large population and it works its way through all the other staff and then we end up shortstaffed cuz of one person's stubbornness about calling in. However, if I don't have sick days left (not very common), then I am much more likely to drag myself in and then just pretty much warn everyone I carey the plague and to keep distant.

No, it's rude AF.

(If you work with or around people.)

Sadly a lot of work places, in America don't give enough sick days. I wasted my whole 7 days of sick day at a gas station because I had caught death. I came to work the next day feeling awful. I looked like a ghost too, I was so pale and zombie like. They told me to just go home and get better.

But that meant that the next time I got sick I couldn't miss any more days of work because it was blown on the death illness I caught.

Always work. Last time I called in was after nearly a week of 100+ degree fevers and what not. Had to finally break down and take a day. Just the one though, shit don't pay for itself after all.

Sadly a lot of work places, in America don't give enough sick days. I wasted my whole 7 days of sick day at a gas station because I had caught death. I came to work the next day feeling awful. I looked like a ghost too, I was so pale and zombie like. They told me to just go home and get better.

But that meant that the next time I got sick I couldn't miss any more days of work because it was blown on the death illness I caught.
Actually it's illegal in America to force an employee to work if they are ill. It is also illegal to fire an employee for staying home sick. Though they can require a doctor's note before they allow you to come back if you've missed a certain number of days. You won't get paid for those days but thats life. It drives me nuts when people go to work sick and infect others.

Actually it's illegal in America to force an employee to work if they are ill. It is also illegal to fire an employee for staying home sick. Though they can require a doctor's note before they allow you to come back if you've missed a certain number of days. You won't get paid for those days but thats life. It drives me nuts when people go to work sick and infect others.

Colorado is a fire at will state. And they don't have to give a reason to why you were fired.

I've been having violent migraines since I was a teenager. The kind where I can't even walk to the washroom by myself, where light blinds me even more than usual, and when I can't eat. I've tried to go to work feeling like this, and my production was terrible. It's especially that I stare at a blinding screen all day talking to 3 customers at the same time on chat.... x_x

A few weeks ago I called in sick, I had a pretty bad cold with fever and constant constant constant coughing. The carpet at work came up pretty quickly.

I've had to stay home once because of period cramps... turned out a cyst burst =V

The longest paid time off work "last minute" was when I had some terrible personal news and my manager instantly approved my 4-days off.

I'm really thankful though that my current job truly allows me to have banked sick days, and that my hubby works at the same company, meaning missing one day has little to no effect on my pay

Status
Not open for further replies.