Do you feel better after posting your problems online?

Do you feel better after writing about your problems online?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • i dont has problemz

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Online venting can help me sort out thoughts, look at stuff from more angles, and think about solutions because it forces me to put my ideas down in a way that would be logical and understandable to the other people who might be reading. Additionally, getting other people's views can be helpful and they might be able to offer advice you wouldn't have thought of. There's been times where I've realized things that completely changed the way I view a situation.

That being said most of my current problems are not easily or immediately fixable and venting can only do so much. It's nice to rant but other people's responses tend to be very disappointing. Lately whenever I vent to my friends they just respond with something like "rip," "lol same," or "poor precious baby you don't deserve this." The first one is annoying and utterly useless, the second one is a bit infuriating and it feels like I'm not being taken seriously, and the last one is also useless and infantilizing. Sometimes you'll get someone who's like "wow that must be hard and I'm sorry," and while that's much preferable it still doesn't do anything for me.

In the end venting doesn't usually solve much if the problem wasn't already easily solvable. In the long term I'll feel as bad as always regardless of whether or not I post something about it online. Maybe it'll provide some temporary release/relief, but that doesn't last long.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I am way too open and extrovert on the internet while I am closed and introvert IRL.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
It works very well for me and forces me to take more than what I was thinking originally into consideration. Ranting to people who you don't have to ever directly confront is a nice thing to be able to do. It allows me to say whats on my mind without worrying about real consequences.

Reactions: An Otaku