Do you Dream Dreams?

It occurred to me that the last "tell me about your dreams" thread that we had floating around pre-dates Otaku's presence here.

Which means he hasn't heard the story of the recurring Paul McCartney dreams.

So yeah I had a series of recurring dreams about Paul McCartney. Specifically, the dreams always involved me just sort of... finding him out in public. And of course that's when I think "!! that's Paul Mc-fucking-Cartney!!", and I start to approach him, but then, I hesitate -- partially out of shyness and partially just because I feel like he wouldn't want to be bothered and that it would be polite to just leave him alone -- and I just let him walk away. But then I always change my mind, and I try to run after him -- but then, I just can't find him. Even if he only just turned a corner or something, he's gone as soon as he's out of sight, and I can't find him anywhere, and then I regret not saying hi to him when I had the chance.

I had a dream like this at least 3 or 4 times, from what I can recall. The setting and scenery was different each time, but it always followed the same sequence of: I see Paul, I want to approach him but don't, he walks away, I try to go after him but can't find him.

But then, there was one version of this dream where, after I decided I wasn't going to approach him and he started to walk away... he paused, and he turned around, and he said "No, no, we're not doing this again."

And then he started to approach me

And then I woke up.

But, I never had those dreams again after that.

I guess you could say, dream-Paul became self-aware and broke the cycle? XD

Is this an infamous story to Iwaku? (O.O)

This is what I feel like I'm missing with my predominantly dreamless existence. Not harassing members of the Beatles.

Also. Dreams = Curses? Seems to be the consensus.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
Is this an infamous story to Iwaku? (O.O)

I often mention it whenever a "tell me about your dreams" thread comes up. So, lots of Iwakuians here have probably heard it a couple of times. *shrug*

Do you Dream Dreams?

======

I barely remember my dreams, at all.
Though my most recent one was me ordering too much food at McDonalds.

Also. Dreams = Curses? Seems to be the consensus.
Um I like my dreams even if I'm confused about not having recurring dreams and nightmares like a normal person XD

Reactions: An Otaku
I actually had a very vivid dream today. It was a The Walking Dead dream. The group was smaller than ever, there was like, only Rick and a few others left. Even Michonne was dead. I was there as myself, lol. There were walkers a plenty as we tried to maneuver our way through a giant indoor complex, but more dangerous than them were the humans who had traps set and were adamant on killing us. There were many gruesome deaths, including being impaled by wood. In the end, I think eight of us managed to escape in a Jeep.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Oh hey, this is sort of relevant

• Useful
I believe in this little psychology thing.
953b1cbceab35762cc3b875b5200e12c.jpg

The dreams I can remember most vividly, so to speak, and really, the only kinds of dreams I can remember in this moment (or a dream in this instance), is a dream about sex. Yup, I have dreams about sexuality, sex, the human body and I'm not ashamed to say it, much less explain that yeah, I've had sexual feelings repressed my entire life and it's still waiting to get out. I absolutely love human sexuality and the psychology of sexuality and I can't wait until I get that chance to finally explore it.

You're hijacking my thread with science, Kaga. (`ー´)

Please continue.

Can I hijack it with motivational songs about dreams?

Personally, I'd really like to be able to practice more of lucid dreaming. I've not been able to get it to work many times at all, and it would be really enjoyable if I could. :/

That said... normally, I either don't have dreams, or I don't remember them.

Probably because I'm a goat.

I had a dream that a friend and I were bounty hunters. Our organization wore suits like the Turks(FFVII). We looked so stylish. Anyway, we botched our hit on a big baddie and had to go into hiding. Two other of our friends were also operates and gave us tickets to a fancy ferry ride. I was looking through the menu of what I was going to eat on the ferry when I woke up.

Do I dream dreams? Well, to answer that question quite frankly, yes. I dream dreams ( since dreams are the only things you can dream besides nightmares which are still dreams). In Most of my dreams I am a faceless ( because dream me has a thing against mirrors and any time he gets a reflection, he has no face or it is blurred) spy due "missions". These "missions" can be inspired by TV shows, my own imagination or even books/games. Generally, I complete the "mission"

Only dream to do this that bugs me is the witch dream as I refer to it. I only had it once. Basically, me and my dream friends ( mostly creations based on my toys or OCS) are being hung over a boiling cauldron and the witch is about to drop us ( if I remember correctly) and we can't escape... and I just woke up. Next dream basically attempt to fill in the blanks, but it never made sense to me... that and my other life and death scenario dreams. Generally I wake up and sometime during my awake time, my brain writes the end.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I normally have pretty weird dreams. One would be when I was in some sort of underground waste treatment facility with raised waking platforms(at least that's what it looked like) and me and a bunch of my high school teachers were fighting off a horde of zombies. Then in another one(which is a bit more clear), I was hiding from the Xenomorph in Alien Isolation(and I was actually in a location within the space station from the game). I recall that at first I was out in the hallway in the medical bay or whatever the place was called, and then I went into one of the patient rooms and locked the automatic sliding door, although since the doors only stay locked for a certain number of seconds, I decided to hide behind a desk or something. After that however, somehow I suddenly had a little brother, who was standing right by the door as if wanting to draw the alien inside, and so I went over and hugged him and that was that... can't remember anything afterwards.

While not all my dreams I can remember that clearly, the ones I do are often pretty weird like the two I described above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: An Otaku
I'm a deep sleeper, and tend to have vivid, early morning REM dreams almost each day. While I've never been able to lucid dream, I find it relatively easy to wake up from a dream, and then go back to sleep and continue the one I woke up from.

As a child, I always had this weird nightmare of a giant spider that lived in toilets and would snatch up people to eat.

Thankfully I no longer have that dream >.> most of them now tend to be more realistic.

The last dream that I can recall well enough began with me sitting on my front porch, looking through a break in the trees to the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen. I got up to photograph it, and after taking my eye off the viewfinder and panning back out to the larger landscape, I looked up to realize the house was almost situated below a cliff with large rocks lining it, and waves crashing against them. Above the rocks where the sky should have been, was nothing but rising and falling ocean water. It was one of the most surreal experiences ever, and majestic in the most non-cliche use of the term.

I woke up and immediately decided to go back to sleep because I wanted to go back to that place. Later that day I was thinking that if this was the type of experience those in comas had, I'd almost never want to come back to reality. Consequently, I also realized I had basically just committed myself to the matrix at that point, and went into an existential pondering of life.

Feed me more of your dreams!!

One very vivid dream I remember (from a very long time ago) was remarkable for the fact it was animated... not CGI animated, since CGI didn't exist when I had this dream, but this phenomenally detailed, hand-drawn style of animation. And I was this character in a story, a sentient alien rat in this air/space force, pilot of a sub-orbital fighter, referred to as an "Arrowhead" due to its shape. There had been a war between our homeworld and a colony world, and since our FTL tech was in the form of jump-ships that could easily and quickly pop from planetary orbit to planetary orbit, the war had been rather brutal, the attacking colony using these aerial "bombs" to contaminate the homeworld's atmosphere. What would happen was, certain atmospheric conditions would cause this contaminate to condense and explode into fireballs, the ventilation of buildings and the systems of vehicles especially vulnerable, basically grinding our technological civilization to a halt.

I was the only survivor of my squad, volunteer for a mission that could very well be suicidal, given the conditions. What few pilots and ships we had left, we planned to use to run to colonies not involved in the war, in an effort to find a place to move our remaining population, to find aid, till our homeworld could be safely purged. Though the Arrowhead hadn't been designed as a starship, each one was fitted with a jury-rigged Jump Drive, and we each had an assigned target world. I remember going over all this in my mind as I stood on the field, watching the techs retrofit my Arrowhead... they seemed to have a bit of difficulty, but managed to finish in time for inspection. For the time when all the volunteers stood in line, me included, and this personage I only thought of as "The General" came out and walked down the line, thanking each of us for our efforts in turn.

Oh, one important detail: The general was a very large, jet-black-furred rat, wearing only what looked like a matching black leather "breastplate" with a simple mark of rank composed of colored squares side by side, forming a rectangle, over the left side of his chest. I and the other pilots were smaller, gray-furred rats, dressed in nothing but our gunbelts. And the techs? They'd been smaller still, brown-furred, and wore nothing. Not that it really mattered to me, any of that, it was all part of how our society worked, the bigger, darker rats leading, the smaller, duller furred the laborers/soldiers, and the smallest brown-furs serving in the tech professions. I remember just feeling proud, because The General spoke to me, personally... he held a great deal of respect amongst the pilots, even though our efforts to defend the homeworld had failed, and many lives had been lost.

Time came to leave on our separate missions, I buckled into my ship, launched with all the others, witnessed one ship destroyed by a fireball, wondering if I'd be next... but I made orbit, going over my mission again. The colony I was headed for was a small one, on a very bio-rich (jungle) world with a native, friendly insectoid population. Only, my mission ended up going ass-end up on me when I set my destination coordinates, fired up the Jump Drive, and... jumped. This jump felt very odd, and immediately after I arrived at what should have been my destination, my ship lost power and maneuverability, and certain instruments were going crazy. Most strange of all, the planet I was approaching showed no signs of vegetation, at all. From my vantage in orbit, the whole planet looked like a wasteland. But I had no choice, I had to land.

And when I did land, the first thing I did was to check the drive, only to be very startled to find the Jump Drive missing, and the power links hanging empty... reason my Arrowhead had been crippled. Well, according to my readings, this world, as unlikely as it seemed, was the planet I'd been sent to ask for aid. Making sure my gun was charged, I secured my ship, and headed out...

... aaand, to make a long story short, I found this "fortress", discovered the native insectoids were anything but friendly, rescued several colonists... and burned up my pistol's entire charge blasting insectoids not only on an individual level as I'd gone through the "fortress", but also firing at the whole hoard chasing after me and those I'd rescued, as we headed for my ship. Oh, and I'd managed to find another Jump Drive unit, like the one I'd had fitted to my Arrowhead.

Heh... funny thing, but when my gun ran dry, and an army of bugs still remained very much alive and in pursuit, I remember almost throwing my gun at them, futile as that would have been. So, simply re-holstered, did what had to be the quickest install of a Jump Drive ever, stuffed all those I'd rescued into a much cramped cockpit (fortunately, these colonists were unusually small, almost "mousey"), took my pilot's seat, and punched it for orbit, glad the natives only had spears to throw. Woke up shortly after that, so I have no idea if I made it home.

• Love
The one I had last night was silly. I was trying to take a bath; I drew water then went to get my clothes. When I came back most of the water was drained and all the towels were shoved into the drain of the tub. I pulled them all out, set about refilling the tub, and left to tell my mom what had happened, because she was in the next room. I came back and the tub was emptied and this time candy was clogging the drain. I was in the middle of digging it all out when I woke up.

It's finally happened... After *checks post date* 13-ish days of feeding on your dreams, I've had one without using drugs medicine!! (((o(*°▽°*)o)))

Get ready for story time, cuz it's finally happening!!
---
So it started with some TV survivalist type guy trying to explain why the story of Rapunzel was dangerous and they should have used wood from the trees to build a way up for safety reasons. This actually made sense to me at the time because of how the tower was built, with this indention, but thinking back on it now.... I don't understand.

Anyway. Some things happened that I can't remember, and now survivalist TV man has this partner fellow with a friendly wolf and horse. They're both having this miniature expedition thing like around woodsy, park pavilion for kids ranging about 8 to 16, maybe. Can't quite recall. So the horse is trotting along and I notice it's hooves has gotten overgrown, not extremely but it was getting there. The owner seemed to know but didn't seem inclined to do anything about it. So after this miniature expedition was over (still not sure why I was there. Had been hanging in the back, I think, because sociality isn't my specialty) I went over to where the two host fellows were to encourage shortening the horse's hooves before it got hurt, but I couldn't because a girl around my age - we were the oldest "kids" there - stopped me and was complaining the wolf was a threat to the kids there.

I didn't like that she'd shut me down because I somehow knew the wolf was perfectly fine, and that the horse was in danger of breaking its legs with every step (maybe not that immediate, but I was still concerned). So since I couldn't speak up very well, I just decided to walk over to the wolf and start rolling around and playing. The fur was sort of coarse, but it kept nuzzling me, tail swatting, and rolling around, too. I don't know if the girl saw how the wolf wasn't eating me and stopped, but I felt like my mission had been accomplished. Dream ended around there, but I assume I was able to tell the horse owner to trim the hooves.
---
What I find most interesting about this is the few times I've ever had any form of dream (that I was conscious for), which always necessitated sleeping meds, I was always being chased and subsequently eaten/mutilated by a pack of wolves... But more importantly, Dream Mission accomplished!!
kakashi_thumbs_up.jpg

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Joan
On the night leading to August 12th, 2010, I had this dream:

Dreamt I was a member of a starship crew, had quite a number of adventures as we explored. Can't remember all the details, but the dream ended with all but one of our crew getting sick (there were only about six of us). I remember seeing one crewmember so bad, he was writhing on the floor and screaming. To be truthful, I thought we'd die, but we recovered, and our medic... not to mention the rest of the crew... started to go over our memories and ship's logs to find out why that one crewmember didn't get sick. The only commonality separating the rest of us was, well, all but this one crewman had been bitten by an alien insect, a "mosquito", if you will.

Well, things got interesting after that, when all of us "infected" by the bites started to display physical signs of de-evolution. Yes, we were all changing into monkeys! Over several days, our brows thickened, and our faces started to elongate into muzzles, though for some reason, our lower jaws were changing faster than our noses/faces, so we all had horrible underbites. Which made our voices sound funny. I remember us all gathering together to hear the results. Our medic, she'd discovered we'd all been infected by a molecular parasite... she'd even done up a simplified graphic display, with the parasite represented by wiggling maggots, and the nutrients in our blood represented by little pizzas.

Yep, we'd all (except for one) gotten sick shortly after eating (the guy who'd been screaming had thrown up, and felt better, afterwards). Apparently, the parasite had been dormant for a while, avoiding both our immune response and medical detection, then had attached itself to the nutrients in our blood, invaded our cells, and taken over our DNA, woken from dormancy, apparently, by our blood-glucose levels spiking after that meal. Unfortunately, I woke up before our medic found a cure.

But, hey, at least we knew the cause!

I had a dream today. It was, as usual, not a pleasant one. I was trying to stop a dear friend from doing something terrible and they weren't listening. Instead, they pretty much shunned our friendship and basically told me to leave their place, though I had nowhere to go. I've had dreams of friends breaking up with me and it's not pleasant at all.

On the bright side though, dream me was on discord and was chatting on Iwaku discord. :'D Here's the funny part. I accidentally called @Jorick Jorie like @firejay1 does, and then dumped the blame on her. Which is funny because I was talking about this to her just a couple or so day ago. So yeah... I blame you, firey!!!!!