Do you believe in fairies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Love
Reactions: Greenie
Fun fact: Until centuries later when the church decided to sex up the depictions of angels to be innocent looking people with wings, this is what they looked like from the start:

c184fabfcaada6903fba28aeb9376ac0.jpg

Same thing happened with Norse mythology with the Valkyries; instead of being beautiful warrior women, they were terrifying crones that reeked of death.

So, yeah. If you ever wish upon an angel, a multi winged, multi-eyed horror might be the thing that listens. How very Lovecraftian, Christianity.

Fun fact: Until centuries later when the church decided to sex up the depictions of angels to be innocent looking people with wings, this is what they looked like from the start:

c184fabfcaada6903fba28aeb9376ac0.jpg

Same thing happened with Norse mythology with the Valkyries; instead of being beautiful warrior women, they were terrifying crones that reeked of death.

So, yeah. If you ever wish upon an angel, a multi winged, multi-eyed horror might be the thing that listens. How very Lovecraftian, Christianity.
Seriusly. Check old Jewish texts about angels. They had a a bunch of different looks. From winged, golden faced to six winged eyes like above.

Also. I don't believe in fairies, no. But man, Scandinavian fairy lore is grim as shit.

No, and I enjoy mocking those who do. Skepticism is fun. :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Do you think Dragons went extinct with the dinosaurs?
This is actually a pretty interesting topic, the tales of dragons are said to originate from people stumbling dinosaur fossils, which would explain dragons being so widespread in folklore.

As for the topic; no. Superboring. I know.

This is actually a pretty interesting topic, the tales of dragons are said to originate from people stumbling dinosaur fossils, which would explain dragons being so widespread in folklore.

As for the topic; no. Superboring. I know.

I'm pretty sure there's no evidence of dragons because nobody found all seven Dragon Balls since the middle ages.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.