3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
or any kind of mystical magical creature? Not counting aliens, but feel free to start a discussion about the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe in a new thread!

Do you think Dragons went extinct with the dinosaurs? That fairies are really good at hiding? That it really is Trolls stealing your socks? That mermaids live in the depths of the ocean?

I wanna hear all about it!

Fun Answer: Why yes, of course. The flying spaghetti monster cometh every night to touch me with his noodles of logic and reason, blessing me with heightened intelligence.

Serious Answer: No.

As their mythical representations no, but there are quite a few animals we know about today that people thought were myths. For example, the giant panda was thought to be only a story until the mid 1800s.

Reactions: Minibit
I don't believe in fairies.

I just killed one.

Anyway, I' a pretty hardcore skeptic but my mind is always open to learn new things. They found the unicorn, just isn't an equine and has been dead for a while now.

I think you can count me among the skeptics. I don't think I'm against these sorts of things existing, but right now I just don't have a reason to believe the fantastic is real. I make things that could be real in RPs all the time. There are a few concepts I've introduced in my RPs that I actually couldn't disprove exist in reality. But that is exactly why someone like me does not take stock in things that I cannot observe. It is just far too easy to fall into the trap of creating a scenario where something could exist. For me to believe in something, it needs to defy all my attempts to disprove it, not vice-versa.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
They found the unicorn, just isn't an equine and has been dead for a while now.
Information on that. "This real unicorn, or 'Elasmotherium sibiricu', was originally thought to have gone extinct 350,000 years ago."

For comparison: Homo Sapiens aren't thought to have been around for much longer than 100,000 to 200,000 years. So there's still a solid 150,000 year gap between the rise of our species, and the extinction of this one. Meaning that, whatever the inspiration for unicorns, this species was not it. :ferret:

Of course I do. I'm the Tooth Fairy! I have to believe in myself. :P

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I don't believe in fairies.

I just killed one.

Anyway, I' a pretty hardcore skeptic but my mind is always open to learn new things. They found the unicorn, just isn't an equine and has been dead for a while now.

They're called narwhals, I believe.

I have a very eclectic sense of spirituality.

Having said that: Yes, I do believe in the fae and quite a bit on the supernatural.

Will I elaborate? No, I will not.

I have a very eclectic sense of spirituality.

Having said that: Yes, I do believe in the fae and quite a bit on the supernatural.

Will I elaborate? No, I will not.
^ This is my stance as well.

There's so much of this world, leave alone the universe that remains unexplored.

That being said, I remain mum mostly. Because believing in anything these days is out of fashion.

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
Answering this thread more seriously though, I don't believe in fairies or anything that'd be lumped into the mythical creature category.

Why? Well first off look at the name, mythical creatures. They're not called that by chance, they're called that because we currently have no proof, evidence nor reason to believe in it. If evidence ever comes up to support their existence then my stance on those particular creatures may change. But my response to not knowing/understanding something isn't to inset it with something some stories or legends, there's no rational or scientific reason for me to be doing that.

On a side note though, there was a Discovery Channel documentary on Dragons. And even though Dragons (well, Fantasy Dragons) never existed it's still entertaining how they managed to create such a hypothetical documentary about it, it's a fun watch for Fantasy and Science nerds out there.

This is the first thing that came to mind:
[spoili]
nUYPjPO.png
[/spoili]

But more than that, I don't believe in the mystical creatures. As some said, some animals exist that were mistaken for miraculous things and I do believe in those. The interesting maybe plausible ones are what I find nifty, though. The "maybe not actually extinct in the dense growth of Tasmania" Tasmanian wolf and things like that.

Reactions: Dervish
I do believe in guardian angels. Looking back on my teenage years and all of the stupid shit I pulled, I definitely had a guardian angel looking after me. Seriously. At worst, I should be dead. At best? Raped or kidnapped. I did a lot of stupid things as a teenager....but nothing bad ever happened to me. I know it certainly wasn't because I was smart. I made some of the dumbest decisions of my life back then, including hitchhiking in the middle of the night in the worst part of town. Something had to be watching my butt, because I certainly wasn't.

I remember one of my friends parents telling me I have a drunk guardian angel, because they'd have to be drunk to deal with half of the shit I say and do.

Granted, I don't actually believe in stuff like angels (likely part of the reason they'd have to be drunk), but I find it humorous none the less. XD

Last edited:
I remember one of my friends parents telling me I have a drunk guardian angel, because they'd have to be drunk to deal with half of the shit I say and do.
Or maybe really dedicated like this one? :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.