Do people around here...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have modifiers in a duel. There's no math. It's like literally checkmating an opponent into position through pure writing ability. The rules are pretty vague.

Okay we're going to have to start more fights around here.
I know that, haha. I'm just saying what I know/remember. I'm of the people who don't generally duel (but shitty combat comes up through writing), but I understand the concept.
And no that isn't an invitation to teach me lol.

I know damn well that the modifiers still exist, though. They're rare, but they're in that fustercluck of *energy blast* *energy blast* *energy blast* people that still exist somewhere. Here's to you, @Finch. (At least, ten-year-old you and all the current ten to fourteen-year-olds that still do this.)

@castigat You're giving me some hard nostalgia bombs with your Spike profile pic there

Cowboy Bebop was probably the catalyst of my beginning the trek into becoming a serious RPer. It got me into anime when I) was about 13 or so and I started to do very shitty RPs based off the series on Adult Swim forums (back when it was allowed and shit was cooler than it is now; haven't been on there in forever. I was a regular member though, went by a sn of FayeSpikeJet).

Now I'm a grown ass man and have a very big distaste for anime in general. Except NGE and Akira (CB's still pretty cool though).

@castigat You're giving me some hard nostalgia bombs with your Spike profile pic there

Cowboy Bebop was probably the catalyst of my beginning the trek into becoming a serious RPer. It got me into anime when I) was about 13 or so and I started to do very shitty RPs based off the series on Adult Swim forums (back when it was allowed and shit was cooler than it is now; haven't been on there in forever. I was a regular member though, went by a sn of FayeSpikeJet).

Now I'm a grown ass man and have a very big distaste for anime in general. Except NGE and Akira (CB's still pretty cool though).
Have all of the nostalgia bombs. All of them. I've been having a hard kick for it recently myself, hence the picture.
I never even knew Adult Swim allowed that on their forum (even if it was in the past). Pretty sick. Why'd it end? Because AS turned into a pile of dicks?

Then I recommend Psycho-Pass to you.

AS has always been a pile of dicks honestly. Like I said, I haven't been on there since I was like 13 (so that was like 10 plus years ago). They used to allow some RPs on there, even had a guide on how-to that I ended up making a sticky thread. Don't know what their policy is anymore.

And if you're recing me an anime, I'm going to tell you right now, I probably won't check it out unless it's right in front of my face. I can't stand them anymore now, it's been a progression through age I've realized. The only thing I even recommend to people that are like-minded to me is Evangelion (I know it's widely popular and seen as over-rated in the weeaboo circle, but it's fucking fantastic and I love every bit of it. Sums up why I don't like anime and paints a great psychological portrait too)

I never liked anime until my later years, I was a grown ass man when I started liking it. I watch weird shit though, like Darker than Black and Banner of the Stars and shit. And I would have never thought RPers went to AS. Crazy. Was that a big community?

I never liked anime until my later years, I was a grown ass man when I started liking it. I watch weird shit though, like Darker than Black and Banner of the Stars and shit. And I would have never thought RPers went to AS. Crazy. Was that a big community?
Not really. They had a forum called "Incoherent Babble" that you could post whatever the fuck you wanted on. Me and a few other people made a RP section to it and they allowed it, even went on to make a marker of threads that were RPs. I was kind of the shit back then when it came to AS forums haha

I started RPing on Blizzard, we did a lot of cool shit back then. They had a huge RP community, but my first forum was Neopets, which had a weird message board that we would skeet. I still talk to a lot of those kids today.

I remember those being more like:

::charge::

::kamehameha::

with more "charges" for more powerful attacks

Reactions: Peter Feels
Status
Not open for further replies.