IC EVENT Dionysus's Night of Terror

August Yilmaz
Ah, she hadn't told her brother Declan. Momentarily August felt bad for ousting a secret like that, or what had been meant to be a secret, but he moved on quickly enough, a rumble escaping his throat as a subdued laugh.

"Perhaps I will, will you be fine alone?" he throws back, though August knew Raina would always be fine. Even if she ended up in jail, she always ended up just fine. A mixture of extreme luck, or perhaps skill, the hybrid could never determine what it was. He just knew he didn't have it.

But reality reached him soon enough. The mention of the murders. Stories that August had followed himself, all too aware of the stigma against him, even if his kind were the most common, even if he was lucky enough not to seem too much of a hybrid.

"Elkwood has been wonderful, much calmer than Black City, fewer murders as well," he responded lazily, not too interested to delve into the murders too much. The newspapers and tabloids always made everything sound so much worse than they actually were.

"I wasn't expecting you to let me go in peace either," August smiles, knowing that Raina would want to continue the party until the late hours. Hours he didn't mind, nor the threat around the corner against his person. If anything, it felt like a welcome change from the safe borders from which he came.

Text colour: #97B6AE

@Noctis the Devious - Raina Sumners

HALO
The two girls matched, though one seemed to have a more intricate costume than the other, seemingly more invested in socializing as well. Halo gave the quieter one a friendly nod, but did not seek out further conversation without a signal that she wished for one, since it'd always been against he was to force strangers into interacting with him. His mothers had raised him better than that, of course! The group he'd treated retrieved their drinks around him as he reached out and clinked his glass cordially against the younger woman's, his smile warm and pleased. "Cheers to that. The cape is a favourite of mine, but perhaps next year I'll invest in a dress like yours. I quite like all the bows." he purred, though his expression filled with a more childish joy when she revealed to him that she had an entire parcel of croissants inside one of her pockets.

"My my! You're full of surprises, I see. You have my thanks." Halo took the croissant, feeling the delicate, fluffy layers within compress even at the slightest pressure, as croissants usually did. Without a moment of hesitation, he took the pastry to his lips, a bite taken to mingle with the fruit juice and mint already on his tongue.

Chewing and swallowing before smiling and giving the two girls a slight bow, his blue hair so glossy that it caught the lights above them, Halo introduce himself. "Halo Al Nuaimi," his accent thickened around the syllables of his own name, as syrupy as his demeanour, "At your service, Anya and Violet. Are you two looking to join the costume contest later tonight?"
code by wren.

"Well," began Violet with coyness, "Princess Anya wanted to enter the costume, although" and she took a sip of her drink, "I don't know what she is dressing up as. It seems like mostly everyone here looks great, but I don't see much of a theme here."

Because you are all already monsters.

She stood up straight, lest she pushed her manners too far. There was still a hierarchy to be kept, no matter how much she thought Anya liked her, no matter how friendly this thing that stood in front of the two of them seemed. The synthetic weave of her dress brushed her too-bare legs, where there would have been a holster along the inner thigh, and sheathes at her ankles, the loss of which made her feel more naked than the dress.

"Anya simply insisted that I come, so I am here with an open mind. Please teach me the ways of your revelry."

You've been watching too many movies. Snap out of it!

She tried to laugh it off, then turned sideways to bury her burning face in the dark of the club and her drink.

@PavellumPendulum @Nemopedia