Differential IC

It wasn't long before a nurse came to the door. The moment her eyes landed on Terra's sleeping form she started to giggle. "I apologize for Terra's behavior. She is still young and even acts younger than her age. The little kit must have over worked herself today." The nurse then shuffled around Leone, checking the bandages. She checked his pupils and his auditory reactions, blood pressure and heart rate. After many silly tests, the nurse scooped Terra onto her back with a smile. "I will take Terra back to her own bed, so you can get some rest. You will find you will heal faster that way."

Leone remained quiet and watched as the nurse did her work. He only spoke when he was questioned. He nodded softly, a small thank you escaping him, as the nurse took away Terra and left the room. He let out a small sigh once he was finally alone. His eyes flashed wide as he realized something. His sword, bow, and quiver were still back by his hunting grounds. That was flipping fantastic. It would take him forever to get back there with his injuries. He sunk deeper into the bed, cursing his stupidity for forgetting his weapons. "Damn..." He muttered quietly to himself. He forced himself to relax a bit, and found that he was slowly slipping off to a much more welcoming sleep than before.

Terra hadn't been asleep long before she woke up in her own bed. At first she thought Leone had been a dream, but her aching muscles told her other wise. She knew he was in safe hands, and was probably resting. What she really wanted to do now was explore.

Leone said he fought with humans, but where she found him she saw no weapons or humans. It was her job to protect her pack, she needed to go and find how close these humans had come to her home.

Leone's sleep was short and dreamless- he'd woken up several times due to aches and pains too strong to ignore. There was a nagging feeling in the back of his mind that something bad was going to happen due to him staying in one place for so long. He was born a wanderer, always restless when it came to staying put. In his experience, it's been a lifesaver. But now he was bringing trouble to the kitsune group by taking up one of their beds and wasting their time on him.

Thanks to her fox nose, Terra was able to find where Leone charged easily. The hard part was trying to find his scent after that. He was flying so that meant it would be difficult but not impossible.

It was about an hour of going around in circles before she was able to find where Leone was apparently stay for camp. She was amazed at how small it was. Was he just traveling all by his lonesome? That's why he said it wasn't a fight. Because it wasn't, it was an ambush.

Leone wasn't sure how many times he'd woken up and gone back to sleep. It was a tedious process which was only slightly better than just lying awake in the bed and doing nothing.

Terra picked up a few things around the camp that she thought Leone would want. Clothes was an obvious thing to take, but she also grabbed his sword, bow and quiver. She just knew that Leone would be very mad if he lost his weapons, she would have been. She was just about to leave when she smelled something that almost made her scream in fear, humans. And they were coming this way.

Terra quickly jumped into the trees, and tried her best to camouflage herself and her scent as she slowly moved away from the camp.

The peace and quiet of the room was starting to bother him. He was bored out of his mind just lying in bed. He needed something to do. Anything, really.

Terra was almost out of breath when she made it back to her home. She had gone in so many circles making sure the humans could never find her that she had taken the whole day to get back. She wondered is Leone was bored at all with out her. No doubt that none of the other kitsunes had gone to see him unless they really needed to. She walked to the room that Leone was resting. She wasn't going to stay long, just to drop off his stuff, that was if he didn't want her to stay. She didn't want to be a bother to him, but she did want to get to know him better.

Staring at the backs of his eyelids was a lot more interesting than staring up at the ceiling. His sharp eyes flashed open and locked on the door when he heard footsteps coming near. Finally, something new to focus on. He blinked in surprise when Tara came in with his things. "How... Where did you find those?" He asked her, both happy and a tad bit suspicious of it all.

Terra was surprised to see that Leone was still awake. "Oh, I'm sorry, I hope I didn't wake you." She said as she put the stuff on the chair she had fallen asleep on earlier that day. "I thought you would want your things, so I just followed your scent from where I had found you. It wasn't easy, let me tell you. Flying prey is always hard to track, not that I'm saying you're prey or anything."

Leone nodded softly as she explained how she got his things. It made sense. "Thank you." He stated, and allowed an all too rare smile to cross his face before a troubling thought came to mind. "Were there any humans around the camp?" He asked her with a bit more of a worried tone.

Terra couldn't help but blush a little when she saw Leone smile. Why did he have to ask about humans? "Yeah, I got most of your important things with me. But I'm afraid I had to leave most of it. I also would have been here earlier in the day but I didn't want to lead them anywhere near here. I am to protect my pack, not bring it to harm." Terra didn't know what else to really say. She had something on her mind that she wanted to ask him, she wanted to ask him it very badly, she just couldn't.

Leone nodded softly once she finished talking. It looked like she wanted to ask him something. He frowned softly. "Something on your mind?" He asked her curiously. His tail slowly flicked as he wondered what might be on the mind of the young kitsune.

Terra's ears flick a little at the question. She looked to the floor, not being able to look him in the face as she asked. "I saw your camp. How long have you been alone?" Terra hoped she wasn't being to invasive into his privet life, she was just curious. Sometimes she wondered if she was really a cat instead of a fox.

Leone blinked at her question. "Six or seven months now." He stated evenly. He wore a simple frown that hid more than a few thoughts and feelings. His gaze fell to the ground. He often thought about where his family might be. If they were still alive, even. He blinked away those disturbing thoughts.

The awkward silence was making Terra's tail and ears twitch uncomfortably. "I think you're really strong, Leone." Terra said. "I don't think I could ever be away from my pack for that long. This one time I had to stay out in the woods for I believe it was two days, and I almost cried when I got back. Then this other time..." Terra looked at Leone and shut up. She didn't want to annoy him and figured that was what she probably was doing.

Leone closed his eyes and smiled softly. "You kinda remind me of my little sister. Talkative, friendly... Loyal." He spoke with his eyes shut. His tail draped lightly over his ankle. His eyes opened again and his smile faded slightly. Why was he saying stupid things like this? It was only opening himself up to get burned in the end.

Terra felt bad that she had to smile at the comment. She had been an only child so she didn't know what it was like to have real siblings. True the whole pack was her family but her parents never had any more kids before they had been killed in a kitsune hunt. "Leone, how long are you going to stay here after you are healed?" Terra didn't even realize she had said it out loud until it was completely out of her mouth.

"Not sure. Probably not that long, though. I don't want to be a burden." The daemon replied simply. His gaze rested steadily on her, a hint of curiosity visible in his features. "Why?" He asked her.