Desperate Times

"He should be. Unless his kind is resistant to healing or something. But I'll wait if he is too weak to travel yet." Rogdush said, looking at the man. "And as to our first move, it depends on your powers, really. If you're strong enough, I see no reason not to rush the legions head on. If not, we should probably fortify Blackrock, my clan's home, as that is the strongest of the cities." He continued, confidently. Blackrock was probably not the city with the biggest walls, yet it's position on a hill and it's inhabitants made sure it was no easy target.

The half breed couldn't help but feel himself look away slyly as the necromancer peered down at him. Chand's wound had been healed for the longest time, but, did never bother to mention it. As he felt everyone's gaze on him he looked around with his eyes, looking at all three around him. He set a hand behind him before slowly crouching himself to his feet. His body steady and both his hands to his side. His eyes were covered again by the shadows of his hair that casted upon his face. His eyes averted to the ground.

"I am fine to travel." he reassured in a halo voice that was quite. He peered at the necromancer in front of him, accept this time with a bit more pride. Chand looked down at the dry blood that seeped into the detailed carvery of his light armor. Inside he was amused by the healing power the Orc did, he could not let his internal amusement slip for the presence of the Necromancer made it almost uncomfortable. Chand glanced to the woman, a small smile on his face this time a expression of thankfulness.

He glanced at her with charms before bowing in formality. He glanced away slyly towards the Orc and man.

"Who will I be riding with?" he asked in quite tone, blank in expression.

Not feeling comfortable with riding with the necromancer, and figuring Chand would be somewhat better, Letitia spoke up, "You can ride with me, if you want," then, turning to Rogdush she asked, "That is, if it's fine with you?" She wanted to make it appear that she would be fine either way, though inside she was slightly worried that the older Orc would ask her to ride with the necromancer.

Vinthus could tell neither of the two were particularly thrilled by the idea of sharing a mount with him, which didn't surprise him in the slightest. Not that they would have to anyway, "You don't have to draw straws as to who rides with me. It would be futile anyway, no regular steed would have me: I have my own mount."

He held out his staff to the side and loosened his grip to let it slide down and strike the ground, at which point the black onyx eyes set in the skull atop the staff began to give out a faint purple hue and a shrill ringing noise issued seemingly from the air itself. As abruptly as the noise had begun it ceased and Vinthus stood silently, staring at his feet. After only a few seconds the sound of distant hooves approached from the North-West, accompanied by a bluish glow which grew as the sound of hooves became louder.

At length, an equine outline became visible and it came to a halt in front of the necromancer. It was difficult to determine whether the horse, if it could be called such, was actually completely corporeal: the blue light emanated from the creature's flesh. The 'flesh' itself, being a smoky white colour, seemed translucent. Its mane didn't quite sit on its neck so much as shimmer above it and its head was much too angular and defined to be natural, though it wasn't quite a skull. The creature's eyes could only be described as gaping black holes.

Vinthus lifted his head and placed a hand on the creature's back.
"This is Soulskinner. Despite appearances, he's extremely friendly."

"Well, that solves that problem then, doesn't it?" Rogdush said, after staring a moment at the ghastly mount. "And he" He pointed to Chand "can ride with whoever he wants for me. Gron here may be a bit old, but be sure, he can still do what he is needed to do." He petted the wolf some more as he said this. He knew Gron was old. He knew he wouldn't have that many years left. But he had also been his traveling companion for many years now.

Vinthus climbed on to Soulskinner, who was taller than your average stallion, and turned to the Orc. "In answer to your earlier suggestions as to what action we take, I am most definitely not powerful enough to take on an entire Demonic Legion single-handedly. As for holding up in your city I doubt your kin would take kindly to my presence but if you believe that would be our best course of action then lead the way." He turned toward the east before looking back at the three of them and adding, "I don't believe any of us have been formally introduced, other than Chand here. My name is Vinthus. You know the basics of my origins and that will suffice for now." He shifted his weight on the mount and had an expectant look on his face.

"The Blackskulls will do as the Warlord tells them. And the Warlord will accept anyone of your power to help against the Legions." Rogdush said confidently as he got back onto his wolf. "And the Warlord follows the advice of the elders. And I am one of them." He continued, as confident as before. "And to introduce myself, I am Rogdush of the Blackskull clan. Second oldest of the priests to the spirits."

Chand watched as the man got on the monstrous mount. He felt his spine stiffen with an itch. Not of disgust or fear, but of awe and want... But he knew that obtaining such a beautiful mount would require magic much like the necromancer.

Chand looked to the Orc as he introduced himself. Chand looked his gaze to the dirt while he went on... After Rogdush talked with Vinthus, Chand swiftly turned with grace to the woman. Eyes looking eager and content to hear her name. He knew how to play a woman's interest.

"Your name... Miss?" he asked with the smoothest of tone and acquired pitch of questioning. He looked gently into her eyes as he awaited a name to call her. It was his time to hook her in...

Letitia smiled, happy to let the others go first before stating her name. As Chand asked her, she smiled a little before saying, "Letitia, my name is Letitia. I'm just me, I guess. Nothing unique or special," she said unconvincingly, knowing that her lying capabilities were terrible. She just didn't want anyone to know that she was a Banshee. Most people wouldn't like that, how close she was to death. Although, she supposed, the necromancer was closer. Glancing away for a second, she continued, "We should probably get going..."

Vinthus knew Letitia was lying when she said there was nothing special about her. Death was his element, if you will, and her connection with it stuck out like a sore thumb to his eyes. He decided not to say anything, however, as she was obviously reluctant to reveal her nature to the others. He gave her a knowing glance before turning toward the East and peering into the distance. "Lead the way, Rogdush. I will need as much time as possible to prepare your city appropriately, I just hope your clan will be as willing to accept my help as you think." He didn't let on exactly what he may be planning but he spoke with an air of confidence.

"Very well." He said, as he got Gron moving. "And I should tell you right away, I know what powers you necromancers have. I have no doubt my people will accept your help. All living members of the clan obey the Warlord. Though..." He took a brief pause, to think about how he should formulate it. "The dead... Do not... Some may like the idea of fighting for the clan once more, though not all of them. Some may not like you, simply for being human. Many of them died in the wars against them. I know the Spirits, yet I do not know how they will react to everything." He sighed heavily as he finished.

Chand nodded towards the woman eyes still looking at her when she had not noticed. His expression turned slightly to his inner feelings, almost displeased. He knew he had no other choice than to go with them. Seek out light where there is now darkness... Chand turned to Letitia with a pleased expression, he bowed in proper respects.

"It is nice meeting you..." he arose he glance to the woman before straightening himself. He turned to the Orc before he rode to far away from them. "I thank you as well, for saving my life." he added with a clear voice, not as soft as he was with Letitia, but still had a air of formality. He finally looked to the Necromancer with a slight bow to the head. "Pleasure... Meeting you as well." he acquainted before turning to the Letitia still with the ever fake but convincing smile.

"Shall we ride?" he asked the woman looking at the wolf she had rode.

Letitia nodded, swinging onto the dark-colored wolf. Turning to the others, she asked, "Shall we be off, then, or do you two still wish to speak?" Turning to Chand, she smiled apologetically. Gently patting her wolf, she scratched it behind its ear, smiling a little.

((Sorry it's so short, I feel like shit...))

"Yes, let's get moving." Vinthus waited for Rogdush to get into the lead before urging Soulskinner to follow. While he rode, rather than his usual habit of fiddling with his staff (which was now stowed in an ingenious carrying device attached to the spectral mount) he folded and unfolded Soulskinner's mane around his hands, seemingly mesmerised by it.

Rogdush rode first, though no faster than so the others could keep up. He started talking a bit again. "As I said, I know what you necromancers can do. Though it's a rather general kind of knowledge. Raising the dead and that kind of things. Would you mind telling me a bit about what you can do?" He asked, looking at him. He doubted that simply raising the dead could stop his clan back when they fought against him, there had to be something more to it.

Vinthus was silent for a short while after Rodush asked his question, finally saying: "It would take a lifetime to tell you everything I'm capable of, and the majority of it you couldn't comprehend. Raising the dead is only one part of the vast school of magic that is Necromancy. It encompasses many applications from the infamous reanimation to necrotic empowerment, to inducing or even suppressing pain and decay." He seemed to have finished but quickly added, "Though it's possibly the most complex school of magic and wielding it takes utmost discipline and precision." His fixed the Orc with a steely stare which would chill a grown man to the bone before composing himself and re-assuming his look of indifference.

Rogdush thought about this for a moment while staring intently back at him, before asking "And what exactly are you planning on doing to prepare the city? Wake every dead man from their resting place? Set magic traps?" He never was one to learn about the other races magic. He was a bit skeptical about letting an old enemy, known for using the foulest kinds of magic, run freely around his home.

"Don't worry, I know better than to disturb the Orcs' ancient dead." Vinthus took long pause, staring blindly at the sky as he wondered how best to explain. "Firstly I plan to 'enchant', for want of a better word, the area in and around the city to create what my former master called 'perished land' which will mean that anybody, friend or foe who dies within the aura will return as a revenant and fight for our cause. It will take time to put in place though." He waited a while to let his words sink in before he continued. "There are a few other things I may be able to do prior to any engagement but I'll have to see the city before I know what would be the best course of action." They had passed out of the Dead Lands now, and Vinthus felt strange and out of place in this lush, green environment.

Rogdush kept looking at the man a moment after he spoke, before answering. "Well, it should be fine then." He took a short pause. "On that topic... Is there any way I could convince you to give back the skulls on your tower? The skulls are rather important to us Blackskulls, if you didnt understand that."

As the group left the wastelands, Letitia said, interrupting the necromancer and the Orc's conversation, "This is where I leave you." She stops her wolf, getting off of it before it even stopped. "At least, for now. I've got to move my people, they're closer to the legions of demons. I will catch up with everyone at a later date." Letitia offers a smile before turning around, heading slightly north, towards her town. Once she is a little ways away, she waves at the group, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

((This is just so I'm not "there" but I'm there. Kind of confusing, but I don't know how often I'll be able to post. Sorry ^^'))