Desperate Times

Knariit'ash's movement was limited by the foot pinning his tail to the floor and he had no chance of evading the other, which was now speeding towards his face. It connected with a cringe worthy crack which signified a broken nose at the very least. Shaken and slightly concussed he staggered backwards, a sharp pain at the base of his back reminding him that his tail was still trapped. His vision was blurry as he lashed out randomly with his claws, hoping against hope that they would even connect with their target, let alone do serious damage.

Rogdush easily dodged the swipes of the little thing, before pulling his sword from its sheet as he showed him over with his foot again and placing it firmly on its neck. "Any last words, demon?"

Knariit'ash let out a wheeze as he struck the floor once more. He made a string of guttural noises which passed for the Demon's language before switching to the common tongue. "I won't beg for my life, if that's what you were hoping." His breath was coming in gasps and gulps as he fought to get out his words, "My death will mean little. The end comes on swift wings for this land: not even you and your brutish kin can stand in the way of the Unholy Myriad."

"My clan is the only clan that has survived in this realm. We will not fall to the likes of you!" He shouted, lifted his foot from his neck and stabbed his sword down on his neck, grinning slightly.

Chand had looked away from the woman, he had hooked her like a fish.Either his truthful thankfulness or his plotting of later usage for her had come into play, he slowly had a tugging grasp at hand. He began to reply before shifting his eyes to the ground, showing uncertainty and quietness.

"Chand..." his tone was as quite back. Chand went into a distant gaze into nothingness. Chand had suddenly felt shivers down his spine... Possibly from the wind or pain easing away from him. He crouched his knees close to him, unraveling sand. He had kept a good silence for the past while listening in on the two talk. He sat and thought of the attack that had happend to his kingdom. It made him furious inside, almost bubbling with grudge against those that had ruined his destiny in ruling.

After his mind fumbled in his head he thought about the demons they had mentioned. A creature he was never taught or told of. He took it that these were creatures of no good if two unlikely species had come together to search for someone that knew about them. Chand rested his palms lazily and relaxed over his knees. He looked as though a statue in flesh, his hair blocking the sun away from his eyes, and hiding his true neutral blankness his face gave.

Despite the obvious fact that the man named Chand wasn't really wanting to talk right now, Letitia's curiosity got the better of her, and she spoke a few minutes later, "What happened to you, where did you come from?" Curiosity would be the death of her, Letitia's mother always said, especially when she would get hurt, or contract some weird rash from getting too interested in some plant or animal. But right now, she truly did want to know, even if she seemed too overeager about learning. "How did you get here?"

Chand peered back at the woman that kept asking questions. Her question made him glance away into the same ponder he was in. Eyes of sadness and worry played the part.

"I... Don't know, to tell the truth." he said, which really wasn't far from honesty. All he had was flash and glimmers of his kingdom in flames. He had his eyes gleam over at her again when she asked the second question.

"Throne O' Moon..." he said in a less quite tone, knowing the name was not common to her ears. Common to piratically no ones ears but the kingdom. A place that hid in secrets so long in fear of a war, but, in the end they got one in devastation.

Name: Delyna

Age: with no perception of time she has long lost count.

Species: born a human, though her continued exposure to dark magics has taken her far past the brink of humanity. While her appearance is that of a human, she has traits that might be considered otherwordly.

Family: She might have some long lost descendants of a cousin or sibling somewhere, but it is far more likely her family line ceased to exist long ago. While not family per say, Delyna is fiercely devoted to an unnamed god, and considers them to be her Master.

Personality: Delyna's dark mind is warped and corrupted. Quite simply, she is mad; living in a world that only makes sense to her. She is a trickster by nature, though she never lies persay, and does seem to have some semblance of loyalty. Whether this is really a part of her or a tool to aid her achieving her goals, it is hard to say. She tends to her own needs and wants, and only enters coalition with others when it suits her needs - or when it humors her. Unusually, she finds joy often and in the oddest of places, and seems to have a smile plastered on her face most of the time, often one that is slightly unsettling. Everything is a game to her, and sometimes, she will tempt fate and play with other people just to make things interesting for her. Despite her batty nature, she has her wise moments and is very knowledgeable on her preferred magics, though she usually does not like others seeing her wisdom. Delyna is a secretive and reclusive individual in the end, serving her own and her Master's wishes first and foremost, and moving on when all has come to a close.

History: Born to a lost tribe long ago, Delyna was the first daughter of the chief. Her tribe was fiercely superstitious, as most humans were in those times. It had been a hard year, with little food and plenty of ill luck. At the tender age of four, the tribe shaman had a vision that to appease the wraith of the Gods Delyna must be given as a sacrifice. Without hesitation, the ritual was set up and on one dark night she was hurled into the raging river that cut through the jungle. She remembers little of the event, but she awoke in a dark cave she could not leave, hearing the voice of her God and master in her head, not even knowing if she was alive or undead. Delyna was taken as his servant, vowed by blood and magic to remain so forever, taught his magics and bid to his ways. She has been brainwashed to his aid.

Current Circumstance: She has been trapped in a rainforest cave for as long as she has lived, following her masters hand, granted limited awareness of the outside world through unstable magic. Delyna is in tune with other planes enough to sense changes and shifts in energy and power.

Recently, her Master appeared before her in a vision, granting her passage to the outside world so that she may carry out his work and be his puppet, eyes and ears, since this time, he is unable to do anything directly himself...

Delyna's absolutely delighted. To be able to walk freely among the world she has previously only watched... but she is still aware of her mission. That won't stop her from enjoying herself, however.

The hooting and whooping echoed and bounced off the walls of Delyna's prison. Every inch of the dark cave was used, filled with strange foreign and magical objects, some of which gruesome in nature. Delyna spun around the cooking pot in the middle, her dusty bare feet following faded runes in the ground, knowing the path well. The woman seemed to have little care for personal hygiene, though she always smelled of sweet spices and had a natural, dark beauty which probably developed from spending too much time surrounded by magic. If her age had shown on her face, however, the etched lines would rival any well-weathered crag.

She came to a stop, her sharp eyes focused on the pillar of smoke that emerged from the dark liquid within the container. Slowly it began to swirl, and take shape into something tangible. A vision of the world outside. Soon, she too would be out there, but she'd been given specific instructions to carry out first.

Her consciousness hovered on the border outside the wastelands, the link tenuous as it got established. Delyna was hesitant, a competent spell caster of old magic though she was, even she had apprehensions about entering a Necromancer's domain. She took a moment to ground herself, and then her consciousness was whizzing over the sand, searching for life.

A battle! Delyna swerved around as she came close, the tower rising out of the landscape, a grim beacon. It wasn't all that relevant to her, but her morbid curiosity getting the better of her, she carefully manoeuvred inside to get a better look. Movement in confined spaces wasn't something she enjoyed doing, but decided to make an exception, only to arrive in time to see the Orc slice through the creature's throat.

A wicked smile took over Knariit'ash's features, "We'll see abo-" His retort was cut short and a faint gurgling noise escaped his throat as the blade pierced it, a few unintelligible words hovering on his lips before he let go and allowed death to take him into its clutches.

Letitia's frowned a little as the man named Chand told her that he couldn't remember how he had gotten that way. Then, it sort of clicked. As he continued speaking, some nonsense about the 'Throne O' Moon,' she realized that he might have gone into a state of shock. Still, in case he had some sort of truth to his words, she asked, "What is it? Can you tell me about it?"

Chand looked at her for a while, knowing he had to explain. He looked to the sand beneath them, how it raised in small dust patches and fall again. He watched with his eyes the flicker of the shadows, it brought back the memories of the kingdom. The dark figures that had slaughtered and destroyed so many people... How he got away from it all was still a mystery. Chand, after being lost in memories looked up at her slowly.

"The Throne O' Moon... Was a kingdom of mine...I was a king." he partially lied now, eyes of determination peered into hers, he soon slip in a bit of sorrow in his gleam. When in reality he had no sorrow, no close of the feeling...

"A kingdom united by elves and humans alike." he spoke of truth, explaining a bit more, knowing it would have been asked sooner or later. He now looked away, awaiting more questions by the woman or be content in silence.

As Chand spoke, Letitia nodded slowly, not sure if this guy was mental or telling the truth. She'd have to ask Rogdush about it when he returned. As he spoke of being the king of the throne, she noticed the sorrow that came into his eyes, figuring out for herself that something terrible must have happened. Deciding not to ask him, seeing as just speaking of the place made him sad, she refrained from further questioning, figuring also that he must be tired.

Rogdush grabbed the head by the ears and lifted it up. "No, we wont see about that. I will make sure of it!" He took a deep breath, before sheeting his sword on his back again. He walked back down the tower, still holding the severed head. He petted Gron a bit, before swinging onto him and starting his ride back to the others.

Vinthus, who had been staring unseeingly at a rock by Chand's feet whilst the Human questioned him of his origins, raised his head and looked toward the south. "The Orc will be returning soon. The presence is no more." With that, he returned to his unseeing gaze, fiddling absent-mindedly with the detail on his staff.

Rogdush rode up to the group and tosses the head of the demon to the feet of the necromancer. "It is done. I've proven myself. Will you aid us, now that I have?" He could feel the pain from the battle. They were small wounds, nothing threatening to him, yet the pain was a constant reminder.

The necromancer glowered at the visage of the Demon on the floor before looking at the Orc, "I said you would have my aid and so you shall. I have only one question: did the creature say anything of their plans? From what I know, Demons tend to be overzealous in their confidence during their death throes." He shifted his staff in front of him so that he held it in between his palms, fingers interlaced.

"He said that even my brutish kind would not be able to stop the legions. Though he said he could kill me as well. So I'm not exactly frightened by his words." He had a slightly angry look on his face when he talked. He wiped his face of blood before getting of his wolf again.

Letitia stood up as Rogdush came into view, nodding at him as he got off. She half-wished that she had gone with him, the necromancer's unsettling, empty gaze freaking her out, but at the same time she knew that she would only get in the way of a fight. She would have screamed as the demon died, her cries probably being heard miles away, before getting sent into a seizure, possibly, if she was touching it as it died. She'd only get in the way, she reassured herself, listening to the necromancer and the Orc speak.

Chand sat in silence still as the Orc came back with the head. The head rolled to the Necromancer's feet and infront of Chand. Chand glared at the blank eyes and smothered expression of the decapitated head. Chand was not scared or at all curious, he now knew what a demon possibly looked like and that is all he needed from all this. Chand looked up to the Necromancer, finally eyes in view to everyone else, as he spoke. Chand was getting an edgy presence from him, one that he wasn't very fond of. Either the presence of an old wondering soul or the scent of a craving power that hadn't been unleashed for a long time.

"Very well." Vinthus somehow managed to seem disappointed whilst maintaining a look of indifference, "Since you are the ones who asked my help I'll defer to you to decide what our first move should be from here. So long as our friend here is fit to travel?" He put an unusual emphasis on the word 'friend' and turned towards Chand as he said it, seemingly peering through him.