Depression and Videos About It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Well, that thought never occurred to me; mostly because I've never had to deal with that before, so I didn't even know it was a thing.
I should stress though that what I mentioned there is strictly my own personal experience.
Others may have had different experiences and exposure to depression and reactions to a lack of pre-obtained knowledge of it.

All you folks blaming buzzfeed and expressing opinions about a sensationalist video off the site... Tsk tsk.

I was horribly depressed midway through high school. Horribly. Like every teenager gets at least once if they're lucky so they learn to cope with it early. They put me on drugs for imbalances and therapy. Nothing worked so I quit it all and eventually got over it.

By then I'd lost 70 pounds and become a basic zombie just going through the motions. It's all in how you deal with it and work through it. A circle of support helps too. My friends didn't back down or ditch me cause I was always just off and sad. They still treated me as a friend and did their best, and it paid off.

People see depression as "I'm sad this week I must need drugs." Not everyone is like this, some people do have brain chemical imbalances that can be helped with medication. Most don't.

Again. It's all in how you cope with it. If you don't try to at least crawl out of the mud you're always going to be wallowing in it.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
Status
Not open for further replies.