Demographics 09: Roleplay Longevity!

How long--on average--would you estimate the role plays you joined in 2015-2016, survive?

• Less than one month.

• 1-3 Months.

• 4-6 Months.

• 7-9 Months.

• 10-12 Months.

• 12+ Months. (A Year or longer.)

• I didn't join or create any role plays in this time period.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovo

Ferret Dad
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Afternoons and evenings, some weekends.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Post Apocalypse, Horror, Romance, Survival...
Yep, I fucked up and made the poll multiple choice instead of single choice. Absent mindedly set it to multiple choice like the previous two polls. Herp derp.

Please vote for one poll option only!

Thank you.

@Staff: Keep in mind that (with Diana's permission and Astaroth overlooking it) I'm posting threads in GC first, leaving them there for a week, and then moving them to RP Help & Discussion after! This way, my demographics threads can have the widest breadth of community input without asking for unfair administration favouratism. Thanks. :ferret:

Demographics threads are, essentially, an attempt to record the community's thoughts and feelings on RP-related subject matter via a series of votes. Iwaku's tastes, habits, et cetera. If you want further information on prior demographics threads, you can find the demographics hub thread here. (There are eight other Demographics Polls to check stats on & vote in so far!)

Demo threads are not an appropriate place for hardcore multipage debates. You can ask questions about each other's positions, but keep them professional in tone. Otherwise, the spirit of the demographics threads will be lost. They're meant to sample the community and put it into an easily digestible form of numbers that anybody can look at later when creating their own RP threads or when curious about Iwaku's general demographics. If you're really interested in discussing the subject matter, create your own discussion thread. I would be delighted if demographics threads started to spawn further topics of interest by the community itself.

• A. Longevity: 3 (Winner--Most votes!)
  • B. Pace: 0
  • C. Romance: 2
  • D. Politics: 1
  • E. Mechanics: 0
  • F. Story Themes: 2
  • G. Power Levels: 2

"BROVO YOU WERE LATE AGAIN GERD DERMIT!" Yeah, I know. I fell off my horse for about a week and fell behind in everything in order to fight with government bureaucracy over a security certification course and deal with family affairs. First thing I addressed when I came back was my role plays, now I'm hopping back up on the horse that bucked me and putting demographics back on its regularly scheduled feet. It will become a weekly affair starting Sunday. Consider this and the next thread the last of the four day rush, seeing as how I'll have my ten thread objective completed at that point. :ferret:

Announcement: I do have one helper lined up already (thanks @Hana ) but I will be looking for 1-2 more people over the next couple of weeks. If you're interested in statistics and helping me run the project as it grows, please let me know with a private message! Thank you.

Question: How long--on average--would you estimate the role plays you joined in 2015-2016, survive? (DO NOT LIE TO YOURSELF! The poll will only be as accurate as the responders allow it to be.)
Clarity: On average, how long do you think the role plays you created and joined survived from January 1st, 2015, to today's date? An "average" is simply about how long you think the role plays you are part of survive. So if you have a role play last six months, and another role play last two months, then the average lifespan of your role plays is four months. :ferret:

Additional Questions
  • Q. Do you have any role plays started on December 31st 2015, or earlier, running today?
  • Q. When you look at the average length of your role plays, do you think it could stand to improve?
  • Q. Do you think the length of your role plays is more determined by you, or others around you?
  • Q. If you participate in 1x1 role plays and group role plays, which do you think lasts longer on average?
  • Q. (GM's): When looking for players, do you consider previous role play experience before accepting or denying them? (Ex: If a player has a tendency to drop RP's, do you give them another chance?)
  • Q. (Players): What does it take to cause you to drop a role play?

Community Choice Poll: Vote for the topic of the next poll! (You can choose multiple options. To vote, simply post in this thread which option(s) you want.)
  • A. Pace. (How fast RP's go/how fast you and the rest of the community post on average.) (Single-choice poll.)
  • B. Romance. (As a follow up to "sexuality" and "genders." Has to deal with topics of a romantic nature.) (Single or Multiple choice poll.)
  • C. Politics. (New topic expansion: Polling to see the community's general interest in how politics manifests in role playing.) (Single or Multiple choice poll.)
  • D. Mechanics. (New topic expansion: Polling to see the community's general interest in how artificial mechanics like dice rolls and stats influence role playing.) (Single or Multiple choice poll.)
  • E. Story Themes. (As a follow up to "Tone" and "Character Ownership." Has to deal with what themes people find most appealing in a story.) (Multiple choice poll.)
  • F. Power Levels. (As a follow up to "Genres" and "Character Archetypes." Has to do with the average level of power player characters possess.) (Single choice poll.)
  • G. RP Completion. (As a follow up to "Longevity." Has to do with how many have successfully completed role plays, and/or how many completed role plays they have.) (Single choice poll.)
  • H. Surprise me. (None of the above.)

Last edited:
But... Fandomstuck was made in 2015... o3o
Oh... o_o

Well, that one RP alone would only shift the average up by a month.
And since MG's and Othervise side RP's are usually only 1-2 months each that still places me in the 1-3 month average.

Oh... o_o

Well, that one RP alone would only shift the average up by a month.
And since MG's and Othervise side RP's are usually only 1-2 months each that still places me in the 1-3 month average.
Oh, ok then. Didn't realize you were in so many.

Oh, ok then. Didn't realize you were in so many.
Well I was in that 10% in 10+ RP's. :P

Not the case right now... But it was then.

(If it's too late to have these be counted I understand, but I still have fun filling these out regardless. If it's not too late, check for one of these from 9-11 @Brovo in case you've unsubscribed or something.).
In the FDR they won't be counted. (That's why demographics reports have publishing dates.) Your vote will be updated in the hub later. In future demographics reports which pull from this poll, it will be counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.