Decline?

I've always considered a wall of text just a huge post. =/ Now that I know other people define it differently, I'm wondering if I should feel insulted. o.O

I actually think that the people in this thread would benefit from a transition to something that is more writing focused than RP focused - the mechanism of playing a character can only be stretched so much.
I write original works that are unrelated to RP. :D

That said, I enjoy RPing on the side because I find that it helps my own creativity; it gives me insight into how others perceive scenarios and write characters, which (I feel) helps me grow as a writer. It's also a fun hobby-- but I'm a sucker for collaborative storytelling.

Another great thing about RP is that it's not limited to writing for a character and nothing else. Something I (personally) enjoy about RP is world-building! I really love digging in and creating an engaging world/environment for a story-- but sometimes it's just as enjoyable to collaborate on those ideas. To me, in-depth world-building is really rewarding; not only have you made a character, but you've developed a entire world in which to place that character and have them interact with other inhabitants of that world. How cool is that?

Last edited:
I can't personally speak for Advanced RP's here. I don't consider myself at the level to compete up there.
Besides I treat forum RP's more as a side hobby, and I care more about making the characters, the story etc. than I do about the minor details such as:

"When he touched the door knob it had a cold embrace to it... Cold, like his ever so cruel mother's heart".

Yea... That may work for some people but it ain't my style.
I usually average anywhere from one line to four paragraphs per post.

Which is completely dependent on how much is going on at the time, how much there is to respond to, and if the post is meant to be a scene changer, a giant dialogue, or simply a small response to a characters question.

+I've noticed some people express concern with trying to teach others, and then being lashed out at.
And although this certainly can happen, I'd like to offer an explanation that I've also seen happen at times.

Some people don't just learn by nodding their head and saying yes. Some people learn through questioning, back and fourth discussion, in some cases debate.
No level of hostility is meant by it, it's just what get's their brains flowing.

But all too often, I see people's response to such learning as a form of hostility, or the person causing trouble.
So next time anyone tries being a mentor I would suggest that if the person start's 'snapping' back, take a step back and look at it more closely.
Is there anything actually hostile with that they're saying? Or are they just asking some questions?
#MakeIwakuGreatAgain
Clearly this problem won't be solved until the 1x1's are filled with TrumpXTrump libertines.
This made me laugh way too hard seeing this just pop up out of no where. XD
(The rest of the following posts)
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Figured I'd throw my (worthless) two cents in as well! I'm primarily a libertine rper with a focus on good albeit smutty stories and to that end I've found some good people, but it does indeed feel like quality in some ways has dropped, its getting harder and harder to find pretty good rpers, and the way I quantify good isnt based off post length, I can do all the THINKING in my post that I want, what truly makes a rp great is when it feels *alive* I have an rp going with the excellent @Kattcattis which has been going for a little over 300 posts she doesnt have the longest posts or supreme grammar and diction that some flaunt. What got me was the fact her character feels alive and in the world, I never know what to expect when I do certain things and how the character initially views the world changes greatly from the rp's inception its a great rp and we've even been discussing rping as a story about their child/children and their lives.

In any case its way harder to find quality rp these days, it feels like a lot of people are out for their own gratification instead of making something that's enjoyable for both parties. I dunno, I could be going insane but a lot of people nowadays seem more rude too, I cant count on one hand how many times I've just been flat out *ignored* when I post some interest in an rp. A denial is better then just not saying a single word, there is no greater slap to the face then that.

• Love
Reactions: Kattcattis
My grammar is not always correct, because I use my own form. When I am Rping, I type out my thoughts as the character, as If I was actually speaking them. Putting commas, periods, and semicolons where there should varying degrees of pauses to emphasize things like you would in a normal conversation with your friends.

I know it isn't grammatically correct, but I use so much literary forms in my writing that are very difficult to distinguish in text, I add in the extra punctuation to help the reader grasp my objective.

Also, I think it is people from MAL coming over that I know. A lot of them think they are better RPers then they actually are. However, I won't begin listing names. lol Mainly so if they read this, they do not know who I am talking about specifically.

I think part of why it gets harder and harder to find partners after awhile, is because the longer you roleplay the better your skills get AND the more specific your interests/needs get too. You finally learn EXACTLY what you want from a roleplay, and finding those specific things in a partner (or players) becomes more difficult!

I think part of why it gets harder and harder to find partners after awhile, is because the longer you roleplay the better your skills get AND the more specific your interests/needs get too. You finally learn EXACTLY what you want from a roleplay, and finding those specific things in a partner (or players) becomes more difficult!

This can definitely be true for a lot of people, myself included. I found the main reason I GM games is because it's hard to find games I want to play, and a lot of the games I try to join that are different from my usual go-to interests and players fizzle out way too soon. Nothing like spending hours on a character sheet just to have the game die within a month.

Back on original topic...

I think it's partly because school is back in session since September and most Advanced players are in post secondary age range. If not in school, probably just life got busy (work etc)

Basically my money's on IRL stuff rearing its ugly time-stealing head.

I *can* roleplay advanced, but I don't have the time for it these days.