Decline?

This is actually a lot of the reason I moved from RPN to here. I was finding that a lot of writers just slapped "detailed" on their ideas without a concept of what detailed means. Well that and their poor excuse for a staff. Anywho, I consider myself in the adept range of things, meaning that I can write a solid character, develop said character, and actively contribute to the larger plot. To me, adept/advanced doesn't have to be six paragraphs of nothing. It's more about an understanding of the plot and the characters. Writers that label themselves as such should be able to write a three-dimensional character and understand and interpret how that character interacts with other characters and the world around them. Just my two cents.

About excusing yourself from role-plays: I've had experiences where my partner has flipped the heck out on me because of it, so it's something that really makes me nervous to do. D: Especially when it's because I don't feel like we're compatible as partners due to writing differences. I've been trying my hardest to overcome this and tell folks when I don't have inspiration for a certain role-play (EAT IT ANXIETY), but when it comes to telling someone I don't think we're compatible? So nervous. Usually I don't have a problem dealing with imperfect writing, and if I'm loving the plot and characters it's not something that will stop me, but sometimes it's not something I can brush aside. And then I feel terrible. Honestly I don't know what the right way is to tell someone this. So scary.
If they flip out on you on Iwaku, by all means, report it. We don't want that kind of person around, period, y'know?

Otherwise, all I can say is, I got your back, gurl. It should go exactly as I put it: a civil parting of ways. Hurt feelings might exist, but ultimately, it's just writing and having fun, and you couldn't find fun with them. Why should you sacrifice any more of your effort and time (which, btw, is the most precious commodity that we own) towards it? Be civil, do your thing. :) You could always point me at them too. I'll big brother punch them in the FAAAACE!

Also, feel like RP'ing sometime, @Opal? <3

Reactions: Vellichor
@TheGreyWarden

When I think "wall of text" I'm thinking tons and tons of pointless filler, stuff that isn't relevant or useful. That is probably what most people mean when they say they avoid those kinds of posts!

Cause I love long posts (and will write them) if there is the well constructed content. O_O But if it's all just fluff about a butterfly's wings and tiny details about stuff that is going to have no relation or importance to the character/plot, it's no good for me. I think what you described with the content is what people liiiike.

#MakeIwakuGreatAgain
Clearly this problem won't be solved until the 1x1's are filled with TrumpXTrump libertines.

@TheGreyWarden

When I think "wall of text" I'm thinking tons and tons of pointless filler, stuff that isn't relevant or useful. That is probably what most people mean when they say they avoid those kinds of posts!

Cause I love long posts (and will write them) if there is the well constructed content. O_O But if it's all just fluff about a butterfly's wings and tiny details about stuff that is going to have no relation or importance to the character/plot, it's no good for me. I think what you described with the content is what people liiiike.
This is the pure, unadulterated truth yo. I will write long posts, especially as openers, but only when I actually have relevant shit to say.

Y'know, these newcomers, they're not sending their best roleplayers. They're sending one-liners and Mary-Sues, and it's taking RP's away from working class writers. We're gonna' build a firewall and make China pay for it, we're gonna' negotiate a better deal, the best deals you've ever seen. I'll make Iwaku great again; we'll win so much that you'll get sick of winning. These Mary-Sue writers, they're lopping off people's heads, we gotta' take 'em out and be strong about it. We have to go after their threads and take their oil threads so they don't bomb us with bad content.

Y'know, these newcomers, they're not sending their best roleplayers. They're sending one-liners and Mary-Sues, and it's taking RP's away from working class writers. We're gonna' build a firewall and make China pay for it, we're gonna' negotiate a better deal, the best deals you've ever seen. I'll make Iwaku great again; we'll win so much that you'll get sick of winning. These Mary-Sue writers, they're lopping off people's heads, we gotta' take 'em out and be strong about it. We have to go after their threads and take their oil threads so they don't bomb us with bad content.
EXCUSE U I'M NEW HERE THIS IS NOT THE KIND OF WELCOME I WANT

I'M JUST A POOR INNOCENT FARMER WHO WANTS A BETTER LIFE FOR MY FAMILY OF BEAUTIFUL CHARACTERS OKAY

EXCUSE U I'M NEW HERE THIS IS NOT THE KIND OF WELCOME I WANT

I'M JUST A POOR INNOCENT FARMER WHO WANTS A BETTER LIFE FOR MY FAMILY OF BEAUTIFUL CHARACTERS OKAY
You see, we just don't win anymore. We'll make so many new jobs RP's it'll make your head spin. These newcomers are running loose around the threads, but some, I assume, are good people. I worked hard for my entire life; my father gave me a small loan of a million dollars y'know. One-liners are the real cause of global warming. McKinley did the Maine. These Mary-Sues will have you believe I went bankrupt (with ideas) four times, but it isn't true. My book 'The Art of the RP' is the best book ever written, hands down.

You see, we just don't win anymore. We'll make so many new jobs RP's it'll make your head spin. These newcomers are running loose around the threads, but some, I assume, are good people. I worked hard for my entire life; my father gave me a small loan of a million dollars y'know. One-liners are the real cause of global warming. McKinley did the Maine. These Mary-Sues will have you believe I went bankrupt (with ideas) four times, but it isn't true. My book 'The Art of the RP' is the best book ever written, hands down.

No, stop! You may make Gwazi bring back Trumpwaku again, and nobody wants that.

No, stop! You may make Gwazi bring back Trumpwaku again, and nobody wants that.
You're being terribly politically correct. I'm not politically correct, in fact, I'm the least racist politically correct person anyone can think of. I've made a successful business and never went bankrupt once.

Clearly your jet fuel can't melt my steel beams.

Maybe iwaku is turning into an old boy's club, where there is a vocal minority of seniors complaining about everything.

Teens will be teens .. let them vent their teenage fantasies in one liners and 'poor writing'. I don't regret that part of my life, but at the same time, it's time has past. I actually think that the people in this thread would benefit from a transition to something that is more writing focused than RP focused - the mechanism of playing a character can only be stretched so much.

Trump x Hillary libertine.

*shivers*

I would be surprised if the first post wasn't long tbh. Mine have always been long establishing the character(s) and the setting and what the basis of the conflict is.

Reactions: Kagayours

*shivers*
Stop talking dirty! You're making my stomach do weird things.....

Like try to get rid of everything I have ever eaten in the past day....

*shivers*

Folks, we gotta' watch out for these establishment writers. Poorly-written group RP's are flooding the border, and if you look in General Chatting, it's a total mess. We shouldn't have invaded General Chatting. I told everyone that but nobody listened. I will appoint very smart people to fix things, like I did with my business that also never went bankrupt. I have used the rules of this site to my advantage, and these wall-of-text writers, they're total killers. Fierce people, and I'm tougher than them. Just look at my poll numbers!

Nailed it. <3 (For me, anyway.)

I didn't mean "wall of text" as in someone wrote a lengthy post. I do that that. Often. When I say "wall of text," I'm referring to a post that is the rough shape and density of a wall with about the same level of intrigue. That's my bad, I should've explained.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Vellichor
Nailed it. <3

I didn't mean "wall of text" as in someone wrote a lengthy post. I do that that. Often. When I say "wall of text," I'm referring to a post that is the rough shape and density of a wall with about the same level intrigue. That's my bad, I should've explained.
Yeah. True doe.