Darkening Skies: Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heresh Morrikin

• Kaidan's Spire is a great place to be if you're a powerful Stormlord. Logically, it proceeds that it's an ok place to be if you're of mediocre power, and somewhat crappy if you're a complete neophyte. This particular chain of flawless logic came to Heresh as she hung upside down from one of the gantries clinging to the tower, trying to wrestle the goddamned fucking conduction rod back into place, come on, the strike is coming, the-strike-is-coming,

CRACKLECRACKLECRACKLE

Heresh has grown up in halls of iron and steel, hearing the coming and going of ships from the top of the tower, the squeak of rubber boots on the decking, and above all, the crackle and rumble of her beloved stormclouds as they range across the sky. Her parents weren't the rulers of the Spire, but they had wealth and prestige...with which Heresh was not permitted to indulge herself. In time, she would be strong and wealthy, yes, but for the time being, she was something much more important. Heresh was useful. Time not spent being lectured by her parents or reading up on obscure mechanisms was spent hanging off the tower by a rather thin rope, hitting things with hammers or twisting their nuts with spanners until they co-operated and snapped back into place. This earned parental approval.

However, this wasn't all that Heresh was. The time spent in the library allowed her to devour romantic tales of far lands and adventure, and truth be told, much of the time she logged as external Spire maintenance was spent sitting on the spars, staring out into the storm belt, planning. There's more to life than this tower.

Appearance

Heresh is short and skinny. Not really any other way of putting it, to be honest. She's pretty in an unremarkable fashion, under the goggles and greasy hair. She generally tramps around in baggy canvas pants festooned with pockets and toolkits, with light linen shirts to deal with Kelen's warmth.
  • Physical Mental Social
    Strength: 2 Intellect: 2 Bearing: 2
    Dexterity: 4 Intuition: 3 Guile: 2
    Fitness: 4 Willpower: 4 Composure: 2
  • Physical Mental Social
    Awareness: 3 Academics: 2 Animal Handling -
    Athletics: 3 - Acrobatics 4 Administration: - Empathy: 2
    Defence: 2 Applied Magical Theory: 3 Language: Spirespeak 4
    Urd 1
    Trades 2
    Melee: - Artisan: 1 Mingling: 1
    Piloting: 3 – Maglev Vessels 4 Craft: 3 – Manatech 4 Perform: -
    Ranged: 3 – Rifles 4 Investigation: - Persuasion: 2
    Stealth: 2 Lore: - Subterfuge: -
    Unarmed: 2 Medicine: - - -
    - - Navigation: 2 - -
    - - Survival: - - -
  • Familiarity: Techhead

+1 die to Empathy, Mingling, and Persuasion only while dealing with fellow engineers and technicians.

Knowledge: Pattern of the Sapphire Storm

+1 die to Magical Theory, for not getting manashocked.

+1 die to Craft, for making and repairing Stormtech.

+1 die to Navigation, for specifically dealing with bad weather.

Training: Spireborn Technician

+1 die to Athletics, for high acrobatics.

+1 die to Ranged, for Stormtech firearms.

+1 die to Piloting, for magnetic levitation ships.
  • Retuned Stormcaster. Bypasses non-insulated Soak, deals [Attack Successes] in direct Health damage, and [Attack Successes + Logos 3] in Condition damage.

Rail Rifle: +8/-9/800 yds or +2 Defence/ 4 CP reload

Pilot Armour, +4 Soak

Health: 10 Condition: 20
    Offence Defence Speed
    Offence: Melee: 4 Defend Rating: 6 Speed: 8 (2)
    Offence: Unarmed: 6 Soak 2 Combat Pool 12
    Offence: Ranged : 6, Rifle 7 Magic Resist 4 Ranged Pool 10
  • Pattern Of The Sapphire Storm

Logos: 3

Logos Points: 184

School: The Bow

Coil 1 effects: diceless, add 1 Logos point.

Coil 2 effects: Willpower + Logos, difficulty 8, add 4 Logos points.

Coil 3 effects: Willpower + Logos, difficulty 9, add 8 Logos points. Manashock possible on any roll now, with enough 1's.

School effects: Reroll up to two dice while spellcasting to affect wind and weather. Difficulty of magnetic and lightning spellcasting increases by one.

School innate spells, never any risk of manashock, add no Logos points:

Logos 1: Whiskers Of Air

The sorcerer can extend their senses through the breeze, instantly getting a feel for the local airflow and sensing any disturbances in its movement. [Logos 1, therefore diceless.]

Logos 2: Navigator

This spell blesses any form of transport dependent on the air, as the magus spins a windpath to fill sails, support hulls, and grant speed and maneuverability. [Logos 2, therefore target number 8.]

Logos 3: Eye Of The Storm

At need, the sorcerer can spin a wall of wind, circling them and thwarting any who try to approach, throwing them back with the force of a hurricane. [Logos 3, therefore target number 9.]

Enchantment!

Attunement roll of Willpower+Logos at difficulty 10. Number of successes is the maximum Attunement.

Enchantment rolls of Willpower+Logos at difficulty 10 to generate successes used for enchantment effects.

Focus gems automatically add +1 Attunement.

Resonant materials reduce difficulty of rolls by 1.

Item being enchanted is related to theme and aesthetic of Pattern, reduce roll difficulty by 1.

Item was handmade and attuned during construction by the magus, reduce roll difficulty by 1.

Inscribed Pattern symbol can absorb enchantment backlash.

• Finances:

74 Gems personal cash.

205 Gems banked in the Spires.

Armour, light plates over reinforced canvas, rigged for climbing harness (Thank you Mr. Colby!).

Enhanced, retuned Stormcaster, pistol variant.

Rail rifle, bullpup configuration, beechwood furniture.

'Dandelion Seed' emergency drop core.

Basic toolkit.

Full toolkit.

Several changes of clothes, mostly just linen shirts and canvas cargo pants.

Waxed canvas bomber jacket.

Blue cotton scarf, conical straw hat, goggles.

Ledger for notes while learning Urd.

Bottle of dreadfully intimidating Dellebron brandy.

Canvas sack, purse, minor personal items, pocket knife, etc.

Random shiny marketplace crap to the value of several gems.

Schematics:

Dual Core Ship Scaled Stormcannon

Lightning Sword mechanics [3 success, 1 bonus die]

Flight systems for Infernal armour [3 successes, 1 bonus die]

Rail rifle [5 successes, 2 bonus dice]

Coil bow [4 success, 5 success, 2 bonus dice]

Emergency maglev drop core, for harness or belt [2 success, 1 bonus die]

Magnetic harpoon gun [3 successes, 1 bonus die]

Pilot Armour components:

Flight System [2 successes, 1 bonus die]

Sealed Mask [2 successes, 1 bonus die]

Discharge Plates [3 successes, 1 bonus die]

Electrical Discharge Channel and Insulation [4 successes, 2 bonus dice]

Armour:

It's not quite as graceful as Lenore's armour, a bit more rough and tumble, but it's exactly what she wanted, chestpiece with attached harness, helmet with adjustable faceplate, and some arm and shin guards to complete the look. Little runes have been carved along parts of its surface, intertwining with a little artistry that Colby no doubt had added himself; little cog wheels and lightning bolts gracing it's corners and edges, subtle enough to only be seen in the light, the whole metal giving off the faintest of golden sheens
  • First Letter To Her Mother

2 Stormtide YD 187

Mama,

I am alive, I am safe, and I am so sorry.

This has been a long, interesting and not entirely pleasant few days, but I can at least tell you that I am well. I write this letter at the Customs House in Hannubar Reach, and hope that it comes to you on swift wings. I am so, so sorry for this, what has happened must have frightened you very badly.

On the day the Burning Moth was stolen, I was accompanying a band of miscreants to the docks, keeping an eye on them, at all times but a moment away from calling security. When the fight broke out, I realised that it was too late for that. The captain of that vessel was instantly slain, shots were fired, and I was knocked from the docks, hanging from a mooring line. I climbed the line, and found myself aboard the Moth, with the lines connecting the hull to the docks thereafter severed.

Unable to return to the docks, I sought cover inside the ship. I was on the bridge when the magnetic accelerator was deployed. I was the only one aboard who knew what was happening, and knew to take appropriate measures to avoid being injured when the vessel was launched. When I regained consciousness, I found that I was the only one aboard capable of piloting the Moth, but that even then, the ship would not be capable of returning to the Spire.

At the helm, I coaxed the vessel to the nearest port, this being the aforementioned Hannubar Reach. At this port, the Moth was condemned for salvage. I escaped, with toolbelt and pistol. To these items, I have added a pilot's cap. I am contracted aboard a ship by the name of the Ember Rose, thus gaining for myself the protection of a crew and captain, the promise of pay, and the prospect of returning home at some point in the coming seasons.

Mama, I want to thank you for everything you have done for me. The training you ensured for me, in the arts of engineering and piloting, and your personal instruction in marksmanship, have served me well. Wherever I go, whatever challenges I face, I will be ready, because you made me so. The strength I bring to bear is your strength, passed to me, cultivated and nourished.

By the time you receive this letter, I will be gone from Hannubar Reach, at the helm of the Ember Rose. This vessel is captained by the Lady Olimak Lenore, who is brusque, and potentially very dangerous, but, so far, honourable and reasonable.

I will write again from our next port.

I love you,

and I will come home,

Heresh

Second Letter To Her Mother

14 Stormtide YD 187

Mama, Papa,

As I promised, I'm writing to you again, this time from the Iron Tower. I haven't yet met a vampire. I might try to do so before we leave, though.

I am in perfect health, feeling fantastic. There is no need to be worried about me on that front. In addition, I've been paid, and am forwarding some of my wage packet home, for safe keeping (and for the pride of sending wages back). I am discovering that being a trained pilot, navigator, engineer and weather worker is a well compensated package of skills. Thank you, Mama. I couldn't be doing this without the education that Kaidan's Spire gave me.

I hope that everyone back home is faring well, in good health and solid form. Tell Papa that I miss him, that I love him, and that I am looking forward to seeing him again. Papa, I saw leviathans! They're beautiful. Do we stand any chance of luring a pod of them to live at Kaidan's?

I plan to send another letter before we leave this port, one which will detail some of my impressions of the place, but before I can go and earn those impressions, my first priority is to send you this package. If all goes well, you've received this letter in a box containing a statue. It's a magnificent piece, crafted by an Infernal artisan of House Lezek. It was gifted to me (it is a little complicated, I shall explain another time) by my friend the Lady Lezek Urral Leketh. She is absolutely lovely, and I am learning so much from her.

Thank you again, Mama,

I miss you, Papa,

I will send another letter before we leave port.

I love you,

Heresh

Third Letter To Her Parents

25 Stormtide YD 187

Mighty Progenitors, Honoured Elders,

I continue to be alive and well, and all things are, when considered, pretty great.

This is the second letter sent from the Iron Tower. The Ember Rose been here for a short while, doing some short haul jobs, but we will shortly be leaving again on a longer sequence of trips, and I do not know when we'll be back here again.

Now, I have done a foolish thing, and fired three shots in a row. Yes, Mama, I have therefore given away my position and left myself open to return fire. We expect to visit the following locations in the next few months, although I cannot be certain of the timing, or even the order in which we shall go: Ironheart Spire, Vyrs Spire, Hannubar Reach, Lagann Spire, Tollet Spire, Puddleglum Spire, and Grudgeonghast. I apologise for my lack of specificity, we are still arranging cargo and passengers as I write.

The boring necessities of continued communications thus addressed.....Papa! I have advanced upon the Coil, and am strong enough to bring to life the teachings of our School. I have taken up the Bow, and while it is well known as the less martial of our traditions, it is not without its applications. I feel like a bird on the wing, as if the ship around me were merely my shell, and the motive power and spirit were mine alone. Illusion it may be, but I am beginning to harbour thoughts about silk and canvas attachments for my armour.......

Speaking of the power of the wind, and the accoutrements of war, I must boast. I have killed a bioship. One of our tasks was the retrieval of some Important Items, from A Location, and in the course of this, there came a disagreement between myself and an aeronautical Beast. It chose to dive upon us like a hawk, stooping to slay a rabbit. It is at this point, Mama, that the simile fails, as very few rabbits are capable of spinning a tornado from nothing, to cause the raptor's wings to crumple as a dive becomes a fatal plummet. It was a beautiful creature, and it filled my heart with a wicked glee to tear it from the sky.

Lest you think I am becoming an utter savage, I must say that this is certainly the most unpleasant thing which has happened to me during my employment, and the only real violence which I have personally borne witness to outside of the arena in the Iron Tower. That said, the arena is thrilling, and I do not regret visiting it for a moment. Ah, perhaps this does not argue against my own status as a savage, but that debate can wait for later letters.

On the topic of violence involving the Spireborn, though, I have to ask about an unpleasant rumour. Is it true that there has been an outbreak of fighting inside Silverlight Spire? I heard reports of a firefight in the upper levels, and I truly wish to know what has happened. Is Kaidan's Spire accepting any refugees? If we did take in any exiles, what would their status be? The report saddened me greatly.

Thus, I will seek cheer in the creation of something new! Other pursuits which my newfound strength allows for include the crafting of new tools and apparel. Mama, remember the way I never really took to fencing? Well, I am going to give it another try, now that I can build my own rapier and electrify it properly. Please, give all my best to Professor Gladys, and tell her that I am so glad for her instruction on the principles of magnetic repulsion, because I also intend to construct for myself a full sized rail rifle. In my next letter, I shall send you a copy of my design for it, and a report on how its construction is going.

I miss you, and I love you. Please, send letters to those other Spires, that I might be able to hear from you, to hear how you're keeping, to bring me up to date with all of the news from home. In my next letter, I'll include those schematics for critique, and some more savings. In this letter......this is my tattoo. I think it is gorgeous.

Your loving daughter,

Heresh
  • XP:

60 Attributes XP

15 on Intellect, Bearing, Guile, Composure, and Strength to two Bars.

18 on Intuition and Willpower to three Bars.

9 on Fitness to four Bars (Human).

18 on Dexterity to four Bars.

60 Skills XP

2 Bars Awareness, 3 XP

4 Bars Athletics, 8 XP

2 Bars Stealth, 3 XP

2 Bars Defence, 3 XP

3 Bars Ranged, 5 XP

1 Bar Unarmed, 2 XP

3 Bars Piloting, 5 XP

4 Bars Craft, 8 XP

1 Bar Artisan, 2 XP

2 Bars Academics, 3 XP

3 Bars Magical Theory, 5 XP

1 Bar Navigation, 2 XP

2 Bars Persuasion, 3 XP

2 Bars Empathy, 3 XP

1 Bar Mingling, 2 XP

3 Bars Language (Spirespeak), Free

2 Bars Language (Tradestongue), 3 XP

24 Campaign XP

Willpower, 3 Bars to 4 Bars, 9 XP

Awareness, 2 Bars to 3 Bars, 2 XP

Ranged, 3 Bars to 4 Bars, 3 XP

Piloting, 3 Bars to 4 Bars, 3 XP

Navigation, 1 Bar to 2 Bars, 1 XP

Unarmed, 1 Bar to 2 Bars, 1 XP

1 Bar Mingling, 2 XP

1 Bar Urd, 2 XP

Banked XP

Last edited by a moderator:
ICHABOD COLBY

• General Information

History
    Brother to six other siblings in his litter, Ichabod and his peasant family dwelled under the shadow of a Stormlord Spire for most of his young life. His childhood was happy for the most part, comfortable as lower class can get, playing in the streets and gaining an affinity for constructing his own toys out of salvaged wood, mud and scrap metal...
    Though it was only over time that he realized most people aren't able to mould solid metal with their bare hands...
    Turns out the young Rattus was a Guardian, a Magi, Pattern of the Bronze Mountain, and to move the earth and its ores was stamped on his Soul.

Ears perked and soon he was swept off to the Spire to be put under tutelage of other Magi. For most of his teens he spent in the vast library the Stormlord, and keeping his books, appointments, and dinners in check. Even attending a few when he was deemed respectful enough, and refining his skills as a blacksmith, gaining numerous high paying patrons for his refined work.

Eventually an Yrva Guild smiled his way and he was taken under their wing for his superb weapon forging, making copious arms for trade on their behalf, with the promise of learning Hellforging and more. But of course, the Greedy do not part easily with their gold, and late payment after I.O.U's after "It's in the Mail" after Paperwork after "It's lost/stolen/missing/See that other person," … he grew fed up. Packed up his belongings and set out into the world, hoping to ply his trade to more committed and appreciative folks.

Appearance

Ichabod is a handsome little devil. For a Rat of course. Pale grey fur with a white face and belly covers his body, which he prides in keeping in good trim and combed. He wears a long charcoal-black hooded coat, with ample pockets and pouches. Under that, a fitted waistcoat and tie, complete with delicate silver pocket watch at the hip. Or less formally, a stiff collared white shirt with suspender braces. He carries anything he can't conceal within his numerous coat pockets in his bag, much akin to a doctors briefcase, purse-clip and all.

Personality

He is a cheerful and witty character. As bright eyed and bushy tailed as a Rat is – figuratively – capable.
    Polite and restrained, reserved, patient, punctual and inclined to be a ruthless perfectionist in everything that he does. However he can also be obsessive, stubborn, self conscious and uptight. He loves his tea, he loves his sweet breads and he loves his roaring fire. Not fond of blood or rotting bodies however. Those tend to make him light headed.

• Attributes
    Strength : - 1
    Intellect: - 4
    Bearing: - 2
    Dexterity: - 4
    Intuition: - 4
    Guile - 1
    Fitness: - 1
    Willpower: - 4
    Composure: - 2

Skills
    Awareness: - 3
    Academics: - 4
    Animal Handling: - -
    Athletics: - -
    Administration: - 3
    Empathy: - 3
    Defense: - -
    Magical Theory: - 4
    Language: - 3
    Melee: - -
    Artisan: - 2
    Mingling: - -
    Piloting: - -
    Craft: - 4
    Perform: - -
    Ranged: - -
    Investigation: - 4
    Persuasion: - 3
    Stealth: - -
    Lore: - 3
    Subterfuge: - -
    Thievery: - -
    Medicine: - -
    Unarmed: - -
    Navigation: - 2
    Survival: - -

Stats
    Melee: - 4
    Defense: - 4
    Speed: - 3
    Unarmed: - 4
    Soak: - 1
    Combat Pool: - 7
    Ranged: - 4
    Magic Resist: - 4
    Ranged Pool: - 4

Familiarity/Social: Spirecity Slums: A childhood spent below the poverty line among the Slums of a Spire gives him: +1 to any social rolls regarding spire slum inhabitants.

Knowledge/Mental: Blacksmith: A seasoned blacksmith and crafter, his training gives him: +1 Academics, Craft, and Applied Magical Theory (Bronze Mountain) when creating things.

Training/Physical: Well Seasoned Paranoia:
    +1 to all pre-emptive awareness and defence rolls involving metal.

Skill Focus
    Academics: History
    Craft: Metalwork
    Investigation: Repair
    Applied Magic: Metal
    Language: Native:Base Chatter, Tradestongue (3)

• Health: 10/10
    Condition: 15/15

Mage Level 4
    Logos - 301 points

Items

Retrofitted hand-held orcish bolt-thrower pistol – 8 shots
    Small Dagger, enchanted with anti-rust charms.
    Full Blacksmithing Toolset
    Full Engineering Toolset
    Whitesmithing Set
    Blueprint Crafting Set
    Full Tea Set.
    A hammock and home blankets

8 Topaz Gems – kept aside
    200 Gems – Monthly Paycheck Savings

Noting for future reference.
    Colby's Home address:-
    Dumortier Stormspire
    Northern Stormcircle
    Base City, Paillard Street, No 450.

Mother Isabelle and Father Remus.
    Siblings: Mortimer, Violet, Augustus, Obadiah, Hubert, Cheska.
    (Morty, VV, Augy, Obi, Bert, Chessy)

Gideon Nathaniel Ward XIII

• Big family, industrial Spire, organised crime family. Fled Spire when pattern discovered, fell in with the Guild. Took an interest in manatech, showed aptitude,what are ethics, exactly?

• Affable, intense, a bit touched

• Physical Mental Social
    Strength: 2 Intellect: 4 Bearing: 3
    Dexterity: 4 Intuition: 2 Guile: 2
    Fitness: 2 Willpower: 3 Composure: 2
  • Physical Mental Social
    Awareness: - Academics: 2 Animal Handling -
    Athletics: 2 Administration: 3 Empathy: 3
    Defence: 2 Applied Magical theory: 3 [Ruby Heart 4] Language: Base Chatter Native
    Tock 3
    Stormspeak 2
    Tradestongue 2
    Melee: - Artisan: 2 Mingling: 3
    Piloting: - Craft: 3 [Manatech 5] Perform: -
    Ranged: 3 Investigation: - Persuasion: -
    Stealth: - Lore: 2 Subterfuge: 3
    Unarmed: - Medicine: - - -
    - - Navigation: - - -
    Skill Focus
    - -
  • Familiarity: The Family Business:
    +1 Persuasion while pointing a gun (literal or figurative) at somebody's chest
    +1 Empathy when inquiring about earnings
    +1 Subterfuge when fast-talking the authorities

Training: An Upstanding Businessman:
    +1 Ranged when executing a drive-by
    +1 Athletics when fleeing a crime scene
    +1 Awareness when being tailed

Knowledge: The "Scientist":
    +1 Craft when making a prototype
    +1 Applied Magical Theory when pushing Logos
    +1 Administration when applying for ethics approval
  • Health: 10 Condition: 15
    Offence Defence Speed
    Offence: Melee: - Defend Rating: 6 Speed: 6
    Offence: Unarmed: - Soak - Combat Pool -
    Offence: Ranged : 5 Magic Resist - Ranged Pool -
  • Magus of the Ruby Heart, Logos 3

•  

Olimak Lenore: Infernal Scion; House Olimak

• Clad in heavy armor, complete with shield and greatsword, Lenore Olimak cuts an imposing figure. Everything about her speaks of practicality, from the simplicity of her garb, to the blunt manner of her demeanor. She is well aware of the reputation of her family, but unlike the explosive rage of her brethren, she tends towards a focused fury, precise and ruthless in its application.

Visually, she is a pale woman in her early thirties. Her long hair is dark, almost black, with small circular bells woven into the ends of the double pair of braids at her temples, her one concession towards vanity. The rest of her hair is bound into a tight braid, kept in a bun and away from any grasping hands.

That said, most people tend not to notice much about her appearance aside from two things. Her size alone would startling, near eight foot in height alone, but her proportions belies her size. Were she in the distance, one would assume she is normal height until the clarity of nearness reveals the truth. But her eyes. Twin spheres of molten brass lie scalding, steaming where her eyes should be. Their burning glare seems to burrow in, a weight that is not only seen, but felt.

• Fiercely loyal, Lenore puts pride in her name, putting the interests of her family first without exception. She will deal with those who disrespect or demean the Olimak name, often with brutally efficient violence. Even those of the family who act in a way embarrassing will be seen to, though in a generally less lethal manner, if not necessarily less violent.
  • Physical Mental Social
    Strength: 3 (4, +1 with Demonic Musculature) Intellect: 2 Bearing: 3
    Dexterity: 4 Intuition: 3 Guile: 1
    Fitness: 3 Willpower: 3 Composure: 3
  • Physical Mental Social
    Awareness: 3 Academics: 2 Animal Handling -
    Athletics: 5 Administration: 2 Empathy: -
    Defence: 5 Applied Magical Theory: - Language: (4) 3
    Melee: 4 Artisan: - Mingling: -
    Piloting: 2 Craft: - Perform: -
    Ranged: 3 Investigation: 2 Persuasion: 3
    Stealth: - Lore: 1 Subterfuge: -
    Unarmed: 4 Medicine: - - -
    - - Navigation: 2 - -
    - - Survival: 1 - -
    Skill Focus
    Athletics Heavy Armor
    Defence Blocking
    Melee Greatsword
    Unarmed Brutal Strikes
    Languages Urd (Native), Tradestongue

• Familiarity: House of Olimak
    Born of the Infernal House of Wrath, Lenore is deeply familiar with her own people, and has met the majority of them at least once. Bonuses to all social skills with other Olimak.

Knowledge: Decade of Skyfaring
    Having spent the better part of the last fourteen years serving on, managing, and commanding skyships, Lenore has appropriate knowledge of what it entails to be a competent captain. Bonuses to Academics, Administration, and Navigation, when it deals with running or maneuvering a Skyship.

Training: Fist of Wrath
    A combination of combat training and continual skirmishing has given Lenore a strong experience against fighting groups. Bonuses to Defense, Melee, and Awareness, when dealing with multiple opponents or large scale combat.

• Health: 10 Condition: 25
    Offence Defence Speed
    Offence: Melee: 8 Defend Rating: 9 (11, +2 with Shield) Speed: 8
    Offence: Unarmed: 8 Soak 3 (4, +1 Demonic Stature) Combat Pool 12 (14, +2 Shield)
    Offence: Ranged : 7 Magic Resist 3 Ranged Pool 10

• Ascendance: 4
    Powers:
    • Resurgence – Regenerate (Rank) Condition per turn with Demonic flesh. 1 Essence per point.
    • Rage – Boost Physical Attributes by (Rank) for two turns. Can be divided between multiple Attributes, 10 Essence.
    Essence: 20
    Expressions:
    • Eyes of Molten Brass - Lenore's eyes have been replaced by pools of molten brass. Bonus to Night Vision, Intimidate, penalties to Stealth.
    • Demonic Musculature - When angered, or on command, Lenore's muscles bulge freakishly from her body, and she gains nearly a foot of stature. +1 to Strength when angered or in combat.
    • Demonic Stature - Towering at over seven feet tall, Lenore's body is massive, but in proportion. +5 Con, +1 Soak, +1 to Unarmed Damage.
    • Fatigue Engine - An organ within Lenore which produces energy from Essence. It temporarily increases in power by siphoning off excess Essence in use, manifesting as a series of glowing patterns etched into her skin, and glowing brighter with successive Essence use. She no longer needs to eat, and for every 5 Essence Lenore spends, her fatigue track is temporarily increased by 1.
    The Principle of Destruction: Molten Fists Style

Let the fires consume you.

According to Infernal folk tales, this style was supposedly developed by an Olimakim and a Conflagrant, a pair who were brothers in arms. As the story goes, eventually the Conflagrant allowed fury to rule him, killing indiscriminately, seeking only to further his art. In the end, the Olimakim was forced to be kill him, becoming a hermit in penance. It is said that the Olimakim completed a much more powerful variation of this style in isolation, but the Infernal Houses claim this as a mere myth.

This style must be performed unarmed.

Rank 1: Fists of Ash
    The flame is not present, but even its memory has strength. The Practitioner gains +1 to unarmed damage per rank in this style. Scion Bonus: They also gain unarmed crushing damage.

Rank 2: Fists of Cinder
    The flame remembers, and it grows, but it must be worked upon. If the Practitioner uses their entire combat pool in a single attack, they may add an extra quarter, rounded down, of that pool to their attack. Scion Bonus: Instead, add an extra half, rounded down, to the attack.

• Equipment:
    Greatsword;
    Mountaincleaver
    Forged by Olimak Canthus, the great, great grandfather of Olimak Lenore, it has been passed down the Olimak lineage, gifted to those who have proven themselves. Ripped from the living basalt, its edge flows away endlessly into a white hot molten blade. Few can stand up to its might and survive. Lenore came into possession of this weapon when it was gifted to her after proving herself with a three day venture into the Cursed Lands on foot, armed with only a single dagger, the clothes on her back, and two days worth of rations.
    Superheavy plate (including shield) with Inertial Field.
    A favourite of the Olimak Desolators, this highly protective, but equal parts heavy and cumbersome, set of armor channels the moving speed of its wearer into a concussive shield around them, bursting when they make impact with the shield. While few creatures can move quickly enough to take advantage of this with fleet of foot alone, especially considering the weight of the armor itself, it nevertheless is greatly useful when besieging airborn ships, as the falling weight of the bearer transforms them into a veritable cannonball, streaking through the sky. This particular set is a deep bronze color, adorned with some small filigree and emblazoned with the crest of House Olimak. It has been personally fitted and customised to Olimak Lenore, a needed expense when she began to work for the House some years ago.

It has been recently reforged by the Guardian Blacksmith Ichabod Colby, and his work has greatly strengthened the breastplate.​

Galathas Tattoo, Back
    A large Hulbrad hellforged tattoo, being an artistic interpretation of Galathas' face, inscribed across the upper section of Lenore's back. This tattoo is a mark of her devotion to the Fire Which Lit the Stars, and by extension, her devotion to her own House Olimak. The tattoo also imparts protection against magic.​

Galathas Tattoo, Hands
    Large tattoos across Lenore's hands, up to her mid forearm, being interpretations of Galathas's hands. These tattoos are marks of her using the strength of Galathas as her own, and that her strength is Galathas' to use, as well as symbolising that she is a pair of hands to her House. These tattoos also impart massive protection and penetration ability to Lenore's hands with regards to magic.​

Weaver

• Traditionally, foundlings taken in by the Holy Order of Eotre grow up to become Vampire hunting martial artists. Traditionally, foundlings taken in by the Holy Order of Eotre don't manifest as Communers at the age of 15 while sparring with their mentor. It went about as well as one would expect. Weaver was given a bag of coins, supplies for a few weeks and was pointed in the direction of the nearest town and told to try and use his abilities for good. Surprisingly, he's survived the 12 years since with the bare minimum of pitchfork-wielding mobs.

• Weaver is a very amiable, well intentioned enthusiast of the biological arts. He follows a roughly Eotran philosophy, does everything in his power to help people, and genuinely doesn't understand why people don't appreciate his attempts at improving the human form.
  • Physical Mental Social
    Strength: 3 Intellect: 3 Bearing: 2
    Dexterity: 3 Intuition: 3 Guile: 1
    Fitness: 4 Willpower: 3 Composure: 2
  • Physical Mental Social
    Awareness: 2 Academics: - Animal Handling 3
    Athletics: 4 Administration: - Empatdy: 2
    Defence: 2 Applied Magical theory: 4 Language: 3
    Melee: - Artisan: - Mingling: 2
    Piloting: - Craft: 2 Perform: -
    Ranged: - Investigation: - Persuasion: 2
    Stealth: - Lore: 3 Subterfuge: -
    Unarmed: 3 Medicine: 3 - -
    - - Survival: 2 - -
    Skill Focus
    - -
  • Familiarity:

Shaolin Temple of John Carpenter

+1 Lore when dealing with vampires

+1 Mingling when dealing with Eotran believers

+1 Persuasion when attempting to enlighten someone

Knowledge:

Barber surgeon

+1 Lore when dealing with regional politics

+1 Applied Magical Theory when Cronenburging up the place

+1 Medicine when performing improvised surgery

Training

Run Through the Jungle

+1 unarmed when applying grisly claws to chumps

+1 Athletics when sprinting

+1 Awareness when in unfamiliar territory

• Health: 10 Condition: 20
    Offence Defence Speed
    Offence: Melee: - Defend

• Name: Lezek Urral

Appearance:

Urral is a golden haired angel of a woman. Nearly flawless in her features, she is terrifyingly gorgeous. Above average height by far, she stands in at a glorious 7' feet yet incredibly muscular and lithe. To see her move is almost a religious experience, to see something close to what many would consider Gods. She wields a heavy Halberd and wears Full plate armor. No silly skimpy outfit, her armor is heavy plates and each inch covered in tales of House Lezek and her Heraldry. A beautiful long maned helmet, one eye socket simply not cut out at all only a simple metal halo above her sits atop her head. The visor focusing the light emanating from her eye, giving the impression of a being of light sealed inside armor. A rough scar cuts through her left eye, the socket empty and burnt. A sign of a duel gone wrong but not lost with an Olimak captain and cleaver.

Outside of combat and in social settings, she wears a pure white toga, her feet clad in golden sandals. Though this is rarely seen outside her home. Frequently now, her hair is braided in baroque patterns with an emphasis on strips of golden ribbon entwined within.

A pair of large angelic wings sprout from her spine. The feathers are a near perfect white with a dusting of gold throughout. At rest they are soft and light but when clenched, her feathers take a near razors edge. Her wings are powerful enough to keep her in flight fully armed and armored with a single being held.

History:

First Halberd Daughter of the Right Hand Macelord Lezekim Seral Leketh and Fourth Spearmaiden of the Unbridled Beam of Impervious Flame of Malenth Leketh and does she let people know it.

Born and raised in the floating city, from birth Urral was used in the political spectrum of the House. Her birth even a political machination of her fathers to gain pull within her mothers family. Both parts of her family fiercely involved in political matters and both making their money by renting 'Heroic Figures' to any in need of a significant boost in battle.

Such was her childhood and the teenage years of the young Infernals life. Classes on Military history, endless hours in the training halls and brief respites at the incredibly tense dinner tables. Her life until the point of her adulthood had been increasingly abusive. Every mistake she made was responded to with violence. Slaps across the inhumanly perfect face or days spent hanging from her arms.

Urral was shaped and molded through the incredibly militaristic and brutal methods of the Old parties in her House. Neither side truly wanting her but neither wishing to seem weak in the eyes of the other. Caught in this harsh place, she has become a particularly terrifying opponent. Her Halberd singing in heavenly glory as men, women, and children alike fell beneath her blade, she can take an early dinner and fall fast asleep directly after. As both sides eventually came to agreement, the entire reason of her birth was nullified. Urral was birthed to bring power to Lezek and as a weapon to eliminate opponents in lawful single combat. When the Leketh-Urmbach alliance was formed, her purpose was lost and released by Leketh to do as she would.

Considered by many to be the epitome of the dark side of House Lezek, The First Halberd Daughter, Master of the Shattering Wrist, Champion of the Durndon Wars, Urral Leketh of House Lezek has found herself void of prior obligations and for the first time in her life, Free to pursue her own goals.

Currently working as a leader for hire, she can inspire men to victory without truly caring for the outcome of anyone other than herself.

• Physical Mental Social
    Strength: 4 Intellect: 1 Bearing: 3
    Dexterity: 4 Intuition: 1 Guile: 1
    Fitness: 4 Willpower: 3 Composure: 2
  • Physical Mental Social
    Awareness: 2 Academics: 2 Animal Handling -
    Athletics: 5 Administration: - Empatdy: -
    Defence: 5 Applied Magical theory: - Language: (4) 3
    Melee: 6 Artisan: 2 Mingling: -
    Piloting: - Craft: - Perform: 2
    Ranged: - Investigation: - Persuasion: 2
    Stealth: - Lore: - Subterfuge: -
    Unarmed: - Medicine: - - -
    Skill Focus
    Athletics Combat
    Melee Heavy Halberd
    Defence Parry
  • Familiarity: House Lezek, House of Pride
    A lifetime within the House of Pride has given Urral a deep understanding of the intricacies of how the Lezekim interact with each other. This Familiarity imparts unto her a social bonus when interacting with any Lezek.

Knowledge: Pride's Education
    A formal education is something that was beaten into Urral as a child, regardless of her aptitude for it. This Knowledge gives a bonus to any rolls regarding the politics and history of the Infernal Houses.

Training: Living Weapon
    Urral was trained first and foremost to be a warrior, and beyond that, as a duelist. As such, this Training allots her bonuses to dueling.
  • Health: 10 Condition: 20
    Offence Defence Speed
    Offence: Melee: 10 Defend Rating: 9 Speed: 9
    Offence: Unarmed: 4 Soak 4 Combat Pool 14
    Offence: Ranged : 4 Magic Resist 2
    [tr] [/tr]
    [tr] [/tr]
  • Ascendance: 4
    Essence: 20
    Expressions:
    • Grace: Imbued with the perfect grace of the divine, Urrals movements are flawlessly languid and nigh without mortal peer.
    • Beauty: One of the defining Expressions of House Lezek, Urral has been blessed with inhuman beauty, her physical form being an epitome of human perfection.
    • Golden Eye: An orb of shining light has replaced Urral's remaining eye. It is a beacon of Lezekim sensibilities, and grants her bonuses to night vision, Intimidation, and Persuasion rolls, but imparts a heavy penalty to Stealth based rolls.
    • Wings: Urral has a pair of large wings. She is capable of flight and combat amongst clouds. She can carry one person with her and maintain velocity.
    Infernal Powers:
    • Excellence: Allows rerolls of failed combat dice, 3 per 5 Essence.
    • Brilliance: Allows bonus dice on combat rolls, 1 per Rank. 10 Essence

Martial Arts:
    The Path of Glory, the Lezekim Martial Art

Rank 1: Path of Glory
    There is but one path to greatness. This rank allows the Practitioner to take "Path of Glory" stance. As long as they are in this stance, their offense and defense is counted as +1 above their actual numbers.
    Scion Bonus: This turns to a +2 at 3rd Rank, and a +3 at 5th Rank

Rank 2: None Before Me
    Others are weak. They cannot stand before you. Whilst in "Path of Glory" stance, the practitioner may choose to attack with such blinding skill and ferocity that those that see it can only be cowed. The practitioner rolls this attack with half his full CP. Those that perceive it and lose an appropriate fear check will have their offense and defense lowered by -1 for 3 rounds. This ability cannot be stacked, but can be repeated.
    Scion Bonus: The penalty is increased to -2 at 3rd Rank and to -3 at 5th Rank.

Rank 3: None Behind Me
    The weakness of others serves only to remind you of your own strength. Whilst in "Path of Glory" stance, the Practitioners of Glory may attack with a 1/4 of their full CP any opponent whose fails to hit them. These attacks must follow immediately after the defended attack or they cannot be used at all. These attacks do detract from CP, but cannot reduce it to 0.
    Scion Bonus: The practitioner does not reduce CP.

Rank 4: None Escape Me
    Those not on the path walk to their own deaths. The Practitioner attacks with such skill, such precision and lethality, that even a true defense cannot stand against them. As long as the practitioner has a single success whilst attacking in "Path of Glory" stance, they will cause 1 Con damage to the opponent, or the opponents armor should they be wearing any, regardless of the success of the opponents defense roll. The armor damaged by this is chosen by the practitioner, with regards to the specifics of the attack they made.
    Scion Bonus: This ignores armor, and causes 1 Con damage directly to the opponent.

Rank 5: Paved with Blades
    The Path of Glory is paved with blades, and washed with the blood of the fallen. Utilizing the full extent of their mastery of the blade, the practitioner can decimate even the mightiest of opponents. Whilst in "Path of Glory" stance, the practitioner may make a single, full CP attack. If it succeeds, it ignores armor and does double damage.
    Scion Bonus: If the opponent is killed by this attack, the Practitioners CP is fully refreshed.
  • Heavy Halberd: "Glorious Travesty of Mortal Kind"
    This Halberd was gifted to Urral upon her twentieth day of birth. The day when she was no longer considered a ward apprentice to the House and the Day she struck forth to Imerica at large.

The haft of the weapon is a pure white, etchings of gold run down the length of it, each one a tale of the glories of House so that while wielding it, Urral may never grow forgetful of the power of her lineage. The blade itself is from the heart of Gabriallus, the forge of the heavens. The manufacturing of this began on the day of her birth, a master crafter each day folding it into itself a hundred times. A hundred times twenty years later and the blade shines like a mirror, the edges razor sharp and the weight of it ungodly heavy. In her hands though, it moves lightening fast, slicing, crushing, and piercing the unjust, the unworthy, and the enemies of house. The Blade itself is void of any etchings but the incredibly detailed flow into the haft is built heavily. The names of the craftsmen etched into the images of her victories through life.

If examined, the weapon appears to have been blessed through Infernal means. The demonic taint of the Light infernal is obvious. The owner of the weapon is the only one able to wield it, any other holding it will find it much too cumbersome and awkward. The weapon is also capable of self repair, maintaining the mint condition through the blood of victims defeated in duels. The last enchantment of note is the glaring brightness of the mirrored blade. A minor yet effective blessing that can cause temporary blindness on the under prepared.

Full Plate Armor: Cuirass, Pauldrens, Gauntlets, Greaves: "Tales of Unending Glory and Eternal Fear of Failure"
    This impressive set of armor, handed down through her mothers lineage, is a never ending work of art. Each owner has had the exquisitely designed armor etched with the tales of the House. The entire works of the Tales of House Lezekim would fill grand libraries of most lands so to see the most recent edition of this tale written onto the armor of one being is a sight to behold. In order to fit this, the tales are inscribed not only on the surface but the under side of the armor as well. Every inch of the Gabriallus forged metal has the miniscule tongue of light Demons coating it. The shine from the in laid gold is beyond valuable.

Even places where damage has taken place have been covered in writings. These places in particular describing the impressive fight in which it took place. A simple chip from a war axe becomes an eight volume epic.

The curious texture of the writing causes the armor to be very effective at deflecting ranged attacks. Arrows hit the uneven surface and tend to glance, providing a myth of immunity to arrows common among the Lezekim. If the house manifest is ever changed or updated, the armor changes to reflect this as well.

The armor is also very thick, as room runs out for more words to be transcribed, plates had been added, the most recent being the 'halo' running over the wearers head. This device also has the added benefit of making the wearer resistant to slashing and crushing attacks from anything other than a head on attack.

Lezekim Seral Leketh
    The Right Macelord of the Highfather, Third Ascendant of the Winged Glories, Bearer of the Shield of Leketh and Wielder of the Litany of Pride Forever Astride the Light.

Appearance: Of almost supreme Noble stature, Seral holds his head high as the Linekeeper of the Leketh Bloodline. Far older than his appearance, his head of Golden hair is kept short in a tight crewhawk. Both eyes are a solid gold, as if someone replaced them with polished ingots. A pair of fawn like horns sprout from above his brow, accentuating a sharp jaw and cheeks. Impossibly muscular and nearly eight feet tall. His chief point of pride though lies in the two pairs of wings sprouting from his back. An abnormality befitting a Bloodline leader.

Equipment:

• Beholder of the Rapturous Mace of Crushing Faith and Everbearing Pride: A flanged mace, inlaid with the traditional gold and white, the weight of the weapon is staggering yet wielded with absurd quickness. Little known can withstand the full force of it applied with absolute precesion to a vital point.
    • The Shield of Leketh: Named after the Son of the Lightbringer and founder of His line, The Shield is less wide than the average tower shield, ending in a sharp point. As so long as the bearers truth in Pride is strong, it remains nigh impenetrable .
[tr][/tr]

• Name; Abigail Turner
    Age; late 30s
    Sex; F
    Origin; Cottonsail, in the domain of Silverlight
    Occupation; rebel spy Security specialist

Background
    Abigail grew up on a windfarm far from Silverlight Spire, but not so far that the mad Lord's gaze didn't fall over them. Cottonsail fared better than settlements nearer to Silverlight; the chances of being taken away for indentured servitude were relatively rare, but the town was only allowed to exist so long as the inhabitants paid extortionate tithes to the Spire, in recompense for their "theft".
    A young Abigail would claim to have left in protest at their situation, but in reality she was terrified of the mundane life her parents lived. Aged 16 she ran away to Silverlight, and blagged herself work in a tavern, and later on an airship desperate for crew. That first voyage was unpleasant and extremely eye-opening; an older Abigail would confess she should have listened to her parents more, but it would be ten years before she saw them again.
    The night she discovered she was a mutant was eventful; beginning with the awful crew she had signed on with starting a fight in the worst possible bar. She'd only been with them two months, but it was still two months too many, so she decided to slip out the back. She has this natural sneaky quality, you know?
    Turns out it wasn't so natural. He disappearance drew attention from a Shadow, who was disappointed to learn "People sometimes just don't see me, I swear!" was the extent of her abilities. Neverthless he offered her some irregular work, which she grabbed with both hands to get away from crewing airships for a while at least. Settling in Moonbend had the strangest effect on her; she grew homesick, and guilty. Seeing the world like she had, and the now steady income made her realise she might be able to get the rest of her family out too. So she decided to write a letter.
    The reunion was brief, but long overdue. She had few relatives remaining in Cottonsail; some had left like she did, some taken by old age, but thankfully none taken by Silverlight even though the tithes had grown harsher still. She was non-specific about her occupation but when it became evident that no-one was leaving with her, she promised to stay in touch, and send money when she could.
    She developed a reputation as a discreet professional; flexible in her terms of payment, depending on whether it was currency, gems, or magical artefacts at your disposal, but always giving a percentage to the Moonbend Irregulars. Three years of correspondence with Cottonsail, and pictures of a little house with an attached workshop for her father had convinced her parents to retire to Moonbend when they felt ready.

Recent past
    You might say one has to believe in happy endings to get them, but Abigail knew she was a cynic.
    She returned from a mission that dragged on close to a year to news Cottonsail no longer existed. The Lord of Silverlight had finally made good on his threats to wipe them away, and sent a cyclone. Unable to get any concrete information, she headed for Silverlight. It took time and persistence, but eventually she confronted the head of a small gang of rebels in the city and demanded they allow her join.
    The past three years have been spent gathering as much intel as possible on the mad Lord, his allies, enemies, and Abigail's attention has finally turned to L'anmia, the Lord's only living relative. Currently in self-imposed exile for her safety, his niece may be the answer to the city's problems, if only the rebels could get her on the throne.

Personality
    "Oh no, no. Blackmail is such an ugly word, wouldn't you agree?"

Once rebellious, then ambitious, now vengeful, Abigail is getting tired.
    She is thoughtful, somewhat introspective, and her anguish isn't immediately obvious.Training and working for the Irregulars has refined her into a competent professional agent, with capabilities in negotiation, information gathering, subterfuge and assassination. That final one is always a last resort though. She is single-minded in her pursuit of the Lord, but age and experience has taught her the long game is the one that pays off in the end.

Appearance
    Abigail is of average height and a little on the slender side, not unpleasant to look at, but not so attractive as to be very memorable; a pale, relatively serious face. She keeps her dark hair in a functional french braid and favours darker shades of red, green, grey and brown, but rarely black. It's too obvious.

Contacts;
    Silverlight Rebels
    The Moonbend Irregulars

Goals
    • Successfully contact and negotiate with Olimak Lenore
    • Persuade L'anmia to take the throne
    • Destroy the Lord of Silverlight

• Name; Jamie "Zero" Towers
    Age; Early 30s
    Sex; unimportant, them/they
    Origin; Kaidan City
    Occupation; Specialist pilot

Background
    "It's all about angles. Gaining angles on a dogfight opponent involves manoeuvring for a shot from astern. The ultimate in an angles fight is an angle of zero. Straight up the enemy's tailpipe."

Jamie's way out of the lower ranks of Kaidan peasantry manifested along with their mutation; a curious sense of gravity that allowed them to navigate Shaydensea relatively easily. This got them off the streets and into the Spire for a little bit of sponsored pilot training before essentially being strong-armed onto the Thrilling Heroics expedition crew bound for the far edges of civilisation. The men treated the youngster nicely enough, but the age and experience gap was huge. They felt desperately out of place and quite lonely at times until the crew had a massive salvage score and declared Jamie their lucky charm; being the newest addition.
    Jamie considered them family by the time their journey home was completed, not really considering their own new found independent wealth, and assumed another expedition was on the horizon. But these men had families of their own waiting, and were thrilled to be able to retire, buy businesses, or get extremely picky about further employment. The band was not in fact getting back together.
    After a period of aimlessness and depression they received a letter from the Thrilling Heroics old first mate, encouraging a visit to his family and new tavern in Allbright Spire. The visit, and a subsequent period of work behind the bar at The Clockwork Frog shook Jamie out of their funk; they realised meeting people and travel were passions they were free to pursue.
    And so began the search for unique and interesting pilot vacancies...

Personailty
    Jamie is fun. Smokes, drinks, chats and flying are their passions, and damned if they don't pursue them. They love hearing and telling a good story in equal measure, but please, never name names, it'll spoil the fun, and discretion is such an important character trait for a person to have.
    Happy go-lucky, somewhat naive, and generally optimistic, Jamie hasn't yet had the range of experience to make them less trusting of strangers than they should be.

Appearance
    Androgynous, and cute. Pale, and a little on the tall side, they keep bright ginger hair in a pixie cut that always seems in need of a trim. They're rarely seen out of practical clothing; the typical leathers, wool, and cotton of an aviator - in browns and off white - with as many pockets and pouches as they might need.

• Name; please just call her Little Bird
    Age; approaching 40 maybe? Don't ask.
    Sex; F
    Origin; Shaydensea is as much as you're getting
    Occupation; A guide with a side line in doin' a violence.

Background
    "Why d'ya want to know?
    Who d'ya work for?"

Little Bird is a jack of all trades. According to anything anyone knows about her, she grew up on the streets somewhere in Shaydensea, thieving and fighting by way of survival.
    She knows the best way across a city to keep from being seen too much. She can tell you where your kind should or shouldn't go for a pint. She knows who's fighting, who's fucking, where the drugs are, and the best place to bury a body. She enjoys coarse humour, bawdy stories, stiff drinks, and most importantly; getting paid in a timely fashion.

Personality
    Abrasive, even if you're the one paying her, and very much of the "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" mindset. She likes to know the specific terms of a job, gets everything nailed down in advance, and expects to be paid in a timely fashion. Pay her to guide you to a place, and she'll do just that, but oh! You didn't ask her to also intervene if you get mugged along the way? That costs extra. She has no problem milking the wealthy for all they're worth, but there are a number of street kids, homeless elders and brothel madams she keeps an eye on - she hides those soft spots out of sight.

Appearance
    A hard life has given her sharp features and ruddy skin - close encounters have scarred her up a bit. She would probably tend towards soft and round if the violence, drinking and paranoia didn't keep her solid. Dirty blonde hair is kept short for practical reasons, and grey eyes see more than you might expect from her appearance.

• Name; Harriet Wilde
    Age; Late 20s
    Sex; F
    Origin; Towerpeak
    Occupation; Foreign Correspondant

"Every reporter inhales scepticism. You interview people, and they lie. You face public figures, diligently making notes or taping what is said, and they perform their interviews to fit a calculated script. The truth, alas, is always elusive."

Harriet occupies an odd position in the Towerpeak hierarchy. The ruling class don't get out much, so they rely heavily on correspondence from the small army of diplomats they send to the ends of the earth to bring back news.
    As well as carrying specific information, Harriet sends back word of the current events at whichever port she finds herself, often enclosing local newspapers, flyers and missives as requested by her Archivist.

Appearance
    Tall and attractive, Harriet has the dark skin and eyes that point to Wildlander heritage. She keeps black hair buzzed close, loves large earrings and bright colours.

• Abilities
    Strength
    Intellect
    Bearing
    Dexterity
    Intuition
    Guile
    Fitness
    Willpower
    Composure

Skills
    Awareness
    Academics
    Animal Handling
    Athletics
    Administration
    Empathy
    Defence
    Applied Magical theory
    Language
    Melee
    Artisan
    Mingling
    Piloting
    Craft
    Perform
    Ranged
    Investigation
    Persuasion
    Stealth
    Lore
    Subterfuge
    Unarmed
    Medicine
    Navigation
    Survival

Derived stats
    Health
    Condition
    Speed

Offence
    Offence Unarmed
    Offence Melee
    Offence Ranged

Combat Pool
    Ranged Pool

Defense Rating
    Magic Resist
    Soak
    Speed

• Familiarity:
    When you work as a covert operative, there's no line between who you are and what you do. You are who you need to be for the operation. It makes you effective, it keeps things simple. But when you spend so much time living with someone else, sometimes the people you care about most begin to wonder who you really are.

+1 to Empathy, Mingling, Subterfuge

Knowledge:
    Finding a way into a criminal organization is about observing social dynamics. You start with a target. You're looking for just the right person to approach. People in the inner circle are usually too tough to go after. Anyone with real power is bound to be cautious. Couriers and bodyguards are easier, but they usually don't have real access. You want someone who is hungry for more; someone desperate to make a move.

+1 to Academics, Investigation, Lore

Training:
    When you work in intelligence, the worst feeling in the world is knowing nothing. Being caught in something you don't begin to understand, because it's not the enemy you see that gets you. It's the one you don't.

+1 to Awareness, Athletics, Stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.