Dark Wood's Circus ~ IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Azazel

Friendly Neighborhood Fanthing
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
When I feel like popping online.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Futanari
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Slice of Life, Horror and certain fandoms.
A groan pours from your lips as your eyes slid open. The first thing you see is the blurry image of a blonde man standing in front of you. He appears to be wearing a red flowing coat and looking at you with a wide grin. You attempt to get up only to take note that you're chained to the wall. Glancing up once more, you realize the man is laughing. "Welcome to my world, pet." He says as he takes a step closer to you.
"Your...world..?" You manage to moan pitifully causing the red-clad man to laugh harder.

"Yes, you silly goose. My world." He says as he motions to the cell that you're currently in. Absently, you take not that there are other people chained to the walls... deformed people... "I have brought you here and... fixed you." He chuckles. "...and you will perform in my circus." You open your mouth to object, but he notices this and cuts you off. "If you refuse... Well then, you will simply end up like the others.." He says with a sense of grim satisfaction before turning on his heel and leaving the room.

What others..? You wonder to yourself. You can't help but try to imagine how many others there are... or were. You try to take a moment to process things. You were taken from your home and brought to this.. this circus only to be changed into... you don't know what. "It's best just to listen to Master..." A small voice says from across the room.

You glance up to see the voice came from a rather small girl that is also chained to the wall. You instantly note that she has black wings and blood soaked bandages covering her eyes. You think she's looking at you, but you can't be quite sure. "If you don't... well.." She paused, raising a pale hand to pitifully motion to her eyes. "Our only hope is to escape..." She said softly, a look of what could only be described as determination crossing her face.

Escape... You glance around at the others as they nod in agreement. You suppose it sounds like a good idea. First, however, you have more important things to worry about. Such as things like what that monster of a ringmaster did to you. Steeling yourself for the worst, you glance down to see what you've become...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Circus Acts
Ring Master ~ Killian ~ Azazel
"She Dark Angel Aerial Show" ~ Aveline Kimberly Angelo ~ Azazel
"The Human Snake Charmer" ~ Sable Drake ~ Azazel
"The Feral She-Wolf" ~ Lovetta Seath ~ Azazel
Magician ~ Meric Erin Donovan ~ Phi Chisym
Acro Dancer/Contortionist ~ Marietta Kipersol Rosewood ~ Phi Chisym
"The Man Who Eats Everything" ~ Michael Kaylock ~Cartoonicat
"The Little Siren" ~ Harmony Jones ~ AmerillaRose
"The Human Light Show" ~ Gydion Harvey ~ Lockheart

Last edited:
Harmony froze at the sight of the doctor, her face paling as the woman came closer to Morrsoe and herself. The tween wanted to help Marrose, she really did, but the girl learned never to cross Morticia, especially with Meric on her side. That was one of the main reasons Harmony hated the woman, she made Meric become as crazy and cruel as she is. The tween didn't understand it, why would her Meric ever be like that terrible woman? Saying awful things and being really rough with everyone, it was all that woman's fault! If she would just disappear, then everything would be fine! Meric would be normal and everyone would be happy!

Being unable to get away from the doctor nor get rid of her, Harmony started to chewing the base of her tail to comfort herself. She was focusing on not biting too hard, when I thought came; If Harmony injured herself, she could get Morticia away from Morrose. Then they could be even from this morning! Nodding to herself and waiting until Marrose's make up was finished, the siren bit down as hard as she could, her mouth quickly filled with blood and she gave a shout of pain.

"Ow! I bit myself too hard again, I'm bleeding really bad. Morticia, can you help me please?"
Harmony tried to look pitiful and held her tail to show the woman, careful to not get blood on Morrose or the vanity. She was purposely not looking at Meric, it was barely an hour and she already broke her promise to him. The girl felt her stomach twist in guilt, that just added to her pitiful look and started to tear up. The last thing she wanted was to disappoint the man, but she wanted to help her follow cast members like Aveline always did. Harmony hoped that Meric would forgive her and that her plan to distract the doctor would work because her tail was hurting more than she thought it would and bleeding more as well. She gave a small whimper, realizing she didn't think her plan all the way through.

Morticia Crevan
Doctor | Veteran | tight rope walker

The doctor could only laugh and giggle at the magician's gestures. Oh how she loves his sudden change! The beautiful red in his eyes. The sinister smile on his face. She knew she's the only one who can show the magician's true colors and she finds it hilarious and entertaining. She'll never gets tired of Meric's change in demeanor. To Morticia, it is pure entertainment. Besides, how could she get used to it when it made her feel powerful? It made her feel like she's holding Meric by the neck. One wrong move and poof! His true colors will show and the lovely demon will be unleashed.

The softness on the magician's eyes as he spoke about the marionette made her smile even more, almost to the point that she's smiling from ear to ear. Literally. To her Meric is truly a fascinating creature. Someone she'll never get tired of watching. Ahh, I can't want for my ring master to give me the orders to cut him open~ if only that day will come~

Finally turning her attention to the marionette, Morticia couldn't help but stare upon hearing her request. Even though she was smiling, her chartreuse eyes quickly became unnerving. There was a certain hint of rage and madness in her eyes that could scare anyone away. "And why would you want that, sweetie?~" she asked while taking a step closer "You're perfect just the way you are. Don't you see that?" The good doctor was tempted to bash the marionette's face into the mirror just to prove her point that there's nothing wrong with her skin. To Morticia, Marrosse was beautiful. Perfect. A masterpiece. WHY. CAN'T. SHE. SEE. THAT?!

Snapping out of her delightful thoughts, Morticia blinked and laughed. She laughed so hard that she almost shook the place down. She laughed and laughed until she couldn't breath anymore. Oh how I wish I sewed this doll's lips Finally catching her breath, Morticia wiped the stray tear away from her eye and smiled "Oh sweetie, don't worry okay? I'll take care of you and let you shine~"

About half an hour later, the marionette's makeup was done. She was proud of what she had done and she cannot wait to show it to the marionatte! "Your skin should be celebrated, sweetie. Not hidden~" The silverette then let Marrose look at her reflection. Instead of human like skin, Morticia made sure to accentuate the Marrose's wooden skin. The grooves and grains were clearly visible, the marionette's face shining like freshy varnished wood. "Don't you look amazing?~ Now please do avoid touching your face. We don't want your makeup to be ruined, do we?~"

The doctor was about to leave and perhaps play around with Meric when the mermaid started calling for her. Morticia resisted the urge to groan and hid her annoyance with yet another creepy smile. If she could choose someone in the circus that irked her, one would be Harmony. She just didn't like how the little mermaid wanted everyone to be happy. Wanted everything to be fine and dandy. Not everything is made of sunshine and rainbows, you know Ugh. Just the thought of it makes the doctor want to gag.

Morticia then made her way towards Harmony and upon seeing the bleeding tail, her chartreuse eyes sparkled with delight. It seems the poor little mermaid bit its own tail again. It wouldn't hurt to have her little fun with the female fish, would it? With her smile becoming sickly sweet to the point looking at it could give someone a toothache, Morticia then spoke. "Oh, dear. Looks like you bit your tail hard again. I wonder why~" The good doctor suddenly grabbed the mermaid's tail with brute force, making sure to dig her long black nails harder into the wound as she looked at the damage. She made damn sure that it hurts like hell before adjusting her grip and faking her concern. "oh my~ you're bleeding too much. Ring master won't like this"

With now a sinister smile on her lips, Morticia took off her hat and grabbed some ointment from it. "This will sting a little bit, Harmony. Better-, oops~~" Before she gave the mermaid time to prepare, Morticia dabbed the ointment into the wound and immediately the smell of burning fish filled the air. For a moment, Morticia was tempted to bite the tail. Harmony smelled like grilled fish! if only I can eat her tail. Ah~ that would be delightful

She used a new medication she concocted specially for the mermaid. Sure she can just use the old medicine but where's the fun in that? Besides, it burns like hell but after a couple of minutes of intense pain and suffering, the wound will close up and the tail will be as good as new. its much more efficient to the old one. And much more painful.

Finally happy with her work, Morticia let the tail go and looked at the mermaid straight in the eye, the sinister smile still on her lips "Better take care of yourself, sweetie. We don't want your tail falling off of you, would we? Although..." the doctor then leaned in and whispered to Harmony, making sure only the two of them could hear "I wouldn't mind sewing it back in place~"

Letting out a giggle, Morticia stood up straight and clapped her hands twice to gain everyone's attention. "Alrighty then~ Is everyone ready for tonight? We only have a few hours until the show starts! Break a leg everyone~~"

Michael Kaylock - The Man Who Eats Everything

Spitting out his last douse of toothpaste, Kaylock watched the water wash it down the drain. He ran his tongue over his teeth, relishing in how clean they felt. It'd been so long. He'd have gargled an entire bottle of mouthwash had he found any lying on the counter top. Maybe another day.

He looked into the mirror, mouth closed, and a sense of deja vu hit him. Kaylock didn't know what it was. Maybe fresh breath? It felt significant, like a vital piece of knowledge lay beneath a haze of bad memory. Or maybe it was his hair, softened by a good brush? The feeling overwhelmed him; blotted out most of what Sable had said. He couldn't get the image of Saturn - the ringed planet - out of his head. A picture? No, it's grey. A symbol? Etched into something. A logo?

What's going on with me? He thought, leaning away from the mirror. Kaylock wondered if those were memories or just simple apparitions created by his own imagination. He didn't remember anything from before the circus, though, so it was hard to tell. Unlocking the muzzle seemed something akin to opening Pandora's box.

Vaguely registering Sable's compliment, Kaylock grasped for it like a lifeline. "Hm..." Was all he said, the metaphorical rope slipping through his fingers. Kaylock shut his eyes instead. Hid the mirror from view.

Suddenly, the spell was broken.

He opened his eyes at Sable's question, completely forgetting what he'd been thinking of before. Something uneasy crawled under his skin but Kaylock ignored it; it wouldn't do to dwell on things he didn't understand.

Glancing towards the Snake Charmer, Kaylock dropped back into his own seat. Nodded towards the door. "Now we wait," he said. "Unless you want to make Meric's life easier by knocking on their door?" That was something Kaylock rarely did, if ever; as much as he acknowledged Meric's own role as victim in this nightmare, the magician was directly tied to the Ringmaster. Plus, Kaylock wasn't in the habit of making anyone's life easier - not even his own, if getting muzzled in the first place was any indication.

Gydion - Human Light Show

She was right. They should start preparing for the show. Or face his Master's wrath.

"Do you need any help?" he asked.

Though he did not really know how he could help. Maybe help her get dressed so that her claws would not tear the clothes? Or help her shower so that she would not hurt herself with those claws? Gydion shook his head. No! He could not be thinking about her with no clothes on, her wet body as a stream of water runs over her curves... Even this situation Gydion found hismelf blushing. Thankfully it was likely too dark for her to see.

• Love
Reactions: Cartoonicat
Harmony knew she made a mistake, but since she couldn't back out her plan, the siren made the best of her distraction. The didn't speak as Morticia came closer, allowing her fear and pain to play out on her face. The tween had learned many ways to both minimize and maximize the enjoyment from an abuser. She had to learn, or her brother would have killed ages ago from going too far, lost in his sick enjoyment of her suffering. Once the doctor grabbed her injured tail, Harmony allowed a pained gasp and panting. It was all a balancing act, between giving the enjoyment the sadist wanted and taking it away. If she never gave a response, they get bored or try even harder. If she gave too much of a response, they would continue to inflict pain until either she passed out or died.
The siren, no matter her careful thinking, couldn't stop the pained scream when the ointment was applied. Harmony had been burned before, her brother had wanted to play 'cowboys' and she was the bull. He branded her hip with a coat hanger and the stove. This pain was quite a bit worse, with it being done to her already injured tail and the smell of burning flesh. The girl forced herself to only have the one short scream, before covering her mouth and twitching in pain. She reminded herself about the balance, about how to survive this.
Once the burning had stopped, Harmony's face was covered in tears, her breath coming out as a harsh pant, but she kept her expression relaxed and submissive. She listened to Morticia's banter, not really caring about what the woman said. The teen did what she could to avoid the woman as it is, she didn't need this threats. Before the doctor left her side, Harmony stuttered out her thanks.

"T-Thank you, Dr. Morticia. I'll t-try not to inconvenience you in the f-future." Her fear was clear, but she also showed respect. Harmony knew when to make an enemy, and when not too. Once Morticia was away from both her and Morrose, Harmony whispered to the puppet.

"We're e-even now. Fr-from this m-morning, when I-I yelled at you." With her message given, Harmony turned herself around, her back facing everyone in the dressing room. She needed to recuperate both physically and mentally before she could interact with anyone again.

Marietta Rosewood – The Marionette Doll
When Morticia looked towards Marrose, the puppet felt a chill race up her spine. The woman's eyes were not as pleasant as her smile, which only caused Marrose to fear them both. Something wasn't right with that woman and she saw no vital need to find out why.

"Any broken bones you want me to fix? Or perhaps it is your skin that needed some fixing?~"

"I...um… Meric told me that someone is to help me with my makeup. I...I don't know how I'm to look, but… I would love to look more human – than wooden." Marrose wasn't sure if she could request something like that, since it was their master who choose to turn her into a wooden doll. But, it wouldn't hurt to ask, right?

"And why would you want that, sweetie?~" the Good Doctor asked while taking a step closer. Marrose froze in her seat. "You're perfect just the way you are. Don't you see that?"

Perfection is in the eyes of the beholder – not the beheld. Marrose stared Morticia hard in the eyes, expressing with as much anger and hatred she could muster within her frown just to show how upset she was at her new look, but her voice held no sound. Regardless, it didn't seem to phase the woman, who seemed to be lost in thought while her dark eyes continued to barrel down upon the puppet. All Marrose ended up with was a laugh – one dripping with madness. Marrose looked around the room, wondering if the others were seeing some new behavior in the woman – or if this was just another normal response from the psycho. For Pete's Sakes, she's laughing so hard, tears dampened her cheeks.

"Oh sweetie, don't worry okay? I'll take care of you and let you shine~"

"I don't want to shine! I want to be the real ME again!" Forgetting all about what everyone had said before, Marrose wanted to scream at the woman's inconsideration for others. She wanted to fight her way out of there and search for help. There's got to be someone out there looking for her by now! Her mom... Hell, she'll be thrilled if her crazy dad found her! Nevertheless, the idea of running still required the full use of her body – which, from what she could figure, was still controlled by her puppet master – whoever that truly was. She was still unsure if that was their warden or their creator. Nevertheless, there was no escape that she could figure from such a short time there. Therefore, holding back her tears, she patiently sat and allowed Morticia to prep her for the show.

"Your skin should be celebrated, sweetie. Not hidden~"

The chair under her swiveled, giving her a moment to capture her reflection in the mirror. Her new flesh skin looked like vanished wood. All the natural groves and texture of carved wood was now fully visible, giving her a strange, surreal presence that blew her mind. Suddenly, she felt sick to her stomach.

"Don't you look amazing?~ Now please do avoid touching your face. We don't want your makeup to be ruined, do we?~"

Tears began to billow, but she did not allow her sadness to fall from her lips. Quickly, without a word, she rushed as fast as she could towards the bathrooms before she lost more than her true beauty. It didn't take too long, since her stomach was barren. Marrose washed herself up afterwards and returned to her makeup chair, leaning back against it with fatigue. There was no fighting this thing. Not anymore…

Mortified, she watched Morticia tend to Harmony's wounds… and wished to do something to stop the woman from hurting the girl. But… she knew they had no power there, or strength to stand against such evils. All she could do was sit there to witness Harmony's personal struggle to hold back and take it, to give up without giving all of herself to the devils controlling their world.

"T-Thank you, Dr. Morticia. I'll t-try not to inconvenience you in the f-future."

Once Morticia was away from both her and Marrose, Harmony whispered to the puppet. "We're e-even now. Fr-from this m-morning, when I-I yelled at you." Then the Siren turned herself around, her back facing everyone in the dressing room.

Tears continued to fall, "I know who the real monsters are now," Marrose whispered back, wishing now, more than ever, that she'd never spoke her earlier words. Fearing any future needs to see the doctor for any reason, the Marionette just sat there watching Harmony. She didn't want to leave her alone, but knew she needed some time alone.

Meric Donovan – The Magician/The Henchman

"Thank you." Aveline softly told him with a bright smile. "It feels beautiful."

"It looks as beautiful as you, too," Meric whispered. Before he could say anything else, he heard Harmony cry out in pain, asking for Morticia's assistance. He whipped around to see what was amiss, instantly darkening as he watched Morticia converse with the girl. Something within him heated with a frustration he'd never shown towards the tween, nor would never have intentionally shown towards her or anyone else because of their situation. His understanding and consideration had left the building in sight of the blood oozing from the little Siren's tail.

"Need I inform you again about the consequences of your actions, lil' tuna?" The altered Meric moved quickly across the room towards the tank, watching as Morticia mended the girl's wounds. As the scent of fried fish rose in the air, and Harmony's painful cries filled the room, all Meric did was cross his arms and stare. "Um… perhaps seafood for lunch? Doesn't sound like a bad idea..." He turned on his heels, absent of concern, with his eyes glowing sharply and a deep chuckle floating above.

Letting out a giggle, Morticia stood up straight and clapped her hands twice to gain everyone's attention. "Alrighty then~ Is everyone ready for tonight? We only have a few hours until the show starts! Break a leg everyone~~"

Aveline's words in the air. "It seems like we're ready. Should we check on the boys?"

Giving a moment to concentrate, Meric thought of the others, sensing Kaylock and Sable waiting patiently on the other side of the dressing quarters. "Breakfast first, before breaking any legs. Shall we?"

Before anyone had time to responded – or protest – the atmosphere around them seemed to darken for a split second before light returned to their eyes. They all found themselves standing in a new room, one full of light and the aromas of fresh food and flowers. The dining tent – one just as fortified as their holding quarters, had a long table covered with a tablecloth and dressed with all the breakfast foods they could imagine. Chairs lined both sides of the table, and attendants stood nearby with pitchers of various juices for their taste. It was something that the Newcomers will not expect from their kidnapper, and definitely not something they'll want to miss. Hunger pains can be brutal.

"Dig in quickly, before time is up!" Snickering to himself, Meric moved to stand beside Morticia as he watched the performers head to the table. "No telling when your next meal might be… That all depends – on how well you behave today during practice."

Last edited: