Dark Nights: Outbreak [IC]

filephp40file17872filenameSusan_Coffey_by_Oldboy1985-1.jpg

Anissa kept to her small area as Monet and Chase exchanged words. At the mention of a gift store and clothing, her interest perked though. Sitting up from where she'd managed to curl herself up, she watched Monet leave and Chase return. Chase dawned a black wool-lined jacket that wasn't bad, but wasn't her style either. Then again, gift stores did have limited selection. She sighed faintly, "If you're comfortable it'll do, but I'd imagine you'd look better without the hood, perhaps a wool-lined dungaree jacket, but that might not be your style...then again I'm just starting in this whole 'style' thing eh" she trailed off with a sigh, "a nicer clothing store with a better coat selection definitely, but then again who cares, right? It's just about survival" she gave a feeble, slightly forced, smile as she looked straight ahead out the window. Don't look down don't look down! she kept telling herself.

So, perhaps the girl did have SOME logic in her, despite her slightly ditzy first impressions. Stretching a moment, she decided to see what other clothing and items this gift-store might have. It certainly wasn't going to be any high end fashion store, but then again she could never afford those things anyways. She just liked to make herself look pretty. She never believed she could really be the real thing, just an aspiration of hers. Plus, a coat to wrap up in wouldn't be a bad idea, she was starting to realize how cold it really was.

Chase listened to Monet spew a well put together string of profanity. It reminded him of the girls that lived on his block, the ones that would hang out at the park. They wore too much make up and their clothes were to tight. Although he had to laugh at this comparison, Monet didn't seem anything like these girls, save for the sailor talk.

"Well, I think looking fly" He said stealing a bit of her 'Lingo' "Is a very important part of survival. Besides, its gonna get cold out there, gotta have a good jacket." Chase wasn't old fashioned, he could see that this girl was running the show, and nothing had changed for him either: He was just glad to have the company.

He walked over by the window, where Anissa was. Almost as soon as he got there she began talking. She sure had a lot to say! Then Chase realized that is was probably due to the fact that she was scared of heights.

"Yea, I know what your saying." Said Chase, having NO idea what she actually was saying.. He smiled at her, flashing a nice set of white teeth. At least he was in attractive company.

" I think there was one of those designer stores down there somewhere, well not down there." He said pointing out the window "But down the hall?" He trailed off as a large explosions went off miles away in the distance. For a moment Chase wondered if leaving the tower was even a good idea.

Monet sighed, shaking her head as Chase claimed that being fly was important. She would've countered with another clever spewing of swears but she realized that his logic was sound. "A'ight, I'll go find some fly ass jacket too, tell that Anissa chick tuh do th' same son." She turned into the store and snatched the nearest jacket off the rack, it was a thick black and red polyester thing, and most importantly it lacked a hood which was the most important part for her.

After finding something nice to wear she turned to the snack area and rooted around for something she thought would taste good, settling on a bag of Wisconsin Cheese Curds and ripped it open, popping one of the chunks into her mouth and chomping down. As she was walking back out to the large windowed area she heard a large explosion from somewhere in the city. She quickly ran back over to the window and looked out, trying to peer past the clouds. She was worried that it was the AmTrack station and she'd have to spend the rest of her life in this tower.

"Did ya'll see whur that fuckin' explosion shit came from? If it was at the mutha fuckin' AmTrack station I'm usin' ya'll fo' bait and gettin th' hell up outta hur ya mean?" She shook her head again, and squatted down trying to see underneath the dark clouds. It was getting dark out but hopefully the explosion would still leave burning wreckage so they could see it later that night if the clouds cleared.