Dark Moon Guild OOC

Speaking of dice, never step on 1d4's in real life. They're essentially caltrops.

People say standing on Lego is bad, but standing barefoot on a 1d4 is enough to make a grown man cry (totally not me why would you think I did hahaha *nervous laughter*)

Reactions: Asdis Serina Jones
Excuse me while I fiddle around trying to find out how to roll xD. I shall find out myself.

I actually probably wont.

-Ashamed-

After you post, choose 'more options' and then 'roll a dice.' I'll do it in this post to demonstrate, if I get a 20 then yay for NOTHING!

Look for the 'More Options' at the bottom right of your little post box, just above where the ratings would be.

...Yeah. Not seeing it. It may be because I'm on a phone. Well that sucks.

That's probably it.

Jasmine let out a groan as she was kicked in the stomach, but it did not stop her from getting to her feet. "Time to end this." She used the last bit of magic to requip. Her armor changed into a black and red full plate with a set of matching wings sprouting out the back. It also had a black hood that cast a dark shadow over her face. Finally came the weapon with was a black and red scythe.

Wait wait wait. WHAT?! When did Jasmine become the daughter of the grim reaper or something?!

From what I've gathered from watching other shows (such as Fairy Tail, for example,) requip magic allows the user to switch between various weapons and armour in the midst of battle, and usually a requip Mage has a very wide selection of weapons and armour 'stored' in an inter dimensional vault where you can use magic to 'equip' between armour and weapons in said vault, if that makes any sense.

Scythes are pretty cool, but personally I find them pretty hard to use IRL... probably because I don't have them SKILLZ

I'm an expert in swords and bows irl, but I've tried scythes and they are to use then again so are halibreds. Its the size and unevenous of the weight.

Off topic, but which type of sword IRL? I'm quite fond of the rapier myself.

Using a scythe seems vaguely like volleyball, in my mind at least. I'm probably wrong, though. When you go to attack, it's all about speed and torque, using your weight and core to send all your energy through the ball, or through the blade and target when talking about the scythe.

To wield a scythe properly, you have to be extremely experienced mostly because the scythe is originally a farming tool. That technically makes a scythe an improvised weapon, unless you're using a war scythe which is designed to be more easy to use.

Scythes are badass, I wish I could spin one around like a pro =[

Your volleyball thing is correct, but the most punishing factor about using a scythe as a weapon is recovering from a miss. Once you miss with a scythe, the weight and streamlining of the blade will leave you off balance and completely open to an attack, which is why a quick stance easily could beat a scythe.

If you get hit by a scythe blade at full power though... yeah... bye.

Same with volleyball for the punishment. If you get too tight of a set to the net, there's a good chance that you'll get in the net and piss off the coach. That's hell all on it's own. Then there's also a higher chance of hitting the ball way out, or getting blocked. If you land in a bad spot, the blocked ball could go right down your back, bounce off your head, or get flung way back towards the end of the court.

Reactions: Jakers
Uh, I really hope that I'm hallucinating this, but anyone else notice that our IC thread got moved to Fantasy Plot Discussions instead of staying in the Jump In section? Not sure what to do...

Oh yeah....maybe you should ask a mod to move it back?

I just pmed Ozzie about it, since (s)he is a mod in Fantasy and Jump In. I guess now we'll have to wait and see.