Dark Heresy: Silent Bastion.

Part 2 is up, Haxtes will be assigned to the group once they reach the Adept's house.

Some useful info you may want to include in your posts.

The general mood of the populous is fear, those who have heard of the attack (prolly though the militia) believe port suffering is next. Stalls and people selling (prolly worthless) charms have sprung up but are usually dismantled soon afterwards by the militia in an attempt to keep moral from slipping further. Though in the pits there far too many and the militia have mostly given up keeping them off the streets.

If you need more info either I or I ozzo should have the answers you need.

*peers through the window*

-__-

Now is a last chance to join before a chapter climax, Asmo if you're putting up a sheet you should do it before the start of the scene after next.

*emerges from beneath a huge pile of plot notes*

We have one slot left: Techpriest, then I'm closing applications until chapter 2 begins.

where is WMD when you need him

Edit: I got us a tech priest.

NO ONE CLOSES THE OOC ON ME!

Caine Jericus incoming, works kicking my arse for ten or so more days, and I'm living away from home, so I'm typing my notes onto my phone. Expect the sheet up within the week

Right, I'm rebooting this. I have too much plotted for this ti slip away into the night.

EVERYONE WHO IS STILL HERE CAN RE-USE THEIR CHARACTERS OR NOT AS THEY PLEASE.

All posts before this one will be deleted in a couple of days to make way for new sheets and new posts so if you're reusing copypasta. I will be reading all sheets so you can make changes if you want.

HAPPY 11M02 everyone now back to work. Idleness begets heresy.

Name: Sister Xae Calamity
Species: Imperial Feral-Worlder
Birthplace/World: Iocanthos and Scintilla
More:
Theme Song

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Xaeeye.jpg

General Appearance: Rangy build, 1.9m and 63kg. Bronze skin, black hair, and almond-shaped orange eyes with catlike irises.
Strengths: Her faith in the Emperor is unwavering. An early childhood on Iocanthos made her tough and unafraid to get her hands bloody. What Xae wants, she usually gets, because she's incredibly stubborn.
Weaknesses: Xae's temper runs particularly hot, and it interferes with her judgment. People skills aren't her forte, unless you count intimidation and abuse.
More: Locals considered orange an unlucky color on Iocanthos.
Equipment: Sororitas power armor, livery of the Ebon Chalice, Godwyn-De'az Pattern Bolter, Chaplet Ecclesiasticus.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: To murder the shit out of every heretic she can find.
Talents: She's extremely handy with a blaster, adept in the extraction of information from unwilling mouths, and has a gut instinct for liars and heretics which doesn't often fail her.
Inabilities: She simply cannot make connections with people on any kind of basic level. She has no empathy, and no understanding of tact or delicacy.
Fears: Her largest fear is of failure.
General Personality: Xae is a big bad bitch with a serious hate-on for heretics. Temperamental, arrogant, and overzealous, she has a tendency to rub people the wrong way.
Inner Personality: To Xae, the Emperor is the guiding hand that has brought her to where she is today, and she owes everything to Him. She's never had anyone else to prove herself to or to make proud, so she devotes herself to the Emperor's will.
Secret: She's a sadist. Pleasure at fulfilling her calling isn't the only reason she enjoys killing heretics; she revels in inflicting pain and death upon those she sees as unfit to live. It's why Xae prefers violent, prolonged methods of killing; for her, it's more about the torture.
More: Xae is not overly fond of Machine Cultists or of Psykers.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Born in Port Suffering on Iocanthos, Xae was the child of two Administratum Arbites. Orphaned at a young age in a skirmish between warlords, she was adopted into the Schola Progenium and sent offworld to Scintilla, where she was raised in Hive Tarsus. Part of her Ecclesiarchal upbringing involved volunteer work at the Cathedral of Illumination. At eleven years old, Xae was performing her duties of cathedral cleaning when she overheard a Noble boy a few years her senior make a snide heretical comment; without thought, she leaped on him and impaled him with a candelabra in front of the crowd of worshippers. This nearly resulted in her execution, but despite the outrage of the boy's family, Xae was instead shipped back to her homeworld of Iocanthos to begin training at the Abbey of the Dawn to channel her religious zeal as one of the Sororitas. Xae did not take well to abbey life, and at sixteen, the Emperor smiled upon her. An Inquisitor came to visit the Abbey, and seizing her chance, Xae challenged him to give her name as a candidate for working with the Ordo Hereticus, if only she could lay one blow on him.

She was successful.

Present Life: As a Battle Sister, Xae does not work so much for the Inquisition as with it. Her hatred is so particularly strong for those who blaspheme that she has been considered potential Celestian material.

Name: Vailon Krayborn
Species: Imperial Mining-Worlder
Birthplace/World: Calistra

General Appearance: Thin, hunched, gaunt and pale, with a limp.
Strengths: Glaring
Weaknesses: Anything that requires physical effort
Equipment: Autopistol, Servo-atttached Data-Slate with Autoquill and Pict Recorder, Writing Kit, bionic leg replacement.

Current Goal/Purpose: To climb the ladder by impressing the Administratum during the 5 yearly Tithe collection.
Talents: A keen bureaucratic mind, an eye of detail, a pedantic need to control everything.
Inabilities: He is not used to fighting or physical hardship. He believes he is above such things.
Fears: Losing his status, being out of the loop, failing in his duties when the tithes are collected.
General Personality: Like most Adepts, Vailon despises human beings and sees them as inefficient obstacles in the way of good filing. Nothing will stand in the way of him impressing his peers when the next Tithe collection occurs.
Inner Personality: He was raised with an ugly-duckling complex, resenting his stronger brothers and the brute force they employed to deal with things. Vailon values only sharp wits and cunning manipulation. Anything else is the preserve of animals.
Secret: Vailon has never been with a woman and so has mixed feelings of lust and resentment towards females.

General History: Born on the backwater world of Calistra, Vailon Crayborne hailed from a family of miners who were sorely disappointed by his initial birth defects. He lacked the robust physique of his hardworking brothers, and was set for an early demise as his father deemed to sacrifice the child to the machine-spirits of the mining shafts. But Vailon was spared by his mother and raised in shunned isolation from the rest of his brothers. Vailon spent long years using his wits and treachery to get his share of rations, and when he came of age he escaped apprenticeship in the engine houses by volunteering for the Administratum offices. The initial training almost killed him, but through painful resolution he kept his mind together, and whatever rites of initation he could not pass he schemed his way around. He stole information from the other scribes; he ratted out his friends for heresy; he even had his own parents audited and executed for hoarding food. Nothing stood in his way on his ascent through the ranks of the Administatum. And when, on his 31st birthday, he was drafted to Iocanthos to assist in emergency cover for the Tithing visit, he used his considerable influence to get a permanent position under Sabetha Kosloff. Now he remains in Port Suffering, his life devoted to the 5 yearly visits of the Tithing Department, whom he wishes to impress and find employment with.