Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Agender
Genres
High fantasy, occasionally soft sci-fi with fantasy elements.
Heya, I'm Len! This will be my second ad on this site, though its the same as always with me. I have a fairly narrow taste in roleplays, but I'm always looking, so no matter when you see this, if you're interested in sibling centric roleplaying, I'm your person! Finger guns

What is this RP?
A fantasy RP centered on a cute sibling dynamic! The actual plot could be a large range of different things to be honest, from fantasy adventure to pure slice of life. I also have wanted to branch out from just my normal high fantasy setting to also try poking around with more contemporary fantasy settings, which is better for more domestic situations. The RP could be either plot oriented or entirely plotless or anything in between, I'm mostly keen to discuss the specifics with each person depending on what they're looking for. Regardless, my bread and butter will always be cute, fluffy content, and I tend to be bad at progressing plot in RP's, so bear that in mind. Some drama might be ok, but for the most part this is not a drama centric RP. Also, I tend to struggle with non-fantasy settings, so while I can do various types of fantasy I probably will have to insist on some fantasy elements at least.

What kind of themes might be explored in this RP?
Allow me to be particularly clear on this front; There will be no. incest. No romance, no weirdness, nothing. This RP is based on a cute, familial dynamic, and nothing else. Even drama, misunderstandings, etc. would require me to trust my partner first that they wouldn't be trying to take it in a weird direction. If I was to explore any more questionable or darker theme (BIG 'if' there), it would have to be tied into my particular moral stances, and I'll just say right now I have never found a partner where I felt comfortable doing that. Having said that, I will note that I am partial to androgynous or even completely agendered characters (...like me!), I don't expect or intend that to be part of this RP, but I feel that I should mention it. If you are interested in that, mention it to me and we might be able to work something out with that in the plot. If by some bizarre miracle I was talked into including maturity or romantic infatuation in the plot, it would be exclusively in a purely negative light.

Now that thats out of the way... I think I should explain what 'familial' means to me, since that should help give some idea of what I'm looking for. I understand different people have different interpretations of what a sibling relationship is and I know that real siblings can be quite varied, so it warrants explanation. To me, 'familial' bonds are based on shared innate similarities, mutual affection, effect on eachothers personality and development, and the mutual understanding and intimacy that comes from knowing someone your entire life. I am not completely averse to having drama or bickering between siblings- obviously thats a part of any sibling relationship- but overall, I want to roleplay a cute, healthy sibling relationship with emphasis on what makes that special.

As a result the main characters should be designed together with focus on their particular dynamic. Also, I will only do biological siblings; its not that I dislike adopted siblings in principle, but I find that when people want to do adoptive siblings its mostly to avoid making characters that know eachother well and have that innate similarity which completely ruins the point. Also in-law's and stepsiblings arent real siblings dont @ me

In all likelihood the RP will actually just be fully based on fluff and essentially 'filler', as that is kind of my go-to. Alot of the other themes I might have interest in exploring are things that I think we would have to know eachother fairly well before I felt comfortable broaching them, so they're not as likely to come up. I am quite fond of lighthearted adventure interspersed with cute bonding and affection. I'm also quite prone to having lots of physical affection like hugs, cuddling, etc. More serious plots arent off the table, just, maybe not as likely on account of my niche tastes and sense of morality.

What setting will the RP be in?
I am generally most comfortable in fantasy settings and tend to struggle a bit in realistic settings, so I would overall prefer if the setting is some manner of fantasy setting. Having said that, it doesn't at all have to be medieval fantasy. My main setting is called Heartlands, and that is what I am most familiar and comfortable with. Theres way too much to go over right here but suffice to say, it varies in technology level from neolithic tribes up to steampunk, depending on region. Its mostly a typical fantasy setting, but it has its own races and a website i made to show off all the lore I made for it. Plus, I have several story ideas within it, ranging from being swept up in a magical storm to end up in a strange land and have to survive, to being monster hunters in a tribal kingdom. If we do a more adventure-based RP then Heartlands is my preference since I have ideas for it, I'm more open to exploring other options for slice-of-life though. Other than Heartlands, I have some interest in developing a "contemporary-fantasy" setting, by which I don't mean urban fantasy or dark fantasy, but rather a conventional high-fantasy setting that simply has modern levels of technology. Think something like RWBY, Arknights, or the more recent Final Fantasy games.

So thats all as far as the RP basics go. As for myself, I tend to write between one and three paragraphs on most posts, though it varies significantly depending on subject matter; I will usually write like six paragraphs for a starter, and write much more during action scenes or narration than dialogue or affectionate fluff. At any rate, if you expect me to write multi-paragraph in every single post, you will be dissapointed, sometimes I just only have a small amount to say particularly in conversations. I prefer RP partners who are willing to talk OOC, since I find RP's go much smoother when I'm well acquainted with the person I am roleplaying with.

Anyways, thankyou for reading this far! I respectfully await any response with baited breath. As a final note, if you do respond, I would prefer if you DM me directly and tell me what about this post you found most appealing as that helps me figure out what aspects to focus on.

Reactions: Grimoireholder