Crossing The Line (MST3K 4ever & Scorpio Queen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kyle's former partner had been with him he would've called this evening's festivities a colossal screw job. He heard El give her command to him, and Kyle replied, "Sorry didn't quite catch that part you were kinda quiet. Could've sworn you said, 'please save my life Kyle.' Yep that's what I heard." He put her over his shoulders and said, "Sorry about the crudity of the carry, but right now there isn't time and your blood loss is getting worse. Besides how would it look if your bodyguard left you behind."

Damon and Jiles made it up and Kyle did as well. Jiles said, "I'll call Dr. Morrison. He has dealt with situations like this before he won't ask any questions." Kyle nodded and said to Damon, "Take the estate off of lock down…." Kyle could hear the fire trucks in the distance, and he figured someone on the staff called. He gave his head a slight shake and said, "Take care of the Fire Department. They ask any questions get creative. I don't think it'll be the first time you did that." Damon gave a slight chuckle with a nod to which he then was on a cell phone giving out orders. Kyle carried El up to his bedroom and laid her on his bed. He said, "Figure no use in getting your sheets all messed up." With that he ran into his bathroom and grabbed a towel. Kyle applied pressure to try and stop the bleeding.

Morrison was there in less than ten minutes with two others, several bags of medical gear, along with Jiles and two other house staffers but El was barely conscious by then. He said, "Everyone out of here." Kyle started to say something and Morrison said, "NOW!" Kyle left the room with everyone but the medical staff. He looked at Jiles who had looked like he had just seen the end of the world. Kyle motioned for him to follow him.

The two men went into what was probably the study. Kyle closed the door and fixed both of them a drink as Jiles sat down behind a desk. He shook his head as he said, "I told her not to come for me. Stubborn girl! She's been that way since her birth!" Kyle put the drink in front of Jiles and said, "It was her call she's over 21 Jiles. She insisted on doing this you are the family she's got left." Jiles took a drink and said, "Thank you for the drink…." He looked at Kyle and said, "I have no bloody idea what to call you sir. You are obviously with the FBI I've been around this family long enough to know things like this."

Kyle raised his glass and said, "Jordan, Kyle Jordan former FBI." Jiles gave a nod and said, "Pleasure sir, thank you both. To Elthrial." The two men clinked their glasses and threw back their drinks.

It was a couple of hours as Kyle and Jiles shared war stories in the Study having a drink here and there. Just then there was a knock at the door. One of the house staff members said the Doctor was done. Jiles and Kyle made their way upstairs as Morrison met them in the doorway. He said, "She lost a lot of blood. It'll be touch and go for the next 24 hours, but she's a fighter and her chances are somewhat better than 50-50. She needs rest more than anything else right now. I'll stay here in the house for 48 hours. I just need to go home and get some more supplies." Jiles said, "Thank you Dr. Morrison Damon will take you home and bring you back." Jiles walked Morrison towards Damon as Kyle made his way into what was his room, but he was guessing he would be moved to another room. Kyle looked at her in what was a hospital gown hooked up to several machines that made the typical pinging and whirring sound.

Kyle pulled up a chair next to the bed and gently took her hand. He said, "You live in a very dangerous world, and I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but one thing is for sure. I will not leave your side. I will defend you. I swear. I will lay my life down for you if need be. You could've killed me a dozen times this evening, and you didn't." Kyle gently kissed her hand and said, "You just got yourself a new soldier in this war, and they just made a very dangerous enemy."

Elthrial had wanted to protest but her body was slowly going to unconsciousness. She couldn't see the world around her anymore it was blurry. When her body was layed on the bed she went completely unconscious. She had no clue where she was or what was going on. Her mind kept her under and passed out. Also the loss of blood didn't help her.Her breathing was shallow by the time the doctor had gotten their. He had told them all to get out and worked on her shoulder getting the bullet out of her shoulder and putting blood back into her stream. he gave her two bags and cleaned up leaving her in the bed.

Elthrial in her mind was playing with her father and mother in the study. Her dad tickled her and she was laughing. She was back at the age of nine. She heard shots in the house and her dad grabbed her and stuffed her in the cupboard. She peaked through the crack and saw men come in and kill her mother then her father She held back a cry and held her mouth. she was starting to cry silently. When the men left, she crawled out and shook her mother to wake up. She cried on her mother and when she felt a hand picking her up and start walking with her. She screamed and saw Jiles walk in. he had a gun pointed at him and the gun went off. She screamed and kicked.

Elthrial woke with a jump and looked around it was confusing for her. She looked around and looked over seeing Kyle. She groaned and rolled to her side the arm that wasn't bandaged. She went to sit up and looked at him. She had one eye closed trying to focus. It had been about a week and a half she was out she had gotten a fever and infection in her wound. She groaned."Kyle?" She asked confused. she had no idea what was going on.

(Flashback to one week after the shooting)
It had been just over a week since the attack on the compound, and Kyle hadn't left El's side. Kyle had all his meals delivered to the room, he showered and shaved, and even did some workouts in the room but Kyle wasn't going to leave. She was in a coma and the Doctor wasn't over optimistic about her recover due to blood loss and an infection that tore her body to shreds.

Just then there was a knock at the door and Kyle said, "Come."

Jiles entered the room and said, "Excuse me sir, but there is a gentleman here from Universal Insurance and needs to speak with you about the fire at the stable. He insists on speaking with you first before questioning anyone else."

Kyle shook his head and was in no mood this, and was on his way downstairs ready to let some third rate insurance flunky have a piece of his mind. A week's worth of frustration was about to come out on some poor unsuspecting gentleman. As he got to the door the feeling of frustration and anger quickly vanished when Kyle realized who the insurance man was. It was Roy Briscoe his mentor and partner. Roy said, "Good afternoon Mr…" he looked at his clipboard and said, "Jordan is it." He stuck his hand out and said, "Tyler Pierce Universal Insurance would you mind answering some questions about the recent events here on the estate."

Kyle nodded and replied, "Not at all I'll take you over to the Stable Area." He looked at Jiles and said, "Looks like I won't get rid of this guy anytime soon. I'll deal with him. I got my cell phone on me any change in Miss Mortelle's condition call me."

Jiles replied, "Yes sir."

Kyle walked with Roy until they were out of ear shot. Kyle asked, "How the hell did you get here?"
Roy replied, "I got my ear to the ground. These young punks at HQ they don't know half the stuff I do in terms of being able to find things out and slipping out of town. Just so you know I'm retiring. I'm putting in my papers in 48 hours, but I needed to find out what was going on with you on my terms."

Kyle said, "Damn glad to see you Roy."

Roy replied, "Likewise kid. Okay now that's all over kid spill it. What the hell is going on?"

Kyle told him everything and left out no details. Roy "wrote" on the clipboard and when Kyle was done Roy said, "Me oh my what a mess you've gotten yourself into Kyle my boy. Sadly, it's not a mess of your choice either. I've been hearing rumors for years about this Op being on the board. It's called 'Operation: Hammerdrop' and you and Elthrial are pawns in this game. You have certain players on both sides of the fence, Mob and Feds, who don't want to see this alliance happen under any circumstances. It's unknown who all of them are, but yours and Elthrial's deaths were supposed to smoke them out or at least show a little more light on the matter." Shaking his head Roy said, "But nooooo you had to screw up those plans by living. In either case Kyle you and Elthrial are supposed to die in order for this to happen."

Kyle shook his head and replied, "Yeah silly me after all these years I've grown addicted to breathing."

Roy said, "So with all of this going on the larger question now is; what are you going to do about all this? Two things, one if you say some stupid shit like 'I'm gonna burn 'em all. I'll put a bullet in your skull. Kid I love you like you were one of my own, and you're a helluva an agent. However, this thing has been on the boards for years by both sides some novice agent ain't gonna derail this train. Secondly, you gotta think small and manageable goals."

Kyle thought for a moment and said, "Elthrial. I'm gonna get her out of this. Let the Feds and Mob have their war or whatever. I'm gonna save her if nothing else. No matter what sins she and I have committed we deserve better than being pawns in this game."

Roy put his arm around Kyle as they walked and he said with a smile, "That's my boy."

Kyle and Roy did some more small talk until they reached the front gate. Once there the two men shook hands and Roy said with a tear in his eye, "Take care kid, and good luck"

Kyle replied, "Thanks boss man."

Kyle made his way back to the house and said, "They're gonna send someone else out for more work and interviews in a few days. This was only the prelim stuff."

As the days began to almost merge from one to another Kyle began to wonder if El would ever wake up. Then came the moment she suddenly woke up. He said, "I'm here El. Try to relax I'm here." He quickly called Jiles on the phone and told him who called the Doctor to come over.

Elthrial struggled to sit up in the Bed. She was confused and struggling with the pain. She leaned her head back on the pillows and breathed out. Sweat clung to her brown and her breath was short. She had on tank top and sweats, that Jiles changed her into." Relax? I can't I must get back to working it all out." She said." However long I been out is far to long." She said and closed her eye's trying to get up. When he stopped her, She frowned and gasped at the pain. She tried to stay sitting but had to lay back down.

The doctor came in and looked over her. He gently pealed back her bandage and looked at her wound." Still slightly infected." He said. " However healing nicely. You need rest and to stay in bed." He said. Elthrial groaned and shook her head." Been in bed to long. I need to get up and go do things." She said. She however could not move her body. The doctor shook his head and looked at her, "bed rest, We can move you to your room but you are in bed for the next few weeks and that is where you will stay." He snapped at her. She glared at him."Fine move me to my bed if your going to force me to stay in bed." She snapped back annoyed. Jiles jumped in seeing how agitated she was. He sighed." It is only till you get your strength back and the infection is gone when you feel you can walk again you may do so for now rest." He was trying to make it better for her. he knew she hated bed rest and not being active.

Jiles held his hand up to the doctor." Let Kyle take her, boy hasn't left her side and if you move her she might just stab you." He said. he nods to Kyle. As he picked her up her body relaxed into him. She looked at Kyle." Thank you, really you should get some rest Jiles will put clean sheets on or get you a new room." She said as she directed him to her room. When she lay in her bed, she let out a soft sigh and lay on her bed. Elthrial watched him." Thank you for saving my life." She said." However you should get rest, look I am alive you can rest now." She smiled and sighed." I will do the same." Elthrial moved to get comfy.

Going by basic first impressions Kyle knew Elthrial wasn't going to be but so cooperative as a patient. However, the Doctor wasn't exactly a wallflower either and if push came to shove Kyle was betting the Doctor had more than a few drugs in his kit to make sure that Elthrial rested in bed. It was just a question of whether she would be unconscious by her choice, or the Doctor's. Kyle carrying Elthrial to bed wasn't something he was prepared for, but at least he wasn't carrying her out to an ambulance or a hearse. For the first few days he thought for sure that would be the case, but now that she was in her own bed Kyle noticed that she seemed to relax a bit more.

Her smile was one of warmth and joy and Kyle drank it up like he was in the desert and found an oasis. He looked at her and sat on her bed. Taking her hand gently in his Kyle said, "Just doing my job." He smiled taking her hand and without even thinking he stood part way up and gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead then sat back down on the bed. Kyle said, "It goes without saying a gave us all a scare the first few days, but it's nice to see that you're on the upswing." Kyle was unsure what all to tell El about the last few days. Specifically, when it came to Roy's visit. On one hand telling her too much right now could get her worked up and that was the last thing she needed. If something happened though and Kyle didn't tell her what he knew could lead to disaster. He let out a bit of an exhale and said, "When you're up for it I'll tell you about a visit I had from an old friend of mine." Kyle nodded and said, "Former partner who gave me some good information that we might be able to use later on."

Kyle let go El's hand and gently smoothed back her hair and said, "Later I promise I will get some rest. Right now…" Kyle shook his head and said, "I don't know who to trust here. Maybe I'm getting paranoid, but if something were to happen to you I'm not sure how well I'd handle it." Kyle stopped stroking her hair and said, "If I'm here and something happens at least I can take some responsibility." Just then Kyle realized his adrenaline rush was wearing down and he knew he was about to fall asleep. Kyle stood up and said, "I think you're right. I need some rest." He pressed a button on the phone and said, "Rotating shifts on guard patrols heavy emphasis on the area around Miss Mortelle's room. Anything happens to her everyone pays."

Kyle took his finger off the phone and made his way to a long plush couch. He kicked off his shoes and stretched out. Kyle said, "Well this looks as good as any place. Besides as tired as I am I doubt I make it back down to…." And with that Kyle faded off to sleep.

(sorry got busy)

Elthrial smiled at his lips on her forehead." Yeah, sorry about that. I do thank you for the save." She groaned and moved her body. She held his hand and looked at him. Her eye's watched him with a small smile. She nods as he tells her about his partner coming by well kinda. he didn't say why he was their. She moved to sit up on her arm as she looked at him. she let him stroke her hair flat she watched him and sighed." I will be fine just go." She said. Elthrial watched as he finally gave in. She had been in his bed, so they either got it cleaned up or moved. She watched him and how tired he had become in just minutes.

Elthrial laughed and shook her head as he walked to the couch in her room and basically commanded her men to completelywatch her room. She sighed and rolled over to go to sleep. She turned the light out and fell back asleep. She woke to a hand over her mouth. She struggled a moment and looked up when she saw who it was. He put a finger to his lips as he moved his hand away. She sat up with a lot of effort and looked over at her couch where Kyle was and nods to her closet. Elthrial got up slowly and walked to it. She pushed the man in and closed the door turning on the light." Are you insane, he has the whole place covered you could of been found dead. Why wold you put your hand over my mouth are you dumb I could of killed you." She snapped. She looked at the door to make sure Kyle was still asleep. " Look if you worried bout the cop We can kill him or turn him over." He said. Elthrial glared at him and pulled a gun from the coat next to her." Touch him and your the one I will kill or turn over to the cops. He is our only hope at actually getting out of this mess none of the cops on pay roll can be trusted. Now can you please get the living hell out of my room your my brother. I don't care if we're blood related I will shoot you." She snapped in a dark whisper. He sighed." Just came to check on my sister will talk later." He said in gaelic.She rolled her eye's and pointed to the door and spoke in gaelic to get out. He smirked and walked out of the room. She sighed and walked for the bathroom and leaned on the sink.

Elthrial wiped her face gently and looked at her bandage. She took it off and bit her lip at what it looked like. She grabbed the cleaning solution her doctor left and put it on it. Elthrial let out yelp of pain and grabbed the sink for support as she dried it lightly and put the new bandage on. She taped it up and breathed out. Elthrial was not use to, the clean up on herself. She made her way to the door. Elthrial walked to her bed and laid down with a groan. She had sweat on her forehead, she was trying to stop the pain that was getting worse after cleaning it. Elthrial pulled herself to turn on her side table light and take her phone." Jiles get the doctor now." She said, her breathing heavy as she rolled to her side and grabbed for her pain pills. Her hands fell short Elthrial closed her eye's and let her body relax to a world of unconscious, well semi. She opened her eye's when she felt hands pulled her up. The world was in slow motion and her eye's focused on the man."Elthrial what happened?" The man asked." I used the cleaner you left for my shoulder and it started to burn." She said." It feels like acid." She let him look and check the bottle." Someone changed the solution hold on El okay." He said and rubbed a cream on her shoulder."Elthrial sighed and he wrapped it." It killed the infection for sure. relax okay I want to know who has been in here before you." He said " Been here with Kyle and my brother came in earlier , but no one else that I know of." She said and moved." Will ask Jiles." He said. " Where is kyle?" She asked tiredly. She only really trusted him.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Kyle felt like he could sleep for a year. He could hear Elthrial talking to someone during the night. In the reflection of the mirror he could see it was her brother, and at the time he wasn't doing much as a threat. Besides he didn't let on but in his current condition Kyle wasn't in any shape to fight off anyone. A troop of angry Boy Scouts could probably give Kyle a run for his money at this point. Kyle was about back into a deep sleep when he heard the yelp from the bathroom.

Kyle chalked it up to El applying her meds and didn't think too much of it. It was when Donnie woke him up and said, "Kyle Elthrial is asking for you. She's in bad shape. The doctor has been called."

Kyle blinked twice and sat upright he could see that she was on the floor. Elthrial looked like the progress she had made being awake was slipping away quickly. Kyle was moving as someone else was holding her. Kyle asked, "What the Hell happened?"

The man on the ground explained what Elthrial had told him, and Kyle's jaw locked. There was a killer in the home. Kyle knew it wasn't the Doctor, because he could've easily just let Elthrial die during the operation. He knelt down and looked at the man holding her. Kyle said, "Clear out no one in or out of the grounds except for the Doctor only. GO!"

Kyle cradled Elthrial and said, "You are really making me look bad as your bodyguard you know that? If you keep ending up in situations like this." He looked at her wound and Kyle knew that this was supposed to kill her instantly. The drying out probably took enough away from her skin, but Elthrial was gonna be in rough shape for a few days. Kyle was seething and looked back to Elthrial. He said, "I will find out who did this. I promise."

The Doctor arrived and had Kyle put Elthrial back on the bed. He took a look at the wound and said, "Okay what happened." Kyle explained the situation and the Doctor said, "I'd advise against moving her, but it seems whoever wants her dead is determined to striker here."

Kyle replied, "She's staying here. This is her home." Kyle asked the Doctor about the solution Elthrial was supposed to get, and then Kyle put two and two together. Kyle knew who the killer inside the house was as he said, "I'm gonna let you get some work done. I need to check a few things." He leaned in and without thinking lightly kissed Elthial on the forehead. Kyle said, "Stay calm and listen to the Doctor."

Kyle left the room and said to the guard outside the door, "No one in or out. I don't care who it is."

Kyle was now in a sprint to the garage and saw Jiles looking as though he were loading up a car. Kyle pulled out his gun and shot Jiles in the knee and said, "You ain't going anywhere Jiles. Elthrial is still alive."

Jiles replied through gritted teeth, "A minor inconvenience for the moment Agent Jordan. Or should I say former Agent Jordan. You would do well to clear out before things get worse, and I assure you they will."

Kyle pointed the gun at his head and said, "Don't make another move."

Jiles replied, "Kill me go on, and then you have nothing to go on. Kill me and there will be more like me. Face it Jordan you don't know what I know. You have nothing to go on."

Kyle smiled and said, "Don't bet on it." Kyle fired the gun and shot Jiles in the other knee. Jiles was in several shades of pain as he screamed. Others soon filled the garage and Kyle said, "Jiles is responsible for what has happened to Elthrial this evening." He looked at one of them and said, "Take him to the clean room, dress his wounds, and then send for El's brother Daniel. He and I will be conducting the interrogation within the hour."

Kyle made his way back to the bedroom. He saw that the Doctor was about done and packing up. Kyle thanked him and had him escorted out. He sat down on the bed taking El's hand into his Kyle said, "We got our killer in the house. It was Jiles." Kyle nodded and said, "He took the meds and anytime something happened he wasn't far behind. This time he was preparing to bolt. I stopped him. Had him taken to the Clean Room. Daniel and I are going to conduct the interrogation." He stroked her hair and said, "We're gonna get some answers tonight El I promise you that."

( I am so annoyed I have written this 3 times)

Elthrial lay waiting for Kyle her shoulder was still killing her. She tried to breathe in and in hail. it was starting to become really painful. Sweat rolled down her hea. She kill who ever did this to her. She was breathing heavily trying to stop the pain her nails dug into the carpet. Her eye's focused on Kyle. She laughed slightly and coughed into pain." No this isn't you, I am being to careless with my life." She said." Should of known something was wrong when I put the stuff on..." She let out a small yelp of pain. Her head cradled in his arm, "just..find.. who..it.. is." She nods as he promised herm She sighed and breathed in.She was holding back the scream of pain, she wanted to let free at that moment she must of gotten in to her blood. She felt her body not in Kyles grip anymore, she looked around with a small panic.

when Kyle leaned and kissed her head." Kyle, Nooo." She said. She didn't want him to go. She reached for him. she only trusted Kyle with her life. She was fighting pain being left on the bed, and being patient for the doctor. she was getting frustrated and wanted to go with Kyle He was going to find who was a traitor. Whom ever it was, she wanted to kill them herself. Elthrial didn't want to corporate. however she had no choice her body had no movement to it. She was a tag doll. She could be move any which way, She cried out as he worked. He had wanted to put her under, but He couldn't he needed her up for this." Stop, please stop." She begged him. Tears mixed with sweat as she tried to stop him and move him from her arm. He was finishing up when Kyle came in. Her body was weak and out of energy. She turned her head when she heard footfall fall.

Kyle told her and she went to sit up and shake her head." No it wasn't Jiles he has served my family for years. How could you do that to him. Keep looking. I saved his god damn sorry life, keep looking." She was almost begging him to be lying. The doctor noticed her getting worked up again. " Oh hell, probably wasn't the best time to tell her, the only family she is close to is a traitor. Hold her." He said . He grabbed a syringe and had Kyle cradle her and hold out her arm. she shook with tears and tried to get free." NO NO." She screamed into Kyle. Doctor gave her the shot and let her arm go after bandaging it. El relaxed into Kyle, her body not so tense. She sniffed and hid into Kyles chest." Sedative to relax and let her mind and body rest for a few days. If she stays asleep after that it is her mind protecting her. Her psyche is to fragile at the moment. However when she wakes don't treat her any different. their has to be a balance." He said

Daniel had been contacted. He came as quickly as possible. When he stepped out of his car he was not happy. He had his own empire to run, not his sisters legacy as well, but some one trying to kill her. He would murder them if she could not. He walked up to his sisters room, He saw her curled into Kyle." What happened" He asked

There were moments in his life where Kyle went with his gut and later regretted it. Telling Elthrial the truth was now on that list. Yes, in the short term she needed to know the truth, but in her current state she certainly didn't. He knew he would have to deal with this again, because keeping her sedated for the rest of her life was not an option. Now her brother Daniel was in the room as Kyle was holding onto his sister, and while holding Elthrial felt natural and in any other situation would make Kyle feel like he was holding a treasure in this case he was fully aware he was holding a broken young woman. She was trying to hold together a Family Empire in transition, but only to find out it was an Empire full of traitors and people who wanted her dead. The only person she could trust was a rouge FBI Agent who just a few weeks ago was prepared to do everything in his power to see her and her entire family in prison or dead.

Kyle introduced himself to Daniel without letting go of Elthrial. He told Daniel everything that had gone on in his absence. For all that Kyle had told him Daniel took everything pretty well. Daniel was the oldest child and 10 years older than Elthrial. He wanted nothing to do with the "Family Business" but wasn't above using some of the connections for his Media Company, and he was the one member of the Family that no one had anything against. Kyle felt Daniel had a right to know what was going on, because was tired of feeling like he was keeping a family together that he didn't know nothing really about. Except that Elthrial was someone he wanted to protect right to his last breath. Kyle had the video of the garage shooting streamed into the room and Daniel had a look of a man who wanted revenge, but to follow through on that feeling wasn't in his nature.

Daniel nodded and said, "First off, thank you for your help Kyle. Secondly, stay with my sister as often as you can she seems to have developed a need to have you near. Third, don't conduct the interrogation with Jiles Elthrial will do that. He want him to look her in the eye to explain his actions. Lastly, don't make a move against anyone or anything. Right now things are chaotic you would be just shooting in the dark hoping we hit something. You need to regroup and refocus and figure out what Jiles knows before you all do anything else."

Kyle said, "I noticed you said 'you' a lot, and not we."

Daniel shook his head and said, "This kind of business it's not me Kyle. I don't have a taste for it. I'm right now a figure head and since I am the oldest by rule of the family I am now overseeing things until Elthrial is well enough. I really don't want the other Family members taking over right now, because their first instinct will be to go to war. We're not ready for that right now. The word of Jiles' betrayal is gonna rock this family to the core."

Daniel looked to Kyle and said, "You're basically gonna be my Capo, or Second in Command, until Elthrial is well enough to resume running things. I'm gonna be relying a lot on you to advise me for now. Just promise me one thing Kyle…"

Kyle asked, "What's that?"

Daniel replied, "If things get ugly to the point that war comes to our front door and there are no other options on the table. Promise me that you'll get my sister out of here. I know she's the head of the family and all that, but she needs to get out of here. If what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt you based on what I've read and seen, Elthrial is gonna die if she stays here much longer and I can already see a war unlike anything else we've ever known coming to pass. I don't doubt you can hold your own in a fight Kyle, but Elthrial needs a chance at life away from here."

Kyle said, "Done."

The two men nodded at one another. Kyle could feel a bond forged between he and Daniel and Daniel in just those few moments could tell Elthrial's life was in good hands. Daniel said, "Stay with her for now I'm gonna check in with everyone else, and get some rest too."

Daniel left and Kyle repositioned himself on the bed so he was laying on his back with Elthrial lying next to him. He held onto her and slowly drifted off to sleep.

(sorry my bad got slightly busy)

Daniel was staying till his sister woke and was on her feet. He got everything in order and went see Jiles a few times. He shook his head." Your an ass we trusted you. Your good as dead when El wakes.I will have her burn you alive because I want to see you suffer." He snapped and left spitting at the man. He shook his head and walked away. He went to go up and check on things. He had told Kyle to stay with his sister Justin case she woke.

Elthrialshe Doctor put her under for two days. Every day he checked her shoulder and progress. "She is healing nicely and out of the woods he told Kyle. She should wake tomorrow the medication has worn off." He said." If she does not her mind just needs time to heal itself. She loves Jiles and protected him with her life." He said. He watched El laying in the bed. She did not wake the next day either. The doctor would not worry till 2 weeks then he start to panic about her. However for now her mind was healing itself.

Elthrial was lost in her own mind. She was walking into the ball room of her house, She was in a elegant dress and she saw her bother and Kyle Jiles held both at gun point." Choose child your at a cross road." He said to her. " Meet shoot me Jiles." She said When he did. She felt cold and fell backwards. She broke through the floor like it was glass. she let out a scream and landed on the floor below with a small noise."Ouch." She said and slowly got up. Her fun shot wound gone. She walked down the blue and grayish halls. " Hello?" She asked and pulled her gun. She stopped when She dead bodie4 on pikes and held her hand over her nose. She kept walking and noticed a glassed off room. Kyle was in it. She ran slammed her hands on it and screamed " Kyle. " She screamed and tried to get to him.

Elthrial finally woke a few days later. She groaned and moved her head and body. She felt a warm body next to her. She looked over and saw Kyle." Kyle?" She asked confused. Let herself wrap around him and breathed in. she was glad to see him. El felt off and under the weather kinda but her arm hurt less.

Daniel and Kyle had done a decent job of holding things together while El was recovering. Half of the Family and their Allies wanted to go into all-out war. The other half felt that they were vulnerable and should just negotiate a truce, and that also included handing El or Kyle over to the Feds or one of the other crime families. Daniel and Kyle though felt this was a time for patience. They could go to war, but against whom? They had no clue how far this cabal went, so they could be fighting against unknown enemies as well as known enemies. Surrender was not in the cards either, because Daniel said it wasn't and El deserved a chance to prove herself. Kyle was in their good graces so as long as Daniel and El were around Kyle was living and breathing.

Kyle felt a mixture of anger and guilt. Anger at the betrayal of Jiles and the Feds, but guilt for telling Elthrial in her condition about Jiles' betrayal. He knew that she would find out sooner or later but hearing it from him as she did Kyle was hating himself for that one. Daniel was out almost every night doing what he could to keep the peace and Kyle didn't dare leave El's side. He showered in the same room, ate his meals, conducted business over the phone in there, and slept next to El in the same bed every night.

Then finally came the day that El woke up. He wanted to call Daniel and tell him right away, but he decided to enjoy a moment alone with El. Kyle gently embraced El and said, "I knew you'd comeback. Welcome back El I've missed you." Kyle stroked her hair slowly and said, "When you're more up for it Daniel and I will tell you everything that's gone on, but for now just get some rest."

Kyle gently shifted enough to reach his smart phone, and with one hand he sent out a text telling Daniel and The Doctor that El was awake, but not to say anything to anyone at the time about it. Kyle knew that the other side wanted El dead, and her still being alive was forcing them to reevaluate things at the time. If word got out they might interpret that as a sign that it was time to attack while everyone was so happy about El waking up. Besides Kyle had just spent the last few days playing Mafia Man and was determined to enjoy a moment or two alone with El.

Elthrial lay hidden into Kyle, Everything came flooding back to her and even her nightmares. She breathed in and bit her lip to keep from trembling. She was upset, but had to turn it all off. Her emotions, her kindness. She wasn't stupid. She would not start a out right war. She however would kill Jiles and she would make sure it was painful. For his disloyalty to her family. El was glad Kyle was next to her. He made everything feel a little better. Her body automatically moved when he did. She did not allow him to get further away from her then she would care for.

Elthrial finally moved, from clinging to Kyle." I need to go shower." She said finally. She leaned over and kissed his cheek with out thinking about it. She stopped." Oh umm sorry." She said. She went to get up to shower. She grabbed clothes and showered. She washed her shoulder gently. when she got out she looked in the mirror and made a small face. She looked horrible, El pulled on jeans and a shirt. She pushed her feet into boots and did her hair and make up. She walked out finally and went to sit at the edge of her bed. The doctor had come he looked her over and asked her questions On the last question Elthrial snapped " I am fine, just let me go." She said and stood." Tell the maids to clean my sheets. Kyle with me to go talk with my brother." She said. she walked with Kyle to see her brother, She sat at her desk as they told her. Her eye's were dead as she listened." Bring me Jiles to the clean room you two will be present." She said. She stopped Kyle a minute " I want to thank you for being here and staying at my side. I would like you to continue to be at my side, night and day." She smiled at him, her expression gentle. El walked to the clean room with him.

Elthrial saw Jiles and walked over. She strapped him in as he tried to convince her Kyle was lying. She slapped him cross the face." Don't lie to me Jiles." She said coldly. She held his head to face her." Why hmm, why the hell did you betray me and my family?" She snapped. Jiles smirked and laughed." Well I have always worked for the other side. they pay more and I got to kill your pathetic parent's, I didn't see you right away or you be dead as well." He said. El breathed in and lifted her arm to pistol whip him. She stopped shaking and stepped back. El walked to grab a knife instead. She walked over to him no words. She grabbed his right ear and pulled as she sliced it off. He screamed out and she looked at him," You will die tonight, that my dear Jiles is a fact, now how painful will it be well let's just say that is the beginning and it will end with you burning out in the back yard for the whole entire Mortelle family to see and witness what will happen to traitors and those who oppose me. Now shall we begin anything you want to tell me, may make this less pain full." She said as she dripped acid like substance where she had cut off his ear. It was a long night, Jiles told her everything. She had him dragged to the back. She grabbed the torch and walked up to look at him." This man has betrayed our family, He will not be buried or killed with a gun shot. it is to quick for his crimes against this family he will burn until he dies. You will all stay and watch or meet the same fate." She aid as she glared at the man before her. she lit up the sticks and stepped back. Her brother to her left and Kyle to her right. She gently slid her hand into Kyles.

If it were any other time Kyle would've enjoyed Elthrial's company. The smiles with a soft and gentle nature with them, her asking him to stay by her side, and even the kiss on the cheek. However, this wasn't any other time this was a time of war, and they were preparing to deal with a traitor. A traitor of the worst kind, one who was viewed as being family. Watching Elthrial literally cut into Jiles about a month ago would've repulsed Kyle and he would've tried to stop it. Now, though this was business as usual for Kyle and his new way of life. There was no going back to the old one for him. As he watched Elthrial go after Jiles there was a coolness in Elthrial's style. Yes, she was angry and she should've been but that anger never made her careless. This told Kyle that not only was Elthrial was pretty well back to normal, but that she was changed through this whole experience.

Kyle was not surprised that Jiles began to beg for his life as the flames crept closer and closet. Not even for a second did Kyle even consider telling Elthrial she should stop this. Kyle hated disloyalty in all its forms. If one said that they were on a side they needed to stay with them all the way without hesitation. Those who were gathered either watched in horror, passed out, vomited, or merely nodded in agreement. Once Jiles stopped screaming Daniel walked in front of Elthrial and Kyle. He said, "It appears that you two have things under control. I'll be leaving in the morning I'll probably be gone before you all get up. if you need anything call me." Daniel embraced Elthrial and said, "Love you sis. Good to see you up and about." Daniel walked over to Kyle and shook hands with him. He said, "Glad you're with us Kyle. I know Elthrial is in good hands." Daniel leaned in and said, "Take care of her please."

Kyle replied, "I will." With that Daniel was gone and most of the staff took that as cue that it was okay to leave. They did so and Elthrial and Kyle were left with just a couple of others. Kyle looked over as the fire was slowly dying and said to the other standing there, "Clean it up." They nodded as Kyle folded his fingers gently around Elthrial's hand. Once he had a hold of it Kyle said, "Let's take a walk." As they began to walk Kyle told Elthrial about Roy's visit and how they both were being set up by both sides and were supposed to already be dead. Once he was finished they were standing on top of a hill overlooking the private lake near the barn that was in process of being rebuilt. He took Elthrial in his arms and said, "I have one goal now in all of this." Kyle looked down at Elthrial and said, "I'm going to get you out of this alive. They won't succeed in trying to kill you Elthrial I promise you that." Kyle stared into her eyes and rested his forehead against hers.

Elthrial watched the flames get closer and closer as he screamed for her to stop. No one begged her to stop or to free him. Her brother watched with as much malice and Vengance as his dark sister. she was the one to take over and be ruler of the underworld. He had no business here, he did what he could to be their for her, yet he wished she would also get out and be safe and live her life many She was however groomed for this, she had been since she was a child. She was the only one who showed promise out of the Mortelle children.

Elthrial heard the vomiting and sounds of people passing out. She felt a tug on her lips of a smirk She turned when Jiles went quite. She smiled at Daniel, She hugged him tightly. " I love you Daniel, just good to see you." She said. He slipped his hand into hers and slipped her a note. She took it and slipped it into her sleeve." Be safe and leave soon." He said before he moved to Kyle. she listened and looked around. She saw the other's avoiding her gaze. Elthrial approved, she looked at the note her brother had given her and breathed in. He told her to leave and get out. she put the note away and looked for her brother. What did he know. He knew something and she find out.

Elthrial smiled when Kyle spoke and walked over. Her worry hiddenot, she nods at the other's to follow his order.She took his hand and follows him. They walked to the lake and she looked at him. She sighed when he took her into his arms. He said he had one goal now." Oh?" She asked and smiled when he answered." Good goal might prove a bit harder then you think." She said. Her forehead pressed gently against his. She looked into his eye's and watched him gently.

Kyle gently kissed Elthrial and once he was done said, "Hey you're all I got left. There are those in the family who would love to see me dead, my own agency was prepared to offer me up as a sacrifice, no way my parents would welcome me back into my own family after what I've done, so that leaves only you for me." He looked at her and said, "Besides after all I've been through trying to make sure you didn't die over the last few weeks…" Shaking his head Kyle said, "It would make me a real jerk if I let something happen to you now. Not to mention Daniel comes off as cool and calm, but if anything happened to you that's on me. I don't think he would be too forgiving."

As they continued to walk on Kyle said, "Okay first thing is first we need to figure a way out. In terms, of where we can go, what we can do, and things of that nature." He looked over at Elthrial and said, "I know that you probably don't wanna run from this, but El it's time to face reality we have targets on our backs. The one thing that everyone involved in this can agree on is that killing us is their top priority. Now I don't about you but if someone doesn't want me at a party I'm not too proud to walk away." Kyle let out an exhale and said, "I'm not one to run either, but right now it's just you and me against several crime families and the Federal Government. Not to mention we have no clue who we can trust either, so I say we get out of the way and let the two sides wipe each other out as they blame the other side for their plan not working."

Kyle stopped and embraced Elthrial and said, "Unless you got any other ideas."

Elthrial kissed Kyle back when his lips met hers. She locked her lips to his and just sighed when he pulled away. She looked into his eye's, trust and love their for him. She only trusted him. She listened as he started to speak"Yeah I have you and my brother I can trust. Well I trust Damon I have no reason not to." She said" Yes we know your wanted dead, however so am I from what I have witnessed." She said. She smiled and kissed his cheek." That leaves you for me as well. I trust you with my life more then any one I have ever known." She said. " Yeah Daniel make sure he end you himself, little bit vengeful." She said and smirked gently. She was teasing him.

They walked and kept walking she almost stopped dead when he said way out. she hoped he meant the situation and not leaving her home or position. He continued and she did stop to look at him. she waned to scream are you mad, he had a choice. she did not. This was what she was meant to do. This was her home and legacy. She couldn't let her parents down or give this up. It was the only life she had known. She glared at him and breathed in softing her gaze. She hugged him and thought on it. She didn't know anything but crime. That was what she was good at. She couldn't start over and just change her name and hair and work a job. She was not that person.

" No, no other ideas." She said through clenched teeth. She hugged him and sighed. El was just thinking on it for now. She sighed." I need sleep." She said finally. she was drained and her shoulder hurt slightly. it was just residue pain.

As Kyle listened to El he began to realize something. While he was already an outcast on many levels and accepted his fate El wasn't an outcast like him. She still had family and it was a semi-plausible thought that they were ready to do what they could to help her out. They had plenty of chances before to kill her before Kyle even showed up and didn't do it. He said, "I know that what I've told you isn't easy for you to accept, and I don't blame you on that. Right now though I am thinking here and now and every instinct says run before they hurt you."

Kyle pulled her a little closer and said, "We don't have to figure this out right now, but it's sadly something that can't be avoided for too long either. Sooner or later they're gonna try again and this time they will be ready for me to intervene." Kyle closed his eyes and rested his head on top of El's and said, "I have a couple of options, but for now I don't wanna think about them or talk about them. Besides you and I have had a busy enough day."

With that Kyle scooped El up into his arms and said, "Let's go get some rest. "Kyle walked back to the main house with El in his arms and back up to the room where she had been staying. The staff had already come in and taken care of changing the sheets and trying not to make it look like a make-shift hospital room anymore. Kyle laid El gently onto the bed and he laid next to her pulling her close. He said, "We'll try to figure somethings out in the morning and you might even be able to help me out with them." Kyle began to gently stroke El's hair and he said, "Right now let's just get some rest, and the first person who wakes us up before eight am is to be fired on the spot."

Elthrial squeaked as she was picked up by him. It had mildly suprised her. She just wrapped around him and let him carry her to her bed. Hence their El yawned and got comfy. Her body was wrapped around him, Elthrial sighed and laughed as she wrapped around him. His hands running through her hair actually felt amazing. She normally did not like people touching her like this. However his hand in her hair felt amazing. she moved her lips to his and kissed Kyle." Thank you." She muttered. She fell asleep on his chest her body as close to him as possible. Elthrial dreamt of being locked in a dingy rat hole She was trying to get out and found the bars but couldn't push them up.

Elthrials dreams changed to her running through a warehouse her heart was racing , she was looking for Kyle. She stopped when she heard voices. She went to investigate and saw Daniel and Kyle locked away. She slammed her hands on the glass. She screamed for them to help her. They seemed not to hear her. she turned when she heard a metal gate groan and turned to see a giant animal. the lights turned on and the other two saw her. She screamed and slammed her hands on the glass for help their was no weapons around and she had a chain in her foot. The beast went to lunge at her and Elthrial jumped awake. Her breath came in quickly and she looked around and groaned.She went to hide into Kyle with a small sigh. she sniffed and clung to him.

Elthrial had trouble going to sleep after that. she just hid into him. She finally fell asleep around 4 in the morning. he body was basically laying on him. Her body was stretched out and all over him. Elthrial was not letting Kyle get a inch from her even in her sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.