• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's totally fine! I'm down with that but I'd like to keep my character to be human though, if that's okay with you guys?
Anything you do for your character would be completely optional. So, it's fine by me. On the other hand, I may make some interesting design choices for myself.

Reactions: Windsong
Hah, after I saw the first post a couple of ideas popped into my mind. Scrolling down through the page, I found that my ideas had already been discussed. Y'all're psychic, or something. O.o

Anyways I like the idea, definitely interested! Those ideas I'm talking about involve an alien medic who is really good at what he does, but is also terrifying hasn't got the best bedside manners.

Sorta like Zoidberg, I guess. But not as funny.

I could never be that funny.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Alright, does anyone think it could be possible for someone to RP as the Manticore? Or would that just ruin the tension/mystery?

Alright, does anyone think it could be possible for someone to RP as the Manticore? Or would that just ruin the tension/mystery?
Ruin the tension.

Could always just leave it as an npc that's rarely seen but often they see its presence, claw marks, fluid, etc.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Dropping interest here - are we looking for a full crew of players or will some people double up if there are empty slots?

Dropping interest here - are we looking for a full crew of players or will some people double up if there are empty slots?
Given the number of interested players, I can start the OOC anytime and fill the empty slots later. That, and if anyone decides to make multiple characters they are more than welcome to.

• Thank You
Reactions: ze_kraken
I definitely agree, having the main antagonist played by a person - especially when the nature of said antagonist is supposed to be sorta vague and mysterious - wouldn't be the best idea. The whole 'flashes of tail whipping around the corner' and 'predatory growl coming from the darkness' don't work quite as effectively when somebody is writing everything that our players can't see as well.

I also have no problem doubling up characters if we need more slots filled!

I'm thinking I will go for the pilot and/or the surveyor (with pilot as first choice).

As far as a general "tech level" are we looking at a more-polished Aliens? Or will it be truer to the sort of 80s-in-space style the film had?

80's-in-space sort of style. After all, what's more horrifying than no internet connection?

Well, internet...just broadband..

The noise, it haunts me..

So dark, gritty, under lit, dirty..

None of that super squeaky clean mass effect.

Awesome. Space shouldn't be clean.

Dial-up. That's the term. Don't know why I put broadband, but then again, I only had to put up with it for about two years of my conscious memory.

FTL communication would be up to the GM. Otherwise I'd imagine it being incredibly limited. No movies and video, just brief texts.

But that's just borrowing from Alien again.

I can imagine, between Earth and most other exoplanets, communication would still take weeks/months/years to travel.

I imagine that'd be a necessity, otherwise video footage of the alien would have been sent already (that, or we can come up with a cunnin' reason why they didn't send the message properly).

Then again, our own ship would also take years to get to our destination. This gives me plenty of material for working out at least 3 more mysteries in the plot! ^_^

Reactions: Windsong
Status
Not open for further replies.