Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by TheNeverThere, Aug 22, 2009.

?

Which movie do you want to see the most?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2009.
  1. 9

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Ponyo

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. District 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Inglorious Bastards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Here is a place to talk about the upcoming movies that you plan on seeing, or are at the very least interested in.

To start us off, I plan on seeing 9, the latest movie directed by Tim Burton. With it's post-apocalyptic setting, stunning CGI, and amazing story, this is the must-see film of the year.

[align=center]
    [/align]

2. PONYO!

I watched it yesterday.... I WISH I WERE A FISH!!

3. How was it? I'm thinking of going once I get some cash.

4. Ah. I should probably know these things by now, with how often I do this.

My long-standing record without a night's sleep is nine days, but that's with the occasional daytime nap, for a total of maybe...a little over ten hours in the whole thing? Somewhere around there.

5. Ponyo was good! Well, it was very random and disjointed and WTF in true blue Miyazaki style... but very wonderful! I think this review is spot-on:

6. Last two movies I've seen were Inglorious Basterds and District 9.

Inglorious Basterds is a delectably twisted comedy, despite the serious nature of WW II. Brad Pitt needs to do more comedy in my opinion. In true Tarantino style, Basterds is done in chapters, the whole story told from several viewpoints and culminating in a firery end punctuated by gunfire and screams, with a sadistic moment shared between Pitt and Christoph Waltz. It's not completely gory but just enough.

As for District 9, I rather liked how they swapped between documentary style and sci-fi action. It plays upon the prejudices against that which we do not understand, mixing in references to Apartheid South Africa with the prospect of First Contact with an alien race. The prejudice towards the 'Prawns' as they are called is very apparent when you hear how the MNU agents refer to the residents of District 9, especially MNU's First Battalion, their special operations force. Some may be grossed out by the Prawn in general.

I should probably mention I had calamari before I saw this movie, so all I could think of was shrimp poppers and po' boy sandwiches.

Any who, D-9 related images...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up: 9

7. Shit, guess I'mma need me someone who can dip in and out of conversations randomly, given my work schedule.

Maybe someone who passes out a lot or gets distracted.

Because of alcohol.

*grins*

8. Watched G.I. Joe. Looked fake, failed to pump my adrenaline.

Plan on watching: District 9, 9, Astro Boy, and PAWNYO

9. This is why I love hate you

10. 9, Inglorious Basterds, Alice in Wonderland. Been told not to see GI Joe, probably will still rent, though.

11. Ok, I'm gonna put up a poll to see which movie of three is most aniticipated. Maybe we can even get a small blurb in the newletter. I'll change the poll every about two weeks, with the previous winner staying, provided it hasn't come out in theatres yet. THe first poll will be an exception, though, as I will include Ponyo.

PS: And now I've just realized that I can't add a poll...Hmm...must talk to Diana to see if something can be done...

PPS: Aaand I just solved my own problem. False alarm, Di. Anyways, I know I said I'd choose 3, but IB and D9 were both mentioned an equal amount of times, at least by my count. Anyways, let the voting begin! *a boxing match bell dings*

12. I saw District 9 - awesome. First half had me on the edge of my seat and the second half had me cheering all the way through. Can't wait until it comes out on DVD. I am so buying it.

I am anticipating Tim Burton's '9'. I really do love his works. And Alice in Wonderland too.

I heard Inglorious Basterds was a really good movie. Good dialogue and entertaining too. I'm also looking forward to Avatar: The Last Airbender and also Avatar. And 2012. I saw the trailer to Surrogate while watching District 9... seems okay... though it reminds me of another movie that I can't remember the title of...

13. The Last Airbender!!! <33 I want to see it so bad.... Ack... *sits and waits a whole year...*

14. Inglorious Bastards!!!!!!

15. I wonder how Last Airbender will do. After all, it's based off a cartoon, and being directed by M. Knight Shamalan, who generally does suspense/horror movies.

16. It will have a TWEEST as usual.

ZUKO! I AM YOUR FATHER!

17. That's what I'm afraid of...

18. OH MAN I HOPE AANG DIES

LOLOLOL

19. It's gonna be terrible, of this I have little doubt.

Mind you, I didn't like the cartoons, anyways....

20. AVATAR... the one with the blue people and mechs...