Come Follow Me...

James caught the bananna he was asailed with clumsily. He placed it down on the computer desk. "That makes me the King of Beer. The Buyer of the Sacred Beer. That is why you are the Leech of the Beer." he said laughing and taking another sip. He decided to leave Oscar to his own devices and sat on the couch in front of the television. "Family Guy's on, Pet, if you're interested." he said putting his feet on the coffee table.

She wrinkled her nose. "Nah - I'd much rather see what you guys are doing." She paused. "What are you guys doing?" She was curious.

Lily hopped off the counter, and ran through the room, and jumped, landing on top of James, giggling.

"We say do not look over my shoulder when I'm working." he said as the strange message flashed om the screen again. "No open processes, no corrupt services. theres nothing running that should cause this. As far as I can tell the system is healthy... Of course unless Icarus was already in the system. Built into the operating system or efi firmware and activated with this code... that would mean the corporations are in on it. When I get back and publish this the truth will be heard. Nothing stops the thruth. The truth finds a way."

"Jesus!" he said as Pet landed on him with an audiable grunt. "I'm not a God damn trampoline, Lily!" he said with a strained chuckle from being winded. "Well, as for what we are doin', Oscar is trying to fix a virus on my computer. It doesnt seem to be doing anything major other than turning the screen black and displaying garbled text. If anything its a bit of an annoyance, really. But the strange thing is, if it wasnt serious, then Oscar's computer wouldn't have it. So in short, I have no idea what this thing is." he said, all the while staring into the idiot box in front of him.

Lily giggled, and slid off him to sit on the sofa beside James. "I don't understand the fascination you two have with computers and their mechanics - but then again you are guys, so I guess it comes with the gender." She teased him, and picked up the television remote. "Is The Big Bang Theory on?"

Oscar picked up his laptop and retreated to the kitchen as he looked at system logs on the screen "I need quiet, I need to concentrate." he ran his fingers though his hair in frustration. This was headache inducing. Then he yelped and dropped his laptop.

C͉ͧ̅͆ͩo̡̹͍̼ͬͤͨ̌̋̽̿̕m̸̜̗̱̙̞̱̘̬͖̔ͤ̃͑̓͢e̍̌́ͧ̈́ͩ͏͚̼ ̢͖͉͍̠̺͕ͬͬ̎͒ͮf̸̥̜̠͔̤̯̯̆ͧ̂̔ͭ̏͘o͉̩̪͕̳͔͗͋ͦ̅̿̾l̢̡͈̗̜̺͈͐̋̐l̋̅͆ͤ̓ͣ̚҉̭̰̳͚̙ͅͅo͚͓̠̻͉̼̱͓͛͝w̙̾̈́ ̡̤͓̘͔ͪͩ́̌̓͊͗͊̔m̸̡̠͕̹͇̼̘͑̆ͪ̔ͯ̇ͪͣ͡ͅe̜̳̠̼̺͖͒̌̚ͅ ̨̳̱̘̮ͣͣ͂̔ͨ̋ͤ̕Ơ̜͆͝s̶̸̠̰̜̝̦̮̬ͯ͂͌̇c̻̘̐͛ͮͅä̠̗͚̞ͯͣ̍ͪͥͤͧ͑̕͜ŗͫ͆̔̃́͌͏̨̩̘̣̙̙͇

He was sure his name hadn't been on that computer anywhere and he has removed the laptop's camera and microphone. But now the laptop was a ruined mass on the floor and he was kneeling over it.. unsalvageable.

As Pet slid off his lap his head jerked towards her. His hair that fell about the length of his upper back was caught in a button on her blouse. "Ow!" he yelped, pulling a strand of hair out from around her button. He realised the channel was changing over to Big Bang. "Now it's the Changer of Channels, is it Pet?" he said jokingly. He took another sip, finishing his beer and placing the bottle on the coffee table. "Oh lord and master of the television! Have pity on my soul!" he said making mock bowing motions toward her. He heard a crashing sound. It was Oscar. He was knelt over a broken laptop. "Oscar, are you okay, man?" he said getting up off the couch and walking toward him.

She bit her lip to stop herself from laughing, and waved her hand like royalty. "Yes - I am Queen of the TV and you must obey me - even if this is your house."

Lily glanced into the kitchen as she heard a large crash, and inquired, "What died?"

Oscar shook his head, he had to have been seeing things. There was no way the screen could have shown his name. "Any hope of figuring out what this thing is. Thats what died." he called back. But there was hope... James' computer! He was back in the living room and plugging the hard drive back in in a trice and booting from the same PE drive. "Come on Icarus...." it started up normally and he opened up his programs and searched Jame's hard drive but there was no sign of the virus anywhere. It was like it deleted itself. Though it it were int he firmware it would still be there, lurking.

"Its gone..." he said sounding disappointed. "Or I cant find it anymore..."

"Come on, man. Leave it alone for a while. You've been at that stuff way too hard, lately." James said, placing a hand on Oscar's shoulder. "Come and hang out with me and Pet, man. We can have a good night together, just us friends knocking a few back and just having a good time, man." he said calmly but with a tone that denoted the slightest ammount of irritation. "And if there isn't anything to watch on TV, Pet always has boobies to ogle aimlessly at." he said, his tone turning to a more joyous one, prepairing to be struck on the head by Lily.

Lily just rolled her eyes and remarked sarcastically, "And I thought that men had evolved into more mature beings." She settled down onto the sofa and was quickly immersed in The Big Bang Theory.

"Well, I don't know about that, oh great Boobed One, She whom is Evolved Above Men." he said making a posh-guy pose. He sat down next to her on the couch. The Big Bang theory was tollerable enough for him to get through an episode with a few giggles but not much else. "Come and take a load off, Oscar." he said leaning back over his shoulder as he sat down.

Lily watched it avidly until the break, and she turned to James. "So.... where's your girlfriend today?" She raised an eyebrow - usually you would never see James without his girlfriend Perrie by his side.

Lily hated Perrie though - she found the tiny blonde annoying and bitchy.

"Me and Perrie broke up a week ago." he said like it was nothing. "She was just too damn demanding. Not to mention bitchy. I guess that's what I get for picking girls up at the club..." he said sighing. "Besides, she was more like a condom." he said pausing briefly. "Spent more time in my wallet than she did on my junk." he said giving a 'heyo!' at the end.

Lily sighed. "Well, you know perfectly well what my opinion is of her - a two-faced, tone-deaf bitch who hasn't got a single decent bone in her body." She had expressed this opinion to James many times before.

"Down kitty! Put those claws away." he said immitating a hiss. He laughed as he said it did made a claw with his hands.

She slapped his hands away with a laugh, and shrugged. "It's the truth, and I'm not going to sugar-coat it. You should know me better than that."

"Yeah, I know you well enough." he said with another sigh. He looked over at the clock. it had just clicked over to 9pm. Heavy liquor time. "Well, I'm up for some heavier stuff." he said getting up off of the couch and wandering to the fridge. He pulled out a bottle of the good stuff. Sailor Jerry's Spiced Carribean Rum. He poured himself a small ammount in the bottom of a glass and threw two icecubes in the bottom. "Want anything, Pet?" he called to the next room where Lily sat in front of the television.

"Yeah - pour me some of whatever you are drinking." She grinned, and turned back to the TV as Big Bang Theory was back on.

"Comin up!" he said as he poured her the same. He walked back into the lounge room and placed her glass on the coffee table and climbed over her to sit in his previous spot. "Drink it slow, Lilly. We dont want a repeat of you're last birthday." he said. She was usually susceptable to the effects of alcohol so he had to be ready for just what it might do to her.