City of The Damned

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe so, although I'm not sure. Kind of hard to tell when we've not started. I don't even know who's left that's still interested in playing

I'm also interested in this plot. Any idea if the creator is still planning on putting the breath of life into this RP? Also, it would be nice to get a little better of an idea of what Society deems as "beautiful" and "normal" - especially if, as I believe the intro states, the Society members have obesity problems - would that make obesity beautiful and something to strive for? Otherwise, wouldn't they just throw them out? I wasn't quite sure if you were going the route of: power and riches = more resources = obesity is strived for, or if obesity is an attribute that can lead to one being kicked out.

Either way, I'd love to hear a little more about what Society deems "normal" or not -

Hannah Sullivan: City of the Damned

Physical Description: Hannah has golden blonde hair that is always twisted and braided into intricate designs that are both beautiful and functional. Her skin tone compliments her hair and brings her light blue eyes into the focal point. Hannah has numerous ear piercings on each ear and often can be seen carving new designs out of wood and other material scraps to be worn as decorations. Although she has plenty of randomly placed tattoos, the two that can always be seen is the tattoo going down her spine, and the tattoo on the left side of her face. Though Hannah's facial beauty is something that even Society would approve of, she is neither tall nor short, thin nor fat, strong nor weak. Common, is how she would describe herself, though she hasn't always been that way.

Personality: Many survivors can be seen with a quiet, reclusive demeanor; as can be expected when dealing with such trauma and hardships. However, Hannah deals with stress and anxiety in quite the opposite way. When stressed, tired or stretch beyond her breaking point, Hannah will release these tensions by acting out and reaching out. Whether it be singing by the campfire, telling inappropriate and sarcastic jokes, screaming and throwing things around, running for long distances, etc. Hannah's emotions can be felt by all around her. Often times, she also uses these methods to cover up the fact that she may be depressed or very sad.

Character Background: Hannah is fairly new to the outside of Society. She grew up within it's lovely walls, submersed in the culture of perfection and idolatry. Even though Hannah considered herself beautiful, she found herself dyeing her hair lighter, bleaching her teeth whiter, and eating less to try to reach that unobtainable goal. Hannah's parents were proud of their only child and watched her grow into adulthood. Her parents were more than proud when she married a beautiful and well respected man named Luke. They had a picturesque wedding, with absolutely no monetary constraints. However, this Hallmark greeting card ended on their wedding night when Hannah discovered her new husband had a prosthetic leg. Since Hannah had grown up knowing nothing other than the rules and views of Society, this deformation was unacceptable. She immediately fled their house and turned him into the police. The police raided their beautiful home and did the unexpected. They exiled Hannah, along with her husband, from the city.

In the days to come, Hannah became un-doctrinated from Society's way of thinking and fell deeply in love with Luke. Hannah has been away from Society for five years. Luke died within the first year of their exile because of the lack of medical treatment available for him. Many of the exiled do not treat Hannah kindly, seeing as she was not exiled for any fault or flaw of her own. This is why Hannah has marked her face with a tattoo; to show that she no longer identifies with the morals and values of Society.

Weapon of Choice: Smarts. Quick Thinking. Brains over Brawn. These are concepts Hannah learned quickly in order to secure her survival once Luke died. She isn't particularly skilled with hand to hand combat, or any type of ranged weaponry. However, she does try to carry her bow and arrow at all times; at least she can survive with this weapon. However, books and using her head is her favorite and most practiced "weapon" of choice.

Photo Credit: atashi-tada; deviantart.com

Last edited by a moderator:
@Requiem @Silverwolf @Disenchanted @Saryta @The King

Sorry guys! Christmas is never a good time for me and this year one just quite literally went to hell. Then when I moved back to my apartment on the west coast the day before the really nasty storms hit, the city almost got flooded, and the internet at my apartment and most of the WiFi around the city was all knocked out.
I'll try to track down the post was getting ready, hopefully I'll have it up tonight or Sunday evening.
I'll get the ad circulating again as well to try and stoke up a little more interest. Everyone with a profile up is accepted; welcome aboard and my apologies for the delay. I'm not usually like this!

@Cortexiphan Girl: Obesity is only beginning to become unacceptable to Society. It's only in recent times that a true weight loss pill has been created, and since it's only available to the upper echelons, it's been slow to trickle down but is quickly becoming 'the' thing. Beauty in Society is a twisted combination of everything excessive about the high society of the 18th and 19th centuries and modern haute couture.

I have a few questions about the character that I want, min. If i shoot ya a PM Absinthe?

@The King Fire away. I'm here for a little while longer. :)

I'm interested, ith that said, fuck energy weapons of any kind. You want you mech to have a laser gun? Fine. I'll just strap a pair of GAU-8 Avengers on it and kick ass XD Just a general prejudice of mine. Don't mind others using them though. And yes, I know. This isn't a mech thing, I was making an example, just before you ask.

Some quick questions about our current surroundings and your first post so I can get a better grip on what I'm writing in to:

What city are we currently on the outskirts of?
How many are in our group? (if 60 kids were murdered, I'm guessing we're quite a large group? Were all the kids from 6-14 murdered - or were there survivors?)
What is our daily structure (since we have a school - what other institutions do we have in place? Any sort of government or hierarchy? )
How near is the next closest group of exiles and do they follow our same type of hierarchy or are we all separate entities? If we are all connected, do we have one designated leader of us all? And if so, is he in or near our group, or far away? Is the 9-11 radio station his way of communication?
Who is our leader?
What time of the day/night did this raid occur (I'm guessing broad daylight since the kids were in school?)
Are these raids common/does Society usually take the aggressive stance when it comes to exile extermination - or is this unusual, or in retaliation?

@Cortexiphan Girl

> We are currently in a city whose name is forgotten, located somewhere in the north-west of the former US.

>I didn't mention a group as such, but one might be on it's way. Angel was on her own when the attack happened and presumed that others would hear over their own radio and join her later.

> No survivors. It's a 'kill them before they grow up to kill you' mentality, or perhaps to avenge the deaths of their comrades. Others might see it as saving the kids from a lifetime of poverty and crime.

> There is no daily structure; the school would have been as organized as the majority of exiles would be. Some people live nocturnally, believing that police raids and fellow exiles are more likely to attack when it is most likely you are sleeping, but many still keep to daylight hours, using reverse psychology, or those who simply can't stick living in darkness. There are markets at both sunrise and sunset, selling all manner of salvaged and stolen goods, including medication, first-aid supplies and fresh food. It's run haphazardly at best, people coming and going as they please. It's mostly bartering, as Society has outgrown physical money, and there's not much use for the stuff on the other side of the border. Those willing to fight would know each other by face and name by now, and typically train in pairs or threes when they found the time. They see the key to survival as being as unpredictable as possible, and only to congregate together when it is necessary. Train together, and it's easier to kill fifty people.

> Most towns and cities are extremely suspicious of each other. The nearest group is located in a town, about a four hour walk away, and are remnants of the old factions. They might consider trading, but they aren't going to ally themselves with anyone. Other factions are located in other towns and cities; some follow a similar hierarchy, but most are controlled by gangs and the survival of the absolute fittest. 9-11 offers a way of letting these factions know that someone is out there willing to fight against Society, but there has been little or no response from anyone else. As result, 9-11 is the best way of letting those in our city about planned attacks, Society raids, ectera. All in code, of course.

> Nobody is entirely sure, although most believe that one, if not all of 9-11's presenters are the brains behind the operation. If someone fancies the role, they can try out for the part if they so wish.

> The raid took place during the evening time, around 6-7pm. The day folk are heading to bed, and those living nocturnally haven't quite stirred yet.

> Raids are getting more and more common, and escalating in violence. Fore reference, the death toll of the last raid was fourteen exiled, five Officer. This raid, however, was unusually violent; children aren't typically a target.

Anything else I can clarify for anyone? ^^

@Katherine
Yup, we're still taking people on, just fill in the character sheet.

@Absinthe , Thank you! That really helps me get a better idea of what their nomadic lifestyle operates as. I have two last questions, I believe we are living in the remnants of an abandoned city (if I remember reading that right) - is it a large city and should we expect to be quietly sneaking and living in abandoned business buildings/skyscrapers/executive offices or is it a smaller city and we're living in abandoned apartment complexes/houses/grocery stores (I hope that makes sense what I'm asking!) And finally, what terrain are we dealing with? Are we talking more rain forest, like towards the North West Coast, or more desert, cold - what type of seasons do we have? (And what season is it now!)

Thank you :)

@Cortexiphan Girl

You are more than welcome. :)
> It is a relatively small city, the kind of small town that once fancied itself as the next New York, but didn't quite get there. When I tried to describe it to my friend she told me that 'it sounds like Dublin, but American." ...Which probably only makes sense if you're familiar with the city, but that's kind of the image I've got in my head. It had ambitions, but as everyone knows, we ran out of money before they could be realized.

> Climate is a little more extreme version what I currently class as British. It rains a lot, but it is prone to massive swings in weather, such as boiling sunshine and heatstroke one week, to ice and sleet the next week, to seven days of grey skies and nothingness the next. Seasons aren't really defined; it might be a tad warmer in July than in January. Currently though, it is early summer, which means we'll be more likely to get hot weather, or monsoon-like rainstorms. Or both. :)

Excuse me if it's a bit garbled; it's 1am here and I'm a bit sleepless. I might clarify things a bit more in the morning when I get back from Uni.

@Absinthe , you're just fine! That helps a lot. Unfortunately I don't know how many of the places across the pond are like (though, my life long dream is to visit Ireland, so I can definitely imagine!) The last thing I want to do is write something in a post that goes directly against what you're envisioning in your head, so just let me know if I do.

@Absinthe @Disenchanted Should we do some kind of role call to see what characters are still planning on being involved with this roleplay? I don't want to see it die!

I've been running through all of my roleplays replying to things, this one's on the list, just haven't gotten to it yet

I will hopefully get around to message people tomorrow; it's been a mad week and I haven't had a lot of time. My post will also be up tomorrow; it's on my iPhone and I don't have WiFi at my apartment. Like I said, I'll get the ad p and circulating again in the next few days with a bit of luck as well.

Name: Sam Johnson

Gender: Why cou;ldn't you have put "Sex"? I can't make jokes this way! (Male)

tumblr_m8ept8Ef9c1qcw9vpo1_500.jpg

Sam is a little more on the shorter side at 5' 7" and while being very athletic in build does not have very much muscle to him. He dresses lazily as few care how they look these days, but keeps his beard short, more out of convience than anything else. Brown hair, brown eyes, and a hopeful expression that everything will come out fine.

Personality: Sam is a fun loving and caring person who cares very much of what others see hims as. This comes almost entirely from the fact that he has a very difficult time making it on his own and heavily realies on others to help him. While needing help to make it, he does what he can to help in return, always willing to give his services to those who have helped him. He so desperatly wishes others to see him as a useful member of the group.

Character Background: Being a product of the world outside of Society Sam is quick on his feet and quick in his mind, but lacks a certain competence to live on his own. He works as a courier, delivering packages from one place to another. A role he feels is vital to the world. In his travels he has seen more things than many others. He has seen the best and worst in humanity, and mostly the worst, and yet he clings to the good. He loves stories of hope and triumph over almost unseemingly impossible tasks, and in a world of such dreary misery, a person filled with hope is both hated and loved by the people around him.

Weapon of Choice: His good ole' shotgun. Disigned in the transitional era between energy and ballistic weapons, it combines elements of both. Magnets aid the combustion in propeling the shot out of the barrel allowing the shot to quickly reach the target and hit it hard.

Sorry if any of this seems like I skimped out a little. I just needed to get this out tonight. I will hopefully be able to improve it later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.