City 88: Kill-Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird question, where's the plot thread?

Not yet posted while waiting for characters, I suspect. You're the first to toss up a completed sheet.

First Name

Scotty Wilson

Alter Ego Name None

Powers/Skills

Psychic Wave Manipulation

Scotty releases powerful, tangible thought waves that can be used both telepathically and physically. Just like most of his powers, Scotty doesn't understand how they work compltely, which usually leads him to damaging himself through experimentation. He is able to do standard wave compression in order to physically manifest his power into small beams/waves/blasts while also allowing himself to levitate.

Temperature Control

Scotty thinks he knows pyrokinesis and cryokinesis, but is only able to use thermal manipulation. The boy can manipulate the temperature of his body and the space around him through a form of psychic wave manipulation. This is a double edged sword because his body can be damaged by controlling temperatures outside the limit of what his body can handle.

Emotion Manipulation

The ability to affect the atmosphere around him and the emotions of his enemies. This is very limited, as Scotty has yet to discover the full effect. He only knows how to make enemies paralyzed in fear, sadness, anger or sloth.

Photokinesis

Scotty doesn't know much about his power for photokinesis. He is only able to make flashes and strobe lights from his body. He cannot maintain a steady light for over a few seconds.

Teleportation

User can only teleport himself, persons or objects to places he has been in the past and remembers. Teleportation depends on the mass and size of the object. Scotty has only teleported 3 people at maximum.

Weaknesses

Temper:Scotty's power comes to full fruition when he is most angry. He cannot control himself in hectic situations where he is emotionally frustrated. This can hurt both enemies, himself and his allies. He's basically a loose cannon.

Fragile:Scotty is young and small, so hitting him or damaging him is very easy if he ever tries to go into combat.

No Combat Training

No Sense of Dexterity

Limited Experience With Powers

Morals & Innocence (Lack Thereof): Scotty's lived on the streets for most of his life. He's not a good guy by any means, but he isn't a bad guy either. He's a survivor, which means with enough coaxing, he may be pushed to his limits and switch alliances very easily. For later story development, he may also become arrogant with his powers and become a bit of an antagonist.

Gender Male

Age 16

Normal Appearance

cyberpunk_boy_by_ellr3-d4uexv4.jpg

Brief History

The unusual boy from the Gray Wall district lived most of his life on the streets of City 88. Three years ago something miraculous happened to the beggar. With the accumulation of time, Scotty discovered he wielded the unusual power of psychokinesis. Not much is known about the boy. He lives in a small, rundown apartment building with his foster parents in the Gray Wall district. His foster parents are stern abou his powers; he isn't allowed to use them anymore. He stays secretly in his room daily, practicing and experimenting with his powers to save the world from anyone that threatens it. Scotty's also lost his right arm during a phsycic wave accident where he crushed his arm by compressing too much energy. He enjoys taking apart Black Star Machinery's androids and appliances in his spare time when he isn't tampering with his powers.

Quick question. I cant find a real image for my above character ^
Is that picture okay?

First Name: Julia Markov
Alter Ego Name: Violet
Powers/Skills:
  • Brain Manipulation: Julia's power gives her 100% complete access and control to her brain and all its function. When her powers activate, she can change, improve, and enhance her body through her brain. Such activities include
  • Transformation of her body's appearance
  • Rerouting her nerve functions so as to not feel pain or to become more sensitive to her surroundings.
  • Advanced intelligence, allowing her to solve the most complex of problems
  • Photographic memory
  • Advanced learning
  • Enhanced senses such as improved vision, hearing, smell, or taste.
  • Manipulation of her hormones circulating through her body
  • Increase stamina, metabolism, muscle strength, and speed
  • Speeding her regeneration and healing process.
  • There is also the possibility of developing mental abilities, such abilities would include telekinese, telepathy, precognition, mind reading, psionic manipulation, memory wipe etc. etc.
Weaknesses:
  • Backfire: Violet always runs the risk of her abilities backfiring, whether during or after her powers are activated. An example is if she enhances her eyesight and it backfires, she will go blind.
  • Decrease in natural lifespan: This only applies when she speeds up the healing process in her body.
  • Can only operate under seeing the Trigger immediately followed by orders: In order for Julia to become Violet, Julia must see the Trigger to activate her powers, followed by an order, whether it be written or verbal. This not only leaves her in a delayed start, but she also risks seeing the Trigger without an order and in a catatonic state until she receives orders. She is also at risk to being manipulated by the enemy if they are able to get their hands on her Trigger.
  • Brain cancer: Because her powers require her to use and strain her brain, Julia runs the risk of developing brain cancer. If developed, this can hinder her abilities and change her mentality drastically. It is only under this condition that she will gain access to the psychic abilities, but who is to say she will be fully functional using them?
Normal Appearance: [Please include height] [Pictures are okay]: Julia is 5'8" and weighs 130lbs. She has light colored skin with brown hair and deep blue eyes, almost purple.
Julia Markov.jpg
Alter Ego Appearance: If Julia plans to go and use her powers ahead of time, she usually throws on a leather jacket, dark brown boots, black jeans, a purple shirt and a utility belt with all her fighting arsenals and a holster that attaches to her right thigh to hold her Glock. At all times though, she carries her Glock 19 as a concealed weapon, along with her Trigger, and a paper and pen to write her orders.
This is her Trigger:
julia's trigger.jpg
The design must be exact and Julia usually keeps a laminated copy with her at all times.

Brief History: [Optional]

Last edited:
Name: Elise Lorentz

Alter Ego Name: Subject 5 (old Black Star records), (Note: I NEED SUGGESTIONS)

Powers/Skills:

Electrokinesis

Elise can generate and manipulate large amounts of bio-electricity. While she can throw around bolts of electrical energy to stun or damage other,s her ability has been bent primarily to another use, as it allows for easy powering and interfacing with mechanical devices, including cybernetics.

Gravity Control

Elise can manipulate gravity in a variety of ways. Primarily, she can increase its pull in a small area to pin down or slow a target, or change its direction to pick them up into the air. Her favorite methods of use involve using a field to either slow or deflect attacks aimed at her, or to accelerate her own, adding an extra punch. When her gravity powers are active, a small black sphere manifests near her, and it's through this sphere that she actually alters local gravity.

Skilled close combatant, extremely proficient with throwing knives.

Skilled in infiltration, experienced field operative.

Equipment:

Throwing knives many, many throwing knives
Armored/bulletproof coat

Weaknesses:

Despite her own abilities, electricity and the like can be particularly damaging to her cybernetics.

She's missing her right eye, with all the problems that entails. She's still a capable fighter, but she has a blind spot that's easily exploited.

Normal Appearance: Elise stands a full 4'11 in height. Her build is slim and petite, to match, and she could probably pass for a child, if she didn't have her pride. Although she is a cyborg, her enhancements are primarily internal, rendering her outward appearance mostly unchanged. She has long silver hair, and yellow eyes. Her right eye has been missing ever since a fight with a superhuman a few years ago, and she wears a black eyepatch to cover it. She usually dresses in uniform, although she has some casual clothes as well.

Alter Ego Appearance: Elise doesn't bother with masks or fancy costumes. She usually wears a form-fitting bodysuit under her armored coat when on duty or actively expecting a fight, and carries a number of throwing knives on her person.

dc780bd6a7ed299c43f50a186da9cb059ff0e5ef.jpg

Brief History:

Elise is an orphan, and one of Black Star's "Numbers." Black Star has taken advantage of her electrokinetic abilities, and used her as a test subject for cybernetic augmentation. She was subjected to a number of experiments that were immoral or inhumane at best, and she knows just how questionable her employers can be. She currently works for Black Star, as one of their unique operatives. Her small size makes her well-suited to infiltration missions and similar tasks, although she's also served as a general peacekeeper and enforcer from time to time.

She's unaware of Black Star's true plans, and it's probably for the best, as she would have some objections with both the means and the end of Killswitch.

Notes: I'll probably also expand her background a bit to be less sparse, and could also make it so she's already gone rogue, because she certainly won't be too fond of Black Star to begin with. If she hasn't...well, it's probably inevitable before too long, so I have no problem saying as much here. I probably could switch her into a loyal operative,if someone needs to play the villain full-time, though.

Last edited:
Any pictures are acceptable! @ShiningMist

I'll go over characters and work on mine in a few hours, gotta friend coming over!

All accepted that are complete!

**Glares at Olissa**

Time too work on Scarecrow and Toxic!

It's not finished, I know! But I've even in a tight situation so I can't really write a lot v.v
I'll finish it as soon as I can

Name: Abigail Karmel
Alter Ego Name: Jael
Powers:
Box Powers ~ If she puts something in a box, or container of any sort, that item vanishes into a pocket universe. Things can then be retrieved from any container, with only the desire to retrieve said item necessary.
Shapeshifting: Nubian Ibex ~ As Jael, she can run quickly, jump about 12 feet horizontally and 6 feet vertically, and climb mountains with ease.
Weaknesses: In her goat form, Abigail tends to think more like a goat than like a human. Though a thought like "get the amulet and bring it back" will remain in her mind after shapeshifting, complex tactics will dissolve to instinct.
In her human form, Abigail has little to no fighting skills and is quite average athletically.
Normal Appearance: 5'6"
lFG87ND.jpg

Alter Ego Appearance:
E9PT1Fw.png

IS THIS OPEN
IS PEOPLE STILL INTERESTED?

Is it possible to be a double agent or something....
Like... A black star worker but she just gathers info and secretly goes against them... I just wanna use these sniper wolf pictures lol.
[spoili]
tumblr_mi0pbdB0ju1qg8i80o1_1280.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
sniper__wolf_by_antoniodeluca-d79rsav.jpg
[/spoili]

It's open and I think some of us, at least myself, are still interested. The problem is, I don't know if @Lonewolf888978 has been around in a while at all. So, I think things are on hold, or...something.

I'm interested. I haven't tried being a shapeshifter yet.

I'm going to have to hold off on this, regardless of whether it continues on or not, too... busy to cope with everything ^^'

Im gonna hold off on this aswell, but may bring it back in the future

Aww that's unfortunate. Tag me when you decide to revive it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.