Childhood Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to be a plumber because of Super Mario.
I wanted to be a police officer because of pretty much every action film of the 80's/90's
I wanted to be a ninja because of 3 Ninjas.
I wanted to be a game designer because I love video games.
I wanted to be an artist because I love cartoons.
I wanted to be my granddad because he was awesome.
I wanted to be a photographer because my aunt is one.
I wanted to be in the army because of Action Man.

Well, didn't get around to any of those, the closest I am to a ninja is a Karate guy who also knows a thing or two from other martial arts on account of training with a wide variety of students, and the closest I am to being awesome like my granddad is that I share his sense of humour, his excessive love of tea and his ability to board a ship in choppy seas and remain both upright and perfectly healthy while others are falling over and throwing up their guts.
My older brother shared the desire to become a police officer and has ALMOST fully achieved the dream, he's been in the Metropolitan Police Service 'Specials' (they are exactly the same as regular police officers in every single way except they are volunteers and don't get paid) for over 5 years and is one of their best Sergeants, the only thing holding him back from being accepted into the full force to get paid is his lower back which he damaged during his time at his previous job working for a shop that deals with construction goods and equipment.
I've heard a lot of horror stories from people in all forms of computing jobs that I've entirely reconsidered the idea of being a game designer, unless I want to have a go at making my own at home on my computer, and for being an artist I was always okay with drawing and painting but I don't have what it takes to go pro. I'm happy sticking in the amateur leagues. Same with photography, I worked in that industry for 7 years and have heard and seen how it's all changed and made all the more difficult to be a pro when any Tom, Dick or Harry with a camera and photo software can do a satisfactory job to render pro services redundant.

At the moment though, I'm checking up courses to take to become a 'special action extra', which is an extra for films/TV who gets to wield weapons and partake in fight scenes. I've got some experience having done some TV stuff with Karate, and people have said it suits me so I should take it up as proper thing. It sounds like the sort of thing I would enjoy, so here's hoping it all goes to plan :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ethys
During my Childhood days, I dream of being a . . . .

1. Superhero - causing fighting villains in some awesomesauce battles with the world on the balance, with a kick ass costume and cool name and also saving the girl, you know!
2. Paleontologist - cause DINOSAURS!!!
3. Knight - yeah seriously, i dreamed of being a knight of King Arthur's round table and those Arthurian romances really inspired me to be more Chivalrous and gentlemanly while teaching me more values like *Help the poor*
4. Jedi - cause Star wars was part of my childhood, dreaming of going to outer space with awesome weapon like the lightsaber in my hand and a ragtag of friends to join in the ride to defeat the evil big bad and his/her evil army
5. Adventurer - going around the world, meeting all kinds of people, seeing new scenery and traveling to dangerous places, the smell of adventure
6. Clown - to make people laugh and smile :bsmile:
7. President (Current Goal) - cause i'm tired of seeing sadness and despair, poor people living in the streets and squatters, it just bugs me and also i wanted to make a lot of people laugh and smile brightly, i also want my country to rise up from it's poverty and make it a great nation, overall i just want to make alot of people happy and being president is the way

Also i wanted to be a good husband to my future wife and i'll be a great dad to my kids, a brother and great friend!

You guys are all awesome :D I love reading these!

Status
Not open for further replies.