2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
It's in the title, but if you need an explanation here ya go.

What career field did you want to be in when you were a child and what are you now? Are you satisfied with your current career? Do you wish you were what you wanted to be as a child?

Or are you in your dream career are already?

As for me, I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was little and at the moment I am in college working at a financial aid office part time and studying general studies. I'm not sure if I even want to be a vet anymore, as I am leaning more towards child psychology, but apart of me still wants to be a vet.

I wanted to be an artist, now I'm studying to become a veterinarian. If that doesn't work out, Biology professor.

Childhood me had one consistent Dream career, and two others that were simultaneously active for large portions of my childhood.

-Consistent: Childcare worker
-Other Two: Video Game Developer, Movie Director

Current me is still going through college (and dealing with college delays/complications) so no job so far.
But the current planned career in College is to be an Autism Therapist.

Still working with children, which is the main thing.

However, after my current time in college I've found there seems to be a decent disconnect between myself and many other people who tend to enter child oriented fields.
Combined with the fact that my exposure to game design in High School was handled by a very bad teacher?
I'm considering dipping into/testing out game design in college while dealing with the delays/complications going on with College.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Fantasy fiction author!

Since like, age five O.O

It hasn't changed much, I'm going to school for a Journalism degree in the fall, and the plan is to use it either for actual journalism or (preferred) to get a job editing fiction for new, up and coming authors. And of course I'd love to be published myself, which is also helpful for an editorial career :3

• Bucket of Rainbows
I can't believe how boring I was as a child. I remember at some point wanting to be a dentist, don't know why, and then a lawyer, because of family pressure. Yes, when I was a kid I wanted to be a lawyer. And I liked writing, and didn't know if I wanted to BE a writer, but I remember I wanted to publish a fiction book or two.

Now I'm studying civil engineering, which is really far away from my previous options. And I dropped writing, but now I draw and paint. I don't want my artistic hobby to become my job though.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I wanted to be a soldier and drive tanks for a living since I was a midget (read: about 5 years old). I got to be a soldier for a bit less than a year before leaving the reserves to get some education and life experience under my belt and then return for regular force when I felt I was emotionally mature enough to handle it.

I ended up getting sick and medically prohibited from reenlisting and instead followed my college career choice of water treatment. I love the field I'm in, and it's honestly a better fit for my lifestyle, but man I do miss wearing a uniform and going on big adventures.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I wanted to be a Doctor. I just sent several letters to Aviation Schools.

Childhood Dream: Artist / Fireman
What I've Done: Studied and got a diploma in mathematics with intent to go get a doctorate and go into research.
Current Job: Software tester for an oil rig scheduling company.

Strange world.

Wanted to be a fighter pilot or a cop. Now I'm just going to uni for engineering and using my success stories as flirting material.

I wanted to be an artist when younger, now I want to be a voice artist. So it's still somewhat the same? And if not that then a health and/or sex ed teacher.

Wanted to be a mailman, with writing on the side.

I'm currently a dishwasher—and loving it—but am moving through university towards an accounting degree. I often wonder if I should have gone towards engineering instead.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I wanted to be a doctor as a child. Along with two other kids of my childhood we promised we would make it together. But stuff happened and none of us made it down that road. We're all happy doing what we do now, I think. At least I'm.

Currently I'm in college, pursuing a degree in law.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I don't have a job yet, but I always wanted to be a doctor. Until I met my friend Mr. Blood. No more.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I HAD TWO BIG CAREER DREAMS!

Teacher & Novelist!

As I got older I realized I could never be a teacher. c____c I am a severe introvert so being near people all day would have killed me. I also tend to get TOO INVOLVED in the lives of people around me, and you can't do that as a teacher. I would care too much about kids and meddle in their outside of school lives. @___@

Writing novels could still be an option but I think I am not passionate enough to pursue this dream. XD If I were, I would have been writing stories this whole time and I don't. Maybe as I get older I might one day grow in to this!

My current "career" is being a Housewife and Roleplay Site Admin. O___O Neither of which pays aaaaanything, but are full time jobs that I very much love and enjoy. I get to hide at home away from people, while also getting plenty of interaction with people and super fun cool create stuff with roleplay.

I wanna be a game developer/programer...right now I am 23 and a programer for business applications, though in 4-5 months I might be able to work for this mobile game company. Which is a step into the right direction :3

Dream: Librarian. (Not. Kidding.) The "crazy ones"/dreams I accepted would never happen would be Singer and Teacher.
Then as a teen, I wanted to write. ;D

Reality: Admin Assistant and I am aiming to be a Secretary. I want to work in like an office for those busy types.
Plus I really want to write. Was going to try for the whole Librarian thing, but with so many places cutting the budgets or trying to be rid of them, I would have no future in it. Heartbroken.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Childhood Dream vs Current Career"
>Implying I have a career

Ah, anyway. Wee me wanted to be a lot of things. A fighter pilot, mounted police, ranch owner, jockey, competitive XC rider, archaeologist, paleontologist, author, scientist, actor, the list goes on. I never really decided what I wanted to be, because there were so many exciting professions.

Current career... Well, being a high school dropout without any kind of merits aside from odd jobs here and there, I don't have a career. Not a solid one, anyway. Unless my two jobs in the forestry industry counts. If they do, you could say I'm one of those people that collect data and such because the nerds at HQ can't be bothered doing it themselves.

There isn't a real description for it, but it's officially known as "forestry worker" and unofficially "backpack jockey".

• Bucket of Rainbows
When I was really young I wanted to be an artist for a looong time. Then I realized I was pretty terrible at it, except for cartooning. I had fun with that for a little while before giving up on it. I decided as a preteen-early teen that I wanted to be a chef. I still adore cooking and have considered opening up my own bakery or restaurant, but I probably won't. At least not for a while.

The funny thing is, even while dreaming about both of those, I was writing. I've always been reading and writing. Well.. y'know.. once I learned how to read. So not always...

Currently I have 5 jobs, 3 of which are running my own businesses. One is starting up a non-profit geared toward books. I've worked in food, retail, mental health.. haven't found a good stopping place yet. Did Information Tech too, and went to college for teaching for one semester before realizing dealing with high schoolers for my entire life would be suicide-inducing.

But I am writing a book right now! So I'm getting there!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.