Childhood Dream Career vs Current Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Childhood Dream vs Current Career"
>Implying I have a career

Ah, anyway. Wee me wanted to be a lot of things. A fighter pilot, mounted police, ranch owner, jockey, competitive XC rider, archaeologist, paleontologist, author, scientist, actor, the list goes on. I never really decided what I wanted to be, because there were so many exciting professions.

Current career... Well, being a high school dropout without any kind of merits aside from odd jobs here and there, I don't have a career. Not a solid one, anyway. Unless my two jobs in the forestry industry counts. If they do, you could say I'm one of those people that collect data and such because the nerds at HQ can't be bothered doing it themselves.

There isn't a real description for it, but it's officially known as "forestry worker" and unofficially "backpack jockey".

I'd actually totally love doing that kind of forestry work.

I'd actually totally love doing that kind of forestry work.
Though it varies greatly with the weather, it's generally a very pleasant job. Lots of walking and carrying equipment and barging through spruce plants, sure, but being outside is so much better than working in a city or office.

Of course, that's if you can disregard the mosquitoes and the occasional bear. xD

I had TONS of career dreams. Artist, doctor, actress, singer, comedienne, fire truck (yes, you read that correctly), politician, veterinarian, pilot... Basically, name any occupation, and I've wanted to be that at one point in time.

Currently: Studying pharmaceuticals. Yeeeeeah medicine and stuff, wooo!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I had TONS of career dreams. Artist, doctor, actress, singer, comedienne, fire truck (yes, you read that correctly), politician, veterinarian, pilot... Basically, name any occupation, and I've wanted to be that at one point in time.

Currently: Studying pharmaceuticals. Yeeeeeah medicine and stuff, wooo!
You wanted to be a fire truck? O.O

First childhood dream job; Farmer. I played too much Harvest Moon 64

Second childhood dream job; Soldier. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I'm not cut out for that in so many ways also don't want it.

Third childhood dream job; Writer. STILL WORKING ON IT. IT'LL BE OKAY CHILD ME. WE'LL DO IT. YEAH!

• Bucket of Rainbows
You need to play some farming simulator now.

Second childhood dream job; Soldier. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I'm not cut out for that in so many ways also don't want it.
Lol. Also, stay from from the vid games on this one.

Third childhood dream job; Writer. STILL WORKING ON IT. IT'LL BE OKAY CHILD ME. WE'LL DO IT. YEAH!
That's why you're here. :cookie:

I had a couple things I wanted to do as a tiny sized creature. I wanted to a famous american football player, wwe wrestler, chef, cop, clown, and singer. While some of these are highly unlikely, at this point, I still like to look at it that I am still those things...even if my resume doesn't say so.

American Football Player: I had played throughout my childhood and through highschool. I won many award and scholarships and ended up in the playoffs a few times. Can't ask for much more than that.

WWE Wrestler: While I may never dress in those tights and spear someone into a table, I do have many little cousins. That's almost the same thing. I always win because I am the best wrassler. =D

Chef: I don't have nearly enough knowledge of cooking, but in my kitchen, I am the master. Sit down I will cook you a hearty, family meal.

Cop: I like doughnuts and I always try to follow the law/do good. That is better than some policemen, these days, it seems. =/

Clown: While I don't put on makeup and make balloon animals, I do make make people and usually enhance a party with being there.

I ended up choosing between creative writing and graphic design for a college major. My love for writing didn't develop until my early teens, I think, but graphic design was the smarter (monetarily) choice. Now I write for fun.....and do graphic design for fun it seems. xD

That would be because the last job I named has a fire that refuses to be extinguished. Of course, I am open to doing any graphic design that people need but singing.....mmmmmmm it makes me happy just thinking about it.

So I think I may be onto something here.

• Bucket of Rainbows

....that is not how farming works.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I wanted to be a doctor that changed to joining the Army. My grandfather, father, and mother were all soldiers and I had hoped of carrying that along.

I couldn't join the army due to three back diseases that disqualified me. I decided that I would go to school for a general diploma but met my wife, got married and dropped out.

I'm currently back in school five years and two kids later for Psychology with a specialization in Counseling.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Okay. Hmm.

Well, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a rock star (I listened to A LOT of Nickelback and Hinder, maybe some Drowning Pool)

But, as we grow older, our music tastes change.

In recent years, I've really gotten into Pop, Rap, and Electronic music.

Currently, I'm a high school Drop Out living with mommy until he's 18 and can get a proper job and work towards getting his GED. After that, I plan on going to CRAS in Arizona, so I can major in music production. I'd also like to be an author, at least on a small story/poetry standpoint. I'm currently working on two books, ones geared towards gamers and the other's fantasy. Not to mention the mass of my time spent on Iwaku and Crunchyroll. I'd be a pro gamer, if my PS3 would accept the fact that my room is 35 feet from the modem and router and get over it's "I need ALL the power" complex.

But yeah, I guess you could put dogsitter on my current list as well, since I'm always home, taking care of my two chihuahuas while thinking of ways where I can lose weight in the comfort of my home. ((I live in the middle of nowhere on a long stretch of road that I don't recognize since I've only been in this town for four months. I'm also afraid of the mass amount of assholes who live around me and fire off guns less than 20 feet from the road just because they hunt and they think it's cool to scare people.))

I'm also a housekeeper XD. I do all the laundry in my house, as well as take care of the garbage and check the mail and sometimes make the sammiches.

Status
Not open for further replies.