[Chelma and Zeno] Puppy Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
He smiled. That she'd wanted to leave but was okay with him coming along made him feel good. "That's alright. Let's look around, then. We'll find somewhere to go."

"Yeah." Nina nodded, smiling as she took out a cigarette. "Smoke?" She asked.

He shook his head. "Never touched the stuff. My uncle was around a lot when I was a kid, and he smoked like a chimney, but I never had the desire." The bus stop from which he'd gone to the den was due east of here, so he turned west. "Let's go that way."

"Thought I would ask though, didn't want to be rude or anything and not offer." Nina replied as she followed him. "But anyway...I need to quit, such a bad habit..."

"It is a bad habit. And if you get lung cancer, you could end up in a hospital, bedridden. What would happen on a full moon night then?" He shuddered at the thought of a crazed werewolf loose in a hospital. "So, know anywhere interesting around here?" They reached a busy intersection and he waited for the light to turn so they could continue across the street.

"Oh, that is a picture..." She hummed and flicked the unlit cigarette away, deciding to pass. "I don't even want to think about that kind of stuff happening." Nina said and thought of a place. "We could go to that carnival that's in town." She suggested.

Nick watched the cigarette tumble through the air and teeter on the edge of a sewer drain before falling in. He smiled. "A carnival sounds fun. Haven't been to one since I was a kid." He turned to her for directions. "I have no idea where it is, though."

Nina chuckled. "That's where those new nose and ears comes in handy hun, sniff the air...follow the smells...the sounds of children running around and yelling for their parents to follow them." She smiled.

He sniffed. Nothing. The win changed, and he sniffed again. Cotton candy. Popcorn. Sweat. Though that last one was everywhere in the city. He listened, and through the roar of traffic, the sounds of dozens upon dozens of irate businesspeople yelling into their phones, and the wind itself, he heard the music of the carnival, the people laughing, the occasional scream as someone was startled.

"This way." He motioned for her to follow him, and made his way toward the source of all the smells and sounds.

Nina smiled and followed after him; he was new to the whole being a wolf thing so she knew she at least had to help him out when it came to his senses being ten times better. "There we go." SHe smiled and headed in the direction of the carnival.

He stepped closer beside her. His sense of touch was only a little bit better than before, but he could feel her warmth in contrast to the cold air and it was nice. "So, I was told that there were rules in the pack, but not exactly what they were. Mind filling me in?"

"Hm, sure. One is...you never reveal what you are, humans barely understand, and even though they have all these werewolf and vampire movies out, society is still freaked when they see one going around. Another is that Vampires and Werewolves don't really get along, yeah, you heard me, not only do we exist...but vampires do as well. On occasion we get along but it just depends on the vampire or werewolf." Nina replied.

"Second rule, obviously no doing it with humans...we get too excited, and we could end up killing them. Some can control it but, heh...I haven't been with a human since the first time it happened, and I don't want to be. Third, The Alpha wolf is the boss, meaning Ulfr and Almeric are number one...a lot of teeth gnashing, especially during mating season, but you get used to it. So, don't go after the girl they like. There's more, but I'll explain it all later, humans." She looked around and crossed her arms.

He nodded after each point. He supposed he'd only be able to date other werewolves, then. As they walked, he glanced over at Nina and blushed a little bit. "So, uhh... Who do they like?" He hoped she wouldn't say herself. In the distance, now, he could see the carnival. The smells and sounds were getting clearer too.

"Almeric likes Vira...and Ulfr likes Kaylin." Nina said, smiling when they reached the carnival; she pulled out her money and went to get them some tickets.

He followed her to the ticket counter and waited for her to get them. When she was done talking to the person behind the counter, he took a deep breath, and then, trying but failing to sound casual, asked, "So are you single, then?"

Nina nodded. "Very much so, I haven't really dated anyone recently." She replied.

He nodded slowly, afraid to look over at her, and said, so quietly that were she not a werewolf she wouldn't be able to hear, "...this could be a date, if you wanted."

She looked at him and smiled a little. "I would love that..." Nina kissed his cheek and took his hand.

Nick just felt relieved when she answered. It wasn't until she kissed him on the cheek that he realized she'd said yes and not just "not no." When she took hold of his hand, he gave her hand a little squeeze, and began walking with her toward the carnival attractions.

Nina hummed happily and decided to go one one of the rides with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.