Character's Stereotypes Poll

• Thread starter Wizard Secretary Doxa
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

What is your Character's Stereotype?

• 'The Silent One'

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • 'Bubbly Hyper Type'

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • 'Cruel & Malicious'

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • 'The Innocent Cuteness'

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • 'Smart-Ass'

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • 'The Weirdo'

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • 'Mr/Mrs. Perfect'

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 'Little Scary Cat or "The Pussy"'

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • 'Evil Reincarnated'

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • 'I'm so dark, I'm so Emo'

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
I am now becoming a smart ass due to my best friend. Who said the people around you were always 'good influence'?

I prefer to play "Mr. Miyagi" type roles, that is, a Mentor type figure who could definitely handle himself in a difficult combat situation but mostly prefers to find an alternative to fighting and crushing his opponents. I also really like playing a Lone Warrior type of guy, roaming the land in search of a fight that will prove his skills. Another character that I have at the moment in a 1x1 is more of a 'Good Cop' to the other guy's 'Bad Cop', being the one less likely to resort to violence in pretty much any situation and keeping the other guy in check. It's lots of fun to play all sorts of different characters.

Dar! I forgot to put "The Mentor" >.< I forgot a lot but then again the list could go on and on

My characters are typically the Smartass with spins toward either the Hyper or the Wierd (occasionally both).

My "Mary Sue Done Right" is taking those Cliche "So Perfect" elements from those world bending wtf stupid characters and showing how you can actually USE those elements in a plot or story -without- being a douchebag about it. 8D

Like, the uber-powerful can defeat anything perfectly beautiful amazing super goddess character... I'd take that horrible abused concept, and then give it plot and story.

Obviously I wouldn't wanna do anything that game breaks. D: But that's more shitty roleplay etiquette than Mary Sue. I always thought Mary Sueing was about character/plot design, not about the playing skills.

Well, it all depends. In the series of books: 'Skullduggery Pleasant', a character called Mr. Bliss has the ability to turn a sorceror turned demigod into a red paste with a simple earth-shattering punch. And it works really damn well, too. He brings a very Superman type element into the story which i think adds a nice touch.

It will all make sense if you've read them...

Whatttttttttttttt?!?! Who? What?

OH, YES SHE DID. -head side to side.-

I play ALLLLL the types.
Cept perfect.
borrrringggg. :3

My characters tend to be pretty straightforward. Sort of like Richard from the Sword of Truth. The book lol. Not the TV show.

Lol, Doxa, I meant I always role play as the whore/prostitute. xD

Why does someone always makes this type of threads again?

Don't make a stereotype, make a character that's actually interesting for the story you're going to be writing in.

Someone is on a edgy mood.

images

I use the Smart Ass, Slient one, Evil One and the Cruel and Malicious. My characters always have problems, mentally, usually having two or more different personalities. One being Evil and the other side cheerfull when around the right people. Silent around all and Smart Ass ALL the time. They reflect the most from me personally.