Change of Heart, Change of Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nosy crosses his arms at the decision, giving off a little pout and a sniffle, hating the indecency of the matter. Why is it that he has been blessed with such intelligence, yet he cannot make a decision for himself? It's truly upsetting. He looks up at Paul, listening to him, eyes sparkling. Slowly, he gives a nod, regathering his composure. Perhaps the dog is right. After all, he still gets to see the tree. Next thing he knows, his hand is grasped by Mya, and he is being lead towards the tree. He reaches for Paul, only to miss the dog, leaving him behind. Another pout and sniffle, but this is soon followed by a childish giggle at watching him catching up. He listens to Pauls words with a smile, nodding in agreement before watching the dog walk to Tate and say something that obviously irritated the wolf. Another giggle at the hat being pulled over his eyes, and a squeel of laughter at him running into the fake tree.

Mya opens the small gate to the fence that wraps around the great tree, hoping that they aren't trespassing on anything sacred, and leads the others through. Then, after Paul walks through, she shuts the gate behind her and walks to Tate with a sigh to herself. Nosy runs towards the tree the moment his hand is let go, not even waiting for Paul. Once at the base of the trunk where the tree's roots spread into the soil, he waves and calls out for Paul. "Hey! Hurry up!" Mya looks at Tate with a smile. "Well, at least they're having a good time, right? That's what matters, after all."

Another giggle is received from the "daring" comment, and Kina can't help but grin at the big guy, glad as ever to have met him. She watches him relax, and slowly, she lets herself relax, her shoulders slowly begining to slope, her torn robes swaying slightly in the breeze. And as she tells her story, she realizes that he enjoys listening. This makes her smile grow, the warmth in her heart swelling.

Kina is surprised at the use of her full name, unsure of how he memorized it so quickly. She listens to him with a sad smile, giving a shrug. "Well, when those things are said to a young girl, it's hard to get it out of her head, even as an adult." Her sad smile quickly turned into a smirk at his next comments, a small chuckle falling from her lips. "Well, there's where we differ. A lady of my standards doesn't get into trouble as easily as you do. After all, I have back up that keeps me out of trouble." And when she continues with her story, she watches his body language change with the reactions to each statement. The concern he has for her makes her smile happily, and within her chest, she feels a warmth she has never before felt.

"Hold on, I'll be the judge of that." The flower being pulled up by his tail makes her giggle. Lilies have always been her favorite flowers, but she is surprised that they would have such beautiful ones here...then again it is Yula. She watches Kaan closely as he seems to seriously observed the flower...then suddenly smirks. "You know what?" She raises a brow at him. "Your spots are too special to be compared even with these." Her already rosy cheeks deepen as she continues to blush at his comments. "And honestly I don't know the flower that is more beautiful than this one. Not even those perfect snobby roses." The last statement actually makes her laugh, but she quickly sobers as her ear twitches slightly with his touch as he places the flower behind it. Sitting back, he looks over her intently for a few moments...and with every passing second, she feels more and more embarrassed at herself. "Well, I am afraid it'll have to do. You still win the beauty pageant as far as this cat is concerned." His wink makes her giggle again. "But on the bright side, you have no competition." Her giggle grows into a laugh. "Well, I thank you...if it's any consolation, you're not to shabby for a tomcat. Then again, you don't have any competition, either."

His last statement quiets her a moment. She falls into thought, sipping her drink idly. "Yes...well..." She's not sure what to say. Her chest seems to be acting strange, and warmth seems to fill her body. She can't stop smiling and blushing, but she doesn't understand her reaction to him. She seems to feel the need to say she's already found one...but at the same time, her logical thoughts are yelling that she hasn't. Such a battle has never been fought by her yet. Finally, she gives a happy smile to him. "I'm sure I'll find him soon enough. Thank you, Kaan." Well, not the greatest of comments to that, but what else can she say?

Paul grinned, hurrying towards the tree base where Nosy stood. "Coming!" He stood next to Nosy, looking up at the tree, getting that feeling of respect all over again. He touched the trunk, sniffing the air. "It is amazing..." Paul looked at Nosy and smiled. "So, where should we start buddy?" He looked up at the glowing stars on the tree. "Maybe there?" He smirked mischievously noticing Tate and Mya are busy with whatever they were talking about. He thought how the girl appeared in a good moment to keep Tate busy, and he believed Nosy shared his opinion. "Look, I don't know are we allowed to go up there and see it up close, but I can try." He nodded to Nosy, knowing he probably shouldn't even try it. However, the boy somehow awoken his restless side that he had when he was a kid, and he had no regrets.

Tate chuckled lightly when boys went to the tree. Even though he was a wolf, he loved kids. Was it because of his urge to protect someone, or just a sympathy he didn't know, but he preferred that over being a hated creature. It was in his nature to be different.
"Well, at least they're having a good time, right? That's what matters, after all." Tate nodded to Mya and sat down on neatly trimmed grass, crossing his legs and arms, and folding his big fluffy tail neatly against his leg. In that position it looked more like a weird white plushy, that something that would belong to a wolf. Even while sitting, his backs were straight and was able to keep it that way for a long period of time. "Indeed, they found each other." He laughed lightly, shaking his head at boys. "Just what Paul needed to get all loony again."

He laughed once more, and grabbed Mya's hand gently, nudging her down. "Come on, you must be tired, miss Mya. Allow me." He placed his snowy white and soft tail underneath her for her to sit on, instead on the plain ground. Once more it was just his urge to protect and it was stronger than him. He let go of her hand smiling. "If you would like to, that is. I just don't think lady should be left standing and getting tired."

"Well, I thank you...if it's any consolation, you're not to shabby for a tomcat. Then again, you don't have any competition, either." Kaan laughed sincerely and scratched his head. "Nah, dumbos like me aren't that rare. You just need to look around and you will see my clones everywhere. All shapes and sizes." And it was true, he found himself nothing special, but he appreciated Kina saying what she said. He smiled gently on her confusion. He understood her. The girl had a rough time with people, no wonder she is careful enough. He was just glad he got to know her better. Maybe eventually, he thought, he might have a chance. If he ever sees her again.

"I'm sure I'll find him soon enough. Thank you, Kaan." He nodded sincerely. "You are very welcome, little lady." He got silent for a moment before a loud voice jerked him, and he almost fell of the chair. "You again!" Kaan lowered his ears and mumbled. "Oh great, I forgot about him." He turned around to face an angry old panda male, apparently of Asian origins, and he grinned as wide as he could. "Hehehey grandpa P! How are ya?" Panda marched angrily towards the tiger, his long moustache flying around. He stopped in front of Kaan, sticking his gardening tool into his nose. "What did I tell you about the flowers? Huh?!" He pointed towards the lily behind Kina's ear. "Do you know how hard it is to grow that one?"

"Um...yes?" Kaan replied and it made panda pout. "Then why would you do it? Why would you pick my beautiful flowers?" Kaan chuckled nervously. "Ehe-he... well it was the only one that seemed worth enough to be in this ladies hair." Panda turned to Kina, looking at her surprised then crossed his chubby arms. "What are you doing with this dumbo? Go find a decent man!" Kaan whined. "Wow, thanks for helping out, geezer." Panda turned to him, waving his tool. "When you stop being obsessed with my flowers, I might agree to help, yes. This is the second one this week!" Kaan sighed. "But now I have unselfish reason to pick it." Panda thought about it and replied. "...You're still a dumbo. I am watching you..." Kaan could reply, old panda land his tool, not so gently, on Kaan's head. "Do not talk back to old people!" He turned to Kina now grinning and bowed slightly. "I apologise, fair lady."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Nosy looks up the trunk of the tree, his eyes sparkling when he sets them on the twinkling star blossoms that hang from the long branches. Paul points up at them, saying it would be fun to start there. Nosy grins, nodding in agreement. "True! If we're to figure out whether or not touching the big star blossom tree can make us glow, the blossoms are the best place to go!" Looking at the height of the tree, he suddenly grows nervous. "Though...I've never climbed a tree before. Badgers don't usually do that." He seems to shrink a bit, deflating at the thought of not being able to climb the tree. But as quickly as he is deflated, the child once again becomes determined, pumping his clawed little fist into the air. "But if we're to discover this, it's the best time to learn!" And with that, the child runs towards the trunk of the tree, jumping at it and landing with his arms and legs outward, claws dug deep into the trunk. His eyes grow wide before narrowing with determination as his lips pull back over his sharp teeth in effort as he begins to pull and push his way upward.

Mya looks at Tate and watches as he seats himself, smiling happily when he's comfortable. "You look almost like a teddy bear." She giggles, turning to the tree and nodding in agreement before turning to look back at him. "Well, Nosy is only a toddler...the innocent wildness about him would bring out that wild way in anyone." Upon finishing her comment, she looks down at her uninjured hand to see that he has taken it in his. To see the delicate, tiny fingers resting along the white, fluffy palm of the wolf is strange, and this causes her to blush. "Come on, you must be tired, miss Mya. Allow me." His words make her eyes dart to him, and she watches, her blush deepening, as his tail is pulled out beside him to provide her a seat. "If you would like to, that is. I just don't think a lady should be left standing and getting tired." At this, she can't help but giggle, taking his offer and seating herself delicately on the edge of his tail as not to hurt him. "Tate, you seem to forget that I come from a farm. Hardship is rather normal and somewhat easier to bear for me. I don't get tired so easily." Before he can completely pull his hand away, she makes a daring move and takes it into both of hers, seeing with wonder how even both of her tiny hands cannot cover his. "I do thank you for your hospitality, though. It's quite enjoyable."

Kina shrugs at his comment. "Well, at least you have the courtesy to get me the best drink in the world and gift me with such a beautiful lily!" She giggles lightly at him, her tail swaying happily behind her. Sobering a moment, she reaches across the small table and places one of her small, slightly clawed hands over his. "Kaan? Do you ever wonder what it would be like if everyone found their perfect match?" Before he has the chance to reply, however, another voice jerks them out of their bubble, and Kina pulls away, giggling as Kaan almost falls out of his chair. Her head tilts to one side in confusion. "You know him?" The plump old panda makes Kina smile at his seemingly good-natured way, even as he fumes at Kaan. Even when he points at the lily behind her ear, the man seems to only care about his precious flowers.

Kina takes the flower from behind her ear. "Please, don't be so hard on him. He was just trying to make me smile." She stands, walking over to the area behind Kaan, spotting the pot from which the flower is pulled. Placing the stem back into the soil, she mumbles a few words. Her hands begin to glow, and the flower begins to stretch down and stand on its own again. From it bloom two more of the exact kind, and she turns with a happy smile towards both of them. "I am quite glad Mya taught me the ways of the soil...otherwise my magic wouldn't have worked at all."

Bowing to the panda man with a giggle and a smile after the little act of slapping poor Kaan on the hand with his trowel, Kina speaks. "It is no trouble, kind sir. I would like to tell you, though, that Kaan is a decent man. The best I have yet to find." She looks up from her bowed state, her dark hair falling around her shoulders like a shimmering waterfall as her eyes sparkle with sincerity. "Besides, your flowers will be just fine, even with him picking the prettiest ones. I can be sure of that." Another small giggle before she stands straight again, her hands held together at her waist. "He is the first one to have listened to me all the way, and he is the first one to have given me encouragement. For that, I am thankful. But I am glad you have brought it to my attention that he has picked....more than one of these beautiful flowers." Her eyes gleam, and a small smirk rises on one corner of her lips. She turns to the tiger, raising a brow. "Why did you pick the last flower, I wonder..." Another small giggle.

~secluded location~​
Damian sat in a chair overlooking the town, it looked like they were having fun...and he wasn't. Perfect. He thought to himself, looking at the crisp, blue sky, he lied down in a pile of nice, soft grass outside the porch. And started to dream. He had dreamed about the world of the book he loved to read, Oasis. He pictured the tall, beautiful trees that grew milk-bearing fruit, and how its only leaves were at the top and the fact that they were HUGE, huger than any leaf he would ever see, or so the book told him. He would also be lying in warm, silky sand, in the color of a crisp tan. And the water there that was always fresh and clear, a place Damian would love to be as a reward one day...
His daydreaming was easily disrupted by a tall, thin man who spoke to him in a hushed, snakelike tone. He assumed it was a snake person, but he really couldn't figure out who he really was, for he was completely shrouded in black. "You! Tigerman! Arrik wantsss to give you thisss." he said as he held out an envelope with a strange symbol closing it.Damian smiled as he received the envelope from the mysterious snakeman, he smiled not because he was nice, but because of how stereotypical the mysterious messenger sounded to him, but the messenger thought of it as a gesture of thanks and so he left off.
Damian watched as the messenger left, then he opened the envelope. In it there was a map. some gold to hold him over, and a letter. It read:

Damian-
You want your redemption? Well the time for that is now, for here is your one mission you need to pass for that to happen. Your mission is to help me deal with some very infamous twins, their names being Sylyette and Kaleb, they are the half-wolf and half-fox people, located right in that town in front of you celebrating. I want you to make friends with the twins, and then lead them to the ambush location on your map, there you will get your redemption and i will take care of things from there.
-Arrik
Damian looked at the town with fire in his eyes. He grabbed his equipment, and kissed a bracelet on his right hand, for luck. and he followed the downtrodded path to the town.
for her.

Before Paul could answer, Nosy was already grabbing the trunk and pulling up. "W-wait!" He silenced himself realising that Tate and Mya wouldn't be really happy about the idea. He turned around and sighed in relief, noticing that neither Tate, nor Mya reacted. "Man..." He turned and headed towards Nosy. "Hey, be careful, ok buddy?" It wasn't his first time of doing that, but it was the first time for Nosy and it was just now that Paul worried. He began climbing just underneath Nosy making sure that even if he slips, Paul would receive the damage. It was his idea after all. "Please do find the first firm branch and stay there until I make sure it is safe to go further." He was skilled after all.

"You look almost like a teddy bear." Tate's catchy laugh rushed out of his chest. "Well, that is the first." He nodded. "Usually they called me demon or a pathetic excuse for carnivore. But never a teddy bear. Thank you, Mya. It is a nice thing to hear." He smirked, pleased that she had accepted his offer. She was so light, that he felt not extreme pressure on his tail. It was just fine. "Tate, you seem to forget that I come from a farm. Hardship is rather normal and somewhat easier to bear for me. I don't get tired so easily." Tate nodded. "I do understand that. However, You're in Yula now, in a time of this great Festival. You deserve to relax no matter how energetic you are." He jerked really lightly, and stared at girl a bit confused when she grabbed his hand again. He didn't mind it. Actually, it was the most enjoyable and caring touch he had ever felt. Only his sister could make him happy just about the touch, but even that couldn't compare with this. His heart, confused about that feeling of interest, beaten harder at one point, before he forced it to calm down. He never liked loosing control over his body. "I do thank you for your hospitality, though. It's quite enjoyable." He looked back at the ram girl and smirked, covering the top of both of her hands with his other hand, closing then in comfty and warm trap. "Miss, it is nothing. But I do thank you for keeping this "Big Bad Wolf" busy. I needed to remember how to use my manners." He chuckled.

Old Panda stared in wonder as Kina used magic to grow plant. He stroked his long moustache.
"Well this is the first time I see something like this in Yula." Kaan chuckled, impressed. "Wow...that was...so awesome!" He got quiet after old panda "stroke" his head once more with the gardening tool. He scratched his head uncomfortably when Kina spoke. "It is no trouble, kind sir. I would like to tell you, though, that Kaan is a decent man. The best I have yet to find." Panda stared at her, then looked at Kaan and started laughing. "My sweet, sweet girl. Why would you think that? He already steals flowers, how can he be decent?" In reality, old man though the girl was right. However, only because of those flowers he was ready to give a poor tiger youngster a hard time. And that was his opportunity.

"He is the first one to have listened to me all the way, and he is the first one to have given me encouragement. For that, I am thankful. But I am glad you have brought it to my attention that he has picked....more than one of these beautiful flowers." Panda wanted to say something else that would make young tiger at least blush of inconvenience, but he was more or less surprised by Kaan's reaction. On Kina's question. "Why did you pick the last flower, I wonder..."Kaan waved his hands in defence, seemingly disturbed. "Oh no, no, no. It is NOT what you might think. I meant everything I said just now. I wouldn't say it to any other girl, neither before nor after you." Old man thought for a while, and his old eyes focused on scan seemingly glaring, but instead, he was looking at his aura and was surprised. Boy was telling the truth. "It is pretty embarrassing. I..."
Kaan coughed inconveniently. "I picked it the last time because I like it so much. I wanted to grow some and put it in Tate's garden." He blushed a bit. He looked like he belonged to a giant boulder, and yet he fell in love with a simple flower. Still, between being a flower nerd, and leaving Kina to think he goes around doing that all the time, he chose the flower nerd. Panda smirked lightly and gave sigh to Kina to come closer. He whispered to her ear. "Young lady. This dumbo will not do anything so I will...he's to dumb. You choose correctly. Nice guy, yes. But tell him I sad bad things to you. He will take care of you better." Kaan jerked, seeing panda whispering to Kina. "Hey! Stop plotting against me." He growled slightly annoyed, but Panda just laughed. "Oh don't you worry young one. I only said what is true." He deeply bowed to Kina. "I once more apologise for the inconvenience miss. I shall forgive him just because he is right. You are worth it. I also thank you for your effort in giving me back my lily" He chuckled, stroking his moustache and walked away lightly, checking on the rest of his flower children.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mowkie
Now THIS was familiar.

She usually didn't like towns too much. Too big. Too much noise. Too many people. So damn noisy, couldn't even think enough. And then there were the wolves, always leering at her. Made her think they were sizing her up for food. It didn't help that she was a hell of a lot more noticeable than the average inhabitant due to the fact that her ancestry had apparently been awfully faithful in the past, well, who knows how long. Seeing specimens such as herself was likely rare to the townsfolk, and the fact that she was wearing what appeared to be men's clothes and not primping herself up like some pretty girl also made them stare quite a bit.

But she knew a temple when she saw it, and a temple was the sort of place she naturally gravitated to. It was a heck of a lot easier to calm down and ignore the fact that a whole bunch of wolves, foxes, and who knows what else were walking around when she had the presence of the faith to comfort her.

But the scene she saw in the midst of the temple was hardly one of tranquility and peace.

it was more like a warzone. The fact that two out of four were wolves, one of which was packing a knife, and the other two were some mix that she really wasn't QUITE sure what they were, made quite a bit of difference in her mind. She strolled on up, starting to get some manner of righteous pissed-offness in her stance, in her eyes, and most importantly, in her legs.

Her legs were, of course, the main reason why her arts focused so much on kicking. The strength of a hare was in their legs, and her legs were some of the best in the world. Stepping right on up to the entire confrontation, she spoke in a heavily-accented brogue that obviously noted that she wasn't from ANYWHERE around here.

"Pfff, fairst thing I come tae a temple t'foind a wolfie with a slayvrin' jaw an' a knife threatenin' some couple'a innacent folk, wha' in the name'a Fhlann's teats're y'doin', and bes' ye make yer case quick, else I'll be puttin' m'foot in yer arse, see if i doan'!"

She glared at Brother Samwell, seemingly bristling and shaking with anger. This was obviously one hare you did not want to piss off.

Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
"They are correct. You are doing not but creating this debacle." Arrik said as he took a half step forward.

Samwell's face twisted to a grimace. He knew he was in the wrong, but he was angry and would not back down. Arrik didn't know this man, they spoke briefly in the morning before they started prayer. Why was he so angry? Arrik quickly surveyed how many still lingered in the temple. The crowd he was with had since dispersed, most likely some went to summon guards. This just meant Arrik had a bit less time...

Arrik slowly advanced step by step as he spoke. "Samwell... Do you remember what you told me? You said you lost everything... Your wife, your pup, your faith and your wa-"

"SHUT UP! And don't take another step!" He shouted as he swung wildly at Arrik. The swing missed and Samwell took a step back. The man felt like a cornered dog at this point. He struggled to gather his thoughts. He wasn't angry at them for interrupting prayer nor was he angry with them as people. He was angry with what he thought they represented. The fox and the wolf, the strife between the two took everything this Samwell had.

Arrik noticed Samwell take a step back. This was a sign he had hit the nail on the head. "...I sense a deeper seated issue." Arrik's tone was calm as he lied through his teeth. He did not have much of a clue what troubles afflicted this man. The only intention he had was to talk this man down. "Would you like to talk, Samwell?"

Samwell didn't answer. His stance softened as he contemplated. It was against a wolf's nature to back down, but talking didn't seem so bad... At the very least Arrik would forgive and bless him. Samwell loosened the grip on his knife as Arrik took two large steps forward, putting himself within striking distance. The talking approach was working wonderfully. At least that's what Arrik thought before another voice shouted out.

"Pfff, fairst thing I come tae a temple t'foind a wolfie with a slayvrin' jaw an' a knife threatenin' some couple'a innacent folk, wha' in the name'a Fhlann's teats're y'doin', and bes' ye make yer case quick, else I'll be puttin' m'foot in yer arse, see if i doan'!"

A hare woman approached from the left. Her tone was every bit aggressive and Samwell instantly tensed back up. Every bit of progress that had been made coaxing the man out had just been entirely demolished. Samwell turned to face the newcomer with a look of panic in his eyes.

At this rate more guards would arrive soon, everybody involved would taken in for disruptive behavior and who knows what would befall the two oddities that stood behind Arrik... Then there was the issue of finding out more about the odd hybrid beings, no doubt the moment this was over the two would bolt. Arrik wasn't ready to let them go yet... Whatever he had to do, he knew he would have to do it quickly. Samwell was both panicked and distracted, a good of an opportunity as any Arrik thought.

In a flash, Arrik lunged for the knife. He missed intentionally. With any luck, this Samwell would lash out and injure him. It was a calculated risk. Arrik didn't know his way around the city; if he were injured somebody would have to take him. He had assessed that the hare woman wasn't a local by her accent and the wolf earred girl was clearly from out of town. That would mean the boy would have to take him as part of his duty as a guard.

It worked perfectly. The instant he made a move, Samwell reacted on a reflex leaving a large gash in Arrik's side. The cut was deeper than Arrik had anticipated... Arrik yelped as he collapsed to the floor. The pain was real, he was audibly whimpering as his wound bled profusely. He was in no danger though, Arrik was a talented healer. In the event he felt his life were in jeopardy he could easily heal this wound in a matter of moments.

Upon realizing what he had done, Samwell dropped the knife to the floor. "F-Forgive me..." He mumbled in a shaken voice. It was an accident, he wasn't supposed to hurt the priest! His legs shoot slightly, he turned in a panic and started running towards the door.

Nosy, digging his claws deep enough into the tree to keep himself in place, looks down and rolls his eyes at Paul. "Nah, if I do this, I wanna go all the way!" And so he does, skipping not just the first branch, but the first five branches. By the time he has made it to a branch with a blooming Star Blossom, the child is heaving deep breaths, his little body achy and tired, his heart pounding with pride at his achievement. "That was actually really fun!" Wriggling his way across the branch, keeping his arms and legs wrapped around it for safety, the child makes way for Paul and goes to reach for the first blossom he can. But then, just before touching it, he makes a split decision not to, looking back at the dog suspiciously. "I think you should touch it first."

"Pathetic excuse for a carnivore? What's that supposed to mean?" Mya looks at Tate with inquisitive ruby eyes. Her delicate fingers run across the soft, down-like fur on his hand, enjoying the sensation it brings to her palms. The warmth is fantastic, and the softness only makes her wish she could curl up on it and sleep for an eternity. She shakes her head at his "Big Bad Wolf" comment, rolling her eyes and looking up at Nosy and Paul, forcing her heart to calm down the moment it quickens. Even from where she sits, she can see what lengths Paul is going to keep Nosy safe. Slowly, she is beginning to realize that it was a good choice to let them do what they wanted. After all, Nosy will be so exhausted by the time they get back to the carriage that she and Kina will be able to relax...finally. Her shoulders slump a little as she slowly begins to relax more and more, feeling her hands now enveloped in the softness of Tate's. This night couldn't get any better.

Kina blushes at the exclamations at her power, her hands pulling at each other nervously as her tail hangs low behind her long legs. She smiles at the old Panda before turning to Kaan with an even gentler and kinder smile. It is the most genuine smile she has had since she had first met Mya, and a feeling swells in her heart as the truth of her own words rings clear in her ears. She giggles at Kaan as he flusters over her questioning of the second flower. Instinctively, she seems to know that he tells the truth when he finally manages to utter that the second flower wasn't for a girl before her. Crossing her arms playfully, she listens to his explanation, giggling. "So you're a flower boy? How cute." Another giggle, and she steps to him, kissing the tiger on the cheek. "Don't worry, I believe you. Something as cute as that just can't be made up."

Straightening, she turns back to the Panda with a happy smile. "Well, at least this time, I managed to stop the tragedy that was your flower. Hopefully Kaan got his garden earlier...'cause now I can't let him pick your flowers any more." She listens to the Panda whisper in her ear, her smile softening even more. "I shall do that if I ever feel the need to." She bows, even as Kaan says to stop plotting against him, giggling lightly as the old Panda retorts with the truth. In response to his thanks and apologies, Kina only bows again. "It was no trouble at all. And my pleasure. I'll do what I can to keep him from your lilies." With that, the Panda walks away, once more leaving Kina with the tiger man beside her. She turns to Kaan, her blue eyes twinkling ever-more with beauty and happiness, and smiles. "Well, I suppose tonight won't be our only night together. I plan to stand by my word on that. No more lilies for you, mister!" From behind her, Kina's tail rises, curling around her waist to reach and tap Kaan's nose playfully before she sits across the table from him, once again taking a sip of the wonderful drink she had left on the table. "At least it gives us more time to get to know each other. I'd hope that is not a bad thing."

When the hare appeared, Sylyett nearly bolted. Kaleb was less inclined, as his sense of duty meant he had to be prepared to defend anyone in the vicinity from the wolf, who was now violently brandishing the knife in panic. But Sylyett, she had a lot of people to protect. The whole troupe, the people who knew and loved her, took her and her mother in as family...she couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to them, if word of what she was got out. But...something bound her to the spot, something that connected her to Kaleb. As much as she willed it, she couldn't make her feet obey.

They were both startled, though, when the priest made a lunge for the knife. The pair acted as one, Kaleb moving towards Samwell, and Sylyett to Arrik's aid. Kaleb intended to take him in, but the wolf had begun to take off. Instinct alone made Kaleb take off, calling out, "Stop, in the name of Yula!" In the meantime, Sylyett looked over the priest's wound, worry making her brow furrow.

"I'm...I'm sorry you got mixed up in this," she said, sighing lightly. "The last thing I wanted was to see someone hurt because of me." As Sylyett spoke, she tore strips from her shirt, wrapping them around Arrik's cut. It wasn't much, but it would have to do, until they could get him to a proper healer. "It doesn't look too deep, though, so I think you'll be fine. And if that officer is as determined to catch that wolf as he was to catch me, I'm sure our problems will at least diminish for the night."

Speaking of complications, Sylyett moved to grab up her fallen charm, wrapping it around her wrist to keep better track of it. Almost instantly, her colors changed, and she appeared like little more than a common red fox. It offered a confining emotion as payment, but Sylyett knew she could live with it a few hours.

----------

Nyako's hair rose, her tail bristling at the sudden change in the wind. A strange energy hung in the air, foreign to this land, that sent shocks along the surface of her skin. Almost immediately, she closed the shop for the night, taking a deep breath of the night air to get her bearings. People bustled and chattered all around her, but Nyako paid them little mind, as her eyes closed, face turned upward towards the sky.

"Imii yaal ja nuok...imii yaal ja nuok..." she chanted under her breath, calling upon the goddess Cat, praying for her keen sight to guide her this night. There would be many components to the events to come, and very little time to prepare, but if Nyako only had a sign...

When she opened her eyes, Nyako was startled by a single, glowing petal fluttering down before her. The star blossoms had only just bloomed, it wasn't the time for them to shed their petals just yet. Nyako's attention flicked immediately to the massive tree inhabiting the town square, and her fur settled. Thanking the goddess under her breath, Nyako made her way through the crowds, hardly pausing in her step, not bothering to apologize for her haste. There was little time to be spared this evening, if the pieces were to fall in their proper places.

She was at the base of the tree, when Nyako looked up in to the branches once more. A dog and a badger, clinging to the limbs above, eyes transfixed on the brilliant blossoms that surrounded them. The wind whipped around them once more, swirling the dark skirts around her, and sending a chill up the sorceress' spine. This was the first step, that much was clear to her.

"Ye'd do well not to dizzy ye'selves wit' da stars," she declared, yellow eyes focused entirely on the two. "Da gods dun 'ave bidness wit' da mortal folk up dere."

• Love
Paul chuckled on Nosy's determination. He already liked that kid so much. "Aye, just be careful. Don't want more slaps across my face, because of getting you hurt." He remembered the slap he got earlier that night and mumbled, climbing further. The dog proceeded following little badger, until he stopped by the nearest star blossom. Paul was impressed by how fast the kid got there and how eager he seemed about it. "That was actually really fun!" Grabbing the branch, he pulled up with his kind of weak but really endurable arms, and crawled next to Nosy. "Nobody got hurt...then I suppose." He chuckled and crawled further towards the blossom.

"Wow. I have never seen anything like this anywhere before, and I have never seen this one from up close." He grinned, amazed. It was even brighter than he previously thought it would be, and much more complex in looks than it seemed to be, seen from far. Nosy reached out to touch it, but the dog still wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Before he could say anything, Nosy turned to him and pulled his hand away from the flower. "I think you should touch it first.". Paul laughed and raised his eyebrow. "Oh! So NOW you want me to go first, ay brave one?" But truth be told, he was equally eager to know what are those things all about, so he nodded and crawled forward, skilfully crossing over Nosy. "Alright then, let's see what happens." He gulped, and reached towards the glowing flower, holding his hat with the other hand, as if it would help him if something goes wrong.
Before Paul touched the flower, he chuckled and spoke to Nosy. "Oy! If anything goes wrong, run and uh... and tell those two brutes I...I love them." He cleared his throat to relief the awkwardness of his request, and reached towards the flower. "Here we go..."

"Ye'd do well not to dizzy ye'selves wit' da stars," she declared, yellow eyes focused entirely on the two. "Da gods dun 'ave bidness wit' da mortal folk up dere." The unfamiliar female voice, with somewhat messy and barely understandable accent, spoke form beneath the tree. It was clear and strong, a bit bossy. It was just what the newcomer needed to affect Paul. He was just an inch away, from touching the blossom, when that voice made him jerk and loose balance, and holding his hat turned out to a bad idea, since he had no more hands to grab the branch they were on. "Damn it!" He growled out once he slipped off, partially because of the actual possibility for a serous fall, but mainly because of the bad experience with bossy voices. Last time he had heard one referring to him, he got his butt kicked. His brain kept yelling "Busted! Busted!!", and his arms grabbed the branch firmly, as his entire body was hanging off it. "Well great! Ugh!"

Paul's reflexes were to be admired, and even though his hands were nowhere near to those of Tate or Kaan, they were quite endurable, and was beyond stubborn...especially with his life on the line. He took a deep breath and pulled up with all the strength he had, managing to reach the branch with his legs and wrap around it as a snake, still a bit shaky. "That was...too close..." The dog almost instantly calmed his breathing and with that his heart went back to it's normal beating, but Paul still refused to let go of the branch as he was left grabbing it with all four of his limbs. He would probably use his tail as well but it is not quite useful and...he's a bit sensitive about that. Looking down, he noticed a black female cat that looked like a gipsy fortune teller and he pouted. A dog being afraid of a cat? But then again, he was beaten by two, no wonder he doesn't trust himself with their kind. Kaan was always an exception. "Lady, are you trying to kill me here?" A short glance towards cat's cleavage reminded him on how sensitive ladies were about that, so he quickly looked away, not taking any chances. "Besides, we were not going to pick them anyway."

"Pathetic excuse for a carnivore? What's that supposed to mean?" Mya asked, and Tate chuckled. "Well, as you may know, I am expected to be ruthless and..." There was this rude word Paul told him about, to express the really bad and stupid jerky personality. It involved the part of body that never got any sunshine and was pretty much accurate expression, but it was just rude. "...really bad. My pack never truly acknowledged me. Not for my fur colour, nor for my attitude." He glared at her small hands that disappeared in his big ones, as he was thinking deeply. He never got used to feel things like that kind of caring and pleasure to have someone around. He felt like he was obliged to protect her. He was just trying to be the nice guy, but he ended up doing more than he should have. It was not because of Mya, because she obviously enjoyed his presence. He was worried that he may not know how to act next, and was an unpleasant thought, once he realised that how Mya will see him, meant more to him than he believed. Was he starting to like that tiny lady?
Tate could tell his face blushed awkwardly. He was only at that point thankful to his ancestors for making it completely furry. Otherwise, it would be really embarrassing for the big white wolf. Even though it wasn't visible, his eyes sparkled when the wave of heat hit his furry face.
"Uh, miss Mya..." Tate spoke, finding it hard to look at her face in case she would burst out laughing and walk away. Though he never believed she was like that. But with ladies, there was only one way to find out. "I was...I was wondering if...if there is a possibility for us to see each other again?" That's what you were supposed to say to lady when you enjoyed her company, right? Tate wasn't sure of anything any more. At this point, the road that his question lead him to, was completely unfamiliar. He didn't know what the hell is he supposed to do. He never paid much attention to that aspect of his life. Not before tonight, that was.

He sighed lightly and smirked nervously, bowing his head down.
"I do apologise if I aimed at the wrong direction, Mya. I just... Well, I would just like to know you better if nothing more." Tate decided to be honest about it. It was the only way he knew. "You made me happy by accompanying me tonight and it is really relaxing for me. I had a rough week and...I guess you just appeared in the right moment." As the sudden wind blew at them, Tate stopped talking, instinctively wrapping his fluffy tail around Mya, keeping her warm, just in case. He acknowledged her statement how she is not that fragile, but he really couldn't help himself and he truly hoped she didn't mind. Sniffing the air, he caught an unfamiliar scent coming from behind the tree. As soon as he heard mild commotion, his eyes narrowed as he mumbled. "We have another visitor around." Thinking it was just another citizen that saw them there and decided to try as well, Tate just stayed alerted but didn't react, though he hated not being aware of everything and everyone around. It was just his mercenary job that taught him to never let his guard down.

Kaan rubbed his forehead, embarrassed, when Kina spoke.
"So you're a flower boy? How cute." He sighed and pouted a bit. "Pfft! No? ...I'm just a lily boy." And yes, just as he thought, it sounded even more embarrassing. "Ah man..." He lowered his ears and scratched his head awkwardly. It was needless to say he had no idea what to say to make it right, without him looking like sissy girl on the one hand, or a ladies man on the other one. Instead, he just proceeded to blabber without any breath in between. "I am serious about all that I simply wanted to put it Tate's garden since it looked so nice and it was hard to get and not because of another girl although I did crazy things before this night but I would never give anything like that to just anyone I simply appreciate it too mu---" He suddenly stopped talking and stiffened, when Kina kissed his cheek. It was nothing much, but to him it was simply more than special. Any other girl would just violate him like a piece of meat. Because of that, he liked Kina even more.

"Don't worry, I believe you. Something as cute as that just can't be made up." And it was the truth. The tiger was amazed. So amazed that he missed out the entire conversation between her and the geezer panda guy, and just kept on staring at one undetermined spot. He only heard Kina speaking after the old man whispered something to her, and not wanting for it to turn out worse than it already was, he complained about it and growled. He calmed down once more, when he heard Kina saying. "It was no trouble at all. And my pleasure. I'll do what I can to keep him from your lilies." Tiger thought about the girl's words a bit, realising that she wouldn't say that if she meant only this night. But is she really that willing to see him again after everything? He stared at her dumbstruck, as she approached back to their table once the panda was gone. "Wh-what was that all about?" He scratched his head lightly on her words. "Well, I suppose tonight won't be our only night together. I plan to stand by my word on that. No more lilies for you, mister!"

"No more lilies, got it..." Kaan replied instinctively, still staring at her, and grinning as a kid in a candy shop... He though about how dumb he might look like, so he cleared his throat and got back to his straight macho face. However that didn't last too long, because once Kina's tail touched his nose, he got back to the "lovey-dowey" mood at once. "At least it gives us more time to get to know each other. I'd hope that is not a bad thing." Kaan considered it a bit, than took a deep breath. "Uh, excuse me for a second..." He got up lightly and stepped further away from the table where there was no people at that point. "I can't believe it." He made a perfect backflip, shouting out. "She wants to see me again! Ahaha..." He grabbed the first person around, which happened to be that same panda, and he was spinning him around, dancing. "Can you believe it?" Panda frowned and kicked him in the head with his gardening tool few times. "No I don't believe it, you fool! Now put me down flower pixie, some of us have work to do!" Kaan didn't seem to mind. Instead, he put the panda down raising his hat and kissing the top of his head. "I love you too, old geezer."
Panda mumbled annoyed, and pulled the hat back on his head. "Yes, yes, now go back to being a fool, bengal." However, as he turned away, he stroked his moustache and chuckled, walking away. "What a nice kid yes. Stupid, but nice." In all honesty, he never considered Kaan that stupid either. He believed he was just too happy to worry about things, but it was a perfect way to get on youngsters nerves. As the panda walked away, Kaan sat back into his chair and cleared his throat, getting back to his macho self once more as the passing people, mainly kids, still laughed amused by his performance, before they would move along leaving them alone. He answered Kina's question in his deep mature and assuring voice, as if nothing happened beforehand. "No, my dear Kina. It is never a bad thing."

Last edited:
Nyako wasn't worried when she saw Paul falling. She'd been about to catch him with her magic, but he seemed more capable than she realized, managing to catch and cling to one of the lower branches. She couldn't help an amused smile, especially when she caught where his eyes had darted. Despite her urgency with the current situation, she was still a cat, and as such couldn't help her mischievous humor.

"I woulda caught ye, trust me on dat," Nyako replied, and as she did, both he and Nosy became surrounded by a blue aura, which plucked both from the tree as easily as though they were the future fruit that would hang from the limbs. "And I weren't talkin' about pluckin' dem petals, not dat da guards woulda liked it much. A'course, ye two oughtta be careful, now." With Nosy and Paul now settled on the ground, she approached them, face calm as she looked over the both of them, and sighed. "Gods blessed ye both wit' da knowledge of da world, but ye dun got a lick a sense about dings, do ye? Da wind, she be whisperin' tonight. Ye'd hear it, if ye both weren't starstruck by da soldier's tears."

As Nyako mentioned this, the wind wound its way through the crowd once more, touching at her hair and tugging it to its whim. She paid such a thing little mind, but felt reassured that she was on the right track.

"Da two o' ye and yer friends 'ave much to do about what 'appens next, ye know," Nyako informed them. "Dun ask me what or why - da gods, dey do dings o' deir own accord, and dey dun like sharing plans much. Too complicated for us down below. But ye and ye friends would do well to follow me, if ye want da best chances." They had no reason to trust her, of course, and Nyako had none to give them. But she trusted in the gods, and the whispers they gave her, so she had to have faith that the strangers would make the right choices.

She just hoped they'd make them quickly...

Looking towards Paul with a grin, his tiny black tail sticking straight up in the air, Nosy watches, clinging to the branch, as the dog climbs over him to touch it. He nods vigorously, black hair bouncing along his head, dark eyes twinkling with glee. "I hope it works! If any tree can make us glow, it's this one!" His little voice is filled with his rambunxious behavior even as he scoots closer and peers across Paul to see his hand go to touch the beautiful blossom, stars in his eyes. When Paul pauses, Nosy looks up at him as he chuckles. "Oy! If anything goes wrong, run and uh...and tell those two brutes I...I love them." Immediately, Nosy makes a kissy face, teasing Paul. "Awwww...you really really love them? How cute." Sobering, he nods and gods back to watching as the dog's hand gets closer and closer to the blossom. The closer it gets, the more excited Nosy becomes, almost bouncing himself from the branch.

And then...right before Paul touches the soft petals of the Star Blossom, a voice rings below, scaring both Nosy and Paul, even making Paul fall almost to his death. Nosy squeaks, reaching a tiny hand down at Paul as he hangs from the branch. "Paul!" But even as he calls the dog's name, Paul is already beginning to pull himself back up. Were it not that now Nosy is even more terrified of falling off, he might have tackled Paul in relief. Thinking to himself about how he'll do that later, the little badger boy looks down with a snarl, showing thick, long teeth only found in the mouth of a badger. "Why can't you leave people who are obviously very busy alone?!" He doesn't care about anything but the fact that the woman almost killed Paul and scared them both half to death just by speaking up. A growl escapes his throat, and he gets more and more angry with every second he looks at the woman.

But then she does something even more frightening, surrounding both Nosy and Paul with an aura that is cool and strong, harsh unlike his beloved Kina. It drags them from the branch, even as Nosy screams and clings to it with his life, long claws digging deeper and deeper into the soft wood. But it's no use, and Nosy is torn away from the last feeling of safety before transported to the ground right in front of the crazy woman who can't speak clearly. He ignores her words, hiding behind Paul and clutching his pants, trembling like the three-year-old he is, no matter how much he tries to deny it. Every now and then, he peeks around Paul's leg, baring his long teeth at her and hisses out of tenacity and stubborness only found in a honey badger, thinking to himself, She won't take me down!

~*~*~*~*~

Shaking her head, Mya speaks, ruby eyes gazing up at his fluffy white face with sincerity. "Not all wolves are ruthless or even mildly bad. I think your pack was wrong to ignore you just because you weren't like the stereotype. I've met many kind wolves over my years on the farm. They often come for fruit or the flowers I grew as a child. Many of them were very unlike the stereotype...only a few were mean. Only when I travelled did I realize that more wolves were mean than the ones that come to the farm. But even then, I have met some that were kind and even generous." Her smile is genuinely kind and thoughtful, and her mind only whirled around the thoughts of how glad she is that he is unlike the stereotypical wolf. At least this way, she can get to know him without the fear of him hurting her. In fact, with Tate, her only fear is that all he'll want to do is take care of her and not bother with anything else. After all, she is a goat, and he a wolf. Funny how things go...

Unaware of the change in color of his face, Mya continues to look at Tate even as he says her name questioningly. "Hmmmm?" Her fingers run between his soft hands, stroking the fur idly as she awaits his question. "I was...I was wondering if...if there is a possibility for us to see each other again?" Her smile only widens, and she gives a firm nod. She feels even happier now that she knows he wants to see her again, and she becomes more comfortable with him knowing he feels somewhat awkward asking her. "I would love that, Tate. Truly I would." When he bows his head and speaks again, she shakes her head, giggling lightly as her eyes move to the ground. "Honestly, I would like to know you more as well. Kina and I don't get out to often...and Nosy isn't one to open up too easily around others..so it's good to have someone that he does open up to while Kina and I have someone to take up our time." Looking back to him, she lifts his head, her gaze once more meeting his, and gives him a soft kiss on the nose, a thank you. "Please, do come see us again tomorrow...I'd really like to see you again soon after this night ends."

It is then that the wind suddenly picks up, and immediately, even as Tate's tail wraps gently around her shoulders, ruby eyes snap towards the tree, only to see that Paul is dangling from a branch at least fifty feet in the air and Nosy is clinging to the same branch, eyes wide with fear. Her eyes snap to the ground where Nosy's gaze is settling even as Paul pulls himself up, and suddenly anger fills her breast. She snaps up quickly, her mind only set on one thing, and her entire body tenses with fear. "Nosy!" Her voice cracks at the end of his name, and without a thought, she races over towards the tree, her voice only picking a higher octave as she watches the woman pull the boys down from the branch against their will. Nosy tries to be strong, hissing at the strange woman from behind Paul's leg, but the moment Mya charges up, the child leaps for her landing comfortably in her arms. Her eyes are angry, her breaths heavy as her heart beats faster and faster. Noticing almost immediately that the woman is cat, she wishes silently that Kina was there instead of her, knowing that she would be able to fight off magic with magic. But Mya doesn't have magic...only a green thumb and an intense love for Nosy. "What do you want with children?!" Her voice shows more confidence than she feels, wavering only slightly towards the end of her question.

"Da two o' ye and yer friends 'ave much to do about what 'appens next, ye know. Dun ask me what or why - da gods, dey do dings o' deir own accord, and dey dun like sharing plans much. Too complicated for us down below. But ye and ye friends would do well to follow me, if ye want da best chances." The woman was obviously talking to the boys, but Mya can't help but feel a pang of fear at the words spoken in the strange accent. Her eyes narrow at the woman, and once more she just wishes Kina were with her like she usually is. "What makes you think we'll follow you after you just dragged those two out of the tree without their permission?" Her eyes are like two red fires as her body tenses more, having no idea what the woman might be talking about. Nosy hisses again, his teeth still bared, before burying his face into Mya's shoulder, body trembling fearfully. "Just leave them alone, woman."

~*~*~*~*~

Kaan's grin only makes Kina giggle again, nodding. "Good, I'm glad you agree. But perhaps we could grow some...that'll keep your hands off of the ones that aren't yours." She nods, a brow rising has the tiger stands and goes over to a spot devoid of people at the moment. Laughing at his excitement and applauding his backflip before her laughter grows into a strong series of giggles as he lifts up the old Panda she had just finished speaking to and dancing around with him, Kina watches the panda ruffle and start slapping him around with his gardening tool, yelling, "No, I don't believe it, you fool! Now put me down flower pixie; some of us have work to do!" More giggles escape Kina's lips as her sparkling blue eyes watch Kaan kiss the forehead of the panda before stepping back over to the table and sitting back down.

As he sobers, so does she, managing to hold tight to the giggles that still tickle her throat. "No, my dear Kina. It is never a bad thing." This sends the young ocelot into another fit of giggles, and she clutches her side at the sudden pain that hits her ribs. She looks up at Kaan, slowly trying to get herself back into order, and after a few moments, she finally manages to get a hold on her laughter. "I'm glad," she manages, taking a small sip of the drink in the hand not clutching her side. "For a second there, I got worried." Of course, that is a lie. She could see plainly from the beginning how excited Kaan had gotten, but her twinkling of her eyes and the curvature of her lips tells such. "So, since I have to stay with you now, how about we go find the others together? I'm sure we can all tell stories of our times tonight. After all, it is getting rather late." And it would be, but of course Kina doesn't want the night to end. Her enjoyment of Kaan's prescence is apparant in her gaze, but so is her worry over Mya and Nosy. In all honesty, she can't wait to tell Mya about him...she just hopes that there wasn't any trouble in taking care of the mischievous toddler.

• Love
Paul stiffened in fear when he was torn off the tree branch, even though he used his entire strength. Once in the air, all his realistic and atheistic views of world suddenly disappeared, and he became the most religious person around. As he was hovering, surrounded by a field of blue, he glued his hands together and kept his eyes firmly shut, not daring to move or look down, god forbid. "P-please, please, please... I'll be good. I believe, I believe! Just don't let me get hurt! I'll do any---" He suddenly felt his backside touching the ground, and he dared to peek out. He was now sitting on the ground, with the black lady cat in front of him. He cleared his throat and got up, dusting off. "What I meant to say is... HA! Your powers don't scare us." In addition to it, Nosy hissed hiding behind him. "Exactly!" Paul tilted his head when the cat spoke. He was doing his best to understand what the hell was she talking about.

"Da two o' ye and yer friends 'ave much to do about what 'appens next, ye know. Dun ask me what or why - da gods, dey do dings o' deir own accord, and dey dun like sharing plans much. Too complicated for us down below. But ye and ye friends would do well to follow me, if ye want da best chances." The gods? Yeah right! Or that was what Paul thought. He frowned, sheltering Nosy. "Look lady, I don't know what the heck is wrong with you, but we ain't going nowhere." Why on earth would she say something like that? He was just a part of mercenary group that never had any connection to gods or magic, and Nosy was just a kid. And he highly doubted that Kina and Mya are involved in some shady business either. He spoke to the cat. "I think you got the wrong people for your request, maybe you needed someone else instead? It happens, nothing to be ashamed of." He kept his serious face on, still wondering what is going on.

Without hesitation, Tate got up and followed Mya with his long and determined steps. He was impressed by how much Mya can raise her voice. Once they were both under the tree, he looked at kids and smiled calmly.
"You ok there?" Paul nodded. "Yes. For now." Tate's face became serious as he looked at the cat. She was familiar to him. Maybe she was even one of the shopkeepers where he loved to buy things. One way or another, he could probably recognise shaman or a sorcerer when he sees one, and this cat smelled like one. He hear her words, and frowned lightly. He could understand her perfectly since he was familiar with those kind of accents, but he still wondered, why that message was told to them.

"What makes you think we'll follow you after you just dragged those two out of the tree without their permission?" Tate turned his head towards Mya. She was so adorable and fierce at the same time. Amazing. He smiled lightly, still not getting upset. He knew the sorcerer wouldn't do anything reckless. He watched as Nosy hissed terrified and Mya held him tighter. "Just leave them alone, woman." Tate nodded, putting his hand on Mya's shoulder lightly and assuringly. "Calm down, I got this." He stood in front of Mya and called up Paul. If anything goes wrong, which he doubted, it will have to go first through him. He smiled lightly and calmly bowed his head to sorceress, full of respect. "Greetings, sorceress. I am Tate, Tate Waya. I will gladly listen to what you have to say. Please, say as much as you need."

Kaan was more than pleased that Kina laughed so much on him goofing around. As his action told, he would do anything to see that wide cat smile of hers. She was just perfect in any way. At that point he thought how she probably should consider changing the rule number two in their mercenaries rules. If everything goes well with Kina, he won't need that one at all. He snapped out of his thoughts when Kina said.
"So, since I have to stay with you now, how about we go find the others together? I'm sure we can all tell stories of our times tonight. After all, it is getting rather late." He nodded quickly, getting up. "Of course! Let's find them. Where should we start first?" He approached her chair, offering her a hand to get up. He wondered how Paul and Tate were doing, but above all, he appreciated every moment of their date that Kina prolonged. He enjoyed it more than ever before.

Last edited:
Nyako gave a heavy sigh, before clenching her teeth in an attempt to reign herself in. Honestly, outsiders didn't know a damn thing about what was important.

"Yer a foolish ding, distractin' yerself wit' da mercenary boy," Nyako told Mya sharply, paying no mind to the hissing child. "If me makin' a comment to da two o' dem up dere in da branches is enough to drag dem down, I figured da least I could do was to bring dem down myself. Or would ye rather I let da young one drop to da ground? Ye wouldn't'a caught 'im, too busy gettin' yer taste o' dat fellow, and da dog still fumblin' for 'is own 'old. Now quit yer snippin' at me, girl, and use da brain da gods gave ye and listen for a moment, eh?"

Alright, so she didn't reign herself in very well, but Nyako wasn't the type to sugar coat the truth. And once again, time was of the essence. She'd get these tourists' attention somehow. Of course, one seemed to actually bother to listen, though Nyako couldn't help some skepticism. She knew Tate, perhaps not personally, but she knew his ways. Local flirt, always with some young lady clinging to his arm. Countless requests would be made from her shop concerning him, whether it was love charms or curses. Not that she ever went through with the requests, of course, Nyako had a strict policy against selling forceful spells. But it was still impressive, and so she wasn't so impressed when she watched him bow before her.

Still, he was the only one bothering to pay attention - or at least said he would - and Nyako wasn't about to curse luck.

Ignoring Paul's attempt to 'stand up to her', Nyako continued with her speech.

"Dere's about to be a great change in da lands," she stated. "A newcomer is about to make 'is move, and if 'e completes 'is goals, dat little boy won't be 'avin' a future to 'old on to. Da bunch o' ye 'ave a connection to all dis, a role to play in da gods' plan, and ye'd do well to listen to me. I didn't leave da Badlands to fight because yer pickin' da worst moments to fear for da boy's life." Even as she spoke, Nyako's fur was raising once more. The situation wasn't dire yet, but the sooner they acted, the better. She had plenty of faith in the gods, but there was coming some doubt for the servants they'd picked out, her included. She didn't like them speaking so directly to her, not one bit, not when their place was in the stars and hers upon the earth, and the Badlander tribes knew better than the outsiders when it came to keeping that balance in check. "I urge dat ye follow me, all o' ye, and da ot'er friends ye came wit'. Ye'd 'ave to, one way or anot'er, and trust me when I say dis, ye dun want to 'ave yer gods come down 'ere to make ye. Gods on mortal soils only make a mess o' dings."

• Love
Vampire.jpg

Liam arrived at the Central Park and just looked around. It was a pretty cool place, for creatures of the Unknown. He really didn't look like the rest, he didn't have a tail, nor the ears but he had SHARP teeth. Wicked, huh? Looks like a human, walks like one but really isn't. He just looked around and smiled a bit. He's never been to one of these before. Kind of reminds him of Final Fantasy and everything. "This is pretty awesome.." he said to himself as he continued to walk. People were chattering, others hanging out and dance at music spots. It was pretty cool. He heard that something big was happening here and so he came. Something told him to go. He had nothing better to do anyways. The funny thing is, he's a hybrid, a coyote, wolf, and dog. Crazy, huh? Long story, that'll be explained later but not now. He sat down and watched the events unfold around him. He smiled at the cool things around him.

He sat up and began to walk around some more around different areas and accidentally bumps into some people "Oh, sorry..." he said as he looked at them. They looked so different then him. He looked nothing like the others around him. He kind of got nervous but then he eased himself and relaxed. It's something he taught himself when he was a boy. He grinned a little and looked around them "I do apologize for such actions of mine. I am clumsy and foolish for not paying attention for the path I was taken. Do forgive my nonsense. If you may." he said as he looked at them and was about to leave. He didn't know what was going to happen. They could ask him who he was or why there is a human at this place or something.

(I bumped into Nyako and the rest. Sorry for this OOC post. Will be the last and I'll post in the OOC thread. Do forgive me.)

Last edited by a moderator:
~Town square~
Damian entered the town, with his sword slung behind his back. He flipped a coin, stuck it back in his pocket, and stared at the scene, quite a bustling time for this town, for it was a festival, children everywhere, cheering frantically. Like a huge party, boy did he feel so awkward at that moment. So why not? Damian thought to himself. He looked to his right to see a little stand, with a wolf-man chanting to a crowd "Step right up and see what you can do!" he points to Damian. "You there! Yes you! Don't look surprised! Come over here and try the challenge! You get big prizes if you win!" Damian shrugged, and went over to the game-stand. but he was cut-off by a little child, a fox-girl to be exact. she went up to the man and gave him a coin. The man then handed her a slingshot and a ball of some sort, he then told her to hit all six jars up there with one shot and she wins a prize. That seems fair. Damian crossed his arms and cocked his head to the right, wanting to see if the little girl could hit it. She was pretty skilled, she got the ball on and cocked an eye...and fired. The ball went spiraling toward the middle jar of the bottom row, it was a...
DIRECT HIT!
However the ball meagerly bounced of the jar with a soft "clink" on the jar, the jar that was hit didn't even wobble! It just sat there, unscathed. The man came back to her, and gave a sarcastic frown. "I am so sorry, but you can try again for another coin!" The girl started to tear. "But sir, that was my only coin! Can I just have that cute doggy for trying?" The man bent down to her and sighed. "I am sorry, but that is not how that works." At this point she was completely crying Damian's guilty conscious got the best of him again.
Alright, this ball just needs a bit more force to back it up, which means the ball needs to hit from a farther distance. Damian looks around the town before strolling up to the man and putting down a coin. he looked down at he crying girl who looked back at him. he smiled at her, then turned to the man, grabbed the slingshot and the ball before the man gave his briefing, then he turned around and aimed at a wooden post.
And fired. The ball ricocheted of of the post and came back to the game stand...right at the bottles, this time, it had so much force and power that it did managed to topple the jar...ALL of them in fact. The man came up to him with an flustered look on his face, then he gave a sly smirk to Damian, who then told him to pick out his prize. The girl went berserk with excitement. "The doggy! The doggy! I WANT THE DOGGY!!!" Damian pointed to the toy dog the girl wanted, and gave it to her. She smiled, and wiped her tears. "Thank you sir!" she said as she strolled off.
Funny, he didn't even know her, yet he does such good deeds.
He walked away from the game stand and strolled to the nearest food stand, which was by the fountain. He went toward the nice looking parasol lady, who had a tail and kept twirling around...with her parasol. but she did so in a majestic motion, as if she was dancing with it. Damian wait patiently until she noticed him and came over. she gave a small chuckle, and said cheerfully. "Oh hello you, did not see you there, what would you like to eat?"
He thought for a second. all in the whilst looking at her , she had rosy cheeks, and rose-red lips, as well as a dress to match with it, her palisade was a light pink, and had flowers tossed upon it, her animal distinguish was quite hard to tell, but she did have a fox-like tail, so it is to be assumed that she is a fox. Damian replied back. in a soft, kindly tone.
"Do you have any Chutlu Bread? It looks pinkish." She looked upon her stand, smiled at him, and gave him a fresh loaf of it. "Yes, right here, fresh batch too!" Damian took a whiff of the bread. It smelled heavenly, his family always made this type of bread on Fridays, it tasted so sweet and soft. It had a flavor too, a faint hint of strawberries, unknown the reason of it, he nonetheless liked the bread a lot, and then turned back and raised his right eyebrow. He suddenly realized something in midst of the glamour the Chutlu Bread presented. He replied back to her. "What is the cost?" The woman replied with gusto. "15 coins for the loaf, 5 for the slice." Damian counted her 15 coins and took the bread while giving her a small bow. With that he turned around and looked for a place to sit in the main square, and started to eat the bread.
A nice sight to see this festival would be at night, what wonders it might possess!

Status
Not open for further replies.