Caravan (A journey across a fantasy world!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dusty Trails

Original poster
Heyo, just throwing up an interest check for a little idea of mine. I want to do a sort of overall slower-paced RP (with some faster-paced bits) with some dice rolling thrown in for randomization and all that jazz. The roleplay would follow your group of characters as they travelled across this fantasy world to get to this big ol' mysterious tower for whatever reason. Wanderlust, riches, fame, whatever. As you travel, your caravan may grow (either with NPC characters or more player controlled characters.)

The game would use some dice rolling to decide random outcomes and for deciding the results of combat (which I actually hope to keep relatively low) and other risky activities. The RP would progress day by day, with random events (as well as some preplanned ones). On an uneventful day, you can either just skip to the next day or do some slice-of-life style roleplaying first, or do various activities that could help the caravan like hunting for more food (I might have a very basic needs system where the caravan has enough food for X days or something, nothing any more complicated than that). Would anybody be interested in such a thing, or would it be too 'gamey'?

Sounds interesting, so count me in.

It sure is a pretty cool idea. So, I too am interested.

Awesome, three people is good. I'm not quite ready to start, but I think I'm going to draw up a map of the area between the little village you guys are starting in and the Tower, as well as some possible routes. I'll probably write up some major locations along the way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.