Camp of the Exiled [OPEN! Needs players!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack heard the woman and he debated stepping out into the light of the moon. He took a deep breath and stepped out of the woods, staring into the eyes of the woman that had spoken to him. "Uh... Hello." His voice was low and rather raspy, his eyes flickering over her. "You say that you are a refugee?" He asked and took a step closer to her.

Esper turned towards the voice, her hands clasped at her stomach. Supernatural or not, their rag-tag group of survivors were in a strange new world with little to their names, and she was a tad nervous. It didn't show on her face, but her body language said otherwise.

A strange man stepped out into the moonlight. Esper took a small step back out of pure surprise. Was he a... what were they called again, human? She'd only heard of them in old legends and stories. Their species had been wiped out by the horde long ago, or so the stories said.

Esper shook her head to clear her thoughts. They'd managed to survive the end of their world, and here, thousands of years later, stood one of their descendants in a jungle of green.

The Witch managed a small smile at that. Perhaps their was hope for them too.

"Yes, we're Refugees. Our... our home dimension has been ravaged by the horde. As far as we know, we're.... we're the only ones left." she brushed her hands on her skirt and awkwardly offered a hand foreward. Was it still human custom to shake hands? Or wait... no... was it more customary to - what was it called - high five? That involved.. what was it... putting your hand up in the air and... slapping them with it? no, that didn't seem right at all... She stood there like a statue, hand out to shake.

Vermillion jumped up on a nearby rock so that he too was in full view, mewing in amusement. Esper cast a frown at him.

"Really dear, you do surprise me. I am Vermillion, and this is my Witch Esper." he daintily leaped over to Ester, zigzagging through her legs and across to the catgirl. He tilted his head, his bright eyes shining in the moonlight. "Might I say Esper, you have made lovely company while I have been gone."

He laughed, he smiled at the uneasiness of the angel, he moved closer and whispered, "I'll explain as we walk." He saw a damp area a bit away, he pointed and started walking, figuring she could walk but kept a close eye on her just in case. He analyzed the people before he left, What a random group. He paused and smiled at the Angel, "Apologizes, I have not introduced myself. I am Zaroll." He smiled and extended a handshake, his dark aura begining to darken as he realized his power was slowly coming back, though the pain was still there, he winced from it every so often.

"I'm Hadriel... If you didn't catch it from before." She said with a nervous laugh, extending her left hand to shake Zaroll's something that felt quite strange since she usually used her right hand... His aura was beginning to grow stronger, and it still unnerved her, as she usually didn't sense something like that from another being, especially one like Zaroll...

Payne flicked her ears and nodded to the male before she climbed the nearest tree to hunt for food. She could deal with living in the woods she always had.

sniffing the air she saw several apple trees that she leaped onto and pawed a few apples down from

"Watch your heads!!"

He laughed, realizing she noticed, he withdrew his hand "I see you noticed, Hadriel." He smirked, and held out his hands showing nothing in them "Reaper, or you know us as fallen angels. I figured we should talk before we both regained ourselves. Though I have no doubt we'd have to be on the same team anyways." He look to her wounds, "I'd heal you, but I figured you wouldn't want more pain to deal with pain." He shrugged it away, still looking for water.

Last edited by a moderator:
She smiled a little "Thanks for the consideration... I think I should be able to heal myself once I regain my own strength." she said, her voice was a little louder as her strength was starting to come back. She looked around for anything usefull, the ground around the area was littered with twigs, ones that could be used to make fires. Looking up, she discovered some sort of fruit hanging off of the vines around her, it looked like grapes. "I don't think food is gonna be a problem for now." she commented, tapping on Zaroll's shoulder, and pointing towards the fruit making sure to use her left hand.

He turned around, looked up, and laughed. "As well as water." He pointed to a fast moving stream of fresh water. "Better lucky then good, eh?" He motioned that he was going back. "We'll bring them here and decide what's best." He started heading back the way they came, and the bush made a movement. He froze in place and glared at it. "Quickly, I'd say." He realized he had put out a hand defensive infront of Hadriel. He looked at her and looked away, blushing. What was that?

Jack watched her not really believing that all of this was happening. Those other two looked like angels? One had wings. He sighed and held out his hand to shake hers. "My name is Jack, it's a pleasure to meet you." His smile was a bit hesitant. "Um... welcome to earth then.. Sorry to hear about what happened to your world and all that's pretty bad," he mumbled and ran a hand through his already messy hair.

Esper had a firm grip to her handshake, even though she'd never really done one before. "Thankyou for your warm welcome." she replied, then covered her head as a cascade of apples rained down from above. Huh, she thought, picking one up. She dusted it off. Something she could use for spells. Not to mention the bark from the apple tree might be useful, if the other survivors let her take a bit. Nothing like Rowan, but it could do in a pinch.
The witch looked back to the human man. He almost looked as unsettled as she did. Still, she thought, if a bunch of strange people crashed into her house back home.... actually, that had seemed like a regular occurance. She managed a genuine smile at the thought.

"I suppose you've never seen people like us before, have you? Well, I've never met a human. I always thought that they were..." Esper searched for the right word, not wanting to seem rude. "Delicate, I suppose." She looked over to Vermillion, who looked quite content following the catgirl around.

Speaking of, Esper had come out here to look for herbs. "Do you know this jungle? We don't have anything to trade for your assistance right now but... in future, we could have much to share with each other."

Hadriel was a little surprised when Zaroll's hand shot out in front of her, looking towards the bush where the sound had come from worriedly, she noticed a small little rodent dashing out a running off into the thicker parts of the forest. She couldn't help but laugh a little "I guess it was nothing to worry about after all!" She sait to Zaroll "Though it's nice to know you'd protect me if that rodent had been something more hostile." Hadriel commented, smiling a little at Zarrol. Despite her strength starting to come back, which was noticeable as she was talking a little more "naturally", she still didn't have enough to heal her self. "I guess I'll have to take care of my arm the old fashioned way." She thought as she continued to walk with Zarrol back where they came from.

The term delicate made Jack snort slightly to himself. He took his hand back from her and nodded. "Well we humans were wiped out but some did survive and managed to populate enough over these last years that we have evolved... But I am quite sad to say that we still have yet to figure out how to bring the technologies of our ancestors back so we live among the trees and the creatures here. And no I have never seen anything like you people. Well except for the cats of course... But most of those cats are gigantic now..." He chuckled and shoved his hands into the pockets of his brown trousers. "I am sure we can work something out but you all should find cover as soon as possible. You never know what could find you here." He sighed softly knowing that they could fall prey to a number of predators.

He blushed at Hadriel as she made her comment about the rodent,and put his left hand behind his head and laughed as well. He walked with her until they got to the others, he stopped. He made a tight fist, feeling his power was mostly back, he looked to Hadriel, "Apologizes Angel, but I'm going to patrol. Know I'll be following you and nothing will come unexpected." He took another look at the group, then back to Hadriel, and turned away from them. He waved a hand, "If you worry too much about me, just call." He chuckled, then disappeared into the woods.

Esper nodded along as he spoke. "I wonder what your ancestors would have thought about all this now." she said, looking up at the moon. "Once upon a time we were your legends..." she trailed off as the angels returned, watching as the man headed off into the forest.

"You're quite right Jack. This clearing we landed in, while it made a good evac site, is far too exposed. Not to mention the flames from earlier might of attracted some attention. We'll need to move further into the jungle to survive. Know anywhere suitable?"

Hadriel looked on as Zaroll flew off, though she still sensed his dark aura around. Looking back towards the others, she noticed one was a human. Curiously enough, it seems he had more muscle than the average conception most of her colleagues had on humans. Deciding not to be rude, she waited for Espers conversation with the human to end before she herself said anything, so for the time being, she just stood there, looking up at the night sky, and occasionally sneaking a curious glance at the human male; she hadn't ever encountered one before...

Last edited:
"Depending on how many of you there are you can stay with my sister and myself for the night." Jack offered. He noticed one of them disappear and rose a brow. He could handle himself hopefully. "We have a small hut, it isn't much and part of it is a cave. But it will do until you all can figure something out." His eyes fell on the angel and he looked over her wings briefly before turning his attention back to Esper.

Zaroll sighed deeply, and started flying around the group of people, just about an inch off the ground. He flew fast, and wasn't really finding any animals or plants out of the ordinary... yet. He stopped for a moment, and looked to the ground. He realized his power was back. He glared at the area away from the jungle. They are out there, He thought, his anger boiling more and more. He started to walk to the darkness but thought back to the small group of people. He felt bad for thinking about abandoning them for his own selfish desire to go out for revenge. This is why you aren't like her. He could sense the angel from where he was, waiting for anything her or the group might need. He started flying quietly, but quickly around their area again. Hoping not to run into any of those Horde creatures, for the Horde's sake. He smirked at the thought.

"Thankyou kindly. It sounds perfect for us. Certainly easier to defend then here."

I hate to ruin your party, came the voice of Vermillion. Esper looked over to the catgirl, who Vermillion had been helping. She couldn't see him out there with her, but then, a black cat out at night could be hard to see. There is something out there. Watching you lot. Right now.

Esper tensed up, her face going pale. She had no spellbook or potions with her, only what she had already memorised. The witch dared not move from where she was standing, but she cast her gaze into the depths of the forest. Horde? she asked her familliar. Esper could sense the tension in his voice.

Without a doubt.

"Guys, if we're going to move, it might be good to go now. Something's out there." Esper spoke in a low voice as she cast a worried look to Hadriel.

Noticing the worried look Esper was giving her she gave her a reassuring smile, it seemed a little forced "I'll be fine, it's only my arm that's injured." she peered into the forest, seeing a few shadowy forms moving about, it was the horde alright. There just seemed to be no complete escape from them these days... She wished she still had her weapong with her, but it was knocked out of her hand when that injury wast dealt to her right arm, she usually used her left to cast healing spells, which she could have been able to do if they jsut had some more time.

Zaroll flew in, "Five hundred meters out, twelve of them, closing in quickly" He looked at the Angel, and the Witch and noticed their lack of weapons. He sighed, "They won't get close to us." He promised. He smiled at the Angel and Witch, "You have a Reaper at hand, I'll take care of them." He smirked and stood proud, though he thought twelve may be troublesome. He had fought against them before but only one or two at a time. He felt himself relax, and prepared. "Get to where you need, you'll find no trouble. I'll be fighting, no need to worry." He looked at the Human, "Move quickly, not promising one or two may get through. They are fairly organized but feeding on me might be their priority." He shrugged, not really knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.