Calls to Anolia OOC: A Decentralized Yuri/Adventure

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
For about the next week, I'm going to be much busier than usual. This means that all the functions associated with me GMing are going to be limited to the little time I can commit. If there are any large issues that spring up, I will handle them to the best of my ability if you detail them in a message. Sorry to vanish, but I'll be on as often as possible. Dragon-san, I haven't looked at your character, but assume her accepted.

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
May I join?

I wanted to suggest Siren and Scholar as classes.
Perhaps someone could help me?

Yeh we can help. Just follow the general format of other classes, and post it here. We will run it through the gauntlet of peer review ^_^ Just make it sensible and balanced. I'm going to work though, but I'll check out whatever you post bub.

• Thank You
Reactions: ☆Luna☆
I wanted to suggest Siren and Scholar as classes.
Perhaps someone could help me?
Dubs-san is right on all accounts. Right now I'm spending all my time away from my computer and with a friend visiting me from Philly, and going to RTX, so I'm not on except to make sure everyone is still breathing at the end of the day when I'm totally exhausted. This will be changing on Tuesday, as that is when my friend goes back home. I'll still be around to accept characters, but there will likely be a delay.

Hi. So, does anyone have any information on how Astrologist mechanics work in combat and out as far as drawing
cards? Am I supposed to choose what I want, roll dice, or...?

Hi. So, does anyone have any information on how Astrologist mechanics work in combat and out as far as drawing
cards? Am I supposed to choose what I want, roll dice, or...?
Sorry for late at night reply.

It WAS gonna be simple dice roll, but since we don't have any way of doing it in a way where you can't just reroll till you get what you want (without letting us know), you should be able to just roleplay drawing whatever, although if you want the full effect I could set up a table easily for dice rolls, so you have something to draw from.

I was hoping Iwaku had a built in dice roll like a couple forums do, but it doesn't, nothing we can do about that.

Edit: I did the thing, use any free dice rolling site out there, like https://rolz.org/, roll a '1d101-1' and use the result to figure out what you drew.
You Rolled:You Drew:
00 - The Fool
1XIII - Death
2-10I - The Magician
11-15VII - The Chariot
16-19VIII - Justice
20-24III - The Empress
25XV - The Devil
26-29IV - The Emperor
30-34V - The Heirophant
35-39VI -The Lovers
40-49II - The High Priestess
50XIX - The Sun
51-59XIV - Temperance
60XX - Judgement
61-70XI - Strength
71-75IX - Hermit
76-80X - Wheel of Fortune
81-85XII - The Hanged Man
86-90XVII - The Star
91-94XVIII - The Moon
95-99XVI - The Tower
100XX1 - The World

If you don't have that card, roll again till you get a result you do have, or take the card of the next highest roll.

No I don't know why it's adding so much white space at the top of the table :c

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I'm not familiar with dice rolls or how it works. I've had it explained to me before, and I guess it's me over complicating things in my head. I think I'd rather just roleplay it out by my choice, and maybe like, whoever I'm drawing for, we could maybe discuss beforehand some cool scenarios and situations where the card I draw effects them, or maybe if they want a specific card pulled to kind of screw things up. They could serve as plot devices at some point, if that makes sense. Especially when Chryseis gets her hand on some of the more higher leveled cards with more consequences for drawing them reversed.

Also, another question: Do Astrologists literally draw the cards, or can it be a magical experience? Since a lot of the cards serve to buff/debuff allies and enemies, and I can't imagine her dealing a full tarot deck say if they were in battle?

To be honest, I'm not familiar with dice rolls or how it works. I've had it explained to me before, and I guess it's me over complicating things in my head. I think I'd rather just roleplay it out by my choice, and maybe like, whoever I'm drawing for, we could maybe discuss beforehand some cool scenarios and situations where the card I draw effects them, or maybe if they want a specific card pulled to kind of screw things up. They could serve as plot devices at some point, if that makes sense. Especially when Chryseis gets her hand on some of the more higher leveled cards with more consequences for drawing them reversed.

Also, another question: Do Astrologists literally draw the cards, or can it be a magical experience? Since a lot of the cards serve to buff/debuff allies and enemies, and I can't imagine her dealing a full tarot deck say if they were in battle?
Actually, Iwaku does have a dice system, one that I used for Kira Kira extensively. I think the way it was handled back then is about how we should handle it in this RP. Although we do have the option to pick specific options if it would make the plot interesting, on a routine basis, it should be determined randomly. In order to determine which effect goes off, make a post in the OOC with a table containing which numbers correspond to which cards. Select "More Options", then "throw a die".

It would definitely be a magical experience, that's half the fun! Like, think card magically floating out of the deck in your hands, or something like that. Roleplaying out what you draw instead of drawing is a possible idea, but then a bit of what the class was intended to do (pure random fun!) is gone, since the random element is taken out. It's up to Luna in the end, not me, I only chime in since I designed it, but it's definitely the most complex of all the basic classes.

Still, in the end, the right answer is "whatever makes roleplaying it the most fun!"

Okay. I suppose I don't really have a choice then. How do you determine if the card is reversed or not in the roleplay?

I clicked more options and I'm not seeing throw a dice option.

Edit: Nvm, I found it.

Last edited:
Okay. I suppose I don't really have a choice then. How do you determine if the card is reversed or not in the roleplay?

I clicked more options and I'm not seeing throw a dice option.

Edit: Nvm, I found it.
You always have a choice, if it's not fun for you, you don't have to do it.

I'm still figuring out how to even dice roll, maybe it's an edit post feature?

Edit: Oh, I see it, it's on the post itself, it's not while typing up/editing the post, I never knew that o.o

Probably just throw another 1d100, if it's less than 15, it was reversed. I don't want it to be 50/50, that would just be nasty and mean D:

DoubleEdit: Oh boy, it doesn't go up to 100, only 90, that means rewriting the damn table, I'll do that tomorrow, uuuuuuuugh

I'll write up my post this weekend, been a busy week with school starting up.

You always have a choice, if it's not fun for you, you don't have to do it.

I'm still figuring out how to even dice roll, maybe it's an edit post feature?

Edit: Oh, I see it, it's on the post itself, it's not while typing up/editing the post, I never knew that o.o

Probably just throw another 1d100, if it's less than 15, it was reversed. I don't want it to be 50/50, that would just be nasty and mean D:

DoubleEdit: Oh boy, it doesn't go up to 100, only 90, that means rewriting the damn table, I'll do that tomorrow, uuuuuuuugh
I'm going to give the dice rolling thing a try before I decide it's not fun for me. :) It should be fine if I'm given freedom a bit like I said for plot, or developmental reasons to choose which card Chryseis has drawn.

I'm going to give the dice rolling thing a try before I decide it's not fun for me. :) It should be fine if I'm given freedom a bit like I said for plot, or developmental reasons to choose which card Chryseis has drawn.
Well, I mean, you choose an RNG class, so I just assumed that it was clear this is part of the territory. If dice aren't your thing, it might be better to make a character you can enjoy rather than trying to make it work. Alternately, I could make a different version of the Astrologist which doesn't have any RNG. Unless you'd rather just keep things as they are of course.

Well, I mean, you choose an RNG class, so I just assumed that it was clear this is part of the territory. If dice aren't your thing, it might be better to make a character you can enjoy rather than trying to make it work. Alternately, I could make a different version of the Astrologist which doesn't have any RNG. Unless you'd rather just keep things as they are of course.
No, that's not necessary. I actually like the character I've created, I just didn't think it through completely since I try to avoid dice rolling. It's really just a challenge right now, because I feel Chryseis will be useless in...pretty much every combat situation for awhile.

No, that's not necessary. I actually like the character I've created, I just didn't think it through completely since I try to avoid dice rolling. It's really just a challenge right now, because I feel Chryseis will be useless in...pretty much every combat situation for awhile.
I mean, the Astrologist build you have was intended to be a noncombatant. Which is why if you wanted your character to participate in combat, I think I need to redesign the class you picked. Something that would not require you to adjust your character. I'd only be changing the attributes of her class, while trying to remain within the Astrologist theme.

I mean, the Astrologist build you have was intended to be a noncombatant. Which is why if you wanted your character to participate in combat, I think I need to redesign the class you picked. Something that would not require you to adjust your character. I'd only be changing the attributes of her class, while trying to remain within the Astrologist theme.
Yeah, I figured it would be like that, similar to clerics. So it's not a big deal when I think about it, I guess I just don't want to be a burden or fall into damsel in distress territory.

Yeah, I figured it would be like that, similar to clerics. So it's not a big deal when I think about it, I guess I just don't want to be a burden or fall into damsel in distress territory.
Absolutely not. Your character is no more a damsel in distress than any other backline fighter. Relying on your teammates is not the same as being a burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.