BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to Kraveing_Volkf's discovery of there being no way to create new threads in groups, it appears that there is also no way to create new groups currently.

The alerts that pop up when you are scrolling through a forum (Ie you have 1 new conversation ect ect.) They are all white. and have no text.
This is still happening. I get the same long white bar and I was confused as to what it was till I realized it was trying to tell me I had new messages or replies.

Reactions: LunaValentine
This is still happening. I get the same long white bar and I was confused as to what it was till I realized it was trying to tell me I had new messages or replies.
Glad I am not the only one, this is happening too. (See that daddy I was helpful at some point in time!)

Okay, Alert box being unreadable should now be fixed!

And the missing Create Groups and Post Thread buttons in the groups area should now be fixed!

Group and group thread creation confirmed for working again. Thanks for the quick fix. :D

Okay so I thiiiiiiiink but am not sure I found a bug.

I went to update my status message on my profile in the dumb way that I do, and I made it say "This is my new status message".

It posted to my... wall I guess it's called, with the italics formatted in properly.

BUT to the little status message bit under my profile itself, it included the [i] and the [/i] around it.

So instead, it said "This is my [i]new[/i] status message"

And that's what I think but am not sure is a bug!

Okay that's all, kbai.

UPDATE: So I just refreshed and the [i] stuff went away. Odd. Also it's all in italics but I think that's intended.

UPDATE 2; BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE: So I then went to my profile account settings page, where you update your personal details and avatar or whatever, and THERE it still says my status message has the [i] stuff in it. Even after refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i try to type a post, the assist field is gone (the one with all the buttons to change font, size, color, italics, insert images, insert links, etc)

My alert's aren't working for certain Roleplays. I am not able to see when people reply to my roleplay (Fight for Valeroma) because alerts aren't working for that one. But they work for other ones.

I can't remember if I brought this up a while back but I'm unable to delete my folders.

the edit post button does not seem to work

No more prefixes?

@Tonedeaf only you can see your conversations, this has been tested and confirmed by volunteers!
Then are you perhaps able to see the postings to conversations if it's the participant's postings? I experimented with this. >>

I have three bugs. Or maybe they aren't really bugs, I'm not sure.

So when navigating the site, and you click on the headings like 'Home', 'Forum', 'Group' and depending on which on you click on that heading is highlighted in the teal/green color? When you click on 'Home' you don't get that. And I mean it's not really a bug, but it does confuse me sometimes, because the highlight stays on 'Forum' and doesn't switch to 'Home'. I hope that explanation wasn't confusing. I'll take a picture of it if you want?

The only reason that I didn't post that in style errors was because the design is fine, it's just that the highlight thing doesn't move.

Also I don't get alerts from a lot of roleplays and re-watching them doesn't help.

Update: When I try to @ people, sometimes their names don't pop up and I have to quote/reply them instead.

Update: Some of the banners come up as the default iwaky gray box with a rabbit thing and just a teal/green title. Is that just me or...?

Last edited:
your website does not let me post anything at all on my samsung three, the post bubble or box does not even show up, the the key board does not come up either, ive tried refreshing the page and logging in and out and nothing works. :( i can only post on my lap top and im not on my lap top often. Let me know if you figure it out. Thanks so much guys the new site looks awesome :D

It might be only me, but it seems that I'm not receiving any alerts after people tag me in their posts.

Wasnt sure if I should put this here or the Style thread, but... Auto save, where are you! I love you auto save, you save me from having to memorize everything I want to do when I need to look at another page or app on my iPad and the browser refreshes when I return!

Reactions: Mundane Monster
This very well could belong in the style thread, but I'm just going to call it a bug. After a point, the text editor decided that it wanted to add quite a number of tags to all my existing ones, breaking them in the process. I attempted to just delete them manually, and then the problem got ten times worse.

See for yourself. https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-art-of-magic-ooc.65523/

I agree with Ocha, I dearly dearly miss the auto-save feature... I was working on a post TWICE on Tuesday, and once my browser crashed, and another time I lost connection to Iwaku. Both times the post went poof. Can we pleeease get auto-save functionality back?

Also, quoting posts still breaks up quotes by paragraph breaks.

I really hope I'm posting this in the right spot, I looked everywhere, and this was the closest thing I could find regarding my issue. o-o
Nevertheless!
I FOUND A TYPO! DX

Right here.
bug.PNG

Please excuse my inner Grammar Nazi.
I just saw it and just...
It really irked me. e-e

Anyhow, as a side note, Happy Turkey Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.