Broken Peace, Shattered Core

Carson was almost finished having his newly undead druid heal the female Fox Kin he rescued from the fire as Owl yelled something about helping the fallen, but receiving no payment. He didn't care about money when it came to his brethren. He dabbed away most of the blood with some pieces of cloth and picked her up, placing one arm behind her head and the other under the back of her knees. He looked down at her face as he carried her, and nuzzled her to reassure her that she would be alright, he would not leave her to die.

He would not let her die, as he had so many others of his kind.

he spoke as he was tackled and then picked up " Every time... people just love to tackle me " He looked at the man and just stood there nodding to him speaking and then said " What do i do then?...wait here...with all this chaos " He ran his hand through his hair sighing his eyes just looking around for an answer to this mayhem, Turning his neck a bit so that it makes a small cracking noise he returns his head to look at the male again.

Echo turned to face the woman talking to her. "Am I unwelcome in this area?" She asked, with a hint of anger. "Should I leave, and not come back? Do you not need me?" Her eyes started to turn crystal clear, which always happens when she was on the verge of unable to control her anger.

Quick as lightning, she fashioned an ice shard and threw it to the ground with much force, and walked away into the forest.

The kin just shook as she was picked up as she was starting to regain a sense of her body. Her breathing was shallow as the lack of blood revealed a bright orange colored fur. Still stained with some of her injuries but she looked up with her eyes changing colors randomly. Moving from purple to green to red as he nuzzled her.

Daemon moved over to Carson as he finished moving some bodies and looked down at the wounded in his arms. "I know we butted heads but I wouldn't consider staying here. It will get more ridiculous in a few hours. The U.N. undoubtedly will come searching this area and if you are here they won't stop like we had. We gave them the rarity of mercy and it is something we shouldn't expect in return for creating a fiery explosion near their border." Daemon glanced at Owl who seemed to be regaining his step.

"If you truly want to help these people we can cause some sabotage to their machinery and army once we get to our targeted city. That would give them enough time to escape and injure their armed forces." Daemon replied as he moved himself away from the burned bodies. "You should easily see how interfering with the army would help our interests overall. Staying here gives us no benefit. Not even to them. We aren't an army we are a simple sabotage group." Daemon reminded him. "Even your undead would be outnumbered." He stated.

---

"I am sorry but you risked all of our lives with that action. You obviously gave a heart attack to these innocent people. Caused them to fire out of fear and with good reason. Slavers hire Core, Federationalists, Alundra and even other Kin to murder these freedom fighters and torture them to prevent further operations." The man settled the scythe on his back and handed Razeleth a pouch of water. "You will have to deal like it like all the rest of us have. We accept these things not because we don't like them but we refuse to run away from them. Thinking the world is perfect is a false ideal but you can at least believe in an idea where we could achieve happiness."

"I use to be a pacifist and a monk until my village was destroyed after that I have become a worker for the poor providing any basic services I can to small towns and villages I have come across." The man replied. "It is things like that to keep you going and things like this that remind you what you need to do." He replied as he watched as the last of the fire seemed to be contained and the injured and the dead began to get gathered. "We should at least help them." He replied as he covered his hands with some gloves and moved forward.

---

"Your species is on the edge of extinction. Why do you remain here while entire lineages have been eradicated. You may even be the last of your clan and in your culture it is through family that history is retained... Now multiple of those generations are gone never to be heard again." The woman revealed a marking that was on her arm which was of a snake wrapped by a crooked sword. "I do need you and that is why I wish to speak with you." Ari watched as she shot a shard of ice against the ground and she stood back as she watched her walk away. She turned and cursed before going after Echo/

Razeleth ruffled his own hair and looked at a man crawling across the floor, He walked over to him slowly and began helping him up off the floor. He brought the man over to were the injured were being taken care of and looked around noticing the amount of deaths. He shivered a bit and continued looking around for people who were injured, but he couldn't stop thinking about what the man said. He took a sip of the water he gave him and shook his head a bit. Wiping some of the sweat off his brow. He walked around and noticed a man with a bone fragment in his chest, He sighed and slowly removed the bone from the dead body. He picked the man up and was carrying him to the dead bodies of the others, when he tripped and fell. He hit the floor and said " Dammit " he lifted the man up again and walked him to the pile of bodies.

Nydia gave owl a small nod before walking off to gather some of the people of the group. She spotted one member, Razeleth carrying the dead to their places. Seeing the pitiful bodies broken and bent, she couldn't help but feel the need to help the dead. She joined Razeleth, dragging one body to the rest of the dead and then another body. After dropping off the second corpse, she moved to Razeleth's side. "We should get going soon before more trouble comes. These people are already a loss cause. No help can be done for them," she said to him.

Carson looked up when Daemon Walked over. "I agree, staying here is not a good idea." He looked over at the people helping the dead. He barked loudly, causing a booming echo. All the bodies that had not already been obliterated or reduced to cinders got up and walked with the group. Even with these ghouls, they would still not be enough to take on an army. "As for helping the people, I say we get done what we originally came to do, and see what we have left. He looked down at the fox in his arms, checking to see if she had come to her senses or not.

Echo walked for quite a while, deep into the unknown, precarious rainforest, trying to calm herself down. Her eyes turned back to the usual cerulean blue, and she stopped walking, heaving a small sigh of relief. She wondered if she should go back to the team, but decided against it at the moment, as she doubted they'll miss her anyway.

Echo heard the snap of a stick and she prepared to attack, her eyes already turning paler while she was making an ice sword, and turned around.

"Oh. It's you." She smashed the sword to the ground and folded her arms. "Talk," she snapped.

"Alright! Everyone listen up!" Owl yelled as he got to his feet and darkness seemed to be leaking from the wounds among his body. He looked at all of the soldiers helping the injured. "Right now it is going to become insanely dangerous with what we just caused. With this outburst so close to the border it is only a matter of time before this area will be 'inspected' by the U.N. troops. We cannot take the entirety of their forces. They will most likely come in droves and if any action occurs they will likely bomb the living hell out of the area. We need to focus on going now so bring your supplies. I will place people in two teams. One will be a reserve unit that will help if we need trouble and can cover us from behind and assure our escape route. The others will be with me getting into their water supply, contaminating it and altering their safety measures to make sure they do not notice it." Owl replied as he looked at the Kin species among his group. "I have no reason to distrust any of you since even most still hate the U.N. for starting a war that has resulted to this but I know many of you seek asylum there. I assure you this won't affect the civilian population since this is mostly used for the military in this south eastern base."

"I have a simple solution." Daemon replied as he moved forward and looked as Razeleth tended to the bodies with Nydia. "We could use the injured and the second group as a diversion. It would cause them to leave and think that was the primary threat. We could make it look like a bandit attack and as the second group retreats we could focus on getting in and out before night disappears."

The man who helped Razeleth watched over carefully as he attended to the wounded and his blue markings shone softly. He looked at Nydia and stood. "I believe we simply have to leave.
Some of us already know the trouble that will come." He replied as he grabbed some packs with him from dead bodies.

Owl nodded and pointed at Razeleth, Nydia, Carson, Daemon and the man with the blue markings. "All of us will be the small contamination team. The rest will either remove the injured or be a part of team B to ensure our safety. I say we mix these plans to assure some success." Owl replied as a helicopter flew miles above them. It didn't seem to have noticed them but it began to shine bright lights throughout the dark forest to investigate the cause of the flames. As it hummed lowly it began to drop things into the forest. Giant flashes of bright light shot through the forest as they nearly blinded them. Owl cursed and told those to take the injured as he ushered the others to move forward.

"Don't take that thing out! It is simply looking for us but they are probably already moving into the forest! Everyone get moving!"

The man in the blue markings looked at Razeleth as he tossed him a small pouch. It was filled to the brim with explosives as he tossed Nydia a similar small bag. "Let us begin moving then."

---

Daemon grinned as he covered his eyes and looked at Carson. "Looks like we are right." He replied as some of the flashes of light went through the bodies filled with holes from shrapnel. "That power could be drastically helpful though." Daemon urged as he looked at the helicopter. "Can you control them to rush in the other direction to give us time with the injured? It could distract them and give them false information." Daemon looked down at the Kin within his arms. "You may also have to choose between her and your life." Daemon replied as he touched him on the shoulder. "You have the right idea though. The mission is top priority."

The kin in his arms began to stir more as her eyes flinched from the massive flash from the forest. It caused her to struggle in her arms and she now seemed generally distressed. As she moved a tag was on her neck revealing a bunch of numbers and an I.D. from CORE. As she struggle a ghoul nearby was slashed in half.

---

Ari held a snap twig in her hand as she tossed it aside. "So you truly don't remember?..." Ari held the silence for a moment before walking forward softly and standing directly behind Echo. She pulled out a blade from a pouch and held it in her hands. She stared at Echo before dropping the blade at her side. "You have forgotten." Ari walked past Echo as she found a tree and touched it before resting against it. "I owe your kind a lot... When I was abandoned at a prison camp your kind provided me a home, food and even a place to sleep while the rest of the world was at war. They didn't discriminate against race, gender, or wealth. They provided what people needed especially all the injured and in places like those people made friends." Ari looked at the blade she dropped at Echo's side. "I met a young girl named Echo." She glanced at her old friends eyes. "She was my friend and ally and I thought I could always live there with the others and maybe even become an Alundra but I was an idiot and foolish..." She shook her head from her foolishness. "As the war raged on and began to affect the Alundra... Humans and Kin began to be turned away and looked on with disgust. Those currently living in the society began to be pushed away from them and isolated. Eventually that happened to me. As the last ruling family began to fade because of some disease they only had a few people who could make decisions like this. One of those people was you but since you were young they decided to do it without you." Ari looked at the blade. "You knew one day they would remove me and gave me that dagger to at least protect myself from the evils from the world. I have kept it until now but I feel I lost a friend." Ari whispered as she looked at Echo. "What they eventually decided on was to erase the memory of the Alundran people to make sure they never had this bond with other kinds and to eliminate any friendships they may have ever created."

Ari rose her arms as the flash spread throughout the forest and covered them. She cursed as the hum of the helicopter was heard and more seemed to be joining. "I don't know about you but I am going out there to fight and also..." Ari rose her forearm and pulled her sleeve down to reveal a snake wrapped around a sword. "I am a part of the Sienta." She replied as more flashes seemed to envelope the area.

Razeleth was confused at the moment but then caught on, He caught the pouch and looked at the people who he was going to be traveling with. He let a small sigh go as the bright lights of the helicopter hit the area, He put his back to a tree so the blinding light wouldn't destroy his Night vision. He had been in the dark for so long that that he could probably see better now then he could a few hours ago. He smirked and said " Well then...lets get moving" He would follow Owl and anyone in his group to the end...this was it he was closer than he ever was now and nothing was going to stop him. Once this was over he could probably find his way to the borderlands with a bit of help and maybe a travel guide of some sorts but that was in the back of his head at this very moment.

Echo stared from Ari to the blade and back at her. So, that woman's supposedly a friend, huh? Not that she can remember of. All Echo remembered as far as she could was the raging war, and how much she hated those goddamn people for starting this nonsense. Not to forget, the population of male Alundra was decreasing, and she has to find something that could help get back the guys of their kind.

Echo stood as still as she could as the flash of the helicopter came and went. She looked at Ari. "Nice story, but we gotta move if you don't wanna die not fighting," Echo replied, and tossed the dagger to Ari. She doesn't discriminate any race or gender, and that was what he mother taught her. Help anyone in need, friend or foe. Echo ran back to where the rest were.

As she dropped the dead body at the pile, she heard Owl speak. She quickly went to him, her shoes hardly making a noise against the ground. Her eyes stared intently at owl as she listened, making sure not to miss a word. This was her first time ever doing anything like this so she didn't want to mess it up. With a small nod, Nydia agreed to the plan.

When the helicopter appeared, Nydia instantly stood up anxiously, knowing it was a sign to leave. She covered her eyes with her arms as bright lights cut through the air and down to the ground. She was still staring at the helicopter when she saw a small pouch flying towards her. Quickly catching it with her right hand, she saw inside that it contained explosives. The man who had pitched her the bag, one with blue markings, spoke and she nodded to him before turning and following in silence, closely with the group.

Carson shushed the stirring Fox Kin and handed her off to one of the Ghouls. He turned to Daemon. "Yes, I can. As long as I can focus on... well... anything, I can control them." He let out another bark with a slightly different tone, and all the now-risen-fallen that weren't helping care for the injured turned the other way and began heading in the opposite direction. "Eventually, they will make a lot of noise to provide a distraction, so we should move as soon as possible." He ran his hands through his dark grey fur. "If you wish, I can either come and aid with the mission, or stay with the group and aid the wounded. Either command is fine by me, so long as the mission is carried out. So long as the armies of Undead continue to grow. So long as the U.N. Gets what they deserve."

He looked up at the rising moon. He closed his eyes, bowing his head. He spoke in a hushed voice, not necessarily to anyone around him. "Artemis, guide me and my allies on our hunt for vengeance, and stray our enemies from our trail." He looked over at Daemon. "Make your choice. Or consult Owl."