Broken Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owen bobbed his head 'yes' "Mmhm. It is.....far, though. I've only been there twice." He took a paused, chewing his lower lip, before saying "I....stay in my room. But I still know places. Lots of places. I know the file room, and I know the lobby, and I know the exam rooms." He smiled once more "Is...that helpful?"

Casey blinked back more tears that threatened to fall. She nodded mutely, not trusting her voice at the moment. She pushed herself off the ground and stumbled through the doorway. Casey kept her head straight forwards as she followed the man before her blindly. She really hoped this wasn't a lure to kill her in some weird sadistic way and he really would help her.

Owen walked out, glancing over his shoulder at Casey "Do you want new clothes first? I know that room, too." He said. He seemed completely bothered by the room they had been in only moments ago. Rather, he seemed cheerier than before, and willing to help her out. How long that would last was debatable, since he quite often changed his mind on things. Right now, though, he was content with leading her around.

"Okay," Casey mumbled in an empty voice. Her feet moved of their own accord as they walked through Mayview. Every screech, every passing wind, every brush of a rat scurrying across the door made her jump. She was nearly touching Owen she was that close. "What's your name?" She asked barely above a whisper. He was kind enough to offer up new clothes she could just ask his name.

"Owe." He replied, rounding a corner and glancing around "What're you?" It was obvious what he meant, and he just said it in the complete wrong way. He made his way over to a room, and opened the door, looking in. He grinned once he viewed that it held the outfits, and walked in, gesturing to them "Here!"

"Casey," she said. Owen has stopped so abruptly she almost ran into him. When she saw the clothes she almost jumped for joy. Casey pushed forwards and grabbed a pair of nurses scrubs. She yanked her clothes off, not even thinking about Owen's presence. She pulled on her clean clothes and used her old shirt to clean her hands the best she could.

Owen simply took time to look around the room, grinning as he grabbed and poked various objects. He eventually found a lab coat, and, with almost child-like glee, put it on. Then, satisfied, he stayed away from the other clothes. Though he was covered in the red substance, he didn't seem to be that concerned with it.

Casey stepped up to Owen and tapped his shoulder. She nodded towards the door, feeling a little bit better than before. "We should go," her voice was just a whisper. She wrapped her hand lightly around his bicep and tugged him gently. "C'mon before the killer gets back," she urged.

He stumbled behind her, raising an eyebrow "Gets back? From where? Where did they go?" He asked, as if he actually thought she would know "Oh! Is he the one who got Doctor Martin? Did he do the whole room thing? I was wondering about that!" He smiled "That doesn't happen usually."

Casey let out a frustrated groan. She grabbed Owen and tugged his arm. "Not now! We need to go. He's...she's...whatever! They're here and we need to go!" She said through clenched teeth. Casey hurried down the hall, making sure Owen followed her.

Owen frowned a bit, but followed behind her willingly. He didn't see why not; she seemed nice enough, and since he wasn't able to return to his room, he might as well. "Why do we need to go?" He asked, as he didn't really understand why the situation was so dire "Why are you rushing? Is there something you need to do?"

Casey huffed and stopped in the middle of the hallway. She was really getting fed up with this cluelessness. "There is a killer out there, here, somewhere! We need to go so we don't die," she ground out slowly. She grabbed Owen's hand and dragged him through the labrythn of halls. She had no idea where she was going. She just hoped one of these things led to an exit.

He stumbled behind her "Oh...that isn't so bad." He mumbled, though mostly to himself, as he glanced around the halls. Then, he looked at her again, eyebrows knit together "Didn't you want me to lead you to somewhere? You did, didn't you? Because you're pulling me, and that doesn't seem right."

Casey sighed when she came to a fork. She looked to Owen, releasing his hand. "Alright you get us out of here then," she said, looking down each hall. Both were equally dark. She could only see a few inches down each hall.

Owen paused, glancing around, before frowning "Uh.....well, this is the wrong hall. I can't see the numbers on the sign." He mumbled "But I think the security room is near here, and that has a map! A map would work, right?" He brightened, looking over at Casey for confirmation.

"A map would be fantastic!" Casey said excitedly. She held on to Owen, for fear of losing him in the dark. You could hear footsteps somewhere in the distance. Casey's heart lept into her throat at the noise. "Hurry!" She whispered wanting to get far, far away from whoever those footsteps belonged to.

Owen glanced in the direction of the footsteps. He, of course, wasn't afraid of them, but moved quickly for the sake of Casey as he began to walk down the dark hallway. He made a few turns, making sure to be quiet, before arriving at a door. He tried the handle once. It didn't open. Twice produced the same conclusion. He began to jiggle it, frowning a bit, a little worried about how he said he could get them a map and now he couldn't.

Casey glanced over her shoulder. She could hear the steps coming closer and it terrified her to no end. She looked over Owen's shoulder and noticed his distress. "It's locked?" She whispered. She chewed her bottom lip and gently moved him to the side. "I got it." She knelt beneath the door, pulling to Bobby pins from her hair. She used them to pick the lock and ushered Owen inside. She locked it just as the steps passed. She held her breath as they came closer. "Shhh."

Owen stared at the door, before glancing at Casey. He wondered if this was the murderer guy she had been talking about. It might just be a person too, though. Wouldn't that be good, though? Did they know for sure that this person was bad. However, he kept quiet, as he didn't want to annoy Casey more than he already had been. He returned his gaze to the door, wondering when they could stop being completely silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.