Bright Lights, Big City

Any had asked him sincerely how she would make him want to eat. A small chuckle escaped him as he realized the innuendo had escaped the poor girl. No matter. "Well, you are the local. Sort of. Is there any place you prefer? I have been mostly surviving on random fast food chains the last few days. Which, that can't be good right?" He said, shrugging about it all. Richie knew it was bad but it was a little nerve racking to go around a place you have never been, are not accustomed too, and you stick out like a bent coat hanger.

"Still, A good walk never hurt anyone. Cmon." The vocalist made his way up the stairs and out of the door to the alleyway. He took in some fresh air, feeling that he would be getting the coveted call all musicians lust after. Even if he didn't have a guy on the inside, that audition was smashed like a 21 year old frat boy after finals. Turning around he bent down to spot Amy still standing there. Now that he had a walking buddy, also known as a guide, Richie was all about exploring. "You coming or what?"

Amy was still trying to figure out his comment but crashed back to reality when he pointed out that she still hadn't moved. "Oh! Right, well,... how do you feel about sushi? I mean hard core, authentic, real seaweed and real wasabi type of sushi?" She loved it. Back in the states, it tasted fine, but the wasabi wasn't nearly as spicy as the real thing. It was also a bit more decorated. She liked normal: Fish, rice, seaweed and some basic seasoning. She licked her lips just thinking about it.

"Because there is this awesome place near by. I go there a couple times a week because it's so close to my place. And they have never failed me yet." She paused, thinking about other restaurants near by. "But if there is something else you crave, let me know, and I can tell you of a couple places that might have it."

She debated if she should turn her ringer up on loud or if she could just let it stay silent. She wasn't sure if she got the band gig, but somehow she was hopeful.

"As opposed to the plastic seaweed and play-dough wasabi they have in the states?" He said, chuckling at her statement. Of course, her point didn't escape him. The place that invented the food just somehow always nailed it better. The same way you only ever buy NY strip steak from the Big Apple unless you have a true hankering for it. And with his current location being Japan, he would not be able to forgive himself if he didn't have some of the homegrown cuisine.

"Sushi would be great, actually. Lead the way." Richie smirked. He reached into his pocket and made sure his wallet was still there. It was, along with the little paper with the heart. His mind had drifted to her for a brief moment. I should call her, even if we don't end up going out. It would be the polite thing to do. Nodding to himself, the singer looked over to Amy. "Do they also serve it with ginger? I love putting ginger on my sushi."

"I don't see why not," she replied, glad he easily agreed. She also thanked the stars/God that Richie didn't seem to catch the fact she let out about her living near by. It slipped, but he didn't react so she figured she was in the clear. "Ginger seems to be growing in popularity. I have no idea how sushi originally started, but Wasabi is calling my name!"

She saw him put his hand into his pocket, and all she could think about was that being the place that phone number was. Or was it? Maybe he was looking for something else- and even IF he was looking for that number, why did she care? They weren't dating. They were just hanging out after an audition; nothing big. And it wasn't like she was attached to the guy. Or interested. No, she was waaaaay to busy to be interested in someone right now. Especially if they were going to become band mates. Yeah.. if they become band mates, this was the perfect way to be on good and friendly terms. That's it.

Wow... that almost sounded convincing to herself.

She was just utterly pathetic.

This is why she did her 'night job' alone with no side-kick. Easier to handle with no complications.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hustle and bustle of the city was certainly something he didn't miss from back home. There were too many cars and not enough street. It didn't help that people were trying to cross the street and from far off it looked like ants swarming the stopped cars for food. It was not the nicest site but it was the nature of the environment. Plenty of hungry people and plenty of places to pop up and feed them all. Richie was following her lead and heading down the sidewalk. "Good, wallet is still in there. Means I can actually have some sushi."

He chuckled and smiled at her. "So what is this place called?"

Amy had a slight relief in her when he mentioned his wallet. Man, she was getting weird. Maybe this is why she didn't hang with people often. "This is actually a chain that is quite affordable. I like it anyway. Sushi Sanmai. It's affordable." She had gotten quite familiar with this particular chain for there were a lot of people who went through so sometimes she could spot different personality types. Yes, it was cheaper but it was still a good quality. She dreamed of possibly going to Fukuzushi someday - there were celebrities who sometimes eat there! - but until then, she got her needs satisfied here.

When she entered, she waved to the Sushi Chef and the attendant, the attendant recognizing her. Amy bowed in hello, then turned around to make sure Richie was right behind her. She didn't realize it, but she also took out her phone and looked at it to see if she had a phone call. Nothing yet, but what did she expect? She just left auditions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Richie nodded, satisfied with her answer. Sushi it is then...for our first date. It was clearly too soon to call it a date but it was nice to pretend. She was an interesting, attractive gal. Who wouldn't want to go on a date with her? Soon enough they arrived at the eatery and seen that she had bowed so he did the same. It was quick but it still counted. The chef waved as they both looked at eachother. "You know, they are probably either still debating or still cleaning up the place. We might not hear from them in a day or so." He said, looking at her phone.

Chuckling, they were eventually sat with their menus. Richie was lost and not knowing what the heck any of this was. He recognized keywords but things like Tempura or Naga--something just flew right over his head. Good thing he had someone here that knows about this. "I am leaning towards the sushi roll with shrimp and cream cheese. What about you?"

Amy also was a bit anxious, she had a feeling she might be getting a different notice, but she was trying to play it off. "But aren't you just so excited after this? The audition isn't what gets me the most, it is the WAIT afterwards. That is the hardest part. Anticipation my friend, is a killer," she stated, jokingly rolling her eyes. "And you were the only good singer, so you are allowed to have more confidence. Me on the other hand... I don't even remember what the other bass players sound like. And I got caught up in what I was doing so I don't even remember."

She knew exactly what she wanted without looking at the menu. "Maguro Zanmai. Comes with lots of different types of Tuna Sushi. Sometimes the basics are the best. It may be a lot, but whatever I don't eat now, I can take home."

Yes, her favorite sushi place. Affordable and it satisfied her cravings. She licked her lips in excitement, knowing she looked a little silly to most of the people around her. She was slightly older so they expected her to not act too excited, but she just couldn't help it.

"You would be surprised what someone can hide." Richie shook his head before realizing how cryptic that sounds. "Nervousness, I mean. But you flatter me with your compliments. You keep it up, I might make you take me out on a date." Lightly laughing, he looks over the menu again. "Though, if I may be honest, I am not well versed in bass or anything. I honestly, could not tell who was who. However, I can tell you that it's obvious how passionate you are and how badly you want this. If anyone deserves it, it would be you Amy."

He looked up to see her excitable mood and the licking of her lips. Adjusting in his seat, because the sight excited him as well, the menu was closed and put down. Just in time too, as the waitress had arrived. In which case, the non Japanese speaker going to shut up and just point to things he wanted.

"Oh, so cute. Best way to do it," she commented, noticing his method. She shook her head laughing, then gave her order. "I would like the Maguro Zanmai please," she spoke fluently in Japanese. The waitress bowed and took their order to the chef.

"And let me take you? Oh what an honor Sir. You Englishmen always know how to flatter," Amy retorted in a British accent once the waitress walked away. "Passion alone does not make an audition. But thank you for the vote in confidence." She was going to say something else when her phone screen flashed. "Sorry, don't want to be rude, but I have to look at this," she stated, wondering who in the world would be trying to contact her.

A brief glance showed an alert that there was a new message on a board she had been following. It was in regards to a potential robbery to take place that night. A lot of the talk was false information, but once in a while, there were good hints. It was supposed to be at a wealthy businessman's home. There was a rumor that he had acquired a precious stone that was worth hundreds of thousands. This fool was cocky enough to invite criminals to try to test his new top-of-the-line security system. There was a rise in theories and even people possibly conspiring together. It wouldn't be that much of a worry, but there seemed to be a rise in people who had.... additional abilities. And if one of the was brave enough to try, it could lead to more problems.

Amy had already planned on scoping the place that night to stop people who would even try, but she cursed the old man's foolishness for the open invite.

She just brushed the notice away, as if it were nothing and put her phone back down, smiling at Richie. "Ah, social media sites. I swear they give too many notifications. Now if I could just top being addicted I'd have an easier time."

Richie raised an eyebrow. "Either too far or not far enough, depending on which direction you are going. You are supposed to be aiming for New York." He said, shaking his head at her. As she apologized, his hand waved her off. It was understandable. Sometimes, things were important enough to break dinner conversation. This reminded him that he needed to get a phone on this network so he had a way to contact someone outside his home. Hell, he wasn't even sure there was enough scouting done on this place to even patrol effectively.

"You didn't happen to look at your phone during the audition did ya?" He said, jokingly. "So do y--" Mid sentence he moved his leg and they ended up bumping calves. It startled him. "S-Sorry about that." He moved his leg away, but not before noticing how firm she was. Was she a runner, in her spare time? She probably exercise to get that kind of hot bods. "Well, someone certainly has some nice calves." He said, trying to play off the nervousness. Just then the waitress gave them their drinks, bowed and moved onto another table.

Amy giggled at his nervousness. Maybe she was too Americanized. "Yeah, kind of. I mean, I have a thing for... jogging." It was close enough, it wasn't a fully lie. She loved to go out for a run, but it was hard enough finding a place where she wouldn't be caught - she was super fast. Her ability came in handy for her style though, and she had no complaints. Knowing she would freak a few people out, she moved he legs from under the table, and pulled up her pant leg, showing her legs. "Not bad though, I guess. Never paid attention. You a leg man," she asked, raising an eyebrow.

She couldn't help but be curious what he was going to ask, but she brushed it off. Must have not been important. "And I would be fool if I checked it during auditions! They would have kicked me out before even starting," she joked. She finally started to drink her tea, after she added a bit of sugar. Again, Americanized.

Richie leaned over and took a peak on her nicely toned leg. "More like an art admirer." He said, giving her a satisfactory nod. Sipping on his chocolate milk, he looked out the window to watch people go by. It was good, rich chocolate. The sun kept getting blocked by clouds so the street looked like the light was being turned off and on again.

"What song did you do anyways? Maybe if I knew which one was yours, I could try and remember who was who. Just...please tell me your weren't the one that tried to do the theme to Teen Titans. That was...gosh this will sound so mean but...it made me want to slap a baby." He shook his head again, feeling guilty for saying it. "I am not even sure if they know how to tune their bass."

The waitress then arrived with their food. "Oh boy." Richie smiled and gave a bow to the waitress.

Amy laughed. Yeah, she heard that guy too. It was pretty bad. She did a slightly different approach. Wasn't the best thing in the world, but she had to admit, it was pretty fun.
"I was more of a free style," she answered. "It wasn't of a particular song or anything. It was... inspired by another bassist I had heard once. Maybe if we get a chance in a moment, I'll play it for you."

She nodded her head at the waitress when she stopped by with the food, and paused. "Well, now is good time as any," she stated. She just pulled out her bass, knowing the few people who where there. She looked over at the workers, and they gave a nod of approval. There weren't many people there, and they weren't expecting a huge rush that night. So it was okay.

"Girlfriend got skillllllz. Mmmmmhmmm." He said, giving a smile and wink. Recognizing the tune after a few seconds, Richie tapped his foot in time with the bass. "Yeah ok, that was you then. I'd say you were definitely top tier, in that group, if not all the groups that were there."

Looking down at their fresh food, he got rather excited and had it in his mind that you can't beat the original. The best pizza comes from Italy. The best sushi SHOULD come from Japan. Don't let me down now, logic. He grabbed his nomming utensils and took a bit of the rice and put it in his mouth. It was nice. Soft and flavorful. "Mm. That is pretty good. Also, do you know of any places where they sell phones for cheap? I need something on this network so people can call me when I am not in my apartment. And probably a plan of some sort." Without waiting for her reply he continued into his food.

Amy laughed, after she finished. She put away her bass, shaking her head. "And people believe I have a weird way of talking. You may have just beat me." She did her traditional thanks for the meal then went in to eat her sushi. "Oh Tuna you will always be best," she murmured, then took a bite.

She raised an eyebrow at all of his questions, seeing as he never gave her a chance to answer. She finished her piece, waiting to see if he'd add to it before replying. She also added on of her pieces to his plate, seeing as he didn't have the best sushi on it. "I think there is a store near by that might sell second hand. Otherwise, sometimes military brats may have some 'good deals' but I think they have horrific prices sometimes. I use Softbank, but NTT Docomo, and au by KDDI is supposed to be okay as well. I am too lazy to look honestly."

Ah, he planning on having a life. Makes perfect sense. Not everyone is a shut in like her. Then again, even she has a cell phone. "What in the world have you been using then?"

"Tuna? Eww, how are we supposed to make out after this date if you smell like a dirty fish?" He said, laughing and continuing to eat. Didn't mean anything by it and he wasn't even thinking about that until it popped into his head to say. At least, he didn't think he was. Yeah, I probably wasn't. It would be far to early...and brilliant for something like that to happen. Shaking his head, what Amy was mentioning began to take hold.

"If you trust it, then I should probably go with Softbank as well. Even a lazy person would change networks if it did them wrong." He took another bite before answering her question. "Just the phone that came with the apartment. I am usually out and about at night and sleep all day. Strange, I know, but it is who I am."

Amy raised an eyebrow at him. What kind of person is out all night? Usually that meant someone dangerous, but he didn't seem the dangerous type. But then again, who is she to judge? She spent a lot of nights... roaming as well. "Well, you'll just have to lower your expectations then," she commented then as if to make a point, she took another bite of sushi. Man, it was good. She would live off of this if she could.

This guy was definitely much more fun that she had originally pegged him for. "You are definitely simpatico. It is nice to see." Friendly people are always fun to talk to. Just there was less of the outgoing friendly type it seemed like, so she was glad she somehow stuck with this guy for auditions.

Ignoring that he didn't know what the hell simpatico, the rest of the meal had went well. She had even given him her phone number for when he FINALLY gets a phone for this network. With that, they separated and went home. It had been a pretty successful day. He had a great audition, got TWO pretty ladies' numbers, had some of the tasty local food, and now was going to try and go out tonight for patrolling. Alright, feeling good. Should be fun.

His apartment wasn't TOO far away, but it was enough to warrant a bit of rest and a shower. Putting his musical side away, in favor of heroism, the young man slipped on his costume. Shocking himself a bit, his hair began to stand up on end. A tactic to keep his identity secret. Slipping his visor and wristbands on, he became Charger. Climbing down the fire escape, the hero began his first patrol. "I wonder what those gals are doing right now..."

Amy was glad in the end that she did give him her phone number. Otherwise a possible good connection would have been lost. Unless they end up in the band together. But let's face it, what was the likelihood of that? She wasn't going to keep her hopes up, but for now, she had something else to address. She had to prepare herself for this evening, because she wasn't sure what all was going to go down. She needed to patrol, but she also needed to head over to cocky man's home.

She went ahead and forced a nap. It could be a long night. Once she woke up, she realized she kept on her wig. Black hair was her natural hair color, but to help protect her identity, she dyed her hair a deep red. And seeing as her speed at night was more likely to knock off a wig, she dyed her original hair rather than wear a wig at night. It seemed to work, for no one ever guess it was her. She had heard a few news reports, and they definitely noticed her hair. Yup, trail thrown off.

She dressed up in all black and grey, even covering the lower half of her face in a mask that looked similar to a ninja. Her blue eyes stood out, as well as her hair, so no one was really paying attention to what she wore. Once it was dark enough, she left out her window, and ran on the side of the building to jump a few over before going to the ground. It made it so no one quite pinpointed to her building.

She had been referred to as "yoru no kage" - The Night Shadow. Liking the sound of it, she kept it. It wasn't too cheesy or anything, and hey, it was easy to remember. Now she just had to remember what she was doing - right. Patrol, look around, then go to cocky man's house. The idiot.