Bound

Ryuko had fallen asleep waiting for the maid to bring the others. She had her curled her arms under her head and stared at the wall before falling asleep. She was mumbling in her sleep when the small bird flew through the window and landed beside her face. It twittered gently pulling her out of her nap.

"Eh? Nani o, kotori?" she mumbled in perfect japanese. The bird pulled at her hair a bit and twittered louder. "Alright I'm up..." she sat up and rubbed her eyes, not even notcing the people in the room.

"l...l-lemon juice... thats a horrible idea..." he said slightly louder than he had said anythign before. " Suppose i get some in my eye.. i'm not a fan of pain... that's just.. wierd." He said, without a smile, looking a bit cynical but not peaved. He followed michie. " You willign to take responsibility for that?" he asked, tripping on his cloak, it ripped again and he tumbled over it. holding his forehead. He sighed and got up, brushing off the dust. " man, I'm accident prone today." He said.

Ryuko stared sleepily at the boy who had tripped. "Daijobudesu ka?" she asked before looking around. She was still in the meeting room. "Ah, gomen ne! Watashi wa mada nemui... I mean, I'm sorry! I'm still sleepy..." she said sheepishly. She set the little bird back outside and bowed slightly. "Arigatogozaimasu, kotori..." she muttered to the bird before it flew off. She turned back to the others "Please, have a seat"

Dosetsu took a look around at the others and siddled into a seat, pulling the chair back and sitting, still clutching his cloak. He produced a needle and thread from a pocket and started mending it with grey thread as if it was not awkward. his silence however, was.

Ryuko rubbed her eyes sleepily and yawned. "What's your name?" she asked. She swatted at the air as if she was trying to swat away some of the awkwardness. "I'm Ryuko." she smiled shyly but there was a hint of calmness and peacefulness, as if her whole aura was a warm comforting hug. She fiddled with the beautiful pin on her kimono, acting shy.

[size=-2]
Tanpopo was saved her pathetic stewing by a passing maid, who ushered her in the gates with more enthusiasm than Tanpopo could seem to muster for having been let in from the weather that was giving off a slight chill. Tanpopo would have thanked the maid, but the cheerful woman led her to a room filled with other young people and then seemed to have disappeared. Tanpopo caught only the statement "I'm Ryuko" and decided that she had no iea why she was here. She did not know anyone named Ryuko.

Just as Tanpopo tried to backtrack, another maid walking from behind grinned broadly as she told her to "Make herself at home" and proceeded to push Tanpopo in through the door. Tanpopo nearly lost her balance, only managing to barely retain it as she stumbled into the room. Her dignity, however, she was sure that was gone. Instinctively, she made a note to try to avoid saying her name, lest her stupid actions travel by word back to her father, who might scold her for being awkward and clumsy.

The others seemed acquainted and Tanpopo wanted to fade away into nonexistence, but that would simply take too much work. Instead, she yawned.
[/size]

[BG="Yellow"]

Jamie nodded silently and kept quiet, sitting down she placed her hands on her lap and stared at her hands, her hairs draping her face like a curtain.
"I'm Jamie.." She looked up and smiled before returning to hiding behind her hair.
She listened to Michie and Dosetsu and heard another pair of feet enter.
Looking up she spotted another persona girl this time, and she looked just as awkward to be here and Jamie felt.
Turning back to Ryuko she swept her hair from her face.
"..So..you organised this"?
[/BG]

Ryuko nodded, still messing with her pin. "I am the Center... You four are North, South, East and West. As much as I'd hate to say this, you all must help me, Thus you are to live here... I'm sorry to inconvince anyone but it must be done... My parents will have your stuff brought here soon" she said, looking up. She pointed to four doors. "Those are your new rooms, they can be easily modified to look just like your old rooms. If you need anything, please tell me..."

A maid walked carrying two swords. "Ryuko-sama, the blacksmith just returned these. He said they were in perfect conditions, just a bit dull." Ryuko looked at the maid and took both swords. "Thanks, Alice. You are dismissed." The maid nodded and left quickly.

[BG="Yellow"]

Jamie's eyes opened in surprise at what she had said.
What were they going to do at home without her, there was chores to be done, food to be bought, the pets need to be fed..would her god parents remember? they were getting awfully forgetful in their age...
"Right.." Her eyes followed the swords then wandered to the 4 doors.
Jamie began to plait a little strand of her hair awkwardly.
She didn't really know what to say to that, it wasn't a question it was a statement.
Jamie looked at the others and thought about what their home life was like.
Dosetsu, well his didn't seem that nice all things considering.
Michie was a mystery to her really as was the other girl who had just arrived.

[/BG]

[DASH="#00FF66"][BG="#000000"]

мıcнıчυяαMICHIEκчσмσтσ

It wasn't in his expression, but Michiyura, at that moment, was the happiest boy alive. He knew what this meant. It meant that his powers, that fire conjuring up thing he did to impress people at school, were going to save him! He was getting away from home, from his perfect brothers and his annoying parents. He probably wouldn't even have to go to school anymore! He wouldn't have to work hard on his grades, or practice soccer anymore. And then, he could miss all the stupid parties and stay out of the drama and finally, he thought, happily, he could do something that only he could do. He was the south. He was the missing puzzle piece that this thing couldn't start without. If he wasn't here, they'd be missing someone.

He was important.

That was all Michie needed to know. He plopped onto the ground and let out an exasperated, yet relieved sigh. "Just when I got a girlfriend, too. You couldn't have better timing, could you?" That was the only thing he could possibly regret. Out of all the tens of girlfriends he'd had, Ella was definitely the best. She never asked anything of him and was unconditionally devoted. Of course he cared about her, but not as much as people cared about their significant others. Michie was too laid back for most girls. He wasn't romantic or particularly careful about what he said. He didn't really see why a girlfriend was more than just a friend who was a girl. People thought he was wrong though, but he didn't care. Ella didn't care. That was enough for him. He pulled the box of cookies out of his pocket and held it in hands, smiling softly. There was something he'd miss about walking her to school every morning, or picking her up from her prep classes after soccer practice. She'd always walk quietly, smiling & nodding as he told her about his day. He'd tell her everything, from how badly his mother had burnt the octopus in his lunch and how angry he was at the math teacher for making fun of him for not being able to do the quadratic equation. And Ella would laugh and tease him about it. Then, they'd laugh together.

Before Michie had realized, Ella had become an integral part of his day. It started with her smile and it ended with her presence. They did their homework together in his room sometimes. His mother always brought them lemonade and a snack. Michie could still remember the tangy sweetness of the last time he'd clanked his glass with Ella to cheers for their science and then chugged the entire glass of lemonade in one breath. Ella had laughed so hard her cheeks turned red. Michie was surprised she had it in her to laugh that hard.

He sighed as he put the box aside, deciding that reminiscing was nice, but where he was now, he would get he wanted. He only hoped that Ella would find someone else who cared about her more than he did. He looked over at Ryouko, intrigued by her appearance. They were both Japanese, he realized, recalling her earlier slip up in language. He smiled. At least something was familiar in this new life of his. Then, he looked over at Jamie, who was braiding her hair nervously. She was definitely worried. He wondered what she had left behind that she was so anxious not to lose.

Unlike the others, Michie realized, with a bored expression as he leaned against the wall and crossed his legs, he didn't really have much to lose. Except Ella. Yeah Michie thought, slightly bemused by his own lovesickness, I guess I will miss Ella. He never expected himself to miss a girl this much. But then, Michie reminded himself with a grin, he never expected such a dramatic change in his life.

[/BG][/DASH]

[BG="Yellow"]

Jamie stopped playing with her hair and placed her hands neatly in her lap, sitting up straight she looked around and sighed quietly, she knew this day would have to come, why she kept doubting it she didn't know..and it wasn't even a bad thing, she got the neckless from her mother and she knew all about it, and what she could do.
It'd be wonderful to live here, get away from school, and all the hours she'd have to spend alone.
Looking at Michie she noticed his expression hadn't changed from hearing this news, and wondered how he's taking it, doesn't he have a girl friend?
Jamie made a mental note to ask if he was okay after the silence had ended, but for now she'd just continue to stare into space, with a fixed smile on her face.
I'm needed for something, I have to get myself together, finally someone needs me to do something I may be good at...
Now truly smiling Jamie crossed her leg over the other, and looked at her feet.

[/BG]

Dosetsu pulled the thread through the rather blunt needle and found the first rip he wanted to mend. "DOset..su..." He started, clipping the thread and starting on a new rip. " The sound of a sword... cutting flesh." He added rather morbidly, not looking up from his work ont he greying garment...

"The center.. yes i remember an old story about that..." he added, oblivious to everyone elses qualms over the arrangements.

"The red phoenix... white tiger... black tortoise and ... hmmm can't remember the other, or which direcetion they were... the magazine article was full of fluff and fake names afterall... well i guess taking every legend with a grain of salt helps." he said, biting the thread off.

"Your telling us we are heroes...miss?" He said, pulling on his cape and looking at them all from his chair.

"Well... i'm sorry, I don't buy it." he said simply.

"Oh, and... one of your goones broke my favorite bokken getting me here... if your feeling generous i'd like a new one." he said with a muted expression on his face and sniffled boringly.

[size=-2]
Tanpopo waved her hands frantically at the girl, who started spouting crazy nonsense as soon as Tanpopo had walked into the room. Tanpopo felt fire rising in her cheeks as she realized that she must have infiltrated some secret meeting, or something... She headed for the door until menacing swords came through them, at which point she backtracked once more and ended up tripping over her own two feet.

"Ahh.. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt, I'm sure my parents are worried by now, though" she stammered, struggling to get up off of the floor and feeling so thoroughly embarrassed that she wanted to simply die right then and there. "Waah, of all the luck... I didn't mean to bother you, sorry, so sorry..." she looked around at all the calm faces, the confident looks of one of the boys and the pensive expression clearly written on the other's face.
[/size]

Ryuko looked over her beloved swords. She had missed them a bit. They were a part of her she loved. The feel of both swords in hand, slashing and blocking made her feel alive. She smiled happily at the thought of practicing again. "Anyway, I'm sure you will adjust to your life here... I hope..." she ran a finger the blade, loving the way the cool metal felt against her skin. "If you need anything, I'll be outside." She opened the window and looked out at the tree.

"3 feet drop, 4 feet across..." she muttered, easily calculating the speed and height of the jump. She stepped back a bit, ran forward and leaped out the large window. She grabbed onto a low branch and landed on the ground, unharmed.

"Absolutely wonderful, onee-chan!" she heard a child's voice say before she was tackled to the ground. She felt a few others jump on her before she pulled them all off.

"Hello, minasan!" she smiled at each one of the small children. These were the orphans that lived near by. She had taken them in and given them a beautiful orphanage. The kids loved her like she was really their sister. She loved having these little kids cling to her.

"Onee-chan! Can you show us those cool sword tricks?" one of the kids named Hiro asked. The others circled around her beggin her. Ryuko sighed and nodded. She could never say no to the kids, not even if she wanted to. She felt complled to do whatever they asked, not that she minded much.

"i.. I said. HEY, are you even listening?!" Dosetsu retorted to her blatent disregard for his statement. He growled in his throat and his hair stood on end. "I'M STILL TALKING TO YOU!" he yelled, standing up from teh table with his cloak around his neck, hood down on his back. He ran to the window and looked down on Ryuko with age slowly bubbling up from the hole confusion had left behind.

"I said...I. DON'T. BUY. IT." he grunted, throwing a nasty glance at her. "You are the center..heh... more like the self centered." He retorted again, spiting out he window. He turned around and paused looking at the others still in the room with him. His eyes flickered golden fora half moment before he looked back to the ground, putting his hood up and started walking for the door. "I want out of here..." he said softly to himself.

[BG="Yellow"]

Jamie gulped and stood up looking directly at Dosetsu.
She took the necklace from around her neck and looked at it, studying it again.
"I..." She wanted to be able to tell him he should stay, she wanted to be able to say something that wasn't gibberish nonsense, but she couldn't he was too mad, and if she was honest with herself she wasn't that good with reasoning.
"Uhh.." looking quickly to the others she stay stood, maybe one of them would give it a try.
I could always try.. wouldn't hurt anything..
Jamie nodded to herself and looked at Dosetsu.
"Uh..right.. I think, you should stay... you're supposed to be here.. at least..wait ten minutes, you need answers from her too... right"? Jamie glanced to the floor and then sat down quickly.

[/BG]

[size=-2]
Tanpopo paused and blinked for a moment when the girl seemed to entirely disregard the presence of other people in the room. "Right. Well, uhm, I'll be going now" she told the others, running her fingers through her hair. "Have a good day, I guess" she bowed a little to everyone in the room and then slipped out the door. Today had been weird - she knew that she shouldn't just accept weird notes. She had sort of hoped that it was someone wanting to be friends but it seemed more like an opportunity to show off her house to a bunch of poor, feisty children.

The house was large and Tanpopo quickly become lost in the many winding hallways and doors. Stubbornly, however, she pressed on, determined that she would find her way out despite the peculiar glances given to her by the maids. Tanpopo felt very sleepy after all this exertion and she was eager to be outside. Finally, she located the exit and was absolutely thrilled.

"Maybe Yono will let me sleep in the back of the ramen shop..." she wondered to herself, heading towards there since it was closer than her own house.
[/size]

Ryuko looked at the window and sighed. "I should have waited..." she closed her eyes and felt her necklace get warmer. "Pheonix... What do I do? I've never had to deal with so many people, even at one of mother's parties..." she watched as the kids left the yard and sat under the blooming cherry tree. She curled up and sighed again. "Oh, Pheonix, I wish brother were here... He'd know what to do..." she looked up into the tree and saw a small bird.

"I hate this..." she mumbled, glaring at a branch. "I really hate this... I wish I could just leave all this and go back to just sword fighting... I never asked for this, ya know... I sound like a child saying this..." she barked out a bitter laugh and shut her eyes, ready to nap.

"RYuko...All you wanna do is sword fight..." Dosetsu said, hearign this from all the way up in the dinning room. He heard a growl from the dark corner of the room and turned, eyes full of madness. It was happenign again. He had heard this growl periodically throughout his life... And then it clicked. How did he hear Ryuko speak. In seconds he ran out the door and was standing, a bit out of breath with his hands on his knees.

"You wanna sword fight... is that all you ever want." He said to her, standing upright and catching his breathe. "Bring me a sword... Lets see what you got." He smiled, pulling out his necklace. "And maybe... just maybe you can tell me more.. instead fo being so vague and mysterious. AI'm tired of gettign my chaisn yanked in every direction." He finished.

Of course, to everyone inside who wasn't looking out the window, it looked as if Dosetsu had run away.