Bound to the Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As instructed, Ameline had spent the evening close to Sahara. While the princess engaged with others, Ameline just smiled- and did her best to hide her sharp teeth. She spoke when spoken to, but otherwise tried to remain as innocuous as was possible for a vampire.

But, sure enough, staying in the background proved to be impossible. The king approached and, with a smile, asked her to dance. Ameline gave a glance to Sahara, and saw her tension, but knew that she could not resist. So instead, she bobbed in a curtsy to the king, and took his hand with as genuine a smile as she could muster. "My thanks for this dance, my king," she said, as they went to the dance floor. Perhaps, Ameline reasoned, if she did not resist, the king would let her return to Sahara rather than later.

The king grinned and lead her to the dance floor. Once their he wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her close to him her face only inches away from his. He held her hand firmly in his as they moved along with the music. "So what do you think of my kingdom Vampire?" He asked looking down at her beautiful eyes.

Sahara watched from the distance. She held a napkin in her graps whoch had been ripped to a few peices. Why does she care? She's just a slave of her brothers now so why did Sahara cared about what happens to her? That girl is to kind... to gentle to be in this situation. It wasn't fair that she was the one had to be sent here. It isn't fair that she is stuck as the kings pet.

It was difficult for Ameline to conceal her surprise at suddenly being pulled so close to the king, but she did smile at him once the initial shock had worn off. What did she think of the kingdom? That she a prisoner and it her captor, of course, but her face did not betray these thoughts. "I think it a fine one, though I should like to see more," she said instead as they danced.

Oh- how she hated being called 'vampire'. It made her sound dirty, like some sort of vagrant. And how she would have loved for Sahara to come save her from the king! Though human and siblings, only the king made Ameline's skin crawl. Sahara was much more amiable, even with the cold demeanor she'd had when they'd met. She'd been better later on, but never had she made the vampire's skin crawl.

Sahara watched for a while. She finally got herself to move. Although the king will probably kill her for this later she had to try. "Mind if I dance with her?" She didn't dare look the kind in the eye who had stopped and frowned. He looked up seeing that others were watching. And instead of making a sene he stepped away from her with a sigh. But before he left he leaned in close.
"After the ball I'll show you around." He whispered with a grin and walked off.
Sahara gently held her hand out to Ameline with a kind comforting smile.

Ameline smiled once more at the king. "I look forward to it," she murmured, and gladly took Sahara's hand. The smile that she gave the princess was one of relief. "I am glad for the opportunity to dance with you, Princess," she told the woman. Though the King unnerved her, Ameline thought it best to not share as much with Sahara- they were, after all, siblings. "I apologize for not being able to stay away from him, as you told me earlier," she murmured, as they fell into step with the dance. The King had not given her much choice, but Ameline imagined that Sahara would understand.

"No I am sorry I couldn't keep him away from you." She said stepping in veat with the music and all the people that surrounded them. She sighed and looked over at the girls eyes. "You have such beautiful eyes." She whispered quietly still looking over at Ameline. She was afraid to let her go. She didn't want her brother to have Ameline. Sahara wanted Ameline. Not like her brother wanted her, but like a little girl who wanted to be held.

As they swayed with the music, Ameline stared at Sahara. "My lady, it is not your fault that your brother asked so directly for me." She was just as startled by Sahara's next comment- her eyes widened and she felt the blood of her last meal flush her cheeks pink. The words had been so soft that Ameline could have even imagined the words. But she'd seen the princess' lips move, and murmured back, "As do you, my Princess."

Sahara smiled seeing her red cheeks. She looked so beautiful and sweet in the dress. And her red cheeks just added to it. But the song soon ended and Saharas feet stopped. She still didn't pulll away feeling hypnotized by her sweet eyes. She finally looked away and pulled her hand away. She looked around. "Um would you like to get something to eat?" She asked feeling a little embarrassed by her actions.

Whatever the cause, Sahara had smiled, and Ameline felt a thrill at seeing the curve of the girl's lips. The song, which had seemed eternal while Sahara's brother held her, soon finished, but the two ladies stayed close, and Ameline's blush didn't subside. That moment, too, soon ended, with Sahara asking Ameline about eating. The vampire shyly looked down. "I am glad to accompany you to the banquet table, though I fear that entrés of my diet may not be available." It would come as no surprise to Ameline if raw animals came as distasteful to Sahara's kind, particularly at a party.

Sahara nodded, "I thought so. Just thought I would offer." She said going towards the food. She sighed and got a small plate then stood out of the way of everyone. "What did my brother say to you? Just before he left." She asked looking over at her. Sahara couldn't help worry about her. The poor thing couldn't fight back. And if she did she will probably loose her life. Sahara will do everything she can to keep r precious Ameline safe. But she knew her brother would just love to have Saharas head. Or just make her life even more hell then it is.

Obediently, Ameline followed Sahara, and stood with the princess away from the other party goers. The seclusion was more of a facade than a reality, but the vampire enjoyed it nevertheless. "He said that he shall show me more of the kingdom once the ball has ended." Those weren't the king's exact words, but the only other meaning that Ameline could thing would fit them would be for him to show her the palace. The kingdom would make more sense, as that had been what they'd discussed beforehand.

Sahara took a deep breath. "Great..." she muttered and closed her eyes for a moment. "Hey Ameline?..." she started to ask but shook her head. "Nevermind." Her eyes remained shut for another minute as she thought quietly. She stood protectivly near her new friend, as well as hid in the corner the best she could. And it actually worked quite well. All these people were people her father, as well as brother, got along with. And there were very few that she actually liked. But one day if somthing were to happen to her brother she would have to get along with them.​

"My lady?" Ameline asked when Sahara said her name. It was followed by an order to disregard the matter, and so Ameline dropped it, though she was curious. Sahara did not seem thrilled with the prospect of Ameline and the king together. The vampire herself wasn't exactly enamored with the idea either, but she knew well enough to listen to her superiors- which the king was, now.

A moment later, Ameline decided that dropping the matter wasn't what she was, after all, going to do. "My lady, what is it? Please."

Sahara sighed and watched the people dance. She glanced over at the girl and looked into her eyes for a moment, "What is your home like?" She asked curiously. Sahara hasn't been outside of her own kingdom many times. Being the younger child she never had a reason to go anywhere. And the only person that could convince her father to let her go anywhere was her mother. With her gone, there was no convincing her brother to let her go. Sahara returned her attention to the people feeling bad to make her think about her home. It was probably hard enough leaving it behind, and now she was making her think about the loved ones that she will never see again. "I'm sorry to ask, if you wish, you don't have to talk about it." She said quietly.

The question startled the vampire, and her lips formed into an "o" as her eyes widened. Mockery and cruelty had been expected; genuine curiosity had caught Ameline off guard. The princess redacted the question soon, but the lady shook her head. "No, it is no trouble. My home... It is not dissimilar to what I have seen of yours. It is beautiful, if you wish, and we, too, celebrate in a manner as this, but for the banquet. Ours consists of servants and slaves that mingle with us and allow us drinks as we ask." Perhaps that was a rather uncouth thing to say. "My apologies. That was ill-mannered. But, forgive me, I know not where to start- what should you like to know of my home?"

Status
Not open for further replies.