Bloody Masquerade [private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So his assumptions were right. Kamijo knew well that she wasn't supposed to be here, especially since she was a teenager. Elder humans came to these gatherings because they were there when he was making these rules. It was not only a vampire council, but there were humans that were part of it as well. The ones that believed in co-existence between both races. Vampires were not monsters, at least the majority of them weren't. The ones that held aristocracy about them were the ones that weren't monsters. They learned to share their world. As to new vampires, they were the ones that needed to be watched after.

"Your father has a reason to hate us," Kamijo mentioned, looking up at the moon that was starting to be covered by a small amount of clouds. "Before these rules were in place, every vampire did what they pleased. Believe it or not, I also did hunt back then before I created this rule. I did it for the thrill and the adrenaline, but then something snapped me into reality. I have killed a mother in front of her child, and I have told myself that I would never do that. A child is not meant to see their mother, or father, die in front of them. That boy probably has a hatred for us now because of that night. I was that monster."

That was why he made the rule, no more taking away lives of the innocent. Vampires were murderers. That was why he told his kin to only feed from humans who were willing, or on the brink of death that gives their approval. If a human still wanted to live, a vampire would have to have self-control. That wasn't easy, but it was done.

Then he felt her shift closer to her as she asked a question, making him glance at her. "They are not talents that I simply can explain to you," he told her, smirking slightly. "It is something that you will have to experience on your own, or actually witness." It would be hard for her to witness anything because he never used his talents because he didn't hunt anymore, and it was an amusing thought that she would allow him to show her.

Alice felt a pain in her chest when he told her of the boy whom lost his mother to a vampire, the vampire that happened to stand right beside her. She felt sad for the boy, because he had lost a loved one, she felt sorrow for the mother that had to die in such a way, but she also felt grief for Kamijo whom had to live with the burden of having taken someones life and regretted it. That regret would stay with him for an eternity, or until he died.

"You were a monster indeed." Alice agreed after having thought of everything he had told her. "But you've regretted, felt guilty, and suffered because of your actions, then you did something good with that regret. You created a law that would make sure it didn't happen again." She then added. "You shouldn't be judged by your past, but by who you are and what you do now. And right now you seem to be a really nice guy that just wants the best for everyone. Vampire and human. You won't be able to change your past, whatever you did has already happened. Just make sure to not make the same mistake again."

It was slightly funny that a 19 year old girl was giving advice to and tried to cheer up a who knows how old vampire. It wasn't like she could teach him anything he didn't already know. Though sometimes you might need a reminder of certain things, or hear it from another person. Maybe what she said would make no difference, or maybe it would help him. At the very least it couldn't hurt to just try say something comforting.

"But I still do want to know about your special powers." She then added, getting back to where they were in the discussion. "I'm not much of a masochist myself though, so if it hurts I will probably have to pass." She added. There were things she would volunteer for out of curiosity, and there were things she wouldn't. Anything that would actually hurt her felt like a big no no. She had never liked the feeling of pain, like most of the normal humans in the world.

If her dad could see her now, half the place would probably have exploded together with him. She was talking to a vampire, had not tried to run away when he tried out his powers on her, and now was suggesting that he used more of his powers on her simply because she was curios of how they worked. This was definitely nothing she could bring up at the dinner table.

The vampire was actually glad to hear those words comes from the mouth of another person. Even if it was a young mortal woman, he was glad that he had some reassurance. At least someone else was proud of his rule other than the member of his council, as well as some humans here and there. Someone else appreciated what he was doing. Yes, he was a monster before, but he learned from that. When he killed in front of the innocent child, it brought him into realization that what vampires were doing had been a horrible thing.

"Thank you," was Kamijo's response to Alice after she spoke to him. What was done in the past had to be left in the past. Learning from the past made him who he was today. A vampire that had new morals. Everyone was to be treated equal. Vampires were not the greater race, no one was.

Then she went on about his other powers, then he chuckled at her mention of not being a masochist. "My other powers are not going to harm you, but place your mind in a calm place," he explained. That was what he was doing to her before, but she broke out of the trance. It just proved that she had a strong mind, which was interesting to him. Not many humans, especially women, could break out of that trance. There were only a couple of them who could.

"I will not try my powers on you, but I can explain them to you," he told her, "Though if you wish for me to show you, you will have to give me all of the control." It was all in her hands if she wanted to try or not. They wouldn't cause her pain, but relaxation. Simpy putting her in a trance, putting her mind in complete ease. The human mind was easy to persuade, and he knew learned how to work with it. After years of his practice, he seemed to master it pretty well.

Alice was curios about his powers, but to give him all of the control seemed a bit risky even for her. If she was put under a spell and got too far into it, then she might not be able to break it again like last time. Who knew what he could do to her if she got into that kind of state. But the question wasn't if he would or wouldn't harm her. The question was if she could trust him enough not to harm her if she gave him the control.

She did a fast review of the evening in her mind. Kamijo had approached her before anyone else whom desired her blood would have tried to take a shot, he had been honest, she did not sense that he had lied to her. But he had made one unwelcomed approach, just to try and see if he were able to put her into a trance. She stayed silent for far longer than what was socially acceptable and comfortable for either party. Could she truly trust him with her mind?

After what might have been minutes of silence, she finally broke it. "If you promise me that not a single drop of blood will leave my body, then I won't mind." She told him. He did not seem like a man, nor a vampire, whom would break a promise so easily. As long as she got that, then she would gladly let him show her how his powers worked. And she did hope he would accept that request. Though why would he not? He had not planned to drink her blood from the beginning, so it should be an easy promise to make.

Her dad would surely have told her not to trust such a demon like him. He would most likely have tried to kill the probably centuries old vampire if he had even seen them together. How old was Kamijo either way? Now she became quite curious. Though that question would have to wait until later. Was it even acceptable to ask a vampire for their age? She knew it was improper to ask old women about their age, though that was more a human rule since humans aged and women wanted to stay youthful forever. Vampires didn't have the problem of aging, so their age should merely be a number and not a countdown until their death day. So it shouldn't be such a weird question once she raised it. At least she hoped it wouldn't offend him.

Kamijo stood there and waited for her to speak. When she remained quiet, he knew that she was thinking about something. Then he didn't expect certain words to come out from her mouth. She wanted him to use his powers on her. No mortal was that willing to let him use his powers, but then again, he hasn't been around a mortal for over a century. The last time he has done any of this, he was hunting. Though he knew that he could control himself now. He had the will power to keep his fangs away from her skin.

"Do you really trust me that much?" He questioned, looking down at her. This woman was trusting a vampire that she has just met. What if he did break her promise? Though he wasn't going to. Even if her scent was sweet to him, he wasn't going to break. He has lived a long life to know not to do anything that would set someone off. Alice was just a little crazy enough to let him take control of her mind. It was going to be an interesting thing.

"Well, I do promise you that one drop of your blood will not fall from you," he promised, gently placing his hand on her cheek again and looked her in the eyes as he did before. "Shall I begin, Alice?"

This turned to be a strange night for him, and probably especially for her as well. He didn't image for the night to go far like it has. All he wanted was to simply meet this woman with the sweet scent, but he didn't expect everything to turn out like it did. Though she intrigued him like no other being has before and it excited him.

Anyone would have thought her mad for letting a vampire take over her mind willingly. But how were they any more sane? They who would ignore half the world only because it was filled with things that scared them. Never confronting the shadows would mean that they never would understand them. At least Alice made an effort to understand what most people feared. Because just like the childish fears of the dark, it was a ridiculous fear. Just like the fear of being murdered by a stranger passing by, it was a ridiculous fear. It was something that could happen, but very few would actually die of.

"I do not see any reason why I shouldn't." She replied. "You haven't done anything to earn my distrust." Trust and distrust was earned, it didn't matter if it was a human or a vampire. It was first when they decided to betray ones trust that they could not be trusted. Kamijo might not have done much, but his honesty so far had certainly gained him some points on the trusting side.

Alice looked into his eyes, already starting to loose her breath before he had even done anything. He simply had those dreamy eyes that was awfully easy to get lost in. "I am ready whenever you are." She answered him, not completely sure what to expect. Though she could imagine it would be like the last time. Her body would become ridiculously calm and she would feel safe, even in the arms of a complete stranger. Maybe she would even believe that giving up her blood to him would be a wonderful thing while being in that state.

But she trusted Kamijo's words. He would not drink of her blood while having her in a hypnosis. Vampire or human, she would believe their words as long as they showed her that they were trustworthy. Though Kamijo was probably the only one whom would ever get to hypnotize her already ten minutes after they first met each other.

This woman before him was truly daring, and he respected that. Alice trusted him, and that was probably because he was honest with her. Kamijo had no intentions to lie to her, there had been no reason to. Lying was just a cowardly thing to do, and he has not lied to anyone before, even when he was the monster that he was. When someone lied to him, he could easily point it out that they are lying. He could read people well, especially his own race. They weren't that clever with their lies most of the time, but he would let some lies slide.

Now she was ready to be sent to a calm state, though he wondered how far he was actually going to take it. This was going to be the ultimate test, especially that it was just the two of them all alone on the balcony. There was no one to pull him back if he were to take things too far, but he was trusting himself not to go too far. Though there was no telling because he could even get trapped in her scent. Perhaps this was a bad idea, but backing out of this was not an option for now.

"I want you to listen to me carefully," he started, keeping her gaze. Usually he never spoke through his hypnosis process, but he wanted to walk her through the process. When he hypnotized other people before, it was simple. Just one look into his eyes, they would fall into their own mind and fall into his trap. Usually the process didn't take long, so this was going to be quick. "Your mind will slip into that calm state like it has done before, your body will slowly start to feel lighter."

He kept his hand on her neck as he spoke to her, and his other hand was placed at her hip in case she needed to be supported. His thumb gently stroked the skin of her cheek, and he could feel her heartbeat. He knew that as soon as her body relaxed, he knew that was when it would start to become hard to keep himself leveled. At this point he knew he could break eye contact with her once she was relaxed, she would be still hypnotized. As soon as that happened, he leaned in and brought his lips close to her ear. "Let my voice soothe you, my dear," he whispered in her ear.

"I want you to listen to me carefully." Kamijo's voice echoed as he started to explain to her what would happen. It hadn't been necessary for him to tell her, as she already knew from last time. She wouldn't have been surprised and broken it this time as she already knew what to expect. But she did appreciate it, not because he told her what happened to her, but because his voice helped to calm her mind when she knew that she should fight back.

Alice's mind was screaming at her, telling her to break free, that something was wrong. It took some time before she could truly let her mind give in to Kamijo's spell as her body had. Just as he had told her, her body felt light. Her legs wanted to relax just like the rest of her body did, slowly they stopped supporting her weight. If Kamijo hadn't been holding her as he did, she would most likely have fallen to the ground.

Her heart beat so slow and calmly one could almost believe it would stop at any second. But it didn't. It kept going just like on any other day. Her mind was almost blank, and if there were any thoughts that could bring her back to reality, they fast disappeared into the fog inside her mind. Her mind might have tried to warn her again and again, but she could no longer sense anything dangerous or strange. She was calm and happy. Whatever Kamijo would have done in that moment would have been justified in her mind, at least for as long as he had her under his spell.

During normal circumstances, the whisper in her ear would surely have given her chills and made her back away. But now it was like a lullaby, a magic spell she didn't want to wake up from.

Everything seemed to work accordingly, and this was pleasing. Though it was still hard for him. The blood lust coursed through him violently as he smelt her sweet scent, breathing it in as his lips hovered about the skin of her neck. Kamijo could hear her heart beat, could almost feel it. All of this was so dangerous. He was putting himself in his own spell that he couldn't break away from. He said nothing, he let his breath go over the skin of her neck.

The monster was slowly coming out, the part of him that he was trying hard to push back. For now he grazed his fangs down her skin, making sure not to push deep to penetrate her skin. Her scent simply was intoxicating to him, and it placed him under a certain daze that he couldn't describe. Finding a woman like her was not common, which thrilled him. She was just a fascinating human woman.

The something triggered in his mind, he made a promise. As he recalled the words the exchanged with her, he took a step back and pushed her away slightly to break the hypnosis abruptly. He knew that she would feel panicked because he did push her away so suddenly, but it was rather that than breaking rules. The vampire turned his back to her, placing his hand over his face as he looked down. "My apologies, Alice," he whispered, shaking his head, "If I didn't do that, I would have lost my sense of control."

If he didn't stop, he would have sank his fangs into her neck. That was something that he promised that he wouldn't do. If her scent wasn't as strong as it was, he would have been able to control himself further, but she was definitely different.

The feeling of his fangs against her skin wasn't soothing, instead a new feeling entered her dazed mind. Something closer to lust. Suddenly she yearned for him to drink from her, as if that would solve any of the problems from the real world which she at that very moment could not remember. Like a dangerous drug one longed for, but should know better than to take. She should have known better than to wish for such things, but even so if he had asked her if it was okay in that very moment, she would have most likely answered yes.

Then suddenly, Alice woke up as she stumbled a few steps backwards. Her heart started to beat rapidly within the first second after the hypnotic spell had been broken, and it took her some seconds to remember exactly what had happened.

A feeling she did not often feel had almost overtaken her for a few moments. Fear. With those kind of powers vampires could get approval from anyone. That was of course if everyone had the same kind of powers. How could one know that the approval was real or from someone that was under a spell? For a second she almost gave in to her body's desire to run, but she stopped herself. She was with Kamijo, he wasn't someone whom would use her, and he had only gotten to her this time because she had let him. He had not done anything this time even though he had the chance. So distrusting him was wrong.

Eventually she calmed down, making sure to give her body and mind good reasons to why she should not escape. And soon enough her body had given up on trying to convince her as it really had no other argument than, he's a vampire and thus dangerous.

"Don't worry, it was an unfair request to begin with." Alice told him. He had told her that her blood had a powerful scent to vampires. Asking him to restrain himself while putting her in that state had probably been a bit mean of her, even though she hadn't understood it before it had been too late. "I should not have asked that off you. I'm sorry." She apologized. He might not see how it might be her fault, as she was human and didn't understand how strong their blood lust was, but she was just as responsible for it as him.

"Do all vampires have that ability?" She asked, trying to sound more curious, but it came across as a bit more worried. In the wrong hands, those abilities would be incredibly dangerous even with the law.

Kamijo took a couple of breaths, and soon calmed his body down. Now he didn't have that strange feeling that was surging through him. That experience wasn't the most pleasant one for him, but he was going to let it slide for now. When she started to apologize to him, he just shook his head and looked at her again. "There is no reason to apologize to me, you were simply curious and I obliged to your request," he responded, not wanting her to feel guilty about the situation. It was his fault for agreeing to do it in the first place.

Now she asked if all vampires had that ability, he just shook his head. "No, not all of them," he responded, "Only the older generation vampires do, and they know better than to use hypnosis for the wrong thing. Some of the newer vampires do, but they haven't mastered it yet, so you can easily break from their control."

"But I take some powers away from the vampires who come up to me and tell me they won't be able to control their powers around humans," he explained, leaning his back against the rail of the balcony with his arms crossed. "As the leader of the council, I hold the most power. You can say that I am the strongest, but I know there are vampires that can be equal, or even slightly stronger than I am."

Speaking of council, he had a feeling that they were trying to search for him. He has been outside for far too long, and that probably rose suspicions to the others inside of his home. This was his ball, he was supposed to mingle with different people. The realization made a sigh come his lips, and he stood straight, soon glancing at her.

"Shall we head back inside? I am sure that we have disappeared for too long," he told her. "And I advise you to put your mask back on before we do head inside."

Even though Kamijo tried to ease her guilt, it did not help. Alice knew she had done wrong, and regretted it at least as much as he had for letting her convince him. They were both at fault, and she would never think differently, nor deny that fact. But as she did not want to argue with him on such a trivial matter, she let it slide and simply did not answer him when he mentioned it. It was the easiest way of getting away from one topic after all, at least for as long as ones companion didn't push the matter.

It was good to hear that the younger vampires that had the power did not know how it was used, while the older ones who knew did not use it in the wrong purposes any longer. That information relieved the brunette tremendously, and she even let out a relieved sigh at the good news.

"Older generation." She mumbled as she took up her mask that had been put on the balcony trail. Looking at it she raised a curious eyebrow, and then she looked up at Kamijo. "Exactly how old are you?" She asked, extremely curious and exited to hear the answer if he would give it to her. She had some guesses, especially after he had said that mainly the older generation of vampires had those powers, thus he should logically be a part of that generation. But she had no idea from how long ago the older generation started, so on one hand she did not want to be rude, even if the guesses were in her own mind, and on the other it said 'old' in the name and vampires lived much longer than humans, so it couldn't be something as small as one hundred years. Her guesses ranged from five hundred to a couple of thousands, but she was certain any answer would surprise her.

"Dad has warned me for older men, so I need to know how deep into the water I am right now." She defended herself, seconds after the question had been asked. As she spoke she put her mask on again, with no intentions of taking it off before the evening was over.

Kamijo watched as she picked up her mask. There was no point to putting his on, since people knew who he was already. The mask did nothing to conceal his identity when people could tell who he was by the way he carried himself around others, but he knew the mask was the whole point of a masquerade. However, he had the exception. When she asked how old he was, he simply rose a brow at her. No one really asked that question, vampires never asked ages of other vampires, they just knew.

"I have lived for over five centuries," he said thoughtfully, thinking about his exact age. He was born a vampire, so his life just meshed together in the years. Time seemed to go by faster when one was born a vampire. If someone was turned, their time went slower because they weren't used to the life. "Hmm, I think it is close to my 550th birthday, to be exact." He finally figured out.

At the mention of her father warning her about older men, that made him chuckle. "I am over your age range, my dear," he told her, "But at least I do have a youthful appearance about myself." He just smiled at her, watching as she placed her mask back on. When she was done with putting it on, he offered his arm to her to escort her back into the ballroom.

"I hope that my age does not bother you," he spoke. Age was just a number anyway. Besides, the older someone was, the wiser they were. He has experienced a lot in his life, an he has learned a lot growing up.

Well, she hadn't been too far off, at least not at the minimum number she had thought off. Her higher guesses had been a bit over the top. But who could blame her? Vampires were so different than humans when it came to aging. When it came to humans it was usually easy to guess their age by how they looked, if they didn't have a sickness that made them look older, or did some surgery that made them look younger. Vampires didn't age, so they could look ten and still be ten thousand. If there even were ten thousand old vampires alive. Probably not.

Alice took his arm, accepting the escort. "Not at all." She replied. "As you said, you do have a youthful appearance." She chuckled. Most women would probably think that made up for his old age. Alice on the other hand was more interested in his mind, and slightly in his knowledge of vampires, as that had been why she came to the masquerade to begin with.

"Though an age difference on five hundred and thirty one years is certainly a bit too big of a gap for me, to spare my dad from a heart attack, I should probably keep to guys born in my own century." Alice joked. Age was only a number, though she usually did prefer to associate with people her own age. It usually felt more secure, and they usually had more in common when they had grown up with the same music and TV shows. But it did still happen that she got interested in chatting with older or younger people, mainly older. Kids were pretty annoying.

Eyes were once again locked on them when they went back into the ballroom. It shouldn't have been such a surprise, but Alice had completely forgotten about the stares, and immediately longed to go back outside.

"You mentioned a council before." Alice told him, trying to get her mind off the eyes that seemed to try to stare an explanation out of the two of them. "What is that? And how did you become a part of it?" She asked him. All she knew was that they seemed to be creating laws for vampires, but other than that she was completely clueless about it.

As they entered the ballroom, Kamijo looked around at the guests. Of course they were being stared at, he had a feeling that it would happen. For him to stand outside for a mortal for that long would raise questions, but they could clearly see that he left no mark on her body. They couldn't accuse him for doing wrong, so they couldn't say anything. Even if he did were to take her blood, they would have smelt it anyway.

He looked down at her as she asked about the council. "Ah, yes, the council," he started, "We are a group that keeps peace between vampires and humans, but we mostly keep our race in check. We are the higher power, sort of like a royal court. I am the King, so to speak. I am the main decision maker. When a vampire does wrong, it is up to me to figure punishments. It's a lot to do, but I lead with pride."

"Humans are in the council as well," came a voice of a woman who approached the two. It was Elena, the woman he was speaking to earlier. "It is harder for a human to get in the council, and they are just there for diplomatic reasons."

"Alice, this is Elena, she is part of the council," Kamijo introduced, "She is the one who makes documents our meetings, and makes sure that everyone is on the same page. Basically being our voice of reason."

Elena smiled, holding out a hand for Alice for them to shake. "I was curious to see the woman he disappeared with for awhile," she said, "And no wonder why, your scent is quite enticing."

A king. That sounded kind of strange, especially since he was speaking so causally to her. Well, as casually as a five hundred year old vampire could speak. Alice would never have imagined that she one day would talk to someone that had the position of a king, or something close to that. Though that was only a title, it didn't change anything about Kamijo. He was still that mysterious, intelligent, fascinating and way too old for her, stranger whom had swept her off her feet and given her some insight on the vampire world. She wasn't grateful to the vampire king whom had given her the honor of speaking to him. She was grateful to the vampire whom had shown her into their world, the world her family had hidden from her all her life.

A woman's voice suddenly spoke to them. A vampire, Alice guessed after Kamijo had introduced them. She wasn't sure how to take the compliment, it was always nice to smell good, but when people wanted to drink your blood for it, it was hard to see it as a nice thing. But she smiled and took Elena's hand for a friendly first meeting hand shake.

"I do hope people want to speak to me for more than my scents sake." Alice laughed, making it sound as a joke even though she truly felt that her worth had been degraded to her blood type. She just hoped Kamijo, or Elena, wouldn't notice her distress over it. "Though if it's that extravagant I can always leave a blood sample here for everyone to enjoy. It would definitely last longer than my stamina." Not because she would do that, but it was a funny thought. Like people usually said, take a picture it last longer, leaving something with her scent would probably last much longer than the hours she could be around so many strangers without going insane.

Kamijo let out a light chuckle at the words Alice said, finding it amusing that she was clever with what she said. He knew that the woman was joking, so he wasn't going to take it seriously. For a human woman to be in close proximity of vampires who wanted her blood, she was holding herself well. At least not many eyes were on her this time around because of his presence, as well as Elena's. Two high members of the council speaking to one mortal, it was a rare occasion.

"You're clever," Elena spoke, laughing softly. "You would get along with the council nicely. Don't you agree, Kamijo?"

This question caught him off guard, not knowing that it would take that turn. Usually Elena was quick to judge someone, and she has never complimented a stranger of being a member of the council. That was what she was implying after all. Though he looked at Alice, giving a small smile. "Perhaps, though are you suggesting something, Elena? It is not often that you agree to someone so quickly."

Elena observed Alice, taking in her appearance as well as her scent. Since these vampires knew of her scent, they would be on the look out for her. Even if they couldn't do anything to her, they would be watching her in the shadows. That was how much power Alice had over them. The pure intoxication of her scent can attract any vampire, and one of those vampires can break the law. Once bitten, however, she will lose that sweet smell.

"Come to the council tomorrow evening," Elena invited her, thinking it through. "We meet after the sun sets, here in this mansion. Perhaps you would be interested to see how our meetings operate, it's far different than what your government does to make decisions."

The night was suddenly going in a direction Alice had not even considered when leaving her house. Speaking to a vampire had been expected, getting some information about the vampire world had been a hope, but being invited to a council meeting? That had not even been on her radar. And was it even wise for her to go?

Any other female whom had spent the evening with the head of the council would probably turn to him for clarification on if it was a good idea or not. Or if he even wanted to have her there or not. But for Alice it was her decision and hers only. Was it wise to accept the invitation of a stranger? No. But if it was a council meeting, then Kamijo would show up, and there would be other humans there as well, though probably very few. What could possibly harm her there? Especially since they were all old vampires, and as Kamijo had told her earlier, older vampires could control themselves better.

"I would not dare to turn down such a once in a lifetime offer." Alice replied. It was definitely her chance to get to know more. And if it was right after sunset then it wouldn't be awfully late. She could just tell her parents that she would study with a friend. Sure, they didn't like it when she came home after it had become dark, since they were paranoid and thought a vampire was hiding in every bush. But if they thought she would get a ride home afterwards, then they would most likely not say no. It hurt a bit to have to lie to her parents two days in a row about such mayor things, but on the other hand, which 19 year old had ever been invited to a vampire council meeting? Anyone with only half of Alice curiosity would definitely have taken the chance.

"Is it okay though? Inviting a human that knows nothing about neither vampires nor politics to something that discusses both?" She asked. She was a student on top of that, not even twenty years of age. It seemed a bit out of place for her to be around people that probably were between forty and unknown number. Was it normal to invite random people they met at parties to council meetings? Well, there were open meetings in politics in the human world, so it might be something like that. Though she did wonder what Elena meant when she said that it was far different than what their government did. How different could it possibly be?

In truth, Kamijo had no idea as to why Elena invited her. There was something going on in her head that he couldn't figure out. Usually he was able to know what she was thinking, but the vampire was being secretive. Something that she wasn't going to tell him until later, that was certain. Oh well, he had to trust her. She was the voice of reason, she had her reasons of doing things. Was it wise to have a young human woman be part of the council? Perhaps this was something that had to do with her blood.

"Everything will be fine," Elena assured, giving a smile. "It will give you the opportunity to learn about us, no matter if you don't know a lot about us, or politics."

Kamijo knew that he was being too quiet about the matter as he was trying to figure out what the plan was. Maybe the young girl was looking for reassurance from him. Elena could say what she wanted, but she still wasn't the one who can solely make the decision. Everything had to go through him. Finally he cleared his throat, making his voice be heard in the conversation. "I will allow it," he spoke, looking at Alice, "Your people usually stay quiet during our meetings, simply there to observe and make comments if the conversation turns to them."

Surely, this night turned around. Now Alice was going to go into depth of the vampires, she will be able to see how their system works. Far different than the politics that went on the government in present time. Vampires were very old fashioned, especially the ones from the aristocratic families. They just kept their traditions from back then, using them to this day.

"Tomorrow will be interesting, as you will be the first young individual sitting in one the council," he told her, "This, I am sure, is probably exciting to you."

Staying quiet? That had never been her thing. Alice liked to be part of a discussion and not only observe it. Though she guessed she would not have much to say either way, as it was a world she wasn't too familiar with. At the very least, the expectation for the humans to sit as quiet observes would be helpful if she against all odds found nothing to comment. The thought of her not being able to shut her mouth actually made her slightly uncertain if she should dare to go. What if she offended the whole council by saying something wrong? That was a possible scenario, Alice wasn't one to shut her mouth just because what she wanted to say might be wrong or even rude.

"Sure, it's exciting. But probably not for the reasons you can come up with." Alice replied. There was nothing exciting about watching people discuss politics, even if it was vampire politics. Not even the fact that she was the youngest one to go there could make it more exciting. The part she found most exciting was the fact that she could meet Kamijo again. She did not know much about him, and without the invitation to the council they would probably have parted after that night without ever seeing each other again. But she was curious about him, not only as a vampire, but as a person. That of course was nothing she told him, he could try to figure on his own why she was excited for the meeting.

"How are the council members usually chosen?" She asked curiously. She was sure that most of them, human or vampire, hadn't been picked up because of their tongue on a party. Even Kamijo had seemed slightly surprised by Elena's decision. Though that might be because of other factors too, like her age and that Elena only had heard Alice speak one sentence before she proposed it. Maybe they were chosen based on age and bloodline, that was often the case in human society. Though they usually tried to say it wasn't based on something so stupid as connection and only had to do with their knowledge. That was pretty much lies. You rarely got into the important parts of politics if you didn't have family members in it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.