Blind Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angel followed Sayomi along as they made their way to the inn, listening to her lecture once again. He simply nodded his head in response to her question, but he knew that if something went wrong, she would likely be his first priority. There was no other way around it. As she got off her horse and walked into the building, the prince followed along, albeit a little slower, entering the building just as Maurice hugged Sayomi. The sight made Angel smile for a moment as she walked down the stairs to write her last letter. At Maurice's comment, the prince couldn't help but chuckle a bit. He definitely wasn't as prepared as he had hoped, but he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Sayomi looked at Angel for a moment. The nervousness for what was to come written all over her pale face. She turned to the men the agreed to help them. She went to each one, grabbing forearms with them, locking eyes. No words were said. Words couldn't express the tension everyone held. After grasping with Maurice. The fear nearly took control. She turned and started out, grabbing the prince's hand "Come now, my dove." She walked out to the horses with him. "This is the moment when all the planning become real.. Our journey starts now and.. I-I can honestly say I'm terrified." She dropped his hand as she turned to . Her chest moved quickly with the anxiety as she thought of what all might all happen. She started to think of everything she could do to help him if something was to happen to her. And for after too. She wanted to make sure that if she was to pass to the land of the dead that what she did for wasn't in vein.

The prince listened as Sayomi spoke, feeling her terror in his own heart. It was unusually beguiling to see such a side of her. It was obvious that their undertaking was taking a toll on her, and it made Angel feel all the more inclined to protect her. Once more he put his hand on her shoulder, turning her gently to face him again. He wanted to do something to put her at ease, to still the rapid movements of her chest that gave away her fears. There was so much at stake, and so many risks they had to take. They wouldn't see results for a while, and they would likely be on the move as often as possible. It was a long shot for him to do anything in an attempt to ease Sayomi's anxiety aside from giving her a comforting squeeze on the shoulder...but he took the risk anyways. Drawing her in gingerly into an embrace, he kissed her once more. He kept his grip loose to allow Sayomi freedom to leave his embrace, as he was soft and caring rather than suffocating or binding. In that moment, she was all he cared about...

When Sayomi felt the embrace then the kiss, the air to her lungs froze. She held her breath for a few moments before finally letting it free, still standing in near shock. Her arms found their way around him and she let herself hold onto him. She knew readily that this was going to probably be the only time that she would be able to break down in front of him. Once they actually moved there would be no time to waste whatever energies she had left on breaking down. She broke the contact with Angel for a moment, and looked into his brown eyes. "I know what to do. I know how to do it. But something like this. If it fails it's not just my own life at risk. It's all these people. It's Maurice.. it's my mom. And..." She took a long breath, and as she let it out, she let the rest of her mind flow to. "It's you." She hugged him again. "It's not one or two people I'm planning to take out. It's an entire army, possibly a kingdom. It goes beyond the knowledge of stealth and weakness." The young girl was afraid of the failure and ruining everything. Or the possibility of her making it worse. She let herself relish his embrace and the comfort that it brought. She was happy that it was him to see the weakness she felt. Something that wasn't around often.

"I've seen how capable you are, Ms. Chi...but the weight of this is not lost on me. Perhaps it is a bit misplaced, as I am eager to see at least a portion of what you've seen in the word, but it is there none-the-less." Angel spoke, holding Sayomi close to him with a smile. "You are only as strong as you let yourself believe, and my father didn't teach me that...you did. Before I met you, I was cowardly and foolish. My life relied on pomp and circumstance and nothing more. Even my father, for the years we were together, kept me within the confines of royalty...but now? Now I'm going to save the kingdom alongside the most amazing woman I have ever seen. This is no flattery. This is truth." He said, looking straight into her eyes with adoration. There was no hiding it now that he was fond of Sayomi, and perhaps it was better this way. His cheeks emanated a warm glow rather than a heated blush, and his smile was one of confidence with only a few traces of shyness left in it.

As he spoke she listened to every word that came, pondering everything he had to say. When he said that she was the most amazing women he had met, her face began to darken. Once she saw the smile he wore, she felt a release of emotions for him. Her hand made its way to the side of his neck as she stood on her toes to get to his hight. She kissed him, this time longer than any other time, with something else in it that she couldn't identify. She didn't know how long she would keep his interest once they were out of the kingdom. She was beautiful, but others surpassed her. She was a professional killer. Nor was she royalty. She would not fight the feelings any more. It wouldn't help her at all. She slowly pulled away from the kiss, one hand still on his abdomen. "You may not think that it's even. If not more since you have to deal with myself. With my slightly erotic behavior and that I won't take no for answer. In a week or two, you may just hate me for making you go on this trip." She stepped back, still holding onto his hand. She didn't want to leave the comfort of his embrace. "No matter the fears. We must go. It's only a few hours before night fall. And we must be out of the town."

Angel's heart skipped a beat as Sayomi returned his advance with one of her own, surprised and happy in equal measures. He found it adorable how she had to stand on tip-toe to reach his height, and found that her form comfortably fit his despite the height difference. When her lips disengaged from the kiss, drawing back slowly, the prince listened to her speak with interest. As she finished speaking her doubts, he began to speak. "You'll find that I am not easily swayed from my choices once I make them. Only time will tell how wise they are, but I would have it no other way." As Sayomi stepped back, still holding his hand, and prepared to leave, he lifted her hand once more, alighting his lips upon it as he had done twice before. It had become the best symbol of his affections he could muster, and he was no longer hesitant to show it. "I am ready if you are, m'lady. Let's not waste another moment." He said, placing her hand gently back at her side before mounting his horse and placing his mask back upon his face.

Sayomi couldn't help but be proud of the confidence he know shown. She knew deep down that he was going to be a far greater king then even she had originally thought. She knew with time he would fins the person that he was that got pushed down because he was taught to, or thought it was wrong. She wanted to see him succeed in everything. She wore a smile that showed her feelings of all kinds. Her feelings for him, that she still had yet to fully understand, and her being proud if him for his confidence starting to show and for not hesitating to come on this journey. "We ride hard and we can make it to the falls shortly after dark." She mounted her horse, patting his neck. Then without any warning, they took off. Even with one of the other horses tied to him, the horse showed his strength. When said hard, she literally meant pushing the horses as fast as they could go. Her boots were latched in the stir ups to allow her more control if needed, and she leaned against his neck, trying not to get smacked by air and bugs.

Riding along with Sayomi invigorated the prince, giving him an adrenaline rush as his horse raced on. With his mask in place, he was able to keep his head up strong as he rode, taking in all the sights that rushed past. At the speed they were going, they were out of the city borders in no time, quickly flying out toward their next destination. Letting Sayomi and her horse lead the way, Angel found himself taking in the natural beauty of the world around him for the first time, the final light of day revealing the splendor of the greenery around them and the majestic hues of the sky. After the moment of closeness that he and Sayomi shared only a few minutes ago, he couldn't have been happier to see her small sleek form riding alongside him. For a moment his fears and worries melted away with the vibrant sunset, giving way to thoughts of the future.

As the sun began to drop more, the sun exploded with colors. Pinks and orange brought out the bright green and blues that still remained across the earth. She started to slow down the horses first gradually then a little more drastically. It was time to go off the trail. Where they would remain till they got to her sister city. Once they got off the road, the horses knew where to go. She leaned, looking like she was going to fall off the horse, and grabbed a bright flower from a bush. She smiled as she looked back at Angel, holding the flower to her nose she closed her eyes as she smelled it. She couldn't help but miss the things that she hated about being on the road all the time. She thought it may have had something to do with the company she had with her. The night fell and the horses continued. It didn't take long before the rush of water was heard. Before long the horses stopped and she got off. The rush of water was heard and felt. She couldn't but smile again. This was one of her favorite, evident by the fire pit still there. She started gathering fire wood, placing it in the pit. Once she thought that there was enough, she went to her bags, grabbing the flint. She knelt down and started the fire. Once it was going, she flopped back, and looked at the stars. "It's been too long.."

Trecking off the trail was a new experience all it's own for the prince, who looked at all the scenery with newfound wonder. Even at night the world had a glow that drew his eyes. Looking at Sayomi, he took of his mask once more, sticking it in his own satchel and taking in a breath of the fresh air. Seeing her with a flower brought his heart to a flutter. She looked beautiful, there was no denying that, but in a place she knew so well she was as a goddess to Angel, deserving of respect and care in kind. Eventually the sun receded back into the horizon, revealing the stars that had been hidden by the day. Soon after, Sayomi brought her horse to a stop in the midst of a glade with a small river running through it. Evident by the fire pit, she had stayed here many times before. Hopping off the mighty steed, Angel made his way over to the woman, who had already started the fire and laid down to admire the stars. Lying down next to her, he simply looked up to the heavens in silence, not wanting to disturb her moment with the stars. Even so, the prince too admired their beauty, each one like a tear of light in the darkened sky.

"Growing up, my father used to tell me that every star was a person. That no matter how small they thought that they were on the earth, they still meant something in some way. He believed that the earth only made people that would at some point would make a difference, if not now, later. He believed that every person, after passing, was made into a star, so that people could honor you and you would never be forgotten in a way." Sayomi sighed and smiled as she looked over at him for a moment. "The brighter the star, the greater they were." She looked back up to the sky as she pondered everything for a moment. "So that means that if you look for the star that draws your attention the most, it could possibly be your father." She knew that it sounded crazy, after a long time she didn't believe what her father said, but once he wasn't there, she found that it was comforting to think about him watching over her. It gave her a place to talk to him if she pleased. She got up, and started to unload the horses. She wanted them to not have the weight, and to be able to eat freely. She untied the new horses from the old, knowing that they wouldn't separate from Prometheus who they now knew as the leader. She whistled softly and the horses walked off to graze. She smiled at them, and walked back over to Angel, handing him a water pouch. "You need to make sure to drink often. It's easy to get dehydrated out here." As she sat next to him, her green eyes looked back up to the sky, taking in all the consolations and all the different stars. Something about them seemed to call to her, and she could never bore of them. They just made her think divergent from everything that was thought during the day, they seemed to slow down the time and make you realize things that were usually beyond the days thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.