Blind Love

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren smiles as she moves with him. He was glad he hadn't startled her and as she handed him her stick his hands grazing hers before taking it he blushed as well. He looked up into her beautiful face and sees the hint of red tinging at her cheeks and he bites his lip stifling a smile. She looked lovely. "Please... call me Darren." he said. He was a professional but he enjoyed being referred to by his first name. It made him feel placed under less pressure.

"Lilly, please." The young woman smiled warmly and came up to Raven. "Hey, I'm Lilly. I'm just going to brush your hair into a loose side braid okay?" she said softly as she walked behind her and got to work. Even though Raven's hair was a tad messy, it was easy to comb and even easier to style. Darren watched with his arms crossed around his front and one of his hands lifted up to his face, holding his chin. Lilly explained she would be powdering her nose and cheekbones, maybe a little on her forehead so that the camera did not pick up the glare. Darren couldn't stop looking at Raven. He blinked his eyes when it was time to get the camera situated. "All right... I just need you to follow the sound of my voice as best as possible okay. I'll be right here to direct you."

"O-okay, Darren.." Raven blinks a bit as she says his name. It felt nice to say it... How weird are you, she scolds herself in her head. Still, she had blushed a bit more as his hand had brushed her own. She bows her head a bit again nervously.

"T-that's fine.." she mumbles as the girl Lilly is introduced to her. "Thank you...It's n-nice to meet you. I'm R-Raven." she manages before the girl starts on her hair. The black haired girl slowly relaxes a bit as Lilly brushes her hair. No one had brushed her hair in so long. Not that she didn't brush it, just someone other then herself. And whenever someone brushed her hair it had a sort of calming hypnotic effect on her. She didn't stop the other from doing the makeup and styling her hair, she was, on the contrary, the perfect patient in a way. She didn't flinch or blink and held utterly still as to make it easier for the girl.

Raven looks toward Darren's voice slightly, listening to his instructions before nodding slightly. "I c-can do that I t-think..." she whispers, a bit shy once more. What had she gotten herself into...? Honestly, she wasn't sure if she could even manage to get through this one session. Self conscious and unsure, how would she even find the will to pose without feeling like she was about to faint?

Darren shot a first slide. She was nervous and standing in a way that looked absolutely real and raw. Something the fashion model world needed more of. The falsehood was stripped away with her. She wasn't trying too hard, or forcing herself... she was simply being herself. "Okay... turn your face a little away from me." he said. Raven obliged slowly moving her face away. "Okay stop. perfect." he said. With your face where it is I want you to smile. Just give me a small smile... I'm willing to tickle you if it means I'll get a smile."

Darren laughed lightly watching her cheeks reddened but a smile creep up at her lips. A genuine one too. He snapped the photo as soon as he saw it. So far her shots were amazing. He continued to direct her getting a full body pose by having her stand as if she was reaching for something and a single daisy was given for her to hold in the shot. He laid down on the ground trying to get a better angle dragging himself back on his elbows until he saw the perfect one and snapped the picture. She was a beautiful girl and an amazing model. For someone that knew nothing about modeling, she was a natural.

Slowly, as he directed her and time went on, Raven was starting to relax just a bit. She felt a bit more at ease with each photo, but still filled with nerves when it came down to it. She shuts her eyes quietly as she takes a breath. Darren was friendly and quite patient, even bringing a little humor into it that made her smile a bit accompanied by a small blush.

And, despite herself, she was starting to enjoy it. It was sort of fun actually and she didn't feel as pressured as she thought she would. Was she really pretty enough to be doing this? Or was it some sort of sick joke? Her heart sunk slightly at the thought but after a moment, she pushed it back. Even if it was, she'd deal with that later.

Although the audition called for merely five photos per applicant, Darren had lost track of how many he had shot. He was having such a fun time making Raven smile and taking some amazing pictures of her at angles that showed her beauty. Lilly laughed watching him stand on chairs to take pictures from above or down on his knees reaching for the perfect angle. A knock came at the door and Lilly went to answer it as Darren changed the film in his camera.

"Hey Darren, you're needed back for the line." Lilly whispered. "Tell them I'll be there in a moment." he said without taking his eyes off of Raven. He was getting ready to shoot the last slide, the close up. "All right Now I want you to clear your face of all expression. Just imagine you're home alone and daydreaming off... as if when someone walked by you'd look zoned out." he said. She blinked her eyes awkwardly not really knowing what he meant. He tried explaining it a different way and instead walked over to where she was. "Here." he whispered. He placed her hands folded together in front of her and let his hand slide up her arm to her neck. He moved her slowly fixing her braid to where he wanted it to be.

He noticed how she took in breath with his touch and he blushed furiously noticing her goosebumps. His fingers traced the line of her jaw before he positioned it where he needed it and then he pushed back a loose strand of hair from her face. His fingers lingered for two seconds longer as he stared deep into her eyes. They were mesmerizing and he wanted the viewers to look at them as he wished he could. "okay..." he whispered clearing his throat before withdrawing from her and shooting the perfect image.

Ravena honestly didn't know what he meant by looking like she was daydreaming. What would that look like? And how would she be able to tell she was doing it right? She heard Lilly as she notified the photographer of his schedule and felt a pang of guilt. Was she keeping him from doing his job? She hadn't meant to...

Then she heard him walk over as she hesitated, unsure how to position herself at his request. And that's when she felt his light touch, unable to help but take a slight breath in, feeling the prickling of goosebumps along her skin. No person other then her family had come that close to her, much less touch her since she went blind. And she wasn't sure if it was that simple fact or the other possibility that it was because the one there was Darren. Maybe both.

His hand and finger tips brush across her skin and she shuts her eyes, taking a deep breath, blushing before opening the light blue orbs once more. The click of the camera sounded softly and she lets out a sigh of relief, "M-may I move n-now?" she stutters quietly.

Darren was still watching her, his eyes gazing at her face. When she asked him something he shook his head and broke free of his focus. "Oh yes... I'm sorry." he said with a smile. "You may take your hair out of the braid if you'd like as well... Would you...would you like anything before I have to go? We have snacks and drinks in the other room." He felt like a moron asking her. He pressed his hand to his forehead and pulled it away over emphatically. What was he thinking? She was a young girl and he was nothing more than her photographer.

Raven reaches up, starting to undo the braid a bit before stopping, a light blush touching her cheeks. Drinks or snacks? The blue eyed girl paused to think for a moment. It couldn't hurt right... She lowers her hands slowly, "I...I s-suppose so..." she whispers quietly looking down, the light blush still bringing color to her cheeks. Stepping forward slightly, she undoes her hair letting it fall loose from the braid. The silky black hair falls down, cascading on her shoulders and she takes a moment to push a bit that fell in her face away. "I-if it isn't t-too much t-trouble though...since y-you have other people t-to photograph..." she adds on quickly, not wanting to inconvenience him.

"Raul is doing splendidly and it won't take long... besides, I'm hungry... we both did a lot of maneuvering for that shoot." he laughed lightly. He walked up beside her extending his arm for her to grasp. After she had he led her through another door. The smells filled the room and his stomach gurgled. There was fruits and muffins, cookies and cupcakes and a heaping pile of fresh fruit. He told her all that was available and that he would gladly make her a plate for her to eat.

Ravena takes his arm a bit hesitantly before he guides her out of the room into another that smelled absolutely splendid. She takes a deep breath, shutting her eyes slightly. There were baked items she could tell and maybe even a hint of fruit. When she lost her sight, over time her other senses seemed to triple.

"I don't need m-much," she murmurs smiling slightly. "But I guess I-I am a bit hungry..." stuttering a little less. She felt comfortable around the photographer which meant she couldn't feel so stiff. This was a relief to her, as her hesitation to be around other people made anything and everything quite uncomfortable. "If..." she pauses considering her words. "I mean, if I ever got i-into this..." she mumbles a bit shyly. "Would y-you still be my photographer?"

Darren looked into her face and smiled. He also hoped that that would be the outcome. He knew that because he had been the one to scout her, he would be working hand in hand with her. He believed that her photos were the best out of all those that auditioned. So much so that he had lost track and shot over fifteen images of her although only being allotted five. He didn't care, he used his own film and as far as he was concerned, it was all worth it.

"I do believe so." he said with a smile. He was hoping that if all went as they had planned he could surprise her with inviting another blind model down to the agency to have a talk with Raven. It would be an interesting learning experience for him hearing how it felt for a model that had made it big despite not having her sight. His mind was a step ahead already imagining spending more time with Raven at shoots to come. He blinked his eyes and prepared his own plate and hers. He placed a lemon poppyseed muffin on her plate as well as a few grapes and strawberries. He hadn't known what to fetch her but he chose the muffin because it was his favorite.

Ravena stands quietly where she was left, tilting her head just a bit as she listens to the sounds around her. Relief bloomed in her slightly when he said he'd probably be her photographer if she were to pass and become a model. Then, slight panic filled her. A model? She really hadn't thought that far, in terms of actually being one. Doing the jobs, everything about it. How could she? She was blind. Darren would just be her photographer, he wouldn't be there every second to guide her...

She feels behind her before slowly leaning back against the wall, shutting her eyes as she takes a deep breath. If she actually got the job (which the black haired girl doubted), how would it work? She bites her lip a bit and tries not to tremble again. Was she going to enter the big world? Was this what it was? It was scarier then she imagined. Facing the unknown and all the troubles that would confront her on the way...

Darren turned to walk towards her with a plate and noticed Raven leaning against the wall with a worried expression. "Is everything alright Raven?" Worry overtook him instantly at the way she was positioned. Had something gone wrong? Was she feeling ill? All these questions that flew through his mind and he felt oddly guilty. He was after all the one that had plead her to audition. He placed the plates on chairs off to the side and went to her side.

"I...I don't feel s-so well..." she mumbles. Indeed, she didn't. All the thoughts and worries running through her head at high speed were making her feel queasy. How could she go through with this...? She'd probably just put a burden on everyone around her, needing help all the time... Darren and her parents. And everyone else in the modeling industry that would have to work with her for that matter.

Ravena was just that kind of person, always worrying, self conscious, and scared of big changes. "I'm s-sorry...I'm just n-nervous and w-worried..." she murmurs a bit quietly. And on top of it, it was overwhelming. How did she end up from being a secluded blind girl to being in a modeling agency's building for auditions anyway?

Darren didn't ask or warn her that he was going to touch her slowly placing his hands on her arms and moving her towards a seat to sit. "Are you nervous about modeling?" He asked resisting the urge to push back the hair that was in her face. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable and move out of your comfort zone... it was not my intentions... I just couldn't stop looking at you... and I know the world won't want to either." he said softly. "Here have some fruit to boost your stomach and then I'll drive you home." Lilly looked over at him and he gave her a warning glance. He had done over forty shots before taking Raven for her audition. Raul could finish out the day.

Ravena sits as she's guided, putting her hands in her lap a little shakily. "I-it's not that..." she mumbles, pushing the hair out of her face herself as Darren resists doing it himself, unknowing to her. She shuts her blue eyes quietly, fingers fiddling a little with each other as she clasps them. "It's j-just scary..."

The giant new world that she might be entering just by coming here today was indeed scary. Questions and worries were dominating her thoughts as she looks up quickly at his offer, "B-but don't you have more photography to do...? I couldn't take your time like that..." she whispers a little embarrassed.

(Sorry it's been over 100 degrees around here and I'm making my way through my back log of rp's I have to reply to DX I hope you aren't angry.)

(No no it's all right I'm going through a life altering crisis, found out my husband is cheating on me so I've been pretty out of it as well. No worries ^^)

Darren smiled down at her. She was so awkward and self conscious and it just made her all the more irresistible. He blinked his eyes chastising his thoughts. She was so beautiful naturally and the fact that she wasn't conceited was a huge plus.

"I've done my fair share... I insist on it." He said softly. "There's a lot of things in life I'm sure you've already experienced as scary." He murmured. He didn't want to make her feel any worse because of her blindness. He already admired her so much for trying this. "I can't imagine how it is for you, I'm not going to try, but this is a scary jump for you... I know it."

His mind raced as he wanted to say he would be there to catch her. He looked at her face and wondered what she would think of him if she saw him. "Just know you have my full support no matter what the outcome is." He said with a smile.

Raven opens her eyes, blinking a little. A small blush works its way onto her cheeks, "T-thank you..." she whispers after a moment, unsure what else to say. She was extremely grateful for all the photographer had done so far but now this... She tilts her head down a little, unsure what else to say in response. Maybe, just maybe, if she got in, she'd be able to do this. It was a fleeting thought though that liked to come and go whenever it pleased, which left her quite uncertain and unstable about the whole subject. So, she reaches out and rather quickly finds Darrens hand, taking it in her own for comfort. It gave a sense of stability. "Thank you," she says again, a little more audible this time.

Darren was surprised at the heat that her simple touch caused. He blinked his eyes feeling a blush work its way into his cheeks. He cleared his throat before answering, "You're quite welcome. Let's get you home." he said softly holding his hand in place for her to use to stand up and hold onto. Darren didn't know what all would happen once her pictures were sent to the judges. He was glad one of his best friends was on a panel he would be asking him to tell him how the odds were fairing for Raven.

He led her out to his car. "Careful on this step right here, it's a jeep wrangler, don't want you getting hurt." he murmured taking her hand and showing her the height of the vehicle. If she would let him he would've just picked her up and sat her inside the vehicle but thought best not to get too touchy. There was no reason he should get attached. He was older and her photographer. It would complicate things if there even were a chance. He bit his lip telling himself to keep his thoughts away from such things. He had to keep his mind focused.

Raven didn't mind holding his hand, not at all. So she follows him out of the building quietly, holding onto him, letting him guide her. Usually she didn't trust someone to show her where to go so quickly, but there was something about this man that made her feel at ease.

"Alright..." she murmurs, taking note of the height of the car before carefully stepping into it. She settled into her seat after pulling the seat belt on with a bit of fumbling, and folds her hands in her lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.