Black Manor

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan thought for a moment about what Julius had said. Off the top of his head, he couldnt think of anything that had to do with him. He removed himself from the group without a word, and paced down the hallway. His mind drifted to the cells. It was a rather bleak look on his life, but it was a possibility nonetheless. He jogged off without looking back to find where this had all started...

Elise sat still, her eyes drifting towards the hallway. There stood Serena, her body stiff and her hair matted to her head. Her eyes were red and wide; She was shivering slightly. Elise stood, looking over at Abigale and Julius. She shook her head, looking back towards Serena. Serena inched closer, a black shadow-like figure following behind her. "Death follows me everywhere, Elise." Elise reached a hand out, choking back a gasp as her hand went through Serena's body. "Is it cold there, Serena?" Serena nodded, looking to Julius. "I loved him once; I still do. Keep him safe, Elise. Make sure he realizes how much you care for him... I did not have that chance. Please. Tell Keith to open his eyes. I will be there to reveal myself when he can see me." Elise nodded, waving as Serena was led down the hallway by the shadow figure. "Goodbye, Serena."

Within minutes of running, Ryan realised that he didn't really know where the cells were... He kept tabs on the directions he took and doors he walked through however, so he would know how to get back to everyone else. He made his way through the kitchen, checked in the bedrooms and walked down the halls, opening a draw or cupboard here and there, just in case. Eventually he came across the main hall, the first room in the building where they all came in through. The front door was in his sights, but he knew that it wouldnt open. He was at the top of the stairs and had a view of the excessively large area below him. He slowly walked down the to the main hall, running his hand behind a painting here and there. He made his way to the bottom of the staircase and sat, thinking. He still felt like it mightbe in the cells, but he couldnt find them. He tride to remember where they came out from, but it was no use. All he could remember about leaving was coming to his snses alone in an empty hallway. He stood up and walked to the door. He figured he would try it, just incase. He knew the door handle wouldnt turn, but what was the harm in trying? Of course, it didnt budghe when he tried, and he shook his head and kicked the door aimlessly... *jingle*
He paused for a moment, and kicked it again, harder... *Jingle*
"Yup... of course..." He thought to himself, looking up and laughing quietly at the key dangling from a hook at the top of the door.

Jarrett walked through the hallways, his body rigid as he tried to figure out where his key was. "Damn you Serena.. Always giving me a hard time." He remembered where Serena had first taken him when he had been captured. She had led him to a very small room that was close to hers; He ran, looking through each room. That's when he found it. The room was small and dark, yet on the bed laid his original coat. It had been torn and worn down from running. Who knew that Julius could run so fast to catch him. He scowled, bringing the coat towards his body. It still smelled of his father. He sighed, letting a small tear run down his cheek. He pulled the key out of the pocket, vowing to never be so dense as long as he lived.

Sazael had been simply laying down in the room she was in, already well over her little fit from earlier, though her eyes were a bit puffy and red from the tears. She exited the room and walked around in search of the others only to see Ryan run by. A confused look went across her face as she simply continued to walk. Soon enough, she found Jarrett in a small dark room, holding a jacket to him. She stood by the door, peeking in silently.

Memories raced through Jarrett's head; He could remember the last time he had hugged his mother and father. In fact, at the age of twenty four, it would seem odd to any person that he was living with them at the time. The truth was, in fact, that his father had suffered a fall that had broken his back months before, and Jarrett had sold his home to pay for the medicine and care for his father and to ensure that his mother and father were taken care of. He indeed had a girlfriend, though she had been kidnapped years before and was considered 'missing or deceased'. His older brother and younger sister had moved far away years before the fall, and it seemed that Jarrett was the only child to care about his parents. He stifled a cry, shaking his head as he remembered what had happened that night...

*Snap* *Crackle*

Why do I smell burning? "Mom? Dad? You all okay?" Jarrett sat up in bed, his body aching from the work on the farm the day before. He saw the flames before he felt the heat; The orange and yellow flames lapped at wooden floor, sending a thick black smoke up to the ceiling. Jarrett fell out of bed, his clothes from that morning still on his body. He didn't have time to change before he had went to sleep; He had been exhausted. The flames came close to his face, spreading over his arm. He screamed in pain, jumping back and covering the burn with his right hand. He gritted his teeth, jumping over the fire and out the door. There were a bunch of men yelling at him from the open doorway; "Get out, Jarrett! We've got a hose and plenty of water!" Jarrett ignored the neighbor's cries. He raced upstairs, watching as the flames spread down the hallway in a weird way. Pieces of ceiling were breaking through and falling to the floor, sending Jarrett into a running panic. He braced himself, pulling his shirt over his mouth. The smoke was dense and hurt his lungs. He coughed, slowly making his way to his parent's bedroom. He spotted his mother on the floor, her body severely burnt. She was gasping, clinging to the bed in a desperate attempt to help her husband. "Mommah! We have to get out of here!" Jarrett pulled at her body, pulling her into his arms and making his way towards the doorway. "NO! Y-YOU'RE FATHER... HE NEEDS OUR HELP!" Jarrett turned back to look at his father in the bed; The flames had already begun to spread on his father's legs. His father screamed, patting out the fire quickly and waving Jarrett away. "Get your mother out! Now!" Jarrett stood there for a moment, frozen with a decision that stung his heart. "D-Dad.. I need you!" "NO! JARRETT, GET YOUR MOTHER OUT OF THIS ROOM! YOU KNOW I WOULD WANT THIS!" Those words still rung in Jarrett's ears. His father had been consumed by the fire before he left that room; He could still see the flesh peel and pop off of his father's chest. He could smell the charred skin. He cried as the floor became insanely hot, burning the bottoms of his feet. His mother was pounding on his back, screaming in his ear. Jarrett could feel the sorrow from her desperate struggle to be released. He carried her out the door, helping her out as the fire began to spread. It caught his left arm; The same one that had been burned before. He screamed, dropping to the floor and rolling to put out the fire. But it had already spread up his arm. He blacked out, waking up in the hospital. The nurse told him that his mother was severely burned, but she survived. Things became dark again, and he remembered being helped into a car by Serena and Julius; They took him away. He had escaped the car; It was a recent model that had just been invented. As he jumped out of the car, he fell, tearing his coat on the ground. He got up, running into the woods. The trees and ground scraped against his feet and face, cutting him up and slowing him down. He heard a sound, turning his head behind him. Julius was running after him, gaining a lot of speed quickly. He looked like a rabid animal that was chasing prey; That is when Jarrett was tackled to the ground. Julius had bit him, causing blood to seep from his neck. He screamed, shaking his head. "GET OFF ME!"

The bite was only a flesh wound; Nothing that would cause him to become a vampire. Julius led him back to the car, licking his lips the whole time. Jarrett realized then that he needed to be careful. He needed to obey what was told, and someday he would be released. He kept a tight hold on that thought; It was his only drive to stay alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was later revealed that Serena had accidentally started the fire, though Jarrett blamed her with all that he had for the death of his father. Jarrett sighed, snapping out of the memory. He wondered where his mother was; Was she still alive? He turned around, spotting Sazael as he took off his shirt, revealing the large, white scar that ran up his left arm in a odd pattern. "T-The fire.. I was lucky. So was my mother. My father always taught me to be strong.. I am now."

Last edited by a moderator:
Remembering each turn he had taken to get to the main hall, Ryan ambled back to where the group was when he left, spinning his key aimlessly in his hand. He was thinking about what would happen after they left. He coud see the reason to trust Abigale, but he knew it would take a while for him to be able to turn his back on her without any fear. But it would happen though. He thought about after he had gotten used to her. Would they become close? How close? Would he want her that close? He realised then that she would be around to watch him die of old age, if he was so lucky. He understood why she hated living on, and a spark of pity softened his heart to her. She was just like him, living on after she had lost her purpose. He thought about how long she would have been around for, and wondered what her purpose used to be...

∴Georgio Van Lesse∴
Georgio could see that everyone was just sitting around, or doing something else useless. He didn't have time for this. "If you need me, I'll be looking for my damn key." He walked up to the second floor. He would search high then low, going to every room. He wondered where his key would be. In a beautiful tux? A gorgeous top hat? Or something else amazing.

Georgio got into a room, he had to turn on the lights. The room was barren, accept for some clown doll on the floor. Georgio looked around, he thought this was some messed up crap. He looked up to the sky, "Thanks Serena." He had better look down then up, for Serena. Getting up the nerves, he ran over to the doll.

When he saw the doll up close, Georgio mind almost lost it. The doll was a mix of a clown and vampire. Georgio cursed under his breath, this was just amazing. Two things he hated, made into one. He knew that the key would probably be in the doll. Georgio didn't hesitate, he snatched the doll up. He then proceeded to rip it open, with the stuffing falling out. For sure, the key was in it. Georgio took the key and through the doll down. "Bastard."

Realizing that he must have gone through many hardships and suffering in the past, Sazael began to move towards him with a sad look on her face. Once close enough, she hesitantly reached her hand out to touch the white scar. Just seeing them made her feel pain in her chest. As if to ease any negative emotions or pains, she leaned her head in to softly brush her lips against the scar before looking back up to meet Jarrett's eyes. "Indeed, you are strong, Jarrett," she said with a smile.

Jarrett smiled, throwing his shirt back on and looking away. "Would you like to help me find her when we get out of here? I mean... You don't have to. But it'd be nice to see my family. What left I have, anyway.." He sighed, pulling out the thin key and nodding. "I forgot Serena even took my jacket and kept it hidden here this whole time.. I thought she would have thrown it away or something." He ran his fingers over the jacket silently. It was the last thing he had of his fathers. A small unnoticed tear slid out of his eye. He wiped it away, shaking his head and smiling to Sazael. "What are you doing here?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sazael simply nodded silently in reply to his question. She didn't mind helping him search for his mother if that was he wanted. It wasn't like she had many plans after escaping. If anything, she'd probably try to find her siblings and restart their relationships. After all, they were supposed to be family. Her attention was grabbed by the key that Jarrett held, looking at it questioningly. Did it serve some purpose? Had they figured something out while she was having her fit? "I was looking for you and the others.... That key... what is it for?" She asked, gesturing towards it.

Jarrett looked down at the key, twirling it in his fingers. It was a skeleton key; Very old and very small. "We each have keys that unlock boxes in Serena's office. We have to find them all to get all the clues about where the keys to the doors are. Have you found yours yet?" He looked her over, noticing that her eyes were rather puffy; As if she had been crying. "You okay, Sazael? You seem like you've been crying or something." He leaned against the dresser behind him, looking over the room. He had stayed in this room for months before becoming a prisoner. If it weren't for the broken leg that he had received due to Julius jumping on him, he would have had to endure the prisoner lifestyle far longer.

Keith stared at Georgio as he walked off, thinking about where the key that "lay within him" might be. Perhaps it was something that mattered a lot to him, or something that affected him greatly. In fact, where was Keith's own key? It probably wasn't inside the diary, as that would be too simple. Was it on Serena/Elise's person, or even inside her body? He hoped not, but it was a possibility. Speaking of keys...I never did mention the key in the fire, now did I? Hm...well, it's probably better this way. I'll go take care of it myself. He walked out of the room, waving to Miya before he left.

Keith explored every empty room he could find, not wanting to bother anyone else. Eventually, he found a room with a burning fire in it. Looking into the fire, he could just about see a key among the wood and flames. He put his hand close to the fire, but drew back in hesitation. Was there really no other way to do this? As he had suspected, there were no fire pokers or other suitable materials nearby. It seemed as if he simply had no choice.

Then he smiled as an idea dawned upon him. He grabbed the pointed end of Georgio's stake, taking care not to let it pierce his hand as he attempted to prod the key out of the flames. The wooden part caught fire quickly, but the metal part remained intact as Keith successfully hit the key out of its spot. He then let go of the stake and let it be consumed by the fire. Two birds with one stone, I suppose. Keith tried to pick it up, but quickly remembered that the key was still hot. After a quick cry of pain, he decided to sit down and wait a while for it to cool, blowing on his burnt fingertips in an attempt to soothe them.

Elise appeared behind Keith in the room, her eyes looking him over. "I suspect you are trying to figure out where your key is, right? I can help you, if you'd like." She walked into the room, pulling the necklace off her chest and lifting it into the light. She grabbed his hand, piercing it with a needle and piercing her finger as well. She dripped his blood onto the locket as well as hers, looking down at the necklace as it began to twist and move. The blood acted as a key, unlocking it and twisting into the shape of a key. "I will keep your key safe with me until it is time.. Serena wanted me to keep this locket." She smiled, walking away and humming to herself. Julius appeared, leaning on the door frame with a raised eyebrow. "You must have meant quite a bit to Serena, Keith. She's never been known to wear things on her unless it was something valuable to her."

"Um...I...thank you," Keith responded, not sure he could say anything else. Elise had certainly surprised him, but he was certainly thankful for her assistance. I do wish she hadn't poked one of the fingers I had burned earlier, though. He looked at the microscopic injury on his finger wordlessly. On another note, he had to find a way to avoid being so transparent; people always seemed to know what he was thinking. He wasn't particularly worried, but he figured it couldn't hurt. "Anyway, Julius," he said, looking up, "What are you doing here? I mean, it's been your residence for a while, but-" He cut himself off, realizing how awkward he sounded. "Well, what I mean is, do you happen to be in this area for a particular reason?"

Sazael nodded as he explained the purpose of the keys. In response to his question, she shook her head. Hopefully she wasn't the last to find her key. In response to his following question about crying, she simply nodded once. Though she didn't like to admit it, she didn't want to lie about something so obvious, but now wasn't the time to discuss such trivial matters. "I... should go find my key..." She said, glancing at his rather handsome face briefly before walking out of the room. She began walking around the manor, but her feet slowly began to move faster as she felt the need to find her key quickly. She made sure to look through each room thoroughly, even going through rooms twice or three times just to make sure her key wasn't in there. Eventually making her way back to the living room area, she began hwr search again. Under the chairs, behind the curtains, everywhere. It seemed nearly impossible to find her key. Slightly exhausted by all the searching, she took a seat on one of the chairs whrn she noticed something on the short table in front of her, something shiny. Upon closer inspection, she realized that it was a key. She had been searching everywhere, yet it was in such a simple and obvious place. The thought caused her to chuckle and smile to herself as she picked up the key like it was a delicate and precious artifact, holding it to her chest.

Last edited:
Ryan strolled down the hallway, heading back towards the rest of the group, humming to himself and throwing his key up in the air mindlessly. Up ahead he noticed Elise and Julius standing out the front of a door. They hadnt noticed him yet, so he wandered over quietly, keeping behind them. He didnt know why he was being sneaky. He just enjoyed the power over people that that gave him, oddly enough... Elise walked out with some strange locket, then Julius began talking to someone in the room, who Ryan now realised was Keith. Elise began walking away, and Ryan picked up his pace to catch up and began walking beside her.

"So Elise. Do you know if everyone has found their key yet?" He said, flashing his own before slipping it into his pocket.

Elise looked over at Ryan with a smirk, shaking her head. "Miya and Sazael still have not found theirs. Keith just discovered his, though. Did you find yours?" She noticed the smile on his face, giggling. "I suppose there is my answer. Do be careful, though.. We must not lose these if we wish to leave." She looked him over, frowning as she spotted Abigale walked alone in the hallways. "Why don't you go speak with her? It's been many years since I have been dead.. But I still know loneliness."

======================================================

Julius looked to Keith with a frown, sitting down on Serena's bed. "Well.. After Elise died, I started to go looking for some sort of purpose. Not all vampires kill for pleasure, you know.. After a while, I found Abigale and we traveled together. She had been turned by another vampire years before. We had been walking in the forest when we found Serena dead in a tree. She had hung herself. I pulled her down and tried to resurrect Elise.. But Serena came back to life instead. She stole the ashes and ran. It took me three weeks to find her. That's when she told me she'd give them back to me if I helped her build her dream mansion. She hid a memory box full of childhood things that you and her had shared somewhere around here.." His voice drifted off as he looked around her room. "I didn't need to stay, honestly.. I fell in love with Serena after a while. She gave me comfort. She gave me purpose to stay alive. But as much as I cared for Serena.. I still loved Elise with my inner soul. With that, Serena also loved you. It's odd, isn't it?"

Ryan noticed her too, and followed her with his gaze. "Loneliness...? Oh... I didnt think she would feel lonely. Isn't she close friends with Julius? And anyway, why would she want me to just walk up to her and start talking to her? That would be weird... What would I even talk about? What do vampires talk about? What could I do anyway to make her feel better?"

Ryan stopped himself, realising that he was talking way too much, and sighed. "I really dont know what will happen after we get out of here... I feel like it would be an awkward life... What's your opinion on all of this?" He said, looking at Elise.

Elise looked over at Ryan with a smile, shrugging. "We vampires are just the same as humans, Ryan. Besides.. Abigale was once a human. I feel so horrible for her.. Imagine having your life taken away, and all is left is a empty vessel that fills you with a blood lust. Some times it is manageable, but other times it is not.." She let her voice trail off as she continued walking with Ryan, her eyes on her hands. "It occurs to me that Georgio wishes to kill us, Ryan. The vampires, I mean. And though I'd like to stay alive, I understand what terrifies everyone about us. Honestly, I do. But at the same time it's equally frustrating. We did not have a choice... We did not choose this fate. Abigale was murdered and was turned by her savior shortly after. She does not wish to harm anyone; Rather, she'd like to end her own life. Julius told her that is not possible, though. We must be strong. It was said that Julius knows the first vampire that was ever created. I wonder what he is like.."

Status
Not open for further replies.