[Black Bullet RP] The Gastrea Aftermath (Izurich x Ultra Paradox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izurich

Pikaface
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Space Fantasy, Magical

• After a long and arduous war, the Gastrea threat is mostly eliminated. The invention of a new counter-virus - dubbed "Bellerophon" - eradicates the Gastrea viruses all over the world. It looked like humanity was recovering and all was good... except for the Cursed Children that is. With their abilities and powers no longer needed, the government are authorizing a crackdown on those born with the virus since Bellerophon can't cure them, stealth assassination ops are carried here and there, eliminating them one by one, sometimes with their partners should the latter refused to hand their Initiator over. Two years had passed since... only a handful of Cursed Children known to survive... One of them, the blue-haired sword-wielding Kohina Hiruko.

-A small house in the outskirts of Tokyo-

"Papa, they are here." A girl, with peculiar blue hair and vivid red eyes, was hiding behind a window of her bedroom as a spotlight shone through it, searching here and there, it was obvious that she was hiding from it, "I think there's about five of them, could be more." She said calmly, both of her hands carrying her signature weapon, twin blades. Hina perked up when a loud thud came from the main door followed by the creaking of wood, "They are trying to barge in." She narrowed her eyes, "I'll take care of them..." She nodded to her father, a tall slim man wearing a black suit and white opera mask. Hina moved swiftly to the living room as she used her abilities to jump up and plant herself on the ceiling's corner like a spider.

The wooden door gave way under pressure and not a second later, a smoke grenade was thrown into the room, spewing its smog all over the living room and into the rest of the house. Three men, all wearing special forces equipment, black camouflage suit, nightvision googles, and all. They carried assault rifles with modified Varanium bullets, specifically designed to harm those with Gastrea viruses inside of them such as the Cursed Children, in which Hina was one. The leader made some gestures as he ordered his two subordinates to search the house, still unaware of the stalking predator right on top of them... a mistake they would soon regret.

A pair of glowing red eyes, glints of sharp steel, and then... all hell broke loose as Hina unleashed her tranquil fury upon the three men. One of them had their head cut clean off his body, the other two aimed their weapons in a frantic search for their target as blood spewed. "..." Hina didn't give them a chance as she rolled underneath the table then slid below one soldier, jamming her sword up his crotch then used her right leg to knock his feet down, eviscerating him. Two down, one to go. Bullets flew here and there, fired by the last surviving soldier, he hit nothing but walls and furniture and as his rifle clicked, signalling the magazine was dry, was the moment where he felt cold steel piercing through his back and out of his chest, puncturing his heart. The man gurgled then fell to the ground, lifeless.

The Cursed Child wiped the blood off her swords as she gazed out the window, the commotion definitely revealed their position and now that they knew, they'll be more careful. "Papa," she returned to her father, dodging spotlights as she went, "What should we do now?"

After a long and arduous war, the Gastrea threat is mostly eliminated. The invention of a new counter-virus - dubbed "Bellerophon" - eradicates the Gastrea viruses all over the world. It looked like humanity was recovering and all was good... except for the Cursed Children that is. With their abilities and powers no longer needed, the government are authorizing a crackdown on those born with the virus since Bellerophon can't cure them, stealth assassination ops are carried here and there, eliminating them one by one, sometimes with their partners should the latter refused to hand their Initiator over. Two years had passed since... only a handful of Cursed Children known to survive... One of them, the blue-haired sword-wielding Kohina Hiruko.

-A small house in the outskirts of Tokyo-

"Papa, they are here." A girl, with peculiar blue hair and vivid red eyes, was hiding behind a window of her bedroom as a spotlight shone through it, searching here and there, it was obvious that she was hiding from it, "I think there's about five of them, could be more." She said calmly, both of her hands carrying her signature weapon, twin blades. Hina perked up when a loud thud came from the main door followed by the creaking of wood, "They are trying to barge in." She narrowed her eyes, "I'll take care of them..." She nodded to her father, a tall slim man wearing a black suit and white opera mask. Hina moved swiftly to the living room as she used her abilities to jump up and plant herself on the ceiling's corner like a spider.

The wooden door gave way under pressure and not a second later, a smoke grenade was thrown into the room, spewing its smog all over the living room and into the rest of the house. Three men, all wearing special forces equipment, black camouflage suit, nightvision googles, and all. They carried assault rifles with modified Varanium bullets, specifically designed to harm those with Gastrea viruses inside of them such as the Cursed Children, in which Hina was one. The leader made some gestures as he ordered his two subordinates to search the house, still unaware of the stalking predator right on top of them... a mistake they would soon regret.

A pair of glowing red eyes, glints of sharp steel, and then... all hell broke loose as Hina unleashed her tranquil fury upon the three men. One of them had their head cut clean off his body, the other two aimed their weapons in a frantic search for their target as blood spewed. "..." Hina didn't give them a chance as she rolled underneath the table then slid below one soldier, jamming her sword up his crotch then used her right leg to knock his feet down, eviscerating him. Two down, one to go. Bullets flew here and there, fired by the last surviving soldier, he hit nothing but walls and furniture and as his rifle clicked, signalling the magazine was dry, was the moment where he felt cold steel piercing through his back and out of his chest, puncturing his heart. The man gurgled then fell to the ground, lifeless.

The Cursed Child wiped the blood off her swords as she gazed out the window, the commotion definitely revealed their position and now that they knew, they'll be more careful. "Papa," she returned to her father, dodging spotlights as she went, "What should we do now?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kagetane Hiruko stood tall, his slim figure paced back and forth in the corner of his room as his dear daughter and initiator took care of the infuriating splinter cells. The gunshots in the other room kept him focused on his thoughts, as he pondered on what they would do next. As soon as the noises of stray bullets ceased he grinned under his mask and chuckled lowly under his voice as his daughter rambled besides him. His hands hidden behind a pair of gloves met his daughter at an embrace.

"Kohina, my dear daughter. I don't usually do this, but I feel like I should tell you. If we don't make it out of this, no..." He cleared his throat and looked over at the other room hearing more footsteps coming, "If I don't make it out of this I have always loved you. But enough of that. Look." He pointed at a window that if jumped out of could lead to a back alley. "You will go through that window and meet me at the nearest abandoned factory. I will distract them and you make your escape, if you don't see me there in an hour then..." The room suddenly went silent as he lifted the mask up to make eye contact with Kohina. For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, he was sharing a moment with his daughter.

"..." The twelve-year-old looked up at her father, glowing red eyes dimming down as she relaxed in his warm embrace. She hugged him back as she put her forehead on Kage's chest. She felt so safe with him, her father was the only person she ever truly trusted, she didn't need anyone else. The blunette never liked humans, they were annoying and stupid, ungrateful foolish bastards, they turned on her kin as soon as a cure was found, these wretched creatures finally showed their true colors. Oh if only she could see the look on that twintailed redheaded rabbit brat along with her blond friend as the humans they loved so much betrayed them. Hina was no fool though, she never fully trusted the humans, sure she worked with Enju once... but that was because of her father. Speaking about her father, he was being awfully serious and... worried, at that moment, Hina knew the situation was more dire than she thought.

"Papa, I..." Her lips trembled after he spoke the possibility of death and ordered her to escape on her own, "No!" She protested, she couldn't leave him, not when there were even more of those two-legged animals approaching them. She knew Papa was strong, that he could do anything, but... he wasn't invincible, he had his limits, though their opponents were mere humans, they could still kill him. "I-if you die, I... I can't..." The usually calm and sadistic girl began to show her insecurities as both of her hands grasped his suit, her body quivering in fear as the footsteps got louder and louder. Her red eyes widened, tears streaming down from them, when Kage took off his mask, revealing his true face so rarely seen by others. One look, one look at his face and Hina knew everything would be alright, no matter what happens.

"Y-yes, Papa..." The girl nodded as she wiped her tears then dashed away with her superhuman speed out of the window, into the alley, and away from their hideout. "Please be safe, please be safe..." She mumbled to herself as the winds tussled her hair and caressed her cheek. She'd head to the nearest abandoned factory, just as he instructed.

--

Back at Kage's location, the agents didn't take any chances with their second assault and threw frag grenades inside the house, forcing Kage to move or be assaulted by shockwaves and heat... how would the enigmatic man handle this without his Initiatior-daughter? Well, there was a reason he was so infamous and these fools would be sorely remembered why.

"Good girl..." He whispered and pulled the mask back down. He patted the unassertive girl on the head, rustling her bright blue hair with his fingers. "Now go." He stood up and took a deep breath.

Once Kohina jolted out the window he began to laugh under his voice at how worried he sounded. He lifted his hands up in front of his face and they trembled and as they quaked he just laughed. Not because of how humorous the situation was, but because of how ironic it was. Kagetane clenched his hands into the form of fists and then opened them once again, "I was once the one who brought fear into others...seems like this is a taste of my own medicine." He drew a pistol out of the strap hidden under his suit and held it out, directing it at the door.

He heard a two clinks and he noticed what seemed to be the strange noise that got ever so closer. A frag grenade rolled in between his legs and kagetane, with only a slim amount of time, pounced out of the way and into the other room. Raspy breathing and ringing ears was the only noise that followed and he peeked over the corner.

There were two soldiers securing the room, they wore ski masks, long baggy black pants with extra ammo straps on their thighs, and bullet proof armor that protects them from even modified Varanium bullets. One held what appeared to be an M15 with a flashlight tied to the bottom of it. The other held a small pistol in one hand and in the other a small radio, "No, doesn't seem like the Initiator is here sir."

"Damn...what about Kagetane?" A voice cracked broke the silence on the other end.

"He's-"

Kagetane snapped the soldier with the m15's neck and blasted the other man in the temple. Warm blood splattered against the wall and then drenched his suit. There were more men in the other room and they shined their flashlights at his direction, but he was gone by then. One man became nervous and pulled out his radio, his hand shook uncontrollably,"Sir, we need reinforcements!"

"Private, calm down." One of the men grabbed his shoulders and when the private turned around the man's head was blown off by a gunshot and the rest of the splinter cell agents were massacred.

"Private, radio to your commander and tell him Kagetane is dead." He told him, his voice serial and monotone.

The child with Gastrea blood in her veins sprinted through the alleyways in a speed so inhuman, it was clear she was no mere girl. Barred-up windows and dilapidated walls accompanied her swift journey, this particular district was mostly abandoned, its past rife with Gastrea attacks, its citizens having moved to the metropolis years ago. Only a handful of stubborn people, mostly elderly, still stayed, providing an excellent place for the father and daughter duo to lay low, but even here, they were not safe after all. Hina jumped up to a house's roof, landing with her feet and one hand, she looked up, the dreary sight of an old factory graced her trademark crimson pupils, it was there she must go, it was there she'd reunite with Papa. He'd make through this, please let him make through this.

When the Promoter began his counter-assault at the splinter agents, Kohina arrived at the abandoned steel factory with a skidding halt, trailing dusts in her wake. She didn't even gasp for breath, already trained to control her Gastrean abilities, turning her into a deadly agent of death. She scanned her surroundings, rusts and metal rot were everywhere around here coupled with wild plants growing freely due to the lack of human activity and maintenance. It seemed no one else was here, but she couldn't be too careful, readying her right hand on her sword's hilt, she ventured deeper into the factory, entering a building marked 'Warehouse 39'. The Initiator took very careful steps, the metallic moans of structures slowly losing their strength and bucking under pressure occasionally echoed in the industry complex, giving her a sense of dread, she was alone, without her Promoter, it scared her most than anything else.

A light thud, "!?" Hina's eyes glowed in full alert as she unsheathed her sword, abruptly turning to her left. Through her experienced ears, she knew it was the sound of a footstep, something - or someone - was here, was it one of those splinter agents? If so, there'd be more of them. Hina didn't take her chances as she dashed to the source, both swords drawn and glinting at her sides, ruby eyes opened wide in full focus as another pair of red stared back at her, not only that, it was also charging at her. "Tch." For the next precious seconds, Hina crossed her swords in front of her as a rather familiar boot went straight to her face, sparks fly together with a loud clashing sound as the two made contact. Hina and the other unidentified figure passed through each other, then quickly turned around, both planting their feet firmly on the ground as dusts flew around them.

"You..." The other figure spoke, feminine voice distinctively familiar, gritting her teeth, hands clenched at her sides as a pair of long pigtails lay to rest at her sides.

"..." Hina simply stared back in placid unamusement, her expression slightly relaxing but still on alert. It was just her, the stupid naive girl who couldn't keep her mouth shut, like a wild uncontrollable fire. Hina was never fond of her ever since they first met, like water and oil, they could never truly mingle.

"What are you doing here?!" Enju screamed at her face, both girls not making a move yet. "Kkkh..." The other initiator suddenly buckled, clutching her belly, her clothes were torn here and there with wounds and blood marring her figure, she was not in a good shape yet she tried to stay strong, what a cute little rabbit.

The blue-haired girl didn't reply, she simply analyzed Enju's current state and the fact that her Promotor, the dark-haired gun-totting teenager, was nowhere in sight, her blond initiator friend and her samurai girl promoter weren't here either, so... it looked like Enju was also alone, but obviously in a worse shape than her, "Where is Rentaro?" Hina cocked her head which just made Enju even more annoyed.

"I am the one asking questions here, brat, I don't have to tell you any-... any-... uugh..." Her wounds got the best of her as Enju fell down to one knee, still trying her best to stand strong, but right now, her attempts were pitifully pathetic.

Kohina, convinced Enju posed little threat to her, approached the redhead, her swords still gripped by her hands, "Don't force me to kill you, Enju, you are in no shape to fight." She said plainly, but making sure it'd hit squarely in the other girl's pride, "So, I ask, where is Rentaro? And your other two friends?" She thrusted her sword, stopping just right under Enju's chin, almost puncturing her neck.

"..." Even the brash fiery redhead knew what a hopeless situation is, she sighed in reluctant defeat, "We... were attacked by those assassins and ended up separated," She coughed, blood launched from her mouth to the dirtly floor, "I don't know... but, hey..." The other girl grinned, "Where's your... you know, 'Papa'? Looks like you're alone to-!?" Enju stopped her jab mid-sentence as Hina's blade lightly poked at her neck, brushing the skin, and drawing a small trickle of blood, that was a bad move on her part, never talk bad about Hina's Promoter.

"If not for our mutual enemy, I'd kill you, right here, right now..." The blunette's lips broke into a rather wide grin, an expression she showed mostly to her most hated rival, "He'll be here, soon enough, he is stronger than your wretched excuse of a promoter." Hina drew her sword back then stood still, her gaze never leaving Enju.

"Do you thi-" Enju raised her finger.

"Shut up." Hina interrupted.

"I'm just sayi-"

"Shut. Up."

"-ng that we need our daily shots..."

"...." Now that, was a very good point. "Yes."

"Do you have any?" Enju fidgeted, her voice dripping with worry.

"No..."

"Me neither."

Well, shit.

The private dropped to his knees and began to beg for mercy. "Please sir, I have a daughter!" He held his hands high as tears soaked his ski mask. He held onto Kagetane's pants and tugged. Kagetane just watched him fumble over his words before kicking him off keeping the gun to his head.

"So do I, and you attempted to kill her! Call. Them. Off." He pressed the tip of the gun against his forehead. The man gasped and held the radio up to his lips, he clicked a button and whispered something under his breath.

"What was that Private?" The commander asked on the other line,"How's your squad, do you need reinforcements?" The man on the other end was calm. He had enough men to take down an army of Gasteria, so one man wouldn't be enough to stand the force of a whole unit of splinter cells.

"No...Kagetane escaped, he was able to kill my whole squad, yet he let me live. Said I should live to 'tell the tale'." The soldier glared up at Kagetane who was nodding. He put the firearm into his jacket and the Private put the radio down. "There...happy?"

"Very." Kagetane kicked the man in the Jaw, knocking him unconscious. He heard treads of footsteps approaching, probably to check the room one last time before rendezvousing in some other location. He rushed towards the window, and hopped out. He swiftly landed on his two feet, taking minor damage and began to run towards the nearest abandoned factory.

"I'll be there soon Kohina...very soon."

He stood outside of the broken down factory, a long time ago this was where they mass produced Varanium bullets to fend off the Gasteria. Abandoned almost twenty years ago for horrible accidents affecting the workers. Kagetane once had a past here, a past he will never go to ever again.

Lost in oblivious reflection he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, when he looked to his right he realized that one of bullets actually hit him back at the hideout. He grunted as his suit was ruined and blood rushed down to his arm. The adrenaline must of gotten to him, he didn't feel anything while escaping.

"Kohina?" He called out, his voice echoed throughout the factory. He heard footsteps from the far side of the factory and pulled out a gun. "Who's there?" He called out.

Last edited by a moderator:
A long awkward silence fell between the two opposites, Hina still kept her unflinching gaze on her rival Initiator as Enju sat with her back leaning against an empty crate, slowly recovering her badly mangled body, if she was a normal girl, Enju would be long dead by now. "So..." The talkative redhead tried to come up with a conversation, like a rabbit, she couldn't stay still, her mouth included, "Uh... unless you want us to turn into monsters, hehe," The redhead scratched the back of her head, "We better get some shots, soon." Oh how could she be more obvious? One could only wonder why Rentaro haven't shot her head yet... oh wait, they were both idiots, idiots mingled with each other just fine.

Hina simply blinked once, keeping her silence for a little while longer, her eyes glowed in annoyance as Enju's little lips began moving again, "I swear... if you don't shut up, little bunny, I'll slice you u-."

"Who's there?"

"Papa!?" Just like that, Hina dropped all of her hostile composure as she quickly turned to the direction of Kagetane's voice, it was unmistakable, he survived! The blunette quickly dashed to where he was, completely ignoring the other girl. "Papa!" She arrived with a skidding halt, she was about to hug him when the girl noticed fresh blood dripping from a nasty bullet wound on his back, "N-no! No!" She instantly began to panic, it wasn't true, he couldn't be hurt, "P-papa, papa, are you going to be alright? Please tell me you are going to be alright! Please!" She held her head, red eyes bubbling with tears as she looked at the hideous hole on his flesh. It couldn't end like this, not when she had just been reunited with him. Hina was at a loss on what to do.

"Geez... calm down will ya, mantis?" The twintailed girl entered the fray, already recovered enough so she could move about comfortably, "If this mask-fetish guy is still what he's used to be, then I'm sure he'll be alright..." How ridiculous, she was actually wishing for his well-being. Not two years ago. she'd be very glad if Kagetane dropped dead along with his bitch of a daughter, the daughter who tried to kill her Rentaro, "I think we got more pressing matters to attend," Enju looked very serious this time, her glare matching Hina, she brazenly walked closer to the duo, holding her arm with her other hand, "Kagetane, I haven't got my ERS for today... or the days before that, we uh... kinda lost most of our supply, so uh... Do you have any shots?" The rabbit tried to pass this off in a jesting manner, but inside, her pride was like being stabbed repeatedly by Kohina's twin blades, "P-please, I don't want to turn into a monster..." There, she finally said it, she was begging to her former arch-nemesis.

"Papa," Kohina looked without an ounce of pity at Enju, she tilted her head to the side once, twice, then grinned wide, "We should just let her turn, she'll be a nice distraction for those agents, and then after she's weak, I can kill her... kill, kill kill her!" The girl broke into an insane cackle as she pointed one sword to the redhead, "No, nonono, Papa won't give you anything, why should he give you anything?"

"Tch," Enju gripped her collar as her lips trembled, then she screamed with all her might, "Because we were on our way to see YOU both! Then we found a small army of agents heading to you!!! We... We engaged them, Rentaro, me, Kisara, Tina... t-they all... we all fought for YOU!!" She panted, her breath heaving, "T-there... that's why we were separated, there were too many of them, happy now, bitch?!"

"..." Hina was taken aback, so that's why there were so few of those splinter cells, too few if they was specifically hunting for Papa and herself, but it couldn't be true right? There's no way Enju and her cohorts would risk their very lives for their most hated enemy, no... no she must be lying, "Papa, don't listen to her, she's lying! Let me kill he-"

"You ungrateful..." Enju interrupted, "Ungrateful little brat, I'll... I'll kill you, I don't care if I die, b-because of you, Rentaro is... he's... Aaaaaaargh!!" Both pair of eyes glowed red as the two Initiators charged at each other again, kicks versus slashes, sparks flew everywhere as the factory bear silent witness to the duel between two inhuman girls.

Last edited:
Kagetane's top hat tilted forward coating his mask in a sheet of darkness as he clutched his fists. The rain outside of the factor began to pitter-patter against the concrete building invaded by shrubs and tangled vines while Kagetane was driven into another stage of deep meditation. The two initiators fought, exchanging kicks and words while Enju avoided Kohina's slashes. Lightning illuminated the factory and helped bring an intensity to the savage fight between the two girls. He looked down at his hands and growled lowly,'Who is your real enemy?' He heard that familiar voice in his head. The one who drove him mad in his younger years of life.

His consciousness fought his pride, and his pride fought his past being. A man who once fought to bring an end to the crimes caused by humanity now ran from humanity. He had nothing but his daughter and if he were to die his daughter would have no one. But how must Rentaro's Initiator feel. The brat with the twin pigtails, who posed a problem wherever he went, she had that expression in her voice, Sadness...the feeling you get when you lose someone you adore so much. A pain he would never want Kohina to feel.

He thought about Rentaro and that girlfriend of his, where were they, did the splinter cells arrest them and if so were they executed yet or were they killed on the spot? Hopefully they're alive because they can be very useful. What about Tina Sprout, that little assassin could be a real pain in the ass if she's an enemy...but as an associate she could be very useful. Hopefully she's alive as well. He needed to get his daughter somewhere safe, because Metropolis isn't anymore.

"Stop!" He shouted and all went silent, the only noise was the sound of rain slipping through the cracks in the roof and the occasional rumble of thunder. The only way to stop Kohina from feeling that pain...is to make the enemy of his enemy his ally. He reached into his suit and pulled out two syringes. "Enju, is what you say true?" He questioned, trying not to glance at his own daughter. He feared that she would look at him in disapproval, but she doesn't understand. No, she is still young and foolish. She will learn soon.

"Stop!"

Kagetane's voice pierced through the falling rain and raging thunder, through the loud duelling clashes, and into the ears of Kohina and Enju. The sheer authoritative weight behind his voice managed to halt the duellists from making any more moves. They faced each other, a few feet apart, eyes still glowing and weapons - feet in the case of Enju - at the ready. As Kage asked his question, Hina turned to face her father with a look of disbelief mixed with betrayal, did he just... offer her precious ERSs to this redheaded scum? "Papa!" Hina gritted her teeth, but he was deliberately ignoring her, she didn't want him to give Enju anything, but he was her father, her everything, she couldn't even consider hurting him. "You can't... those are, those... kkh..." She stuttered, couldn't make up a coherent sentence.

"Yeah, why would I lie?" Enju sighed, slowly losing her will to fight as her anger was replaced by despair, "I lost everyone, I'm about to mutate, and Rentaro..." The rabbit-type Initiator closed her eyes, barely holding back tears as she sat on the wet ground, "...I think he's captured, possibly dead already..." Enju pulled the sleeve of her hoodie as Kagetane gave her one syringe, then she injected herself with it. ".....Thank you." The girl said after a few long seconds of throwing away her pride.

"Papa, papa gave you..." Hina drew her swords, but it seemed Kage didn't want them to fight anymore, the blunette stood still as her father injected her with the other syringe, "You... you get the hell out of here, I... I don't want to see you... ever again..." She breathed in and out, scarcely holding back her rage, her very own father just gave her lifeline to the enemy, he betrayed her... Hina sheathed her swords then gripped her fists, looking down on the ground, her body frozen in mental shock.

"I uh..." Enju ignored her rival for now and approached Hina's promoter, fidgeting with her clothes, it was clear that she got nothing left to even think of conversing with Kage, "I don't have anywhere else to go... and alone, I'll surely die if those agents come after me so... I uhm... I..."

"Don't. Even. Think..." Hina growled.

"Come with you? Help me search for my friends? See if they're still alive..." Enju plowed on.

"Kh... K-kill you... I... will." Hina quivered as every muscle in her body tensed.

"Please!" Unexpectedly, Enju bowed with her forehead planted to the dirty ground, not giving a care about how utterly humiliating she must look, "Please help me find Rentaro, please! I... I beg you, I will do anything, just... just help me..."

"Papa... No."

"Sir Hiruko, please..."

Quite a situation Kage got himself in.

Kagetane stood adjacent to the beseeching girl, her words quivering behind a water fall of tears slithering down her cherry red cheeks. She was begging, his long time enemy whom wished to kill him just a couple months ago begged for amnesty. She had nothing, her friends were gone, and Rentaro was plausibly massacred mercifully by the splinter cells for him trying to aid his initiator. Then to his right was his daughter, that look of betrayal besmirched across her face. It made his stomach lurch, he didn't mean to sicken her the way he did. So here he was, with a choice between life and death, daughter or ally, good or bad. It all added up to his final answer, he made it out to be the cleverest one.

"Enju…" He sighed and reached down to lightly touch her shoulder, "There are so few of us at the moment. It is true, Kohina and I may be able to take a whole unit of splinter cells down, but everybody has their own limits. Even if we get to Rentaro imagine having to fight our way in then our way out. It could be a suicide mission." There was a tone of resentment in his voice, no not resentment, pity. He felt pity for the girl, for she truly felt what it was like to lose someone. "And…what if he's dead?"

Saying those words was like dropping a stone on a bird. He felt that snap of her heart, the overwhelming amount of sadness that radiated off of her. He looked over at Kohina trying to get her opinion out of this all. How did she feel seeing someone this sad, had it really affected her at all? Kagetane pondered over and over if he had raised her too harshly, but there was no choice to her upbringing. She had to be tough to live in a world like this, look where it has gotten her. She is strong, and for that she is alive.

There must be a reason, any reason, why Papa was listening to this brat. She looked so pathetic, begging and grovelling at the ground, to make matters worse, it was to her mortal enemies. Despite her broken heart, Hina found a smug smirk curling at her lips as she looked down at Enju as if she was but a mere worm. With the initial anger and shock gradually dissipating, the blunette's mind gave way to logic and reason, she had grown up over the past two years, forced to mature due to their circumstances. It was because of Enju that she regressed to her past insane sadistic demeanor, her hatred towards the rabbit were that strong. The blue-haired girl crossed her arms as Kage approached the kneeling redhead, she listened to her father's words, but for some reason, she knew Enju would try to find her Promoter no matter what even if it meant certain death. "Papa..." Hina was quite taken aback at how compassionate her father acted towards their worst enemy.

"I..." Unexpectedly, Enju didn't lash at out at Kage, the person who basically told her that Rentaro is dead, "I know that..." She murmured, raising her torso until she was sitting on the ground, quivering, "But even there's a chance, a tiny slim chance that he's alive, I want to help him, he's done so much for me..." She looked up, her eyes understanding that Kage must've felt the same towards his daughter, "E-even if you don't come with me, I'll still go, I can't live without him." Enju slowly stood up and was about to turn around when...

"Wait," Her rival called out, Hina was reaching out with her right hand, but stopped midway, retracting it back to her chest as she looked away from Enju, her eyes full of contemplation while her lips trembled in hesitation, "Papa, I uh... I think we s-should h-he..." It was so hard, so hard to admit it but Enju's words struck her, "Help her, we can't survive alone, I-I think she's telling the truth, i-if her group hadn't been here, who knows what would happen?" The mantis surprised herself, her words sounded sincere, her past self would never consider helping Enju out of her own will, two years could go a lot in someone's character development. Hina sighed, putting her hands to her hips as she gave a rather annoyed look at Enju, "But remember, rabbit, if you lie, I'll spare no expense in dicing you into tiny meaty bits." She didn't sound so serious, it was a mere attempt to 'maintain' her hostile demeanor, didn't want Enju to think they were best friends or something.

Through the rain and dust, Enju's orange eyes were visibly tearing up as she sobbed once, twice, then escalated to a full blown grateful wail, she dared herself to approach Kohina then hugged her tight, their dirty wet clothes mingling with each other, "T-thank you! Thank you, thank you!" She put her chin on Hina's shoulder, tears streaming, crying like she never cried before.

"H-hey, g-get off! Ugh!" The reluctant blunette tried to push the other initiator away, but she held on like vices, and... she kinda liked seeing Enju like this, being hugged out of gratitude by one's worst enemy wasn't something most could claim. Slowly, Hina's right hand was raised as she gently patted Enju's back, smiling as she whispered to her ears, "If you try this to Papa, I will seriously kill you though~" Her jolly tone greatly contrasted with her words, causing the other girl to stiffen up as Enju gulped and nodded, "Good rabbit, good~" The two separated then, their eyes narrowing.

"Did you hear that?" Enju turned around to the east.

"Yeah," Hina drew her swords then twirled them once, "Footsteps. We got company."

What followed was five instances of a silenced rifle's fire then the wet thuds of five bodies falling to the wet ground. Someone else eliminated the approaching splinter agents before the trio could make a move. "Who?!" Hina went even more alert as she looked here and there, but Enju just grabbed her shoulder, giggling, "Huh?"

"Don't worry! Haha," The redhead looked really happy, "Glad to see she's alright, look!" She pointed upwards, to the top of one water tower. If one squinted, there was a small figure of a girl carrying a sniper rifle half the size of her body, "Tina!" The figure then holstered her rifle as she made her way down.

A few moments later, the Silent Killer joined the party, her clothes were wet but not torn up like Enju and she looked fine, "Greetings, everyone." Tina bowed politely, she didn't need explanation as they were clearly not at each other's throats, "I believe Enju had told you everything, although we have gathered new information, Rentaro is alive and is being transported to the corps' forward base, not too far away from here, but not very close either." The Model Owl spoke in her usual calm polite tone.

"Who's 'we'?" Hina inquired, slightly tilting her head.

"Kisara, my Promoter, she should be here soon."

OOC: I think I'll give you the helm for the 'Rescuing Kentaro' plot arc. :P If you have anymore suggestions, just use our PM. ;)

A couple seconds flew by and Kisara stepped into the room, in her right hand she held her signature katana. Blood was besmirched along the steel blade as she made one of her 'famous' entrances. She had an eerie look in her deep seated black eyes as she scrutinized the group that stood before her. "Tina, Enju-" A smile formed on her light pink lips and then she saw them, those low lives always trying to ruin humanity,"Kagetane and Kohina..." A growl escaped the back of her throat as she mentioned those two, intensifying the situation. She began to move towards Tina and Enju watching them closely, "What're they doing here?" She asked, her eyes not breaking off of them.

Kagetane could not help but chuckle at the girl, those eyes are filled of terror no doubt. He shook his head and walked besides his daughter and patted her on the head. "We're not enemies anymore Kisara," He told her, yet those words sent a chill down Kisara's back.

She was in complete denial at the situation,"You two tried to ruin the lives of millions and suddenly we're allies? Bullshit." She looked down at Enju and then at Kohina. It looked like Enju was recently cut on her cheek, a string of blood slithering down her cheek. "You did this didn't you?" She held her sword out in front of her, and attempted to launch an attack on Kohina.

Kagetane got in the way and grabbed the sword as it sliced the palm of his hand, blood dripped onto the floor as his white glove soon became drenched in a dark red color. He stood there for a couple of seconds watching Kisara gasp at his actions, then her eyes noticed what they first couldn't. He had a gun against her stomach," I was speaking to you with modesty and kindness, don't take it for granted. Either we're enemies or Allies, and at the moment you don't have a choice. Tina, tell your initiator to back away from my daughter before it's too late."

Was this the same Kagetane they spoke to just seconds earlier? The one that showed so much mercy? At one attempt of hurting his daughter, he jumped to action, ready to kill who he had to. Looks like people do change, but not as much as expected;After all, Kagetane is a survivor, not an angel.

"Papa!"

"Kisara!"

"*Sigh*..."

Hina, Enju, and Tina; the three Initiator girls all conveyed their own reactions as Kagetane and Kisara clashed, with the former casually holding the latter's absurdly sharp blade as he put his gun's barrel to her belly, an obvious enough to prove that both weren't ordinary humans even though they had no Gastrea blood in them. In just a matter of split seconds, Hina's twin swords were already drawn and would be already charging at the older swordswoman if not for Enju standing in front of her, "Get out of the way, Enju!" Hina growled, her eyes twitching like an agitated rabid dog.

Enju's cheek wound that Kisara spoke of was already healing in a typical Initiator's recovery ability, smokes steaming from Enju's cheek and when it cleared, the cut was no more, leaving just a streak of blood which immediately be washed by the rain. "No... please, no more bloodshed." The redhead stood between Hina and the two Promoters, "Please, we need everyone alive if we are to rescue Rentaro." He was the only reason that made her willing to do this, throwing away her pride and begging to her worst enemies. Her orange eyes moved to Tina, the blond nodded as she calmly approached the Promoters.

"Enju is correct, Kisara, we are allies, at least for now. Kagetane and Kohina will help us to retrieve Rentaro, I believe it is only logical as we risked our lives to engage the Corps assigned to hunt them." Tina gestured to the warehouse where Hina and Enju met earlier, "I believe we should go inside there, take shelter from this rain, we can discuss our situations better." She'd say, her tone still calm and polite though there was a subtle weight behind them, even the Owl's patience had its limits. She went inside the warehouse, followed by a grumbling Hina and sighing Enju.

The three girls would each take their own position, Hina leaning against a container, Enju sitting on a crate while swinging her legs, while Tina was checking her rifle for any damages, they'd wait until Kage and Kisara came in as Hina eyed the bouncy-chested samurai, "Blondie said you got some info about Rentaro, so, tell us then?" She said as she went to her father, hugging him, "Papa, I-I'm doing this for you... not for them."

Kisara stood besides a pile of crates, her back to it as she calmly tapped her foot against the factory's herb infested flooring. She scrutinized Kage, keeping an eye on him at all times. She understood what they had sacrificed to help him survive the attack on the warehouse, yet he couldn't be trusted. Not yet. There was an awkward silence that filled the air, and just like a balloon that you keep blowing into to, it had to suddenly stop.

"Well then?" Kage spoke up suddenly, as he hugged his daughter, keeping one arm around her in an embrace. "Where's Rentaro?"

Kisara continued to eye the masked man, curving her mouth as a growl slipped off of her tongue. Then she spoke, her voice hoarse from the long moment of silence. "I-" She cleared her throat then spoke clearly, "Well, Tina and I saw Rentaro a couple hours ago after we got separated with Enju. He was being taken into a high security prison a couple miles south of here. But there were a lot of guards, far more than I or even Tina can handle. He's alive though, I'm sure of it..."

"What makes you so sure?" Kage questioned, Kisara bit down on her lip and stopped herself from going off on the man.

"If he was to be executed, why would they cuff him and take him into a max security prison?"

"You have a point..." Kage nodded and looked down at his daughter, then back at her, "We're going to have to move quickly. I'm sure the splinter cell agents will soon learn of their dead comrades that you took out."

"Yet where shall we go?" Kisara asked.

"We're going to regroup on a roof of a building a couple of meters away from the Jail, then we'll make our move."

"Kisara's right! Rentaro is alive, he must be!" Enju jumped up and down in excitement mixed with anxiety as the samurai teen told the party about her Promoter. Driven by her burning desire to reunite with him, Enju didn't want to consider any other possibility than him being captured, they cuffed him and imprisoned him, what else other than to interrogate? Even the brash redhead knew this. "Who they truly want is me, not him," Enju said confidently, "They must interrogating him about me, but I know Rentaro will tell those scums nothing!" She clenched her hands into fists, "We must rescue him now!"

"Correct," The Owl chimed in, logical deduction was one of her perks after all, "With Enju on the loose, Rentaro is no use to them dead. Keeping him alive will prove beneficial for interrogation and as bait, I believe they know we will come to him sooner or later." Tina gave a small sly smirk, quite rare for the girl, "But I think they wouldn't consider the Kagetane and Kohina cooperating with us." The sniper girl said as she finished her rifle's maintenance, "Right now, we have the element of surprise, we should strike soon." She nodded at Kage, "Yes, I believe so as well, they will send reinforcements. We shall divide for now, rendezvousing at the designated roof."

All this time, Hina kept her silence, letting her father do the talking. Everyone seemed to mutually agree as they temporarily parted ways. Kisara and the two Initiators went off on their own, leaving the father and daugher together. "Papa," Hina finally spoke as she nuzzled in his warm embrace, "I still don't like that girl with two big sacks of meat, I think she's even worse than Enju..." After the redhead's begging just now, Hina found a bit of compassion worming to her heart, Enju might not be so different than her after all, they both loved their promoter and still very much dependent on them, unlike the independent Tina.

Hina broke away from her father as she brandished her swords then with two fast strokes, clean them of any leftover blood and air, its gleaming sharp steel glinted, "I'm ready when you are, Papa."

--

Meanwhile...

"Not gonna ask again, you little shit," A big burly man wearing the uniform of the splinter agents slammed both of his fists to the metal table, the furniture creaking under his strength, even the single lamp above him shook in disturbance, "Where is the girl?" His right hand reached out as he grabbed the man in front of him by the collar, "Tell me or... well, let's see how do you like your nails being pulled out, one by one..." He released the younger man, scowling as he crossed his arms, "Cooperate with us and we will let you, Promoter Rentaro."

"Hmph..." Kagetane nodded, watching as everybody went their separate ways. He glanced down at his daughter and couldn't hold back a chuckle. "Hina, who don't you hate other than me?" He poked a jest at her, but seriousness abrupted the atmosphere. He became serious, and pulled his gun out. "After we save Rentaro, the splinter cells will really want us dead." He informed his daughter, looking away from her. "I won't let them hurt you. Now let's go." He began to rush off without warning, knowing Kohina will follow.

The facility they were going to was a small prison, the outside was visible to the public eye, but inside was blocked away from everyone except for the splinter cells. There was a large fence outside barbed wire at the top and multiple Splinter Cells marched back and forth on the perimeter carrying large guns.

There were some towers with beacons on the top of them, overlooking the city. It was heavily protected, probably a hundred of them only on the outside. The question on everyone's mind was, how are we going to do this? Kagetane, on the other hand, had a plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rentaro's breath was hoarse, his body weary and feeble. He was badly beaten already but still didn't break. He watched the man as he was tied down to the chair, and cackled as the jiggled around in anger. Then he grinned rather weakly, "You're not going to hurt my Enju...Fat man." He told him weakly.

"Ho, playing hard to get, aren't we?" The interrogator chuckled as he put his hands behind his back, smirking cruelly at the battered young man, "No matter, you'll break, sooner or later." He motioned his hand to the wide one-way window in the room. A few moments later, another agent entered, bringing with him a metal tray filled with all sorts of tools; a plier, needles, and syringes among other things. "Boy, you're going to bath in your own blood after we're done with you." The man chuckled with a guttural growl as he picked up the pliers, "As I promised, we'll start with your nails." He approached the stubborn Promoter, another session of torture began, Rentaro's single hope was for Enju to proceed with their contingency plan should he's captured.

--

"Well..." Hina rubbed her head against Kage's arm, mischievously looking up at him, "I don't really hate Enju now, also I'm fine with Tina..." A subtle blush crept up to her pale cheeks when she spoke the sniper's name, over the years, Kohina grew a rather peculiar fondness for her, how Tina could be so mature and act calmly even in the most desperate situations, unlike the brash and hot-headed Enju. Tina was calculating and analytical, an adept strategist. Perhaps relating to her attachment to Kagetane, Hina liked people who bore his traits, a giggle escaped her lips before she quickly covered it. "N-not that I mean anything by that, I just... w-well..." She looked away at a loss for words, in the end she decided to change the topic by jumping in her father's serious bandwagon, him rushing off without warning certainly helped her case. "Phew..." The short-haired blunette wiped her forehead as she dashed behind Kage, keeping her pace as to not overtake him.

Soon enough, the pair arrived at the small - but heavily secured - containment facility. Hina arrived with a skidding halt as she took cover beside her father in the bushes, "I wonder if..." before she could finish, a pair of red pig tails also arrived, carrying with her three walkie-talkies. "Hey guys," Enju grinned at them, "Tina is already in position at that building over there," the redhead pointed to a tall office building nearest to the prison, "I will be going with Kisara so we can infiltrate from two fronts, to confuse them and all that, I'm just here to give you this walkie-talkies so we can communicate." Enju said as she gave Kage and Hina each one of the devices, "Don't worry, it uses encrypted frequencies, makes them harder to detect us... something like that, but Tina said so, I think it's good." The redhead gave the pair of father and daughter one last smile, "Thank you." before she went off to her own assigned location with Kisara.

"Huh.. well..." Hina checked the device as she turned it on then spoke to it, "Test, test..."

"Received, I am at my position," Tina's distinctive voice rang out from the speakers, "Ready when you are, over." The speech ended with a slight static as everyone waited for Kagetane to speak up, his crafty mind would be tested here.

Kagetane knew that everyone was now depending on him. His ideology, quick thinking, and his crafty mind would be put to the test. He watched the prison, and every guard within it. He just inspected it for a couple minutes before activating the walkie-talkie,"Enju and Kisara, I like where you're placed, the very front is the best for the both of you considering your advantage in speed. But as an approach, Enju has to walk up to the gate as if she's surrendering."

Kisara growled and whispered in a very outraged voice, "That's suicide, your putting her in danger!"

Kage sighed and shook his head, before responding, "Let me finished, they're going to want to incarcerate her. They think that with her information they can get intel on our location and then they will dispose of her and her beloved Rentaro. So that's where Tina comes in. As guards come out to grab her they're going to aim the spotlights from the watchtowers at Enju. With Tina's trusty rifle, she will shoot the lights out and in the darkness she will take them out with the help of Kisara."

Kisara looked at Enju nodding slightly before sighing, "As long as Enju and Tina are alright with it."

"Good." Kage took a deep breath before letting out a breath of frustration, "Then I will rush in with the help of my Hina through the side of the jail. We'll make our way inside and save Rentaro and rendezvous outside of the city."

"What will we do as we wait for you to get out?" Kisara questioned him.

"You guys will be fighting for your lives. Tina will be taking them out from the rooftop and if they send any choppers up there to take care of her, she knows what to do. Enju and Kisara, you two will fight off the guards side by side, and make sure to disable any of them with guns immediately. Remember everyone, this mission is extremely dangerous. So be careful, cause if any of you die, I can not reassure you Rentaro will survive. We need everyone's help ."

Reactions: Izurich
Hina proudly grinned as her father did what he do best, scheming. How he could put together various information into a concrete plan. This particular plan was convenient for her as well, should it fail, only Enju and Kisara would die, it was perfect... or was it? "..." Though she wouldn't admit it, Hina found herself agreeing with the swordswoman, deep down she didn't want her fellow Initiator to die. Kisara too, if she's killed, Tina would be sad, Hina didn't want that. The blue-haired girl let out a subtle sigh of relief when Kage explained further, hopefully no one noticed that. She clenched her right hand on her sword's hilt, mentally preparing herself for the ordeal ahead. It'd be a tough mission, especially with them having no backup or reinforcements, they would have to do with the very limited resources they had.

"Alright... I'll do anything to get Rentaro safe." The redhead nodded at both Kage and Kisara, "It's okay, those bastards won't know what's coming to them." Enju gave her trademark confident grin in a rather obvious attempt to calm herself.

"Mission briefing acknowledged." Tina answered through the walkie-talkie, it seemed everything was set.

Enju was about to depart with Kisara when she found her shoulder gently grabbed by her former arch-nemesis, "S-stay safe..." Hina murmured to Enju as she slightly looked away, her feet shuffling in embarrassment. Much to her own chagrin, Hina couldn't help herself. Considering their history, this one simple act held a thousand words for the two.

"..." Enju was taken aback for a few ticks, before she gave a rather awkward giggle, out of surprise, "O-of course! You too!" Giving a final wink, she got into position with Kisara.

As for Hina, she'll not give any chance for anyone to quip, it took everything to stomp her pride, "L-let's go, Papa..." She rushed away to her designated position.

--

"Hey, assholes!" The watchtower guards all perked up at the loud high-pitched voice just near the main gate, they all went into alert as spotlights turned to illuminate the voice's owner, revealing her to be none other than Aihara Enju, "I... I give up, you took my Promoter away from me! I... I need him so... I give up... just do whatever you want, I'm tired of running." The guards watched as Enju dropped down to her knees, seemingly in despair. They spoke through their intercoms, informing the ground troops to capture this high-priority target.

With spotlights and laser sights aiming at her, Enju saw the large metal gate slowly opened and from it came no less than two squads of Splinter Cells. They marched carefully towards her, all aiming their assault rifles at the Cursed Child. A sergeant gestured for two of his men to grab her while the rest stood guard. The duo approached slowly, even when alone, Initiators were highly dangerous after all. The only reason they didn't fire at her was the potentially valuable information she held regarding the other Initiators and Promoters, they'd definitely dispose of her once they extracted all they could. Just as one soldier was about to grab her...

"!?" One spotlight shattered as a swift bullet penetrated its glass surface. Before anyone could properly react, other spotlights soon followed the same fate, one by one they shattered. Sparks of electricity followed their destruction before they lay dark, now completely useless. It was time. The splinter cells turned on their night-vision, but it was too late, the girl was gone. "Suckers!!" Enju's taunt broke through the silence followed by a satisfying crunch of spine, one agent lay dead on the ground. Not only that, two more agents suddenly dropped dead, courtesy of the Owl. Gunshots and screams tore the night as the facility went into high alert, its alarm blaring.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Ultra Paradox
When Tina took out the lights Kisara rushed besides Enju, and in one swift strike sliced a man clean in half with her Katana. Splinter Cells fired wildly not knowing where any of the enemies were, some attempted to shoot at the rooftops where they believed Tina was, but none of the stray bullets found her and they were taken down by swift shots of her rifle. More men started to rush out of the compound as reinforcements and screams ran out in the air. Yelling from one agent to others. "They're attacking!" One yelled, "Move your ass, come on, double time it!" Another screamed through through the raging sounds of combat. Bullets ricochet off of walls, soldiers were beings shot down, arms being sliced off and teeth being kicked out. It was all going according to plan.

A siren ran off in the air and that was a warning Kagetane took very seriously, an armada of Splinter Cell agents would be here soon and if he didn't do something they'd all be dead before saving Rentaro. "Hina, let's move, now!" While all the guards focused their attack on Enju, Kisara, and Tina; he led his precious daughter through the side of the building where they will catch them all by surprise. He shot down one soldier who was confused by all the ruckus as he ran through the gates they opened to let all those splinter cells out. There was surely only a few of them inside.

He ran into the inside of the compound and with one swift movement he shot a agent in the chest. The agent sent bullets flying wildly as he fell to the ground and Kagetane grabbed a hold of his daughter and shielded her from the gunshots. He groaned in pain as he took three bullets to the back, each one sent a spurt of blood from his back that trickled down his shirt and soaked his suit. It wasn't time to get all mushy, he had to focus on the mission at hand. He let her go and payed the pain no mind, "Hina keep moving." He whispered his voice filled with pain and he struggled to let the words out. He stumbled up to a wall and held himself to it, his breaths deep and hoarse. He pulled out the walkie-talkie, "How's it going out there for you guys?" He asked, mustering up the strength to get those words out.

"I can't talk right now, too many of them! Enju watch your back!" Kisara answered, the sounds of fighting filled the background and made it hard to hear her.

"Alright, just hold them off a little longer," then Kage realized that at least three splinter cells were coming from down the hall, he could hear their footsteps as they got closer. He motioned to Hina to take care of them swiftly and silently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rentaro sat in the chair he was being interrogated in, bloodied and beaten to a pulp. He had a black eye and his lip was cut as blood trickled down his chin and onto the table. He smiled widely, his teeth smeared in blood, "They're coming...and they will make you pay." He spoke to the big burly man who did this to him.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Izurich
Status
Not open for further replies.