Between The Two Of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander, upon hearing these things, made a face as a feedback, "Too clichéd." He retorted, placing his hands behind his back; jerking his head sideways. He was evidently disappointed, he expected so much than just an answer like that, "All knights strive to be such things, but not all of them are." He may be a sheltered child since he came out of his mother's womb, but it didn't mean he was totally clueless.

He was the crown prince for sakes.

"You have a clichéd life, don't you my lady?" He poked, admiring his father's throne from their distance. It shined like a gem, gleaming like it was the most precious thing in this world. It was. It was a powerful seat, but it wasn't something he aspired to get.

Cera glared. "That was the summary dipshit." She said, knowing full well what she said to the prince. It's a very long story, i doubt anyone would have time to hear, and most is classified.

Alexander chuckled. There's a response.

"Dipshit. Now that's an answer." He chortled, taking a small pastry offered by the passing maids before putting it in his mouth. It was a cheese puff, a small block of brie and dried fruit rolled into a soft -- delectable piece. The flavours were immense and satisfying -- it left him thinking about it, "But still. It sounds clichéd."

And it will always be, until proven otherwise.

"So why did you want this job?"

"Keeps me on the right track, i like fighting, and it gives me an excuse to killing someone. Which I do only if needed or ordered.. Sometimes." She laughs a little. "Anything else?"

"Ah. Getting out of the cliché, are we?" Alexander said in awe, toying a fascinated expression before concluding to an idea; clapping his hands in the process, "So THAT'S why you became a knight, you want to kill -- legally."

Very smart -- a license to kill.

"Nothing, nothing else. It just made me wonder, why did I become a prince?" It was an obvious answer: to get the throne. But he... He didn't really want to be a King.

"To be King, of course. Well. Let's move on, my lady. The ball is about to start."

Cera laughed a little. "Okay. Lead the way prince." She said smirking. This would be fun.

The ball was filled of people dressed in variety. From the most peasant of peasants to the highest of nobles, everyone dressed in their best. Actually, the difference of social class was not noticeable at all! It thrilled Alexander, he hasn't seen this much people all his life.

"Son!" His father called from his far left, accompanied by a posh young lady dressed in a rich red gown decorated with thin slices of sheer, "This is the daughter of the Duke of Cornwall -- the man you met earlier. Say hello, Isabela."

The girl, whose name was now known as Isabela, gave the young prince a demure smirk; blushing as she looked away and took a sip from her drink.

"Alexander." He introduced himself, taking her hand into his and planted a kiss on the back of my palm. Charm was a weapon they say, why not exercise it?

The king turned his attention to Cera, "How are you holding up, child? "

Status
Not open for further replies.