Best book you've ever read

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rainjay

Original poster
What's the best book you've ever read? What was the theme, the story, the genre, characters.... tell us everything about it!

I'm too tired to come up with one now.... But I'll read every reply.

I'm looking for new books to read, preferably scifi, but I'll read anything that's good ^^

I read a lot, and there are a lot of different things I like.
I do have a soft spot for the classics though, and If I had to choose . . . Maybe the "Tale of Two Cities"
When I finished that one I remember putting it down and just having this overwhelming feeling of "Whoa!!!"
Or possibly "Jane Eyre".

I'd give you a synopsis, but I'm a bit sleepy myself :)

Reactions: unanun
I read a lot, and there are a lot of different things I like.
I do have a soft spot for the classics though, and If I had to choose . . . Maybe the "Tale of Two Cities"
When I finished that one I remember putting it down and just having this overwhelming feeling of "Whoa!!!"
Or possibly "Jane Eyre".

I'd give you a synopsis, but I'm a bit sleepy myself :)
The Tale of Two Cities I had to read in English my freshman year...

And when we all got to the ending we were FREAKING OUT.

Best plot twist in an old classic book eevvaaar

Reactions: - Falcon -
That's a tough one for me-
I really enjoyed Ender's Game but I also thought that the original Sir Author Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories were perfect.

I used to read a lot. I got way too lazy to continue though. I found myself enjoying the Hunger Games, Maximum Ride and LOTR, however, they're all probably considered childish by now. Seems to me the only thing adults read are books about the holocaust from 32 thousand different perspectives.

I'm torn between Dune, Lies of Locke Locke Lamora, and the Neuromancer. Of them, I'd have to go with Dune. Not the series, just the first one.

I'd have to say The Legend of Luke because it really sucked me into the world. I'm not going into themes. This isn't Literature class damnit and I don't plan on sharing any "deeper meanings" in it. it's a fantasy book at a 6th grade reading level.

Personally I found Maximum Ride to not be to my liking but I did enjoy the Hunger Games... and what read of LOTR. Too much wall of text for me, but I wish I could sit down and read it. Same with GOT. Sounds awesomely awesome but my eyes would hurt so fast x-x

One of the most incredible books I've read is The Book Thief. The movie so didn't do it justice... And even if you know the ending, it is still so... beautiful.

Reactions: ze_kraken
One of the most incredible books I've read is The Book Thief. The movie so didn't do it justice... And even if you know the ending, it is still so... beautiful.

I thought the movie, as a movie, was still good, but yeah. You can't compare it to the book.

The book was amazing. I didn't know what I had until I picked it up and read it. I wante dto see the movie... didn't.. not sure if I regret it. But my grandmother decided to buy me a book for my birthday and just randomly picked it up from the YA section. Thank god she picked a good one xD She wasn't even sure what it was about but I didn't own the book yet..... *insert devilish grin here* But now.. I dooo!!

I am a huuuuuuge fan of the original Sherlock Holmes stories!

I also love Howl's Moving Castle. It's one of my favorite stories in the world!

When I was younger, my favorite books were James and the Giant Peach, and A Tale of Two Cities! (I'm surprised people are mentioning that one O__O)

I am a huuuuuuge fan of the original Sherlock Holmes stories!

I also love Howl's Moving Castle. It's one of my favorite stories in the world!

When I was younger, my favorite books were James and the Giant Peach, and A Tale of Two Cities! (I'm surprised people are mentioning that one O__O)

Well, if you don't like James and the Giant Peach, your parents have done you a disservice! :O

I really like Dan Simmons' Hyperion Cantos. They're all a good read, if you like scifi. I'm also a big fan of all of H.P. Lovecraft's work. I'm not sure I always "get" the whole cosmic horror thing, though. (I can, however, attest that the math behind non-euclidean geometry is, in fact, maddening.) To recommend some other stuff, Vernor Vinge's A Fire upon the Deep is a very good scifi novel I read recently, and Greg Bear's Blood Music has some really interesting stuff in it.

Almost forgot one thing I always recommend. Alice in Wonderland is alwas worth reading, especially if you can find an annotated edition. I really like the insight into the time it was written and explanation of the sort of things being parodied.

My favourite is the umineko series. Not exactly books, as they're sound novels, but they really have amazing stories and morals.

I'd say more lack of morals than anything else...

Lovecraft and Robert Jordan's WoT series are my faves. Also enjoyed A Wrinkle in Time and the associated series. I loved just about everything I've read of Piers Anthony, too. Stephen King and Dean Koontz for that light horror feel.

The last Book I read was two years ago xD

I apologise honestly ^^

It's called Paper Butterfly, by Diane Wang, if I remember good. I am terrible with remembering names xD

It was intriguing indeed.

Sorry I feel to lazy to describe the story. The google or Wiki Awaits you if you want to give it a try xD

Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence, Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card, The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb... yeah.

Books are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.